Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Default west end gun club

i am a limited member of this gun club. been their about 5 times. do they allow metal plate targets at 50 yards ?. last time i was their they added nice metal rail type targets bases but not sure if they have them at 100 yards. i want to keep it simple thanks.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTABIKER View Post
i am a limited member of this gun club. been their about 5 times. do they allow metal plate targets at 50 yards ?. last time i was their they added nice metal rail type targets bases but not sure if they have them at 100 yards. i want to keep it simple thanks.
Ask the Range Master. They have metal hanging targets on the handgun range, and there are "metal shootems" on the rifle range out at 100 yards most of the time. I've seen folks shooting metal spinners at 50 yards on the rifle range too.

Again, ask the Range Master to be sure before setting up. The Range Masters at West End are good folks and run a safe range.
Old 06-12-2013, 1:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
Ask the Range Master. They have metal hanging targets on the handgun range, and there are "metal shootems" on the rifle range out at 100 yards most of the time. I've seen folks shooting metal spinners at 50 yards on the rifle range too.

Again, ask the Range Master to be sure before setting up. The Range Masters at West End are good folks and run a safe range.
thank you, is their a PH # that they answer. the website is not that helpful.
Old 06-12-2013, 3:52 PM
Banned

There are a LOT OF IMPROVEMENTS going on at west end.

The target holders should be done now on the rifle range for 100 yds. That was a project that was going on for a while...

As to metal targets, I cannot guarantee my answer is correct... for a rimfire, the RO's *probably* would be fine with metal spinners and such at 50yds. For a centerfire rifle... I really dont think that would be allowed, but I dont know. The RO's would probably state 100 yd line for centerfire on steel.

Safety of course is the very first priority- and centerfire rifle rounds bouncing back would not be good.

Send an email to the RO's to see what they say. Do understand that any range master will make their own call on what is or is not safe... so if one says it's okay, doesnt mean the others would say the same for sure.... These three listed, are the ones I see at the range the most, but there are others.

Sam Bertic – samrange@wegc.org

Louie Munoz – louierange@wegc.org

John Connell – johnrange@wegc.org

Last edited by postal; 06-12-2013 at 4:06 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 4:27 PM
Calguns Addict

postal thank you , yes i saw the improvements last time i was their. 25 and 50 yard target rails were very nice.
if i made a wood frame to stick in the rail to shoot my steel at 100 yards does anybody know the thickness of the rail gap . the wood legs need to be sturdy to hold up my 20 LB metal plate. those rails make placing targets easy. way better than lytle or burro cyn.
Old 06-13-2013, 6:39 PM
Banned

Not sure the actual thickness between rails. 1/2" or maybe 3/4"... I dont spend much time on the main range.

I'l probably go on Sunday, so I could tell you then.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Calguns Addict

is it open on fathers day ?
Old 06-14-2013, 2:29 PM
Banned

I looked at the calendar. (easy) I google wegc, and right on the menu I see "calendar" listed.

There is nothing on the calendar to say the range will be closed on Sun (fathers day) so it looks open for limited members.

Also just saw that my monthy rifle match on Sun was cancelled for fathers day, so I wont be going on Sunday. That's why I was gonna go.....

Also, do be well aware, that if you want to upgrade to a full membership, you have 24/7/365 access to the range... access to the rear bays where you can shoot from holster, and shoot while moving... call your own line break... A lot of competitions have discount entry fees for full members as well..

and *MOST IMPORTANTLY* we are getting VERY CLOSE to hitting the maximum number of full members. Once we hit the quota of fulltime members, any new name would go on a waiting list until a spot becomes available.

They think we'll hit maximum amount of members within a couple months.

Just want you to be aware of that in you were thinking about membership.
Old 06-14-2013, 2:40 PM
YOU are next!!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by postal View Post
I looked at the calendar. (easy) I google wegc, and right on the menu I see "calendar" listed.

There is nothing on the calendar to say the range will be closed on Sun (fathers day) so it looks open for limited members.

Also just saw that my monthy rifle match on Sun was cancelled for fathers day, so I wont be going on Sunday. That's why I was gonna go.....

Also, do be well aware, that if you want to upgrade to a full membership, you have 24/7/365 access to the range... access to the rear bays where you can shoot from holster, and shoot while moving... call your own line break... A lot of competitions have discount entry fees for full members as well..

and *MOST IMPORTANTLY* we are getting VERY CLOSE to hitting the maximum number of full members. Once we hit the quota of fulltime members, any new name would go on a waiting list until a spot becomes available.

They think we'll hit maximum amount of members within a couple months.

Just want you to be aware of that in you were thinking about membership.
Full membership has already hit maximum cap as of the meeting this past Tuesday.
Old 06-14-2013, 2:59 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperchasin View Post
Full membership has already hit maximum cap as of the meeting this past Tuesday.
yup, membership is full. they will have a waiting list available for any potential openings that will open up in April 2014.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 06-14-2013, 5:27 PM
Banned

OH! Didnt know it filled up already. I know there were a lot of warnings last few months to get people in, since it was getting close.....

OP... depending on my work schedule, I'm going to try to get out there this coming Tues for the long range practice session in the AM.

I can check and give you a solid measurement on the gap of the target rails.

Last edited by postal; 06-14-2013 at 6:06 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 7:45 AM
Calguns Addict

good info thanks, me my son in law and my grand son will be their fathers day. life is good.