Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2019, 8:02 PM

Default Gun Trust Attorney

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right section to post this.

I am looking for an attorney that does gun trusts. I am looking to NFA items in California. I am in Long Beach area, but I wouldn't care if the Attorney is far away and will do a trust via email.

Right now I only found a do it yourself trust online for $100 (not sure if trust worthy or not and no pun intended). Also was quoted $5,000 for a trust, which probably is more then what I am going to spend on NFA items and the lawyer didn't know what the NFA is.

Anybody have an attorney that they can refer?
Old 05-29-2019, 8:14 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

You’re not going to get NFA items into California unless you are PD SWAT unit (except maybe some AOW). There are some gun trusts attorneys around though, I’m sure someone will throw out some names shortly...

Also, in free states where you can get NFA, a trust is not used as often as it was in the past. Laws have changed, making trusts more stringent but the need for them less. You don’t need CLEO sign off any more even without a trust.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 05-29-2019 at 8:22 PM..
Old 05-29-2019, 8:22 PM

We can get AoW's and C&R SBR and C&R SBS.

More worried about family having to transfer and repay for tax stamps, when a trust will allow them to have possession.
Old 05-29-2019, 8:27 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adobe View Post
We can get AoW's and C&R SBR and C&R SBS.

More worried about family having to transfer and repay for tax stamps, when a trust will allow them to have possession.
You would need a lot of those items to justify the price of establishing a trust versus the price of a retransfer and new stamps. Plus isn’t an AOW transfer like $5?

Everyone talks about C&R SBR and SBS but there aren’t many around that truly qualify (they must have been originally made as SBR or SBS, not modified) and even fewer that are very desirable. And CA does not recognize ownership by more than a single person, so some type of state transfer will need to be done no matter what.

Anyhow, contact user GUNTRUST here, he does them https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=36166

Good luck!

Last edited by SkyHawk; 05-29-2019 at 8:30 PM..