Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Handguns For the private sale of handguns. Read the rules before posting.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-10-2019, 8:42 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nakatomi Plaza - 30th floor
Posts: 13,921
iTrader: 161 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMariaAlvarez92 View Post
Flaked... Pulled back on sale and yet keeps bumping and still has them for sale...!!! Smh
You must have hinked him out somehow. Communication breakdown or ??
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-13-2019, 11:44 AM
Packy14's Avatar
Packy14 Packy14 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: socal
Posts: 4,917
iTrader: 130 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMariaAlvarez92 View Post
Flaked... Pulled back on sale and yet keeps bumping and still has them for sale...!!! Smh
Person just doesn't like u. It happens.
__________________
NRA Lifetime Member

1A-2A = -1A
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-25-2019, 10:25 AM
ericgarretson's Avatar
ericgarretson ericgarretson is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 22
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Are you people kidding, a verbal contract is a contract, and it is not concerning real estate, therefore it is a binding agreement between 2 parties. You can only go back on a contract if it is mutual, and not because somebody changed his mind, sorry your in an enforceable contract. Learn law, add it to the golden rule, and there can be no other outcome that Bruce Evil Dog is a person that you're screwed over at the last conceivable minute. If you blind friends with Bruce Evil Dog would be pissed off if the same thing happened to you.

If I wanted to do the research to get his address I would go after him in the courts, and he would lose. He is lucky I have more important things to do.

Evil dog is a man with no honor when you break a fully worked out terms of sale. Evil dog friends must be Democrats claiming nothing happened here even knowing he broke the contract. So shut up Friends of Hilary.

Get stuffed

I don't hide my identity Bruce, and Evil Dog is accurate

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-25-2019, 10:37 AM
ericgarretson's Avatar
ericgarretson ericgarretson is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 22
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The reason he backed out was because he decided he decided he liked it, then said I could have it for the same price as a new model 27. No he was super excited to meet the night before we were going to meet, when we worked out how much cash I was giving him for the . He broke the contract as I was getting my keys and wallet when he called me to back out.

I am not the flake, and I stated how he broke the contract, but you start ripping on the victim? What is wrong with you people?

Get together and do a polish firing squad, the world will be a better place.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-26-2019, 12:11 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 32,499
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgarretson View Post
He broke the contract as I was getting my keys and wallet when he called me to back out.
At least he called to cancel.
Look back in the thread and you'll find people who have driven 100 miles and the seller (or buyer) was a no-show.

Nobody knows what happened in your case other than what you've told us.
Others have had personal experience, so they can rightly comment based on that.

As for calling people "Hillary lovers" because two people spoke up in support of Evil Dog, all I can say is WTF?
Making a mental note to never involve myself in a buy or sale with you.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-26-2019, 1:34 PM
ericgarretson's Avatar
ericgarretson ericgarretson is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 22
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

That is just another fool, you should be pissed every time a person breaks a contract, and when I lived up to my end you say "a mental note not to do business with me" is illogical when I live up to my word. This string is to notify flakes like Evil dog to be warned of prior bad behavior which I did.

You second string losers that don't understand logic makes you look like a bunch of Hilary supporters because you can't follow simple logic jus as Democrats.

Now to your haters may you get screwed like I was, and you wouldn't notify the cal guns population of a flake, shame on you for perpetuating bad behaviour.

My best day will be in 6 years when the peoples republik of Kalifornia will be in my mirrors, and move wherever you can trust your neighbors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-26-2019, 2:01 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 32,499
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgarretson View Post
Now to your haters may you get screwed like I was, and you wouldn't notify the cal guns population of a flake, shame on you for perpetuating bad behaviour.
No, if I get screwed I'll make sure everyone knows about it.
If others say that they had positive experience, oh well, that's not my experience and I'll move on with my life without crying about breach of contract (which will NOT go anywhere in court if there is no financial loss).

Seriously.
This thread is for sharing "beware of buyer/seller"
You did that.
TWO people disagreed with you, but your warning remains in the thread, and I'm sure anyone thinking about doing business with Dog will consider your comments.
Let it drop. There is nothing to be gained by crying about it and insulting other members, other than making yourself look like the kind of person that we would not want to do business with.
There are two sides to every story... if your attitude in this thread was displayed toward Evil Dog, then I can understand why he backed out of the sale
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-26-2019, 9:00 PM
kingransom kingransom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ventura county
Posts: 563
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

I was on your side when you spoke purely of facts and logic, but for God's sake STFU and leave your bull**** politics out of it!!! Once you starting spewing liberal this and Hillary that, my ears developed cancer and your prior valid points went to a baren wasteland. Listening to people's political views literally sucks all the fun out of trying to enjoy being a gun owner. This thread is to help others avoid dealing with unscrupulous people, not to spew your political hatred for one side or the other. Keep that in mind next time you decide to vent on here.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-26-2019, 9:06 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 32,499
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingransom View Post
I was on your side when you spoke purely of facts and logic, but for God's sake STFU and leave your bull**** politics out of it!!! Once you starting spewing liberal this and Hillary that, my ears developed cancer and your prior valid points went to a baren wasteland. Listening to people's political views literally sucks all the fun out of trying to enjoy being a gun owner. This thread is to help others avoid dealing with unscrupulous people, not to spew your political hatred for one side or the other. Keep that in mind next time you decide to vent on here.
Agreed.
Wait... Hillary sucks, but she's completely irrelevant anyways.
But ya... the rant and complaints of breach of contract, sadly, are what people in Free America have come to expect (and hate) about Californians.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-26-2019, 9:33 PM
kingransom kingransom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ventura county
Posts: 563
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Agreed.
Wait... Hillary sucks, but she's completely irrelevant anyways.
But ya... the rant and complaints of breach of contract, sadly, are what people in Free America have come to expect (and hate) about Californians.

For the record she should have been burned at the stake for bengahzi (sic) alone, but didn't want this thread to detail off the topic at hand. As a 50year native Californian, it's disgusting what has happened to this point, and saddens me that those of us who lived our lives the right way and with respect for the law can't even buy a 22 to go plinking. Doesn't help when calgunners start attacking each other's political views. To each his/her own.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-26-2019, 11:39 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 32,499
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingransom View Post
Doesn't help when calgunners start attacking each other's political views.
Particularly when it is an ad hominem attack, and one with absolutely no basis in truth or any information presented... "You disagree with me so you're a fool who loves Hillary"
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-27-2019, 9:11 PM
chrifishtopher chrifishtopher is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 61
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Leonsampson Leonsampson is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 18
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Beware of a buyer or seller named 'Mark Silva' using these numbers:
(858) 774-XX33
(858) 442-XX14
(858) 668-XX16

He is someone who has been banned over a dozen times, for problem transactions.
Formerly known as 'Track Rat', 'Stanced', 'HDPEguy', 'Quip' and more.
Usual M.O. is creating a new account after racking up negative iTrader ratings.
Wow one of those phone numbers is almost identical to my phone number. Only the second to last digit is off.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Leonsampson Leonsampson is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 18
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Unfortunately we have a new one to add to the list.

Gabriel Gonzalez

7808 Camino Raposa
San Diego, CA 92122

(760) 456-5679‬

Gabriel also uses the name 'Carlos' and has a history of flakey accounts going back to his original account 'the paper pimp'.

His latest account was used to take money in payment for a Noveske lower and parts and then never ship the items.

Do not do business with this individual unless you like being ripped off.
I always wondered what would stop someone on here or on armslist to just take my $$ and never send the item. That’s why I’d never buy anything unless it’s face to face, I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-20-2019, 2:35 PM
DB> DB> is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 191
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Not going to "name names" at this point, but the lack of integrity in the CalGuns marketplace is pretty sad.

Just had a seller flake on 2 set meets (place and time committed) and then sell to someone else... very uncool and unprofessional. Had other "sellers" that proposed meets and then just backed out....

One "buyer" who said how reliable he was, only to cancel a couple hours before meeting, and apparently go buy from someone else...

I'm venting a bit, but somehow I'd expect people to have a little more integrity?! Too much to ask, I suppose...
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-20-2019, 6:29 PM
Guninator's Avatar
Guninator Guninator is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: OC
Posts: 384
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgarretson View Post
Are you people kidding, a verbal contract is a contract, and it is not concerning real estate, therefore it is a binding agreement between 2 parties. You can only go back on a contract if it is mutual, and not because somebody changed his mind, sorry your in an enforceable contract.
To be clear, this is not an completely accurate statement about the law in CA or any other state. Under the UCC (adopted by all states including California), sales of good contracts over $500 must be in writing and signed by both parties to be enforceable. If your gun was $500 or less then a verbal deal would be enforceable.

But yes it is annoying and should be grounds for dinging someone's feedback here if they back out after you run down to the bank and make a large cash withdrawal and then they back out.
__________________
IAALBNYL, DNROTAALA: I Am A Lawyer But Not Your Lawyer. Do Not Rely On The Above As Legal Advice.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-22-2019, 6:20 PM
Caller #10's Avatar
Caller #10 Caller #10 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 111
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

[updated with calgunner name per advice]
Advice pls.
Selling an off-roster handgun, listed one day, buyer [Tegulife] with good (but old) iTrader ratings asks that I wait 2 weeks but offer full asking price and supplies their phone and email as goodwill. I accept, they post "I'll take it" and I wait 2 weeks.
A few texts back and forward, set a time, we meet, they have the cash, but the FFL doesn't like their paperwork. I hand them back their cash and agree to meet later at an FFL nearer my home when they can grab the correct paperwork.
They text me later and try change up the FFL location and time. I call them, they don't pick up. They call back later that day have a lame excuse for choosing their FFL and the deal is now dead. My gun is now listed again.
1. Do I post negative iTrader feedback for this Calgunner?
2. Is their flakiness just part of doing business online or have I described a buyer people should be warned about?
Done nothing other than re-post gun ad here [update - negative rating submitted]
Cheers

Last edited by Caller #10; 02-24-2019 at 8:00 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-22-2019, 6:29 PM
Mike1616 Mike1616 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

A deal was made. Not your fault he didn't have the paper work. You gave him more and he backed out. Flame em...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-22-2019, 7:19 PM
Isleworth Isleworth is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 169
iTrader: 9 / 91%
Default

BEWARE OF THIS BUYER: SSick02

SSick02 (Buyer) sent PM "I'll take it". Starts to bargain on price and plays nickel and dime game to lower price to $1500 when I posted my price at $1,800. I agreed to deliver the Colt 1911 Govt pistol, BNIB for $1,700. I found an FFL to do a PPT. Buyer never answered back on a date and time to meet, instead he wants to offer me $1,500 for the Colt.

If buyer cannot afford the Colt, then don't send me a PM saying - "I'll take it".
You are wasting my time and I turned away prospective buyers who had the money to complete the sale.

This buyer is a total flake and cannot be trusted. I will not do business with this guy. A complete waste of time! F for Flake out!

************************************************** ***********
AFTER RECEIVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK -

The buyer sent me a total of 20 texts on my phone ranting and raving about his negative feedback. He called me an "****ing *******, pig, dick, and ****ing mother****er. He threatened me in his texts. I have a complete record of every text he sent and I will be reporting him to Calguns admin due to his Foul language and uncivilized behavior.

He also threatened me that I have 1 day to remove the negative feedback!
I think he is the only psycho person here and has gone crazy after seeing that his ONLY feedback has been negative. No positive feedback I wonder why? He is not a decent person to deal with. Bottom line: If you are not happy with the price then "Don't Buy". There is no point in sending me a PM saying "I'll take the Colt" and then not completing the sale and trying to lower the price from $1,800 to $1,700 to $1,500? If you don't like the deal then "Don't Buy".
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-22-2019, 7:35 PM
Garv's Avatar
Garv Garv is offline
Multi-Tool
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SoCal South Bay
Posts: 6,146
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleworth View Post
BEWARE OF THIS BUYER: SSick02

SSick02 (Buyer) sent PM "I'll take it". Starts to bargain on price and plays nickel and dime game to lower price to $1500 when I posted my price at $1,800. I agreed to deliver the Colt 1911 Govt pistol, BNIB for $1,700. I found an FFL to do a PPT. Buyer never answered back on a date and time to meet, instead he wants to offer me $1,500 for the Colt.

If buyer cannot afford the Colt, then don't send me a PM saying - "I'll take it".
You are wasting my time and I turned away prospective buyers who had the money to complete the sale.

This buyer is a total flake and cannot be trusted. I will not do business with this guy. A complete waste of time! F for Flake out!

************************************************** ***********
AFTER RECEIVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK -

The buyer sent me a total of 20 texts on my phone ranting and raving about his negative feedback. He called me an "****ing *******, pig, dick, and ****ing mother****er. He threatened me in his texts. I have a complete record of every text he sent and I will be reporting him to Calguns admin due to his Foul language and uncivilized behavior.

He also threatened me that I have 1 day to remove the negative feedback!
I think he is the only psycho person here and has gone crazy after seeing that his ONLY feedback has been negative. No positive feedback I wonder why? He is not a decent person to deal with. Bottom line: If you are not happy with the price then "Don't Buy". There is no point in sending me a PM saying "I'll take the Colt" and then not completing the sale and trying to lower the price from $1,800 to $1,700 to $1,500? If you don't like the deal then "Don't Buy".
Neutral feedback would have been appropriate per the Rules.
(But the name calling, etc. should be grounds for a ban.)

Edit: Looks like it got changed to neutral.
__________________
Originally posted by Kestryll:
It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 02-22-2019, 7:44 PM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 783
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleworth View Post
BEWARE OF THIS BUYER: SSick02

SSick02 (Buyer) sent PM "I'll take it". Starts to bargain on price and plays nickel and dime game to lower price to $1500 when I posted my price at $1,800. I agreed to deliver the Colt 1911 Govt pistol, BNIB for $1,700. I found an FFL to do a PPT. Buyer never answered back on a date and time to meet, instead he wants to offer me $1,500 for the Colt.

If buyer cannot afford the Colt, then don't send me a PM saying - "I'll take it".
You are wasting my time and I turned away prospective buyers who had the money to complete the sale.

This buyer is a total flake and cannot be trusted. I will not do business with this guy. A complete waste of time! F for Flake out!

************************************************** ***********
AFTER RECEIVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK -

The buyer sent me a total of 20 texts on my phone ranting and raving about his negative feedback. He called me an "****ing *******, pig, dick, and ****ing mother****er. He threatened me in his texts. I have a complete record of every text he sent and I will be reporting him to Calguns admin due to his Foul language and uncivilized behavior.

He also threatened me that I have 1 day to remove the negative feedback!
I think he is the only psycho person here and has gone crazy after seeing that his ONLY feedback has been negative. No positive feedback I wonder why? He is not a decent person to deal with. Bottom line: If you are not happy with the price then "Don't Buy". There is no point in sending me a PM saying "I'll take the Colt" and then not completing the sale and trying to lower the price from $1,800 to $1,700 to $1,500? If you don't like the deal then "Don't Buy".
1000%

I had one where we agreed/confirmed on price and meet up date and time and ended with see you tomorrow and he said see you tomorrow. then 20 minutes later sends two unannounced text trade ideas, after I respectfully decline and both said again see you tomorrow, then 5 additional trade texts propositions!! I decline again and said good night see you tomorrow again.

Then 6am text came in said "I have bad news for you". I found the same firearm for less. So I checked and it was not the exact model, mine was higher model. Then buyer wants me to match the price to that different model which he thought it was the same. By this time I after all the bs after we agreed, I finally had it and said deal is off, have a nice day. then he sends 4 additional text wanting me to match. Then last text was "how come you are not responding?"

Relisted that morning and sold to a veteran Calgunner and ppt that day with no issues, same original price.

Yeah games playing idiots out there!! SMH

Last edited by sfe187; 02-24-2019 at 8:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-24-2019, 8:03 AM
Caller #10's Avatar
Caller #10 Caller #10 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 111
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1616 View Post
A deal was made. Not your fault he didn't have the paper work. You gave him more and he backed out. Flame em...
Thanks. Thought on this but hassle I'm going thru now with re-listing having done so much for Tegulife warrants others being warned. He once had good ratings once but apparently a lot has happened in a year since his last one.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-27-2019, 5:12 PM
billped billped is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,207
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Personal integrity is of critical importance to many (like me) but not to others. It's unfortunate that it's so incredibly difficult to see who has it and who doesn't, though the iTrader ratings are a reasonable view of that.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-03-2019, 3:39 PM
2IDUSARMY's Avatar
2IDUSARMY 2IDUSARMY is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 25
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Please Add this piece of **** to the list. Goes by Josh from OC.
FOREVER GHOSTED is his user name. Made we wait at Turners in Pasadena for an hour while he blocked my phone number. He's so dumb I called him with a blocked number and he answered. Sounded like a lame *** surfer dude with his head up his ***. Gave me some lame excuses and said he was still coming. I don't know what's wrong with these Losers. Thread is below.
What's up with these OC guys? A bunch of flakes or what.







..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverghosted7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2IDUSARMY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverghosted7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2IDUSARMY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverghosted7
Hey man. I was wondering if you’re still selling the Glock? I’m in OC. Was interested in it without the light. Thanks.


Yes, still for sale. $650




Hey Brother sorry for the late reply.
I'm in Orange County. Where would you be willing to meet? I'd be willing to drive up to you.

Can you go to Burbank?

Hey man. Not sure if my first reply went though.
I'd be willing to drive up to Burbank. Text me if you can: 714-743-8397
My name is Josh.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-04-2019, 5:14 PM
cgseanp1 cgseanp1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: petaluma
Posts: 3,506
iTrader: 77 / 99%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2IDUSARMY View Post
Please Add this piece of **** to the list. Goes by Josh from OC.
FOREVER GHOSTED is his user name. Made we wait at Turners in Pasadena for an hour while he blocked my phone number. He's so dumb I called him with a blocked number and he answered. Sounded like a lame *** surfer dude with his head up his ***. Gave me some lame excuses and said he was still coming. I don't know what's wrong with these Losers. Thread is below.
What's up with these OC guys? A bunch of flakes or what.





..

He registered a few days ago.. seems to be norm nowadays. I’m surprised he actually gave you his real number.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-04-2019, 7:06 PM
1up 1up is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 258
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Lmfao horrible
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-04-2019, 10:58 PM
Noobnoob! Noobnoob! is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 42
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Beware of user "james34".

He replied to my WTB listing (with a price too good to be true) and when asked to meet at a local FFL to do the purchase/transfer he wants $ via Western Union first... Also sends fake feedback. POS scammer.





Fake feedback he sent:



His actual feedback

Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-14-2019, 4:34 AM
Packy14's Avatar
Packy14 Packy14 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: socal
Posts: 4,917
iTrader: 130 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
At least he called to cancel.
Look back in the thread and you'll find people who have driven 100 miles and the seller (or buyer) was a no-show.

Nobody knows what happened in your case other than what you've told us.
Others have had personal experience, so they can rightly comment based on that.

As for calling people "Hillary lovers" because two people spoke up in support of Evil Dog, all I can say is WTF?
Making a mental note to never involve myself in a buy or sale with you.
Just add to ignore list... I can't remember all the *******s on here but my ignore list does
__________________
NRA Lifetime Member

1A-2A = -1A
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-27-2019, 2:20 PM
Blasster1 Blasster1 is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 49
iTrader: 11 / 92%
Default BEWARE (iVNLOBO)Not a man of his word.

"IVNLOBO" This guy has a mp9 for sale 850obo i adked if 780 would be good enough and tells me to let him sleep on it, then bumps the listing the same day he post ad... after couple hours no buyer he sends me a pm asking if i can ppt next day i said yes , than tells me he to txt in the a.m i guess he was waiting for somebody to buy it or offer more, i sent him pm telling him i have another seller and didn't want to leave him hanging so asked if were a go? , he ask if i can ppt tomorrow a.m Again i said yes, a.m come around he agreed to take 780 if i can meet at either of 2 locations i said ok i can go to one of the 2 locations than Comes back saying he can't because he's working and now tells me he had a higher offer and expects me to match that. Long story short the guy sold to highest bidder and gives me a negative itrader because he backed out of sale and i didn't match price according to him i low balled him!!! How can that itrader even stand.??? . Because of him i missed out on another purchase and got my first negative itrader,, ridiculous.. I guess a man's word isn't what it used to be
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190327-104455_Messages.jpg (99.2 KB, 307 views)
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-31-2019, 7:00 PM
thejayrod's Avatar
thejayrod thejayrod is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

beware of Pietrob92

this idiot made me take a day off of work to meet for a transfer in the burbank area and didnt keep his word.. he then replied a few days later apologizing willing to meet again.. i said ok and of course he dissapeared again.. his name is "shant"
phone number is (818) 307-0088
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-01-2019, 2:51 PM
j.gross12's Avatar
j.gross12 j.gross12 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 19
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Beware of “hermie manahan” he is not a serious buyer and will ask you to contact him by posting on your marketplace listing. He has no idea what the details of the gun are and what he is trying to buy. His posts will look like this:

how many rds. was fired on this gun. txt me at 818 288 0286
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-23-2019, 6:14 AM
mmaaka's Avatar
mmaaka mmaaka is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 335
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

man this **** sucks not even honest sellers here makes it hard for guys like me
__________________
FIGHT CRIME SHOOT BACK !!!

Mikes Tacticals In Tracy
07 FFL
408-406-7854
ammo/firearms/manufacturing
INQUIRYS EMAIL
CUSTOMERSERVICE@MIKES-TACTICALS.COM
FB : www.facebook.com/mikestactical
WEB:www.mikes-tacticals.com
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-28-2019, 8:22 AM
hvnnvh hvnnvh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 19
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Buyer flaked last min ...

Charles Rhee (Break1995)
(714) ***-7572
North County San Diego

Made an offer and left a deposit on a firearm I had for sale for OVER a week. Confirmed our appointment the night before the transaction. BAILED 55 MIN BEFORE TRANSACTION!!! Don't waste your time with this individual.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-28-2019, 9:27 AM
psssniper's Avatar
psssniper psssniper is offline
nulla lex prohibet
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Clemente
Posts: 2,883
iTrader: 193 / 100%
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Well how big of a deposit and are you keeping it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvnnvh View Post
Charles Rhee (Break1995)
(714) ***-7572
North County San Diego

Made an offer and left a deposit on a firearm I had for sale for OVER a week. Confirmed our appointment the night before the transaction. BAILED 55 MIN BEFORE TRANSACTION!!! Don't waste your time with this individual.
__________________
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness; I love only that which they defend.
victus exaro somniculosus, somnus exaro ieiunium
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-28-2019, 10:16 AM
lostinsd82's Avatar
lostinsd82 lostinsd82 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Somewhere in SD
Posts: 283
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psssniper View Post
Well how big of a deposit and are you keeping it?
so you got a deposit? no harm no foul?
__________________
--
"To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason

San Diego, CA.

Member: NRA, CRPA, SD County Gun Owners
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 05-29-2019, 3:40 PM
RRRRonald RRRRonald is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 64
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Evil Dog was a pleasure to deal with... did several transactions. Very fair and accommodating... His word was good as gold with me.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-07-2019, 7:18 PM
beaton beaton is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 28
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default Beware dealing with SSick02

SSick02- Bought a handgun from me via PayPal and then told his cc company that he never received it. LGS confirmed via copy of delivered DROS that he picked up after he was delayed. PayPal now is threatening to put me in collections because he still won’t tell his cc company the charge was valid. He’s had the TRP full rail for over 2 months and is trying to make me use law enforcement/civil intervention to not end up in collections. Won’t reply to any messages and has his money and the firearm. Sellers Beware, Buyers for that matter too. He might be selling a gun he never paid for.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-07-2019, 7:43 PM
Skip_Dog's Avatar
Skip_Dog Skip_Dog is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,592
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

^ thanks for the heads up. Sucks. Do you have any texts or emails closing the deal? Keep them and fight paypal. And maybe ask the ffl for a copy of the pick up paper work for le.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-07-2019, 7:49 PM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 783
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaton View Post
SSick02- Bought a handgun from me via PayPal and then told his cc company that he never received it. LGS confirmed via copy of delivered DROS that he picked up after he was delayed. PayPal now is threatening to put me in collections because he still won’t tell his cc company the charge was valid. He’s had the TRP full rail for over 2 months and is trying to make me use law enforcement/civil intervention to not end up in collections. Won’t reply to any messages and has his money and the firearm. Sellers Beware, Buyers for that matter too. He might be selling a gun he never paid for.
Is there a reason why you accept payment using PayPal? As you know PayPal is already anti A2 but when doing ftf transactions, always CASH in hand before DROS. Neve trust anyone! I hope you learned from this incident. All the best.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-08-2019, 11:11 AM
beaton beaton is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 28
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfe187 View Post
Is there a reason why you accept payment using PayPal? As you know PayPal is already anti A2 but when doing ftf transactions, always CASH in hand before DROS. Neve trust anyone! I hope you learned from this incident. All the best.

I definitely did learn and PayPal was....wait for it....his request. There’s actually more to this story as the whole transaction was less than smooth. Funny thing is while the initial transaction was taking place there were some issues and I was more than accommodating as I didn’t get my actual payment until 5 days into his background. He got delayed and assumed it was my fault because the gun he bought was originally DROS to my wife, a fact I willing shared with him because I knew it wasn’t causing the delay. I didn’t realize that it was hers until after the sale but was told by multiple ffls, le, and DOJ that the delay would not be triggered from that, delays are triggered on the buyers side only (unless the gun has been reported stolen, which isn’t the case here) and in this case most likely because the transaction was within a week or two of the government shut down in January, so likely had nothing to do with anything other than a backlog and constrained resources.He actually seemed like a good guy initially and we talked about how we are both family men and have more important things in life than to get upset over a less than smooth transaction. If he were to just pay what he agreed and initially did pay then I would redact all of this and chalk it up to a misunderstanding. However, as things currently sit, I feel I have a duty to inform the calgun community about his actions. For all I know he does this intentionally and then resells the guns he never actually paid for. Since he won’t reply to me via text, email, or private message here it feels like he’s gone dark on me and maybe this isn’t the first time. Going through the small claims process is a pain and most probably won’t go through all of it hoping they collect so this kind of behavior is made possible. I hope I’m wrong and he reaches out, if he does I’ll repost. Cash only and don’t assume people have the same morals as you do just because you’ve got a few things in common.

Last edited by beaton; 06-08-2019 at 11:31 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:36 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.