Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 AM

Default torrance turners dont except FFL to FFL

what that matter with these guys you call and they are terrible always Torrance is your worst store .not first time to complain about them.firts they tell me beginning of the year ar15 are banned and they don't sell them to we don't except FFL to FFL transfers . as a FFL you a required to except FFL to FFL.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

No FFL transfers that's crap

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 09-27-2013, 8:11 AM

I thought only PPT's are required and FFL's are up to the licensee. Interstate transfers are a pain in the butt. Turners was doing them the beginning of the year but it was pricey at $125 + tax + DROS. The black rifle explosion due to high demand put an end to that policy. There are plenty of Mom & Pops that do it like EBR in Newbury park. It would be impossible for their corporate office to handle the volume of requests generated by 15 stores.
Old 09-27-2013, 8:16 AM

Let alone train hundreds of employees in how to do them!! As if there isn't enough complaining about the Turner's staff on CG make them interface with an out of state gun dealer that hates California.
Old 09-27-2013, 8:50 AM
Senior Member Xtraordinar
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 blazer View Post
what that matter with these guys you call and they are terrible always Torrance is your worst store .not first time to complain about them.firts they tell me beginning of the year ar15 are banned and they don't sell them to we don't except FFL to FFL transfers . as a FFL you a required to except FFL to FFL.
Pretty sure there is no requirement for them to receive a firearm you purchased from another vendor. (i.e. FFL to FFL) Since everything comes in and out of their main warehouse, it wouldn't be decided at the store level anyways. I don't think any Big 5 stores do them either.

I think what you are referring to are PPT's and that is a requirement and they DO do those at any store.

NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/PPIH/PPOH Instructor | NRA Certified RSO | NRA Life Member | GSSF Life Time Member | Surefire Low Light Instructor | Glock Certified Armorer | Utah CCW Instructor | Nevada CCW Instructor
Old 09-27-2013, 7:39 PM
Veteran Member

All the Turner's will not accept outta state FFL transfer's right now during the gun craze buying. According to one of the managers I talked to there there's only 2 ladies at the corporate office that handle FFL transfer paperwork for all the Turners stores. During the buy craze it was way tooo much for the 2 to handle so they temporarily put a stop to accepting transfers.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 09-28-2013, 7:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

No gun store is required by law to accept FFL transfers. You sir are wrong and ripping on the store for not wanting to do the leg work for another business.
I suggest before you go off on a rant that you become educated on the law and if you don't like it, you can always ask Di-Fi to make a gun law to accommodate you.
Old 09-30-2013, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 blazer View Post
as a FFL you a required to except FFL to FFL.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Oh damn hk, I didn't even notice that.
Is he stating that FFLs are require [to do transfer]EXCEPT FFL to FFL? (which is true)
Or is he stating that FFLs are required to ACCEPT FFL to FFL transfers?
Old 10-01-2013, 11:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

do you mean accept? are you an ffl cause they should transfer from their ffl to yours but they are not required to transfer from another ffl to you
Old 10-02-2013, 8:28 PM

A FFL dealer is not required to accept a transfer.... FFL deals have the right to refuse or deny a transfer from another FFL..... Moron..... Learn the industry before majoring false statements......