Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-23-2019, 9:01 AM
igs igs is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 231
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFAN IN OC View Post
it was OCSD and I disclosed the tickets for the last 5 years (none).
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFAN IN OC View Post
I had forgotten about a few tickets from back in 1987-1992. I now have to write explanations of why I didn't put them on my application.
Why would you need to explain why you didn't put something on your application that isn't required?
__________________
If a frame or receiver can only be made into a long gun (rifle or shotgun), it is still a frame or receiver not a handgun or long gun.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-07-2019, 4:00 PM
Roering's Avatar
Roering Roering is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 598
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I never listed mine but had a speeding ticket back in 2007 or so.

Seems odd you got flagged for tickets that long ago.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-07-2019, 4:03 PM
The War Wagon's Avatar
The War Wagon The War Wagon is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: da' 'BURGH
Posts: 5,832
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Red face

It's ALWAYS cold in Iowa. Dress for a blizzard.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-07-2019, 4:30 PM
KINGSFAN IN OC KINGSFAN IN OC is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Yeah I don't know why they sweated me but less than a week after I uploaded my response to the things they wanted clarification for I was issued my CCW. I dunno man
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-07-2019, 6:11 PM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 88
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

My wife wore 6" heeled boots and had her millers in a low cut top kinda showing...

I think things went well for her..


.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-07-2019, 6:24 PM
Nismo Nismo is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 502
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight View Post
My wife wore 6" heeled boots and had her millers in a low cut top kinda showing...

I think things went well for her..


.
Pics? for research purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-08-2019, 10:15 AM
jdben92883 jdben92883 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Corona
Posts: 3,695
iTrader: 194 / 100%
Default

I'm a professional (real estate and mortgage broker) and I'm in shorts most of my life. Applying for a CCW is not a job interview and it's not doing business IMO. All of my appointments have been in shorts (probably camo) and a polo. Range time requires pants per safety rules.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-08-2019, 1:52 PM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 88
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'm covered in tattoos so it didn't matter what I wore because I was stripped down to my underwear and photographed head to toe front to back

What matters is that you are a good guy/gal

Ie clean record


That's all that matters


.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-08-2019, 1:54 PM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 88
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Nismo,

I'll see what I can do..
I might be able to post a few pix up

She was gonna dress square but I suggested she dress like a s***t so things would go smoother...

In think she was in and out in like 4 minutes lolz...


.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-08-2019, 10:01 PM
tanks's Avatar
tanks tanks is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,179
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliberetta View Post
...
Back to the topic - I'm OCSD too and am surprised they scrutinized your traffic infractions from 30 years ago.
.
I think when OP is saying tickets he is talking about misdemeanor offenses not traffic infractions.
__________________
For Sale - Reloading Supplies Powder and Xtreme bullets, For Trade Federal Primers
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1191755
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-09-2019, 8:23 AM
MyOdessa's Avatar
MyOdessa MyOdessa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nor. Cal.
Posts: 1,916
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFAN IN OC View Post
Yeah I don't know why they sweated me but less than a week after I uploaded my response to the things they wanted clarification for I was issued my CCW. I dunno man
__________________
Socialism is a conspiracy of losers against achievers.
Democratic Party is the party of evil.
There is indeed a rat in a democrat.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-09-2019, 8:35 AM
Milsurp1's Avatar
Milsurp1 Milsurp1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,508
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

In a government-knows-best scenario where you are asking for permission to exercise a constitutional right your dress should show the interviewer that you view your meeting as important. Shorts send a message that you are either a wealthy retired man of leisure who always wears shorts on your yacht, or you view the meeting as an insignificant chat. If going for the former look, I suggest a Brooks Brothers sweater tied around your neck and side brushed blonde hair.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-09-2019, 9:43 PM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 88
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp1 View Post
In a government-knows-best scenario where you are asking for permission to exercise a constitutional right your dress should show the interviewer that you view your meeting as important. Shorts send a message that you are either a wealthy retired man of leisure who always wears shorts on your yacht, or you view the meeting as an insignificant chat. If going for the former look, I suggest a Brooks Brothers sweater tied around your neck and side brushed blonde hair.

- cops think in black and white
- you are either good or bad
- they've seen plenty of well-dressed scum
- and they've seen many good people dressed like flood-victims

- I agree dress reasonable
- just don't think too much in it
- the record speaks for itself... if you havent even gotten a speeding ticket in 10 years you are viewed as LAW ABIDING in thier minds

- remember they interact with criminals daily...

- again I was asked to strip to my tighty-whiteys for tattoo inventory
- they care about your moral character... I had no tickets in like the past 7 years.. then it was something minor like a seatbelt not on.. no actual speeding tickets for like 15 years lol..





.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-10-2019, 9:24 PM
PaDanby PaDanby is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I suspect that if all that was omitted was ancient traffic tickets, it wouldn't be a problem. Two felony detentions with apparently incomplete information or insufficient information, well I wouldn't be surprised they are a little more "inquisitive" compared to others with a less interesting history.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-11-2019, 11:09 AM
I Swan's Avatar
I Swan I Swan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,291
iTrader: 67 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight View Post
- cops think in black and white
- you are either good or bad
- they've seen plenty of well-dressed scum
- and they've seen many good people dressed like flood-victims

- I agree dress reasonable
- just don't think too much in it
- the record speaks for itself... if you havent even gotten a speeding ticket in 10 years you are viewed as LAW ABIDING in thier minds

- remember they interact with criminals daily...

- again I was asked to strip to my tighty-whiteys for tattoo inventory
- they care about your moral character... I had no tickets in like the past 7 years.. then it was something minor like a seatbelt not on.. no actual speeding tickets for like 15 years lol..





.
I thought you were actually joking about the stripping to your drawers thing. Interesting approach your wife used too but far from uncommon!

I once told a woman I knew that I was taking to a gun shop to negotiate a deal on a gun she wanted to wear something slutty/low cut/tight. It worked.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-11-2019, 2:28 PM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 88
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I swan,

No joke.. I was strip inventoried. I believe they have tattoo recognition technology.

But they didn't care... their exact words were "we got alot of people with more tats and ccws than you "....

The were looking for offensive, racist, and white power or aryan brotherhood or gang tats..

Cops are pretty good judges of character.. when my wife went they were grilling the poor guy next to her.."when's the last time you had a drink or did meth!!" Lolz

The guy was dressed like a nerd.. but he still gave off bad vibes...
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:15 AM
KINGSFAN IN OC KINGSFAN IN OC is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaDanby View Post
I suspect that if all that was omitted was ancient traffic tickets, it wouldn't be a problem. Two felony detentions with apparently incomplete information or insufficient information, well I wouldn't be surprised they are a little more "inquisitive" compared to others with a less interesting history.

Yeah and I got my CCW in 31 days total from application to issue.
I disclosed all arrests (2) with a page letter covering both in my initial application with copies of police reports. there was no incomplete information. I was a victim in 2 crimes unfortunately the LEO that handled both were overzealous and quick to make an arrest.
That's why I was given detention only certificates for both. I never should have been arrested in either case

There are guys here waiting 4 months.

Funny how this thread wont just die
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:06 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.