Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 6:36 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
If I fracture a law or two in my daily life, I expect to get busted for it and suffer the consequences for it. If I run tint on my car, which I don't... or if I speed, which I occasionally do, I expect the cops who enforce the laws to do their job.

I am the one that put the cop in that situation in the first place. He didn't pick me to break the law, I broke the law, and made him come after me.

Whether the law is petty or not, that is not my call, is it? Crime classification is up to the... yep... legislature. They decide if it is an infraction, misdemeanor, or felony. Not me. I just enforce it.

As to the poster who talked about the spirit of the law, I fully agree with you. You make it easy on me, I make it easy on you. You don't give me any reasons to think you're hiding something, I won't go digging.

Like you said, cooperate, be courteous, show the officer you are not trying to be difficult and play the "I know my Constitutional Rights" game, and I will do what I have to do, and get you on your way.
I never said I did not expect to get a ticket for tint. That is the risk I run with the choice I made.
I am one of the good guys whether you choose to believe that or not and do as the one poster says if and when I ever do get pulled over.

All windows go down, hands get kept on steering wheel if it's night the interior light gets turned on. Yes Sir No sir will be my replies.

As for you getting busted for speeding or what ever other traffic law you may have violated, I am sure you get shown that professional courtesy and get let go. Not to mention the fact that most LEO have their plates set as private so that an officer pulling you over already knows you a fellow LEO.

Last edited by 97F1504RAD; 03-22-2011 at 5:04 PM..
Old 03-22-2011, 4:10 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Please keep on topic. Meets with each other can be done with pms. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2011, 4:21 PM
Veteran Member

I never thought of you as a bad guy, but like I said, you make your bed, you lie in it.

I never ask for professional courtesy, but yes, if a cop figures out I am also a cop, and exercises his discretion, I won't challenge him and tell him to scratch me. There's one major department that doesn't always run your plate before pulling you over, so that is not a guarantee of immunity either.
Old 03-22-2011, 4:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
Please keep on topic. Meets with each other can be done with pms. Thanks.
10-4. My apologies as the senior officer on duty and I accept full responsibilty for Boing's conduct.
Old 03-22-2011, 5:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I never thought of you as a bad guy, but like I said, you make your bed, you lie in it.

I never ask for professional courtesy, but yes, if a cop figures out I am also a cop, and exercises his discretion, I won't challenge him and tell him to scratch me. There's one major department that doesn't always run your plate before pulling you over, so that is not a guarantee of immunity either.
Discretion being the key word. And all of you LEO's can use that on folks that have tint as well. You do not have to site any of them/us. And as I have said numerous times, I accept what happens if I get a ticket. I am a big boy and can accept the consequences of my actions. The Mustang is the only vehicle I have that has tint on the front windows. None of my others do.
Old 03-22-2011, 6:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post
Discretion being the key word. And all of you LEO's can use that on folks that have tint as well. You do not have to site any of them/us. And as I have said numerous times, I accept what happens if I get a ticket. I am a big boy and can accept the consequences of my actions. The Mustang is the only vehicle I have that has tint on the front windows. None of my others do.
I totally agree with you. I exercise my discretion all the time and I don't cite for a lot of stuff, including righteous stops for movers, if the driver is truthful and upfront and doesn't jerk me around.

If you are dishonest and try to tell me you didn't do it, when I clearly saw it, I will ask you one more time, tell the truth, I know what I saw. Then it's all up to the driver at that point. I think that is more than fair. We are all adults and I will see how you want to be treated at that point.
Old 03-23-2011, 4:01 PM

Do the job, THEN come back and comment on how the job "should be" done....
Old 03-28-2011, 7:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelx View Post
Nah, too much work, so much easier to just comment on things that you have never done and never will do. Monday Morning Quarterbacking works better that way.
Old 03-28-2011, 8:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelx View Post
Quote:
Nah, too much work, so much easier to just comment on things that you have never done and never will do. Monday Morning Quarterbacking works better that way.
You mean like both of you just did? Without knowing any of the people that have commented in this thread or what their history is.
Old 03-28-2011, 9:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post
You mean like both of you just did? Without knowing any of the people that have commented in this thread or what their history is.
Nope, unlike you, neither one of us commented on your job and proceeded to tell you how to do your job.
Old 03-28-2011, 9:23 PM

^^^^^^ x10!!
Closed Thread