Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2019, 11:12 PM

Default UNPLANNED (Movie)

Went with the family to the 11:30a showing in Escondido.
It was very well done; better than I was expecting.

The R rating is ridiculous, should be pg-13 at best. An obvious attempt by the small minded to hinder a film they disagreed with. There are 3 scenes with blood in them due to the abortion procedures that were performed. No Sex/Violence and Minimal bad language. Seems fitting that the true portrayal an abortion procedure is an R rated event.

It clearly portrayed the clinic workers as normal people with feelings, family and a job to do and not as baby murdering monsters as some pro-life voices may claim. Sadly, lefty reviews called the film propaganda, which it clearly is not as it portrays one persons experience and journey in life. The one thing that surprised me was that Abby Johnson came from a Christian family and yet was persuaded that she was doing good by working at the abortion clinic.

In the end, it was truth and love that won over and convinced Abby Johnson to quit her job as a clinic director.

Another interesting note is that the first abortion doctor in the movie is a real OB/GYN that had performed over 1200 abortions before having his own reality moment. There is a site with his story and explanations of common abortion procedures here: http://www.abortionprocedures.com

I highly recommend that everyone here go see the film.

SG

Last edited by SelfGovernor; 04-03-2019 at 10:40 PM..
Old 04-02-2019, 11:14 AM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I heard it was good.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordupmybrotha View Post
I heard it was good.
So, when are you going to see it?

I have 3 daughters, 12, 15 and 17 and it was important for them to see the reality of abortion from the point of view of someone who worked on the inside.

SG
Old 04-04-2019, 2:37 PM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfGovernor View Post
So, when are you going to see it?

I have 3 daughters, 12, 15 and 17 and it was important for them to see the reality of abortion from the point of view of someone who worked on the inside.

SG
Lol. I have 3 daughters as well, but younger - in Elementary school. Feeling squeamish to sit through that topic.
Old 04-04-2019, 4:07 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Every Christian I know that's seen it is highly recommending it.

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 04-06-2019, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordupmybrotha View Post
Lol. I have 3 daughters as well, but younger - in Elementary school. Feeling squeamish to sit through that topic.
It may be too intense for them. You should see it first. It may be better to get the DVD for later.

My daughters have had some real life experiences with 4H, Goat delivery blood & gore so we felt they would be fine. Everyone is different.

You could still show them the videos at http://www.abortionprocedures.com if you want them to know the truth.

SG

Last edited by SelfGovernor; 04-06-2019 at 10:02 PM..