Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated > Semiauto Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Semiauto Rifles Gallery Post pictures of your rifles and carbines here!

Old 11-18-2017, 8:35 PM

Default Photos of your "Minute Man" rifle & gear

Let's see it. Your main battle rifle and gear. One or two photos.

Not talking about a long term SHTF or bug-out scenario here. Talking about an immediate or imminent situation where contact with hostile individuals is probable. One example could be your wife or girlfriend (or both?) is stuck downtown when natural disaster occurs and massive violent riots/looting breaks out and emergency services are overwhelmed or non-existent. You need to bring her home. Another example could be protecting your property or neighborhood from a fast approaching threat.

Basically, your "Minuteman" gear. I'm bored and I enjoy seeing fellow Calgunner's rigs so let's see 'em. Plus I took some photos today before I went out shooting so I need an excuse to show them.

Primary: Daniel Defense M4V7 SLW (Aimpont Pro, Surefire M600, CMC 5.5lb trigger)

Secondary: Glock 17 (older RTF version)

Gear: HSGI battle belt, Direct Action Dust pack.

In the pack I have a first-aid kit, water bladder, extra ammo, a little bit of food, rain poncho, a few survival items and that's about it. My philosophy is light and fast, mobile and agile. I'm not loading down with 50+ pounds of gear if I'm expecting a firefight. I have also forgone the option of a plate carrier/armor and fully accept the ramifications of that decision. And yes, I do train with this gear. Very often.

Old 11-22-2017, 9:08 AM

Nice rig, sir. I think you may have just caught many of us with our pants down, so to speak. I mean, I'm sure lots of us have the necessary stuff to put together such a system. But I'm willing to bet that, sadly, most of it isn't "squared away" and GTG2W. Anyway, good stuff. Better to have it and not need it... You know the rest.
Old 11-22-2017, 5:30 PM

For sure. I started the thread because I was on Youtube and ended up watching a bunch of Minute Man Gear videos and found them interesting. To be honest I never really thought of my rig as "Minute Man" gear but I guess that's what it is. Sootch00's philosophy on this pretty much aligns with mine.

Gear, however, is only part of the equation as we all know and I think trigger time with your gear is far more important. I try to shoot at least three times a month with the exact setup you see above. Not just plinking but running actual drills with a shot timer.

I feel like I should post this as well. Food for thought I guess. It was written by Randy Barnett and I remember reading it shortly after 9/11. I printed it out back then and its been hanging on my corkboard ever since. Still very much reverberates today -- especially after the recent Texas church tragedy. Well worth a read...

Flight 93 Saved by the Militia: Arming an Army Against Terrorism

By Randy E. Barnett

The next time someone tells you that the militia referred to in the Second Amendment has been "superceded” by the National Guard, ask them who prevented United Airlines Flight 93 from crashing into the White House or Capitol. The National Guard? The regular Army? The D.C. Police Department? None of these had a presence on Flight 93. Terrorists and criminals are well aware that they cannot be everywhere — indeed, they count on it. But the people the Founders referred to as the "general militia" is everywhere. Cell-phone calls from the plane revealed that it was members of the general militia, not law enforcement, who successfully prevented Flight 93 from reaching its target.

The characterization of these heroes as members of the militia is not just the opinion of one law professor. It is clearly stated in Federal statutes: According to Section 311 of US Code Title 10, entitled, "Militia: composition and classes

“(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States.

"(b) The classes of the militia are —
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

This is not to score political points at a moment of great tragedy. Rather, we must acknowledge that it was militia members who stopped the terrorists' attack at the cost of their lives.

Here is the cold hard fact of the matter: Whether on an airplane, subway, cruise ship, or in school oftentimes only the "unorganized militia" will be available when domestic or foreign terrorists chose their next moment of murder.

Yet if the general militia is now "unorganized" and neutered — if it is not well-regulated — whose fault is it? Article I of the Constitution gives Congress full power "to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia." The Second Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights in large part because the Founders feared that Congress would neglect the militia (as it has) and, Congress could not be forced by any constitutional provision to preserve the militia. Therefore the only practical means to ensure its continuance was to protect the right of individual militia members to keep and bear their own private arms. Nonetheless, it is Congress’ responsibility to see to it that the general militia is "well-regulated."

A well-regulated militia does not require a draft or any compulsory training. Nor, as Alexander Hamilton recognized, need training be universal. "To attempt such a thing which would abridge the mass of labor and industry to so considerable extent, would be unwise," he wrote in Federalist 29, "and the experiment, if made, could not succeed, because it would not long be endured." But Congress has the constitutional power to create training programs in effective self-defense including training in small arms — marksmanship, tactics, and gun safety — for any American citizen who volunteers. Any guess how many millions would take weapons training at government expense or even for a modest fee?

All these new airline "security" proposals will merely inconvenience millions of citizens. A way around them will always be open to determined mass murderers. Any realistic response to what is likely to happen in the future must acknowledge that calling 911 will not prevent mass murder. Nor will training our youth to be helpless in the face of an attack, avoiding violence at all costs.

Rather than consider self-defense training, powerful groups will continue to advocate passivity and disarmament. They will shift our focus to restrictions on American liberties. In fact, House Minority Leader Dick Gephart says now is the time to consider adopting a national identity “smart” card.

Rather than make war on liberties of the American people Congress should be looking for ways to empower them to protect themselves. The Founders knew that the individual right to keep and bear arms was the principal means of preserving a militia that was "essential" for personal and collective self-defense against criminals foreign and domestic.

The events of September 11, 2001 have shown that the militia is far from obsolete in a world where war is waged by terrorist cells as well as states. It is long past time we heeded the words of the Founders and end the systematic effort to disarm Americans. Now is the time to consider what it would take in practical terms to well-regulate the now-unorganized militia, so no criminal will feel secure when confronting one or more militia members.

-Randy E. Barnett is a law professor at Boston University

Defend America!
Old 11-23-2017, 1:45 AM

Gear + Wrangler look tight. Got me thinking too about a setup like this. I was thinking a soft vest, something to stop handgun calibers, so I'm not weighed down by steel plates, as I don't see myself every coming into confrontation with threats carrying ar but most importantly my setup will be purely defensive. In n out.

I have an airsoft rig I've used for a while (A chest rig) and thinking about that setup off of the top of my head it has:
-Magazine capacity for 6 ar/ 2 pistol
-Small IFAK
-Multitool
-batteries, tape, flashlight, pens etc..
-Utility pockets for maps/other misc. stuff.

I think that coupled with soft body armor would make a pretty good "emergency" setup.

I'm still setting up my battle belt for three gun, and I have a tac backpack just like that with a bladder. So I guess i'm kinda there? lol. I'm gonna go through everything when I'm bored.
Old 11-24-2017, 2:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Simple hip holster for my P320, 3 mag pouches and my fix blade knife. I keep my small quick reaction bag for my main weapon, but not sure if I go MCX or AR15 SPR.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC3F8EED-84EB-46CD-BBCC-D9552CF15D45.jpg (13.0 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg 5A832107-FC49-4044-A388-1CC98FDE08ED.jpg (12.8 KB, 189 views)
Just beware of the thorns...
K. Meine
Old 11-24-2017, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinters14 View Post
I'm still setting up my battle belt for three gun, and I have a tac backpack just like that with a bladder. So I guess i'm kinda there? lol. I'm gonna go through everything when I'm bored.
That should work. Pics when you're done! I'll tell you it's a good feeling when you have all your kit squared away and you no longer have to mess with it; knowing its good to go at a moment's notice should you ever need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROKS View Post
I keep my small quick reaction bag for my main weapon, but not sure if I go MCX or AR15 SPR.
I'd say whatever you train with and/or more proficient with.
Old 11-25-2017, 9:27 PM

This is a cool idea for a thread but don't expect Californians to have ready to go un-neutered rifles to share in this forum, (with the exception of the older R.A.W.S or M1A's I guess). We don't share the same rights and freedoms as Nevada folks unfortunately.

That being said, gear threads like this are cool to see.

Last edited by shortround1; 11-25-2017 at 9:31 PM..
Old 12-02-2017, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortround1 View Post
This is a cool idea for a thread but don't expect Californians to have ready to go un-neutered rifles to share in this forum, (with the exception of the older R.A.W.S or M1A's I guess). We don't share the same rights and freedoms as Nevada folks unfortunately.
Ah, but we all know photos of un-neutered rifles were taken out of state where perfectly legal!

Running some drills with my gear from earlier this morning. Mostly the MNQ drill (Modified Navy Qual). This is a great drill to practice and recommend looking it up if you're not familiar with it. Requires three mags with only 5 rounds each so it can be done with your Cali 10-rounders.

Old 12-02-2017, 5:44 PM
Calguns Addict

If this is home front, interior (they are battering dowh the doors and coming in) it's a Mossberg 590 with light and sidesaddle. I have a vest with plates and a pistol holster on it. If I have to roll out of bed, literally, I can be on my feet and geared for a fight without needing pants or a belt. Gonna look hella ridiculous but I hear bad guys are easier to shoot when they are laughing hysterically.

If it's "got to go rescue the wife across town when riots have broken out" then a .300 blackout pistol replaces the mossberg. Rest of the rig stays the same, pants and belt added of course.

Literally "Red Dawn" probably still same rig, AR-10 platform because if I can't hit them from twice as far as they can hit me, it's time to fall back a bit and let the guys with their Uncle footing the bill handle the up-close and personal stuff.

If it's with our MAG group doing a strategic relocation then we will all have 5.56 AR's and 9mm pistols for commonality. I'm the only one with a turtle shell so guess who walks point.

If circumstances dictate a "grey man" approach there are a couple of good old wood & steel leverguns that dont raise the profile quite as much as black plastic. No vest of course, and a .40 IWB.

Have a small pouch for essentials like a lighter, swiss army knife, mini flaslight, duct tape and Sawyer water filter in case things go on longer than anticipated.

Last edited by bruss01; 12-02-2017 at 5:58 PM..
Old 12-04-2017, 11:34 AM

Seems like your picture thread is a few years and a few California Senate Bills too late, bud.
Old 12-04-2017, 5:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

When mob is outside my house demanding I give them my wife and my girlfriend, I will being out "Boris".
He's not ready at the moment, still working on a NV device/googles of some sort.
Old 12-04-2017, 5:53 PM
Calguns Addict

I like looking at stuff like this but I have spine problem just carrying three rifles to the range and my back started hurting pretty bad.

I like this gun though. I just got it and it is pretty fun.

Last edited by Q; 06-02-2018 at 5:02 PM..
Old 12-05-2017, 6:39 AM
Veteran Member

At some point I'll put everything is one place and take a photo, but until then, the list is as follows:

Condor MCR5 Chest rig - Hold up to 6 AR/AK mags and up to 6 pistol mags. I put 4 Glock mags in the front pouches and use the double pouch for a CAT Tourniquet. (There are actually two compartments under the arms that I've seen guys cram two more AR/AK mags in, but I find it way too uncomfortable)

It also has a nice document/admin pouch behind the mags that suitable for other storage but I don't want the thing being too heavy.

Pack: Surplus USMC MARPART Assault Pack. I like this one for a few reasons, but mainly because it was free! Got it for Volunteering at a veteran outreach event. Also has a lot of handy features like an internal hydration bladder compartment, chest and waist traps, and tons of MOLLE attachment points.

I wear a Hank's Extra Heavy Duty Gun Belt (which I don't think they make anymore). It's made of 18oz leather and will outlive me. I hang a Glock 23 on in a Home Built (by someone more talented than I) Kydex holster in FDE.

I've thought about getting Armor but it's always been cost prohibitive.

I'll add real-life photos to this thread if I get some free time this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorris7556 View Post
They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.

Last edited by omgwtfbbq; 12-05-2017 at 6:41 AM..
Old 12-14-2017, 5:36 PM

^^^Good stuff. Those small Marine Corps assault packs are great. Especially for free!

I have a friend from Cali visiting me tomorrow and he's bringing his Minuteman loadout with him. We're going to be doing a lot of runnin' & gunnin' all weekend so I'll try to take some more pics.

Just finished watching this one on Youtube. He kinda goes off on a rant near the end but I enjoyed it.

Old 12-17-2017, 4:51 PM
Veteran Member

Old 12-17-2017, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
M1 Garand for the minuteman rifle how awesome is that? That makes me happy to see for some reason.

Had a great time training today with an old friend from back home. Here's me running the Viking Tactics 1-5 drill. Not my fastest, it was around 20 or 30 degrees here this morning and I was freezing. I know....excuses excuses.

That's one my favorite drills. 1 shot to first target, 2 shots to second target, 3 shots to third target, then back to second target for 4 shots then back to first target for 5 shots. 15 rounds total. Penalties for going over the par time and for hitting outside of A-zone and C-zone.
Old 12-18-2017, 5:43 PM

...... work still in progress.

Old 12-19-2017, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post

You have a manikin just for your gear?
Old 12-19-2017, 3:26 PM
Veteran Member

And depending on how bad things are I will be riding this to get there.

www.appleseedinfo.org

"Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
Old 12-19-2017, 3:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyt16 View Post

At that distance you should be practicing with a bayonet...

www.appleseedinfo.org

"Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
Old 12-19-2017, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpral_Agarn View Post
You have a manikin just for your gear?
He stay's in the closet...... scares my wife every time she goes in there.
Old 12-19-2017, 4:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq View Post
(There are actually two compartments under the arms that I've seen guys cram two more AR/AK mags in, but I find it way too uncomfortable)
I've seen those Condors with two extra pistol mags in the velcro areas on either side. Deep enough for the 33 rounders.

The MOPC is a decent budget plate carrier, and there is an optional insert that velcros in to expand the rifle mag capacity +3 (M4 Mag Insert).

Not as cool as a Mayflower APC or similar, but not $220 either... more like $50.
Old 12-21-2017, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
At that distance you should be practicing with a bayonet...
Well, you'll have to take that up with Mr. Kyle Lamb...
Old 12-21-2017, 3:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Decoy

Just leave him by your front door. Scare off salesman !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post

John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg