Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 01-31-2012, 6:35 PM

Default Looking for a womens shooters club in Orange County, CA

I'm looking to join or create an Orange County Mother Shooters Club that's purpose would be to help other fellow mother shooter members get to the range more often. Members would rotate watching their child or children while they go to the range for an hour. Is anyone interested or heard of a club like this?
Old 01-31-2012, 6:43 PM

Never heard of don't have kids of my own, yet good luck on this, sounds interesting!
Old 01-31-2012, 6:48 PM

I'm not in OC and my "kid" is 27 but what a great idea. I rarely got to go shooting when she was young. Good luck!
The cure: Buy a Mosin M44 and shoot 100 rounds as fast as you can. When you can handle that, you are good to go.
7.62X54R Скалы
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic59320_9.gif
Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by laika View Post
I'm not in OC and my "kid" is 27 but what a great idea. I rarely got to go shooting when she was young. Good luck!
Me too, that is my kid is that age and the other is now 18. At the height of things, there were 6 of them, so going to the range and getting practice in was highly limited.

Nice idea, OP... I'm afraid the person you're babysitting for might not come back though because she'll want to stay at the range!

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old 02-08-2012, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyrlp10 View Post
Me too, that is my kid is that age and the other is now 18. At the height of things, there were 6 of them, so going to the range and getting practice in was highly limited.

Nice idea, OP... I'm afraid the person you're babysitting for might not come back though because she'll want to stay at the range!
Depending on how many kids a member has there is also the possibility of meeting at my local OC range and they have a large meeting room with tables chairs vending machine. So if the children are age appropriate we could meet at the range with our kid and then both parents could shoot and sit with the children. This would be the ideal situation for two only children who have no siblings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897
Old 02-08-2012, 6:26 PM

...this would also be a good alternative for two parents who both only had one child currently not school age yet. Then we could go to the range during the morning/early afternoon hours while their other child(ren) were at school.