Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 6:00 PM

Default rattlesnake rd rosamond

just a heads up, I was out there yesterday and it appears there are people sabotaging the entry road along the area posted as a "safety area". after getting 7 nails in tires i started walking the road and someone had thrown out a ****load of lathers nails with the washers on them in the road. these make great caltrops. they point straight up like punji sticks. there were way to many and spread out along to far of a stretch to be a spill or accident I picked up at least 200 nails. keep your eyes open out there unless you have a killer account at a tire shop.
Old 02-17-2014, 6:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Those nails have been there for nearly a year now.
Old 02-18-2014, 7:57 AM

Oh I see then you just left them laying there in the road rather than extend a little effort and pick them up? Must be since they were still there until I picked them up. Way to help out the cause g
Old 07-02-2014, 5:47 AM

Last I heard, that shooting area is private property and the owner shut it down due to the trash left behind and unsafe shooters. People would leave appliances, propane tanks, broken glass, plywood, etc. Some bullets landed on or around his mom's house way off in the distance. When that happened they decided to close access. People ignored the signs saying so, and the police were getting called out pretty much everyday multiple times. I assume that's why the nails. FYI, I used to work for Rosamond News and when they closed it we were getting calls from locals to find out why. My boss heard this from the brother of the property owner.