Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango-Alpha View Post
OP, I’m somewhere in the middle here. I don’t take the position that you should tell Dick’s SG’s to pound sand, nor do I think you should just necessarily make a special trip to the store with guns in hand. Before doing anything, I’d speak with the Manager to find out what specifically was wrong with the paperwork and verify it with your copy of the DROS. Once you’ve confirmed the issue, it may be a simple process to correct that doesn’t require putting your guns in jail. Good decisions require good information. Find out the details first then go from there.
Correcting the typos and putting his initials by the corrections. Maybe a copy of his 2nd proof of address, or copy of DL, or thumbprint, if they missed doing that. That's the most of it, if anything. As a favor to them if one should wish.

All else is go pound-sand territory.

Last edited by CALI-gula; 01-27-2018 at 12:20 PM..
Old 01-27-2018, 12:42 PM

Big 5 did they same thing a couple years back, had to redo the DROS but they never asked for the gun back.

In this life you either push or get shoved.

Better to die on your feet then live on your knees.

For evil to succeed, all it takes is for good men to do nothing.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:47 PM

This thread has become so phalic in nature.

Last edited by splithoof; 01-28-2018 at 7:15 AM..
Old 01-28-2018, 7:14 AM

What dicks!
Old 01-28-2018, 7:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by splithoof View Post
This thread has become so phalic in nature.
Given it's about Dicks in California, that's not unexpected.
The coast of California
Must be somewhere over here, over here
Greatful Dead
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Old 01-29-2018, 7:18 PM

Ask to speak to the manager of the Dick's, and ask him for generous compensation like a nice check for store credit or a new rifle to compensate for the gas, hassle, and time and major inconvenience it would be to retrieve your rifle from storage, and bring them in to do another 10 day DROS. If they don't want to compromise, or it's financially impossible for you to retrieve them from storage (I think a poster here said you had them out of state?), tell them to go ahead and 'report you to DOJ' (they won't). It's their *** on the line, not yours. The fact they are trying to intimidate you with threats is proof they are very worried. They are the ones with an FFL license to lose, that stand to face penalties for violations, and their management or staff are the ones who stand to lose their jobs. They can easily legally resolve the situation without having to take possession of the firearms for another 10 days, they are just being incompetent.
If you are not familiar with the below sites, I encourage you to check them out and use them for cash back and great deals on ammo from Cabela's and such. Check the deals forum here on calguns and you will see a lot of us using these now. If you are kind enough to sign up through my below referral links, we both get instant bonus rewards. Thanks!

http://activejunky.com/invite/186564
http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=32948177
Old 01-30-2018, 1:04 AM

A few years ago I bought a pistol and the ffl filed out one of the boxes as me being born in Michoacan. That is a area in Mexico. I was born in Michigan, USA. Months later I called it to their attention-they just shrugged. Who, if any body looks at the DROS?
I'd bet $$$ that the mistake was that the OP bought a gun for less than what they were supposed to sell it. The manager is now on the hook. It is done and over with! I'd let him,her stay there. "Spelling error??" Hey, "white out" More like a truth error on their part.
Old 01-30-2018, 9:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Frankly, I wouldn't respond further or answer their calls again. They've made the bed, they can lie in it... in more than one sense.
Old 01-31-2018, 3:42 AM

I would say Chu Q Farley. Handle it on your own.

Dicks is aptly named.
Old 01-31-2018, 7:45 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
A few years ago I bought a pistol and the ffl filed out one of the boxes as me being born in Michoacan. That is a area in Mexico. I was born in Michigan, USA. Months later I called it to their attention-they just shrugged. Who, if any body looks at the DROS?
I'd bet $$$ that the mistake was that the OP bought a gun for less than what they were supposed to sell it. The manager is now on the hook. It is done and over with! I'd let him,her stay there. "Spelling error??" Hey, "white out" More like a truth error on their part.
then why offer him $200 bucks to bring it back in?

Today I whispered in the Devil's ear, "I AM THE STORM."

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneeasy View Post
I got eager cuz I love me some 20"