Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 07-24-2016, 2:39 PM

Default Officer Safety Solutions

This company (Officer Safety Solutions) is temporarily selling plate carriers with two level iv multi hit plates for $450. If your agency is like mine, the one in the trunk is 20+ years old. The carriers also hold rifle and pistol mags and come with two "Police" patches for the front and back. I don't work for this company, I'm just spreading the good word since its open season on cops right now, and they seem to be trained and are using rifles. The whole rig weighs 7 pounds.

Be safe.

*Edit it is Officer Survival Solutions: Here's the link
https://www.facebook.com/officersurvivalsolutions/

Last edited by CinnamonBear723; 07-24-2016 at 6:13 PM..
Old 07-24-2016, 5:24 PM

Great information, thank you.
Old 07-24-2016, 5:48 PM

Officer survival solutions I think
Old 07-24-2016, 7:07 PM

I was about to order but the online ordering appears sketchy. The cart doesn't fully show and the info for the last buyer re populates. Anyone else deal with that?
Old 07-24-2016, 7:42 PM
Veteran Member

Interesting... anyone know how they compare to say London Bridge Trading or SKD PIG carriers? And the armor... I am assuming that if it is certified it would be comparable to anything else made of similar composition?
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.
Old 07-25-2016, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
I was about to order but the online ordering appears sketchy. The cart doesn't fully show and the info for the last buyer re populates. Anyone else deal with that?
I just called and ordered because I had a lot of questions. They are very pleasant to deal with. Either that or they are scamming the hell out me.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
They seem legit to me. I just ordered.

San Diego Union Tribune did a small story on them
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...s-halton-city/
Old 07-25-2016, 1:29 PM

Our department is in the process of overhauling our vests and carriers so if it ends up being legit I can see is ordering a whole bunch. Unfortunately, just like everything in this field, it took harsh tragedy for change to finally come about.
Old 07-25-2016, 2:41 PM
Veteran Member

Will order when I get home later. Stay safe, folks.

Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom
Old 07-26-2016, 10:51 AM

Level IV plates and a total weight of 7lbs for $450 is a killer deal. I run level iii plates and my plates alone run 3.5lbs each. I run a Shellback Tactical Banshee, that plus the plates was $450 without any other accessories.
Old 07-26-2016, 1:19 PM

Cool. I know I've been looking around for a smaller, quick med kit with a CAT tourniquet for my duty belt and a slightly larger med bag for my battle belt setup. Good stuff.

The plates/vest are not approved for regular duty wear. Our SWAT team, on the other hand, would be a different story.
Old 07-26-2016, 3:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtSki View Post
They seem legit to me. I just ordered.

San Diego Union Tribune did a small story on them
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...s-halton-city/
Nice. I just ordered their pocket gunshot kit. Looks like it'll fit perfectly and unnoticeably in the 5.11 cargo pocket.
Old 07-26-2016, 3:15 PM

I just called to verify and apparently it's 7lbs for each plate.
Old 07-26-2016, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtSki View Post
I just called to verify and apparently it's 7lbs for each plate.
I guess thats a little on the heavy side. I work a plain clothes detail so 14-15 pounds won't bother me too much. I can carry around 15 pounds if it means not getting dead with a rifle round.

I'm not a big fan of their little trauma pack, more specifically their tourniquet they put in it. I thinks its a very subpar tourniquet. Coming from an EMT background I carry 3 really good tourniquets with me at any given time. I have a plain looking backpack in my UC car but its anything but plain inside. Ive been slowly piecing together a good trauma kit for a multi casualty situation. I have 12 chest seals, 3 tourniquets, two trauma shears, 6 hemostatic gauze, and 3 pressure dressings.
Old 07-26-2016, 4:47 PM

14 pounds is not too bad, I'm still going through with my order.
Old 07-26-2016, 4:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonBear723 View Post
I'm not a big fan of their little trauma pack, more specifically their tourniquet they put in it. I thinks its a very subpar tourniquet. Coming from an EMT background I carry 3 really good tourniquets with me at any given time. I have a plain looking backpack in my UC car but its anything but plain inside. Ive been slowly piecing together a good trauma kit for a multi casualty situation. I have 12 chest seals, 3 tourniquets, two trauma shears, 6 hemostatic gauze, and 3 pressure dressings.
Thats just it. In the car. My usual unit has a full EMT kit with everything from oxygen to gowns. In the trunk. I liked that little kit because it can be slipped in the pocket. It certainly isn't a replacement for any halfway decent kit, it is better than nothing, sorta a "bird in the hand is better than a dozen in the trunk of the patrol car".
Old 07-26-2016, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoe3 View Post
Thats just it. In the car. My usual unit has a full EMT kit with everything from oxygen to gowns. In the trunk. I liked that little kit because it can be slipped in the pocket. It certainly isn't a replacement for any halfway decent kit, it is better than nothing, sorta a "bird in the hand is better than a dozen in the trunk of the patrol car".
I definitely agree that its better than nothing and super convenient to slip in a pocket. You are lucky to have such a comprehensive kit in your car. Our are no where near that good. In fact, i think they are crap and I'm trying to change that, but just like everything in govt, its a long slow process.

I'm taking advantage of our city's promise to get us new carriers in light of the recent tragedy by show casing these carriers. Hopefully they will sign off right away after seeing the price tag; assuming that its good quality. I would imagine they'll want us to take it to the range and blow the crap out of it.
Old 07-26-2016, 5:26 PM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by esy View Post
Cool. I know I've been looking around for a smaller, quick med kit with a CAT tourniquet for my duty belt and a slightly larger med bag for my battle belt setup. Good stuff.

The plates/vest are not approved for regular duty wear. Our SWAT team, on the other hand, would be a different story.
I keep a more expensive one of these on my EOC...not sure why this one is so cheap, I'd recommend researching and maybe buying a better one:

https://www.amazon.com/ADSX-Military...rds=tourniquet

in one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/NAR-C-A-T-Tou...rds=tourniquet

And one of these in my breast pocket behind my notepad:

https://www.amazon.com/SWAT-T-Tourni...rds=tourniquet

Both of those can be applied one handed, and both are small, lightweight, and very unobtrusive to the eye and out of the way.

And a 100g quick clot sponge in my external carrier behind the trauma plate.

I've been meaning to order another TQ or two and another quick clot and some occlusives to stuff in my quick access ohsiht bag.

I would like to get a carrier with rifle plates in it that I can throw on, but don't know how well it would work going over the top of my everyday external carrier. I'll have to play with it some and see. Irish, I'll need to check yours out.

Last edited by Spyder; 07-26-2016 at 5:28 PM..
Old 07-27-2016, 12:50 AM

^^^^ We don't get the luxury of external carriers which is why I'm looking for a small med kit with some quick clot, occlusive dressing, and a CAT tourniquet or two. Something quick and basic to be able to get me back to the car.

The bigger and larger med kit will go in the bag and can also be carried on a battle belt.
Old 07-27-2016, 4:27 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Esy, that cat TQ holster fits on the belt just as well, and the quick clot sponge spent several years in my regular soft armor trauma plate pocket before we got carriers.
Old 07-27-2016, 9:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

I would like to get a carrier with rifle plates in it that I can throw on, but don't know how well it would work going over the top of my everyday external carrier. I'll have to play with it some and see. Irish, I'll need to check yours out.
Absolutely. I really like it, and after wearing it continuously on that deployment really made me appreciate it more. Well built, completely adjustable, and does not interfere with movement or weapon.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Esy, that cat TQ holster fits on the belt just as well, and the quick clot sponge spent several years in my regular soft armor trauma plate pocket before we got carriers.
Yeah, I've seen a few of the CAT holsters. One of my partners just had a small belt kit that had quickclot in a holder with a CAT tourniquet wrapped around the top or something. Was about the size of a leatherman or so. I forgot to ask him where he got it.
Old 07-29-2016, 8:21 PM

Check out https://www.tacmedsolutions.com they offer a basic kit called the lapd kit. I bought it has lots of good stuff but they make it look extremely larger then it really is. I added a few more things to it.

Also check out https://www.narescue.com they have trauma tourniquets and awesome duty belt tourniquet holders. I have the rigid and it's a nice product.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:56 PM
Veteran Member

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought it was going to list some solutions for improved officer safety.

Like....BELTFED IS BETTER!

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 08-02-2016, 2:33 AM

Will post an update with the latest information. My department has learned of a company that will sell us (LEO) the latest (rifle resistant) plate carriers, with panels etc...for cost ($350). Several of my brothers have bought them after the Dallas BS. and they look awesome. Will get back with the website ASAP.
Old 08-02-2016, 1:24 PM

Looking forward to it
Old 08-09-2016, 6:04 AM

Anyone get their orders or shipping info yet?
Old 08-09-2016, 10:19 AM

Mine ships tomorrow. I called yesterday and asked about it. She said they didn't expect the amount of orders they were going to receive so they are playing catch up. They are about a week behind.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:26 PM

Starting to get annoyed and feel like i might have been giving the run around. Still hasn't shipped and i've called more than a few times. Anyone else having issues? I'm starting to feel like its more of a scam.
Old 08-31-2016, 9:21 AM

I got a tracking number for mine yesterday. I think they are a new business with good intentions and poor management. Over a month with no updates on pending orders is not good customer service. Hopefully they learn from it and improve. I'll try to post a review when mine comes in.
Old 08-31-2016, 9:42 AM

Thanks I appreciate it. I was suppose to demo mine to the LT since we are in the market for updated carriers and plates for the entire dept. My LT is less than impressed so far.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ordered July 25, Awaiting Shipment August 10, nothing yet...tried calling and emailing...nothing.
"Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
I instruct it if you shoot it.
Old 08-31-2016, 1:44 PM

I took ordered in the 25th. After multiple phone calls and it'll ship soon we might have lost the order, I was told it should ship first week of Sept. They supposedly ran out of plates and we're waiting on their supplier. The contact system out in place is pretty pathetic. I probably ended up calling 15 times over the span of two weeks and only got a live person twice. my email has still not been replied to.
Old 08-31-2016, 6:40 PM

I tried getting ahold of these guys multiple times by phone, few emails, etc. I am working on a staff study to buy 1,500 plate carrier setups for my dept. Never heard a word back. The company is worthless as far as I care.
Old 08-31-2016, 7:14 PM

They updated their site with extended lead times. I'm looking to place an order soon as well.
Old 09-14-2016, 7:56 AM

Called again last week and was told the same story, "should ship in a few days." If I don't get notification by this Friday I'm thinking I'm going to just chargeback. Not in a rush but I don't feel too comfortable with their lack of communication. Anyone else find a good spot for level 4 plates and carrier?
Old 09-14-2016, 8:42 AM

Yea I might jump ship too and get my money back. I'm quite disappointed
Old 09-14-2016, 9:50 AM

My shipment was only a partial shipment of my order. I received the trauma plate medical pack but plate carrier is still MIA. Not really in a huge rush to get my plate carrier as I have an older one which is still in decent shape to use in the mean time.

I was told my plate carrier should have shipped last week but it did not. I understand there are delays from suppliers but the false promise of delivery dates is bad business. I'll wait it out a little longer but likely won't spend anymore money there which sucks because they are local and I love supporting small local businesses.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:23 PM

Sent an email on Tuesday. Nothing back. Not even an acknowledgment.
Old 09-22-2016, 3:04 PM

Called and canceled mine today. Kinda sad to see the website has new models and tourniquets added to their packages like shipping has been great. The service rep stated she didn't have a record of my order from July 25th. We'll see how it all works out. Currently looking for another good deal on level 4 plates and a carrier.