Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 02-19-2013, 9:31 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Some female competitive shooter down Georgia doesn't get it

Man, she is getting roasted for her dumb comments at the Georgia rally. I kinda feel bad for her knowing that she's getting the Zumbo treatment at a young age.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/144...it.html&page=1
Old 02-19-2013, 9:44 AM
Veteran Member

She is a hottie though... Hope she comes out and re tracts her comments.. everyone makes a mistake.
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.
Old 02-19-2013, 9:53 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Keep in mind that she may have been lured into the question. Personally, I don't want people carrying guns around me who are morons or untrained, but I'm not going to say that they should be prohibited from doing it. Her phrasing makes me think that they hit her with an after-the-interview / oh-by-the-way question about the ARs and she didn't activate her brain/mouth filter before responding to the reporter.

Assuming I'm right, she needs a kick in the butt but shouldn't be crucified.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
I need a LIFE!!

she sounds like a competitor.... safety flags - actions open

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/sev...capitol/vqFWc/

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 02-19-2013, 2:50 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Keep in mind that she may have been lured into the question. Personally, I don't want people carrying guns around me who are morons or untrained, but I'm not going to say that they should be prohibited from doing it. Her phrasing makes me think that they hit her with an after-the-interview / oh-by-the-way question about the ARs and she didn't activate her brain/mouth filter before responding to the reporter.

Assuming I'm right, she needs a kick in the butt but shouldn't be crucified.
Having read some more about it, including her follow-up comments on FB, it sounds like she stands by what she said. She's going to learn a hard lesson, early in life, about presenting yourself as a professional shooter and all the responsibilities that come with it.
I ran into her at LaRue in 2011 with the Noveske team. She seemed like a nice person, but she is young. I said some dumb sh*t when I was 19 too. I don't want to see her tarred and feathered for this so hopefully, she can be counseled by those close to her so she can make amends and salvage her shooting career. There are some very sensitive issues that she's brought up, including some perceived elitism.
The 2nd doesn't exist solely so you can shoot 3-Gun and wear cool jerseys. She's learning that lesson now, I hope.
Old 02-19-2013, 3:14 PM
Banned

What she said was that a bunch of people there were carrying AR-15s with magazines inserted and that makes her nervous because the bolt should be locked back or a chamber flag inserted. I agree with her, if you are going to be demonstrating publicly, then show you know how to be safe. And yes, probably 99% of them have had no training because no training is required to own an AR-15. Her opinion is that it adds nothing to the cause. Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near a bunch of strangers with loaded guns.
Old 02-19-2013, 5:18 PM

She was talking about the open carrying of AR-15s some with magazines inserted and what she said was her opinion and personally I agree with what she said (see transcript below) but I'd go further and say that if I saw such a public gathering (like downtown Atlanta) I would stay far away. That's my opinion.

Quote:
This is too much. We don't need to have AR-15s around here with no chamber flags, magazines I'm sure some of them are loaded. It makes me uncomfortable personally because I know not everybody here probably is trained. It's just not necessary.
-- Tierani Hendrix

Last edited by ramzar; 02-19-2013 at 6:51 PM.. Reason: Photo snapshots from newsreel
Old 02-19-2013, 5:28 PM
Banned

Old 02-19-2013, 5:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLander51 View Post
What she said was that a bunch of people there were carrying AR-15s with magazines inserted and that makes her nervous because the bolt should be locked back or a chamber flag inserted. I agree with her, if you are going to be demonstrating publicly, then show you know how to be safe. And yes, probably 99% of them have had no training because no training is required to own an AR-15. Her opinion is that it adds nothing to the cause. Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near a bunch of strangers with loaded guns.
LOL
Old 02-19-2013, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Ya, we should stay at home if we want loaded weapons.

Romans 1:16 - 32

Old 02-19-2013, 6:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonderplatz View Post
Ya, we should stay at home if we want loaded weapons.
Yea, you included. How much training do you have with an AR-15? Or any weapon platform? Tell you what, show up in front of your local PD walking around with a AR-15 and a magazine in the gun, and let everyone know how it goes.

911 Dispatch "Whats the nature of your emergency?"

caller "there is a guy with an M16 in front of the Police station"

911 Dispatch "An M16? Are you sure? can you describe him? Whats your location?"

caller "Yes, an M16, I don't know, an M16, it's loaded. Hurry!"
Old 02-19-2013, 6:46 PM

Old 02-19-2013, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Yea, you included. How much training do you have with an AR-15? Or any weapon platform? Tell you what, show up in front of your local PD walking around with a AR-15 and a magazine in the gun, and let everyone know how it goes.

911 Dispatch "Whats the nature of your emergency?"

caller "there is a guy with an M16 in front of the Police station"

911 Dispatch "An M16? Are you sure? can you describe him? Whats your location?"

caller "Yes, an M16, I don't know, an M16, it's loaded. Hurry!"
Well let's see... I was a Marine, and I had enough training that the happiest day of my life was when I got to turn in my armory card.

But, my training isn't the point! Those folks protesting in VA managed to make it through the protest without killing themselves or anyone else. Even the Black Panthers were able to carry loaded weapons with shooting anyones eye out prior to 1967.

Romans 1:16 - 32

Last edited by vonderplatz; 02-19-2013 at 8:46 PM..
Old 02-19-2013, 9:21 PM

For a second I thought that was Tanya Harding with an AR15....
Old 02-19-2013, 9:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45R View Post
For a second I thought that was Tanya Harding with an AR15....
Lol same thing went through my mind.. If I have one.. Wait.. Yep I still have one..

"its hard to face the problem if the problem is your face"