Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 04-16-2018, 1:17 PM

I didn't like his reply, So I'm asking him a more direct question !

Old 04-16-2018, 2:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcision View Post
I didn't like his reply, So I'm asking him a more direct question !
Instead of asking about all the firearms, as you did in the tweet you need to be more specific...

it's very clear as to why the pistols were taken.. They were in possession of the suspects when they were arrested...

The "more direct" and clear question would be...

'"I understand why the pistols were taken and held as evidence. Can you tell me how and why the rifles and ammo were taken and held as evidence, as they appear to not have been in the suspects possession when they were arrested"...

If you ask the question clearly you may get a clear answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

Last edited by SVT-40; 04-16-2018 at 2:25 PM..
Old 04-16-2018, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
What are you going to do when all semi automatic rifles are classified as assault weapons and require registration?

A lot of us are registering now so we doing end up with featureless RAWs.
Featureless RAW > BB RAW

You can't even remove the BB. At least with featureless, you'll have a standard mag release.
Old 04-16-2018, 3:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPun762 View Post
Featureless RAW > BB RAW

You can't even remove the BB. At least with featureless, you'll have a standard mag release.
That's not what my comment is addressing.
Old 04-16-2018, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Instead of asking about all the firearms, as you did in the tweet you need to be more specific...

it's very clear as to why the pistols were taken.. They were in possession of the suspects when they were arrested...

The "more direct" and clear question would be...

'"I understand why the pistols were taken and held as evidence. Can you tell me how and why the rifles and ammo were taken and held as evidence, as they appear to not have been in the suspects possession when they were arrested"...

If you ask the question clearly you may get a clear answer...
You know for a fact that the pistols were taken because they were on the suspect when s/he was arrested? How do you know this?
Old 04-16-2018, 3:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You know for a fact that the pistols were taken because they were on the suspect when s/he was arrested? How do you know this?
This tweet
https://twitter.com/ChiefAndyMills/s...06187897380865
Old 04-16-2018, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Thank you for that!

I scrolled down on his twitter, But didn't go enough to see those 2 posts on his profile!

Wonder if they got charged and were unable to own weapons after that, Because I know for a fact they can't take your guns even after having a pending gun charge.
Old 04-16-2018, 3:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thank you for that!

I scrolled down on his twitter, But didn't go enough to see those 2 posts on his profile!
You should be more #tenacious
Old 04-16-2018, 5:09 PM

Mills appears to have a God-complex and is no friend of 2A. His Easter tweet:

https://twitter.com/ChiefAndyMills/s...09204782792704

Quote:
Easter and Passover are biblical accounts of hope. Hope of freedom from oppression, crime & hatred. Those in blue uniforms, you are their salvation from their immediate hell. Let the police be a symbol of peace in how we police & treat others for Blessed are the peace makers
He makes no mention of Jesus Christ and the legal issues for sin that were settled with Christ's death. Instead he equates police with salvation.

In another tweet, he posted a Santa Cruz Sentinel article and comments on it as "a step in the right direction":

https://twitter.com/ChiefAndyMills/s...97802988507136

In the article, the 4th paragraph reads:

Quote:
...California has some of the most stringent laws on firearms, we applaud our legislature for their foresight. California should continue to place reasonable restrictions and limits on future sales or transfers of assault rifles and other firearms that have high capacity magazines and fire high-velocity bullets.

Last edited by bootstrap; 04-16-2018 at 5:12 PM..
Old 04-16-2018, 7:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPun762 View Post
Check it out

https://twitter.com/ChiefAndyMills/s...57593917321216

Is it truly featureless? I can't really tell what the muzzle device is. I am curious as to the outcome of this.
That could be a flash suppressor on that otherwise featureless AK variant.
Old 04-17-2018, 7:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm not even clear what the purpose of this thread is.

The title, "Featureless AK confiscated by SCPD", would seem to imply that the AK was confiscated, possibly without cause, because it is featureless. It appears to be one firearm confiscated along with the other ones because of some criminal activity.

Its configuration as featureless does not seem to have any bearing here. Who cares if it is featureless or not? Some idiots were doing something illegal and they got their guns taken away. THAT is the story here, not "Featureless AK confiscated by SCPD".

Old 04-17-2018, 7:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
And people still want to register rifles.......lol.
LOL. I guess you don't think anyone should buy any firearm in CA. Since, ALL firearms being transferred in CA today will be "registered", what's the difference if someone re registers one as an AW?
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 04-17-2018, 8:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
LOL. I guess you don't think anyone should buy any firearm in CA. Since, ALL firearms being transferred in CA today will be "registered", what's the difference if someone re registers one as an AW?
The AW guidelines as far as future transfers, sales, transporting, lending and use are a lot different that just having a registered rifle. You may need to look up the difference between a registered rifle and a registered assault weapon. There is a huge difference, especially regarding sales, or passing these things down to your kin.
Old 04-18-2018, 9:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico1404 View Post
The AW guidelines as far as future transfers, sales, transporting, lending and use are a lot different that just having a registered rifle. You may need to look up the difference between a registered rifle and a registered assault weapon. There is a huge difference, especially regarding sales, or passing these things down to your kin.
I understand the differences but, both are forms or "registration" so, not registering a firearm as an AW doesn't mean that it isn't already "registered" in CA's AFS.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 04-18-2018, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
I understand the differences but, both are forms or "registration" so, not registering a firearm as an AW doesn't mean that it isn't already "registered" in CA's AFS.
Unless it's pre 2014 bought.
Old 04-18-2018, 9:58 PM
Hold my beer & watch this
CGN Contributor

Quote:
What are you going to do when all semi automatic rifles are classified as assault weapons and require registration?

A lot of us are registering now so we doing end up with featureless RAWs.
Move.
Old 04-19-2018, 6:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzer77 View Post
Move.
Why wait?
Old 04-19-2018, 7:06 AM
Veteran Member

Mills is no friend to the 2A. However, it was probably stolen and in the possession of a prohibited person; a felon.

Antelope Valley grown, now State of Jefferson transplant.
Old 04-19-2018, 9:06 AM

His response on Twitter was pretty funny.
Old 04-19-2018, 9:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Yes, I do know.

Because I can read.

Reading is your friend!!!

Quote:
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
Old 04-19-2018, 8:38 PM

Ahhh.... being that it's Santa Cruz (my home town) and that the report says they were firing into the air from their car... I tend to think it was a certain subset of society that thinks it's perfectly fine to fire stray bullets up into the sky in the middle of a city in America. SVT-40 nails it on the followup.
Old 04-20-2018, 6:13 AM

Quote:
Wonder if they got charged and were unable to own weapons after that, Because I know for a fact they can't take your guns even after having a pending gun charge.
You are wrong.

Any charge that could potentially make you a prohibited person, and allows the police to confiscate your firearms, allows them to keep them until adjudication of the case.

For example: You get in an "argument gone wrong" with your significant other. You get arrested (rightfully or wrongfully doesn't matter.) Cops take your guns. Cops keep your guns until you are convicted or case is rejected or dropped. DROS will also get delayed or rejected until CA DOJ gets an entry in their system regarding status of the case.
Old 04-20-2018, 9:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam6955 View Post
You are wrong.

Any charge that could potentially make you a prohibited person, and allows the police to confiscate your firearms, allows them to keep them until adjudication of the case.

For example: You get in an "argument gone wrong" with your significant other. You get arrested (rightfully or wrongfully doesn't matter.) Cops take your guns. Cops keep your guns until you are convicted or case is rejected or dropped. DROS will also get delayed or rejected until CA DOJ gets an entry in their system regarding status of the case.
Not necessarily true.

A spousal battery charge will usually lead to a firearms seizure after an arrest.

However there are many arrests which will not lead to any firearms seizure post arrest.

A simply battery for instance, which post conviction in CA. could be a prohibiting conviction will usually not lead to a pre-conviction seizure of firearms...

Same goes for some other types of assaults not involving firearms or where firearms may be closely available.

Property crimes or most simple drug offenses = No firearms seizure simply because of an arrest.

Quote:
Old 04-20-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
You are wrong.

Maybe it depends on the case then, Because I was in a situation that I'd rather not get into details about, However I posted bail and police came to my house to search for other weapons, The weapons found, they checked to make sure they weren't stolen or what not, and left without taking anything.
Old 04-20-2018, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Not necessarily true.

A spousal battery charge will usually lead to a firearms seizure after an arrest.

However there are many arrests which will not lead to any firearms seizure post arrest.

A simply battery for instance, which post conviction in CA. could be a prohibiting conviction will usually not lead to a pre-conviction seizure of firearms...

Same goes for some other types of assaults not involving firearms or where firearms may be closely available.

Property crimes or most simple drug offenses = No firearms seizure simply because of an arrest.
Yes, it is true. It happened to me. At the end of the day, unless you have a pile of cash to hire some heavy hitting attorneys, they are gonna arrest you, take your ****, and let you pay your way through the court system to get it back.

I am not talking abuot property crimes or simple drug offenses. I clearly stated offenses that upon conviction make you a prohibited person.

Quote:
Maybe it depends on the case then, Because I was in a situation that I'd rather not get into details about, However I posted bail and police came to my house to search for other weapons, The weapons found, they checked to make sure they weren't stolen or what not, and left without taking anything.
Were you accused of a crime that would upon conviction make you a prohibited person? In my instance everything happened before I was even taken to jail. I was coerced into opening my safe with threat of cutting the door off my safe, and obtaining a search warrant to trash my entire house.

It took me $10k and 11 months to post bail, hire an attorney, get the case rejected (it was bull****) and get my guns back.
Old 04-21-2018, 2:41 PM

Damn how would one shoot that ak
Old 04-21-2018, 3:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Yes, it is true. It happened to me. At the end of the day, unless you have a pile of cash to hire some heavy hitting attorneys, they are gonna arrest you, take your ****, and let you pay your way through the court system to get it back.

I am not talking abuot property crimes or simple drug offenses. I clearly stated offenses that upon conviction make you a prohibited person.

Were you accused of a crime that would upon conviction make you a prohibited person? In my instance everything happened before I was even taken to jail. I was coerced into opening my safe with threat of cutting the door off my safe, and obtaining a search warrant to trash my entire house.

It took me $10k and 11 months to post bail, hire an attorney, get the case rejected (it was bull****) and get my guns back.
Simple battery and assaults upon conviction make a person CA prohibited.
It's not common to seize firearms from these folks at the time they are arrested.

Your situation obvious was more complicated.

Was your arrest for a spousal or other domestic violence charge? If so that would explain the confiscation, because it's mandated in the domestic violence sections of the CA penal code.

The cops have no choice when it's a domestic violence or spousal battery charge.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2018, 7:15 PM

Quote:

That sounds like a headache! But yes, It was. The case was a pretty serious one, seeing that they added a 2nd charge just to keep me in, which paired with the original charge, made it far more serious than it really was. Still bailed out though and got to keep my shotgun, but I took 3 years to get my pistol back (Lucky they didn't destroy it).
Old 04-21-2018, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajet7 View Post
Damn how would one shoot that ak
The same way as the rifle above the AK.. with the hand around the stock.

Edit: Nvm, distance is a bit further lol

Last edited by eXcision; 04-21-2018 at 7:20 PM..
Old 04-21-2018, 7:40 PM

Quote:
The same way as the rifle above the AK.. with the hand around the stock.

Edit: Nvm, distance is a bit further lol
Yea lol that's why I asked, at first I thought it was one of those unicorn saiga sporters.
Old 04-21-2018, 9:52 PM

Quote:

Which LE agency coerced you into opening your safe and obtaining search warrant? CA DOJ or local Sheriff?
Old 04-21-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler1952 View Post
What the hell is Twitter? A place for stupid people to post BS.
Are you calling Trump stupid?
Old 04-22-2018, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter9696 View Post
Are you calling Trump stupid?
Did you type that with tears going down your cheeks?