Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > The CRPA Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The CRPA Forum News, Questions, and Discussion

View Poll Results: CRPA - To Support or Not to Support POLL
Support CRPA 108 92.31%
Do Not Support CRPA 1 0.85%
Unsure about CRPA 8 6.84%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2019, 5:27 PM
socal147 socal147 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,255
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default CRPA - To Support or Not Support POLL

CRPA - To Support or Not Support POLL
I was a member for a year but started reading some negative news about the organization. I am once again considering supporting CRPA but do not want to waste my money. So fellow gunners, what do you think?

Last edited by socal147; 10-11-2019 at 5:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2019, 5:34 PM
sheepdawg sheepdawg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 48
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

What’s the negative news? I’m unaware of anyone saying anything negative about CRPA. I’ve never read anyone say anything but praises about C.D. Michel.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2019, 5:36 PM
vino68's Avatar
vino68 vino68 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 660
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I joined the CRPA. It is the FPC that I question.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2019, 5:39 PM
socal147 socal147 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,255
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdawg View Post
Whatís the negative news? Iím unaware of anyone saying anything negative about CRPA. Iíve never read anyone say anything but praises about C.D. Michel.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1444054

Issues like this. And no response from CRPA.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2019, 6:23 PM
sheepdawg sheepdawg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 48
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

With the Legislature passing anti-gun laws left and right, including a bunch that Governor Newsom signed today, and lawsuits filed by CRPA being the only way to stop them, why is not supporting CRPA even a possibility in any personís mind? Just read this post. https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...32&postcount=2
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2019, 6:30 PM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 6,710
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

How can this even be a question on a California gun forum?

Calguns never ceases to amaze.
__________________
Anchors Aweigh

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-2019, 8:02 PM
socal147 socal147 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,255
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
How can this even be a question on a California gun forum?

Calguns never ceases to amaze.
What? I am not allowed to ask a question or post a poll because it does not met your standard of being acceptable?

Does every calgunner support every pro gun organization?
In spirit or monetarily?
Is every "pro gun" organization worthy of our support ?

I am just asking a simple question. Sorry for amazing you. Not really ...

Sheepdog, thanks for the link.

Last edited by socal147; 10-11-2019 at 8:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2019, 8:06 PM
Jeepergeo's Avatar
Jeepergeo Jeepergeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arcata
Posts: 2,039
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal147 View Post
CRPA - To Support or Not Support POLL
I was a member for a year but started reading some negative news about the organization. I am once again considering supporting CRPA but do not want to waste my money. So fellow gunners, what do you think?
Jeeze. Clearly you seem to have some beef with CRPA...so what is it? And facts only please.
__________________
Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association
Member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2019, 8:10 PM
socal147 socal147 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,255
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
Jeeze. Clearly you seem to have some beef with CRPA...so what is it? And facts only please.
I am totally neutral on the subject.
What makes you think otherwise? Because I started a poll asking a question?
Only facts please.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-11-2019, 8:11 PM
Jeepergeo's Avatar
Jeepergeo Jeepergeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arcata
Posts: 2,039
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
How can this even be a question on a California gun forum?

Calguns never ceases to amaze.
^^^Agree. Millennials, no doubt.
__________________
Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association
Member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-11-2019, 8:19 PM
Jeepergeo's Avatar
Jeepergeo Jeepergeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arcata
Posts: 2,039
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal147 View Post
I am totally neutral on the subject.
What makes you think otherwise? Because I started a poll asking a question?
Only facts please.
You started a poll but added in details of your being confused about things you previously claimed to have read but did not take the time and energy to seek facts or you sought them out and were not capable of comprehending them. So you call in a lifeline via the forum. Jeeze.
__________________
Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association
Member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-11-2019, 8:22 PM
socal147 socal147 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,255
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
^^^Agree. Millennials, no doubt.
Not a millennial. Just asking a question.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-11-2019, 8:29 PM
socal147 socal147 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,255
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
You started a poll but added in details of your being confused about things you previously claimed to have read but did not take the time and energy to seek facts or you sought them out and were not capable of comprehending them. So you call in a lifeline via the forum. Jeeze.
Yes, I am asking for input about CRPA. If that bothers you, you have choices in how you respond. Calling me incapable or a millennial serves no real purpose but if it makes you feel better about yourself, go for it. You can also report the thread if you want.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-11-2019, 8:34 PM
warbird's Avatar
warbird warbird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: almost into Nevada
Posts: 1,609
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

It does not take long for an idiot or troublemaker to expose themself. just look at Newsom. I rest my case.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-11-2019, 8:39 PM
socal147 socal147 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,255
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
It does not take long for an idiot or troublemaker to expose themself. just look at Newsom. I rest my case.
Nice
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-11-2019, 9:10 PM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 6,710
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

07F7C5F1-27F0-4DEF-8365-3E477F4E655C.jpg
__________________
Anchors Aweigh

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-11-2019, 10:51 PM
Kestryll's Avatar
Kestryll Kestryll is offline
Head Janitor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Occupied Reseda, PRK
Posts: 21,091
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Blog Entries: 3
Default

While this is an amazingly silly question I'll answer it.

YES, you very much should support the CRPA, especially if you enjoyed Freedom Week.

Why do I say that, because I know very well what is going on with the CRPA given that I sit on the Board of Directors and am Chairman of the Communications and Technology Committee.

The CRPA is committed to fighting for our 2A rights, ALL aspects of our 2A rights and that means having a full time lobbyist in Sacramento, bringing forth thought our litigation to stop or overturn bad laws (not just rushing to be 'first' with questionable lawsuits to enhance fund raising or making big noise on social media), engaging in outreach to bring new people in to the shooting sports, working with pro 2A LE to give a louder voice in Sacramento and work on better CCW procedures and more.

Yes, the CRPA had some issues several years ago, and in those years all of the personnel involved have been removed, the structure of both the Board and the Org has been revamped and the CRPA today is nothing like the CRPA of several years ago.

Back then I was removed from the Board because I and a few other stood against the policies and personnel that were dragging the CRPA down.
When I was asked to return to the Board after the housecleaning it took a lot to convince me it was worth it, I'm still on the Board because I am convinced that the changes have made a better, stronger and more committed CRPA.

So now it's my turn to ask questions.

Are you a CRPA member? If not what are you doing to further 2A rights?

Like Calguns the CRPA is not a singular individual or Board it is the sum of it's members and while the Board can and does do a lot it can not do it all. The members need to be involved, engaged and take action themselves.

Unless you're just looking to pay $35 for a membership expecting to just sit back and hope your yearly dues pay for someone else to fix everything for you and then complain when that doesn't work.

There are plenty of '2A orgs' who will take your money and promise you exactly that, it doesn't matter if they can not and do not fulfill that promise because they already have your money.


ETA: OP looking at your signature you are an NRA Life Member.
You are aware that the CRPA is the Official NRA State Affiliate for California correct?
Nearly all of the NRA efforts in California are run through the CRPA and our CRPA lobbyist works hand in hand in Sacramento with the NRA State lobbyist every day.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA Life Member / SAF Life Member
Calguns.net an incorported entity - President.
The Calguns Shooting Sports Assoc. - Vice President.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.

Last edited by Kestryll; 10-11-2019 at 10:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-11-2019, 10:56 PM
Kestryll's Avatar
Kestryll Kestryll is offline
Head Janitor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Occupied Reseda, PRK
Posts: 21,091
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal147 View Post
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1444054

Issues like this. And no response from CRPA.
Actually there have been numerous answers to that over the years, the problem is people didn't hear what they wanted to hear so they ignored the answers.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA Life Member / SAF Life Member
Calguns.net an incorported entity - President.
The Calguns Shooting Sports Assoc. - Vice President.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-11-2019, 11:01 PM
ShaneB ShaneB is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 311
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

A life member of the NRA asking if it’s a good idea to support the CRPA, too funny.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-12-2019, 1:04 AM
tenemae's Avatar
tenemae tenemae is offline
Code Monkey
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ҚФꙦꙦѤ ꙆꚈҊԂ ô
Posts: 1,154
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I donated another $50 this week. YES- absolutely support the CRPA. They're the last soldier standing on the 2A battlefield in CA.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-12-2019, 1:20 AM
sgt1372's Avatar
sgt1372 sgt1372 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,671
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

I'm a life member, so I have no choice but to continue to support the CPRA.

Same thing applies to the NRA and there's more reason to worry about that organization than the CPRA, based on their reported mismanagement and Russian involvement issues.
__________________
Retired LEO. Life Member - NRA & CRPA.

Last edited by sgt1372; 10-12-2019 at 8:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-12-2019, 7:01 AM
bdeditch's Avatar
bdeditch bdeditch is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Butte County
Posts: 133
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vino68 View Post
I joined the CRPA. It is the FPC that I question.
Exactly
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-12-2019, 7:06 AM
bdeditch's Avatar
bdeditch bdeditch is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Butte County
Posts: 133
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
While this is an amazingly silly question I'll answer it.

YES, you very much should support the CRPA, especially if you enjoyed Freedom Week.

Why do I say that, because I know very well what is going on with the CRPA given that I sit on the Board of Directors and am Chairman of the Communications and Technology Committee.

The CRPA is committed to fighting for our 2A rights, ALL aspects of our 2A rights and that means having a full time lobbyist in Sacramento, bringing forth thought our litigation to stop or overturn bad laws (not just rushing to be 'first' with questionable lawsuits to enhance fund raising or making big noise on social media), engaging in outreach to bring new people in to the shooting sports, working with pro 2A LE to give a louder voice in Sacramento and work on better CCW procedures and more.

Yes, the CRPA had some issues several years ago, and in those years all of the personnel involved have been removed, the structure of both the Board and the Org has been revamped and the CRPA today is nothing like the CRPA of several years ago.

Back then I was removed from the Board because I and a few other stood against the policies and personnel that were dragging the CRPA down.
When I was asked to return to the Board after the housecleaning it took a lot to convince me it was worth it, I'm still on the Board because I am convinced that the changes have made a better, stronger and more committed CRPA.

So now it's my turn to ask questions.

Are you a CRPA member? If not what are you doing to further 2A rights?

Like Calguns the CRPA is not a singular individual or Board it is the sum of it's members and while the Board can and does do a lot it can not do it all. The members need to be involved, engaged and take action themselves.

Unless you're just looking to pay $35 for a membership expecting to just sit back and hope your yearly dues pay for someone else to fix everything for you and then complain when that doesn't work.

There are plenty of '2A orgs' who will take your money and promise you exactly that, it doesn't matter if they can not and do not fulfill that promise because they already have your money.


ETA: OP looking at your signature you are an NRA Life Member.
You are aware that the CRPA is the Official NRA State Affiliate for California correct?
Nearly all of the NRA efforts in California are run through the CRPA and our CRPA lobbyist works hand in hand in Sacramento with the NRA State lobbyist every day.

I am a recruiter for the CRPA, you would be surprised how many people have no idea that the CRPA even exists. We need more members now.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-12-2019, 7:11 AM
socal147 socal147 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,255
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

To all,
I sincerely apologize for my own ignorance on the subject.

Patrick
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-12-2019, 7:19 AM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 6,710
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal147 View Post
To all,
I sincerely apologize for my own ignorance on the subject.

Patrick
Do you still need to keep this ďpollĒ open until July 7, 2022 to answer your simple, innocuous question?
__________________
Anchors Aweigh

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-12-2019, 8:52 AM
warbird's Avatar
warbird warbird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: almost into Nevada
Posts: 1,609
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

One learns by asking questions and that is how you can turn an enemy into an ally. Most times you can't but it is worth the try. And what harm does it hurt to leave it open for a while longer? Just ignore it or let the mods deal with it.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-13-2019, 12:13 PM
The Gleam's Avatar
The Gleam The Gleam is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,996
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

How one can be a California gun owner, see the results the CRPA have procured since Chuck Michel joined the fray, and not also be a CRPA member is beyond me.

Some 15 years ago or so, yes, there was some justifiable criticism buoyed about due to what appeared to be a lack of open-voting of the Board and those in charge resting on long-ago laurels. Not so any more.

The current CRPA is doing a fine job, and one of the last prongs we still have left on the trident, now that so many CA gun owners are becoming closeted dissidents of the 2nd Amendment calling for "common sense gun safety laws" or simply apathetic to their 2nd Amendment Rights, which only reinforces those that wish to abolish them.

The CRPA is out there in the REAL WORLD fighting against that, every, damned, day.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-14-2019, 12:21 AM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 6,301
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal147 View Post
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1444054

Issues like this. And no response from CRPA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Actually there have been numerous answers to that over the years, the problem is people didn't hear what they wanted to hear so they ignored the answers.
OP, take note of Kestryl's response. I am lifer in both NRA/CRPA, I don't always agree with everything they do. And as a lifer, feel entitled to question those decisions. Yet I also see that they do far more good for 2A than any other orgs.

Go to the link that you yourself provided. And read the entire thread. paying attention to the last post. Here is a relevant excerpt;

Quote:
If you, me, and every other 2A loving citizen who supports NRA/CRPA. Allow our support for the 2A to narrow to the point of only focusing on issues that personally affect us, our jobs, or the county/city that we work and live in. We are doing a grave disservice to the overall 2A cause we hold dear.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-14-2019, 5:03 AM
bruss01's Avatar
bruss01 bruss01 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,705
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

I have a limited budget for charitable contributions but I am signed up to auto-donate via paycheck deduction to 5 organizations each and every month. One of which is the Second Amendment Foundation and another of which is CRPA.

My paltry $10 every month doesn't make nor break either of these orgs, nor does it cause me the kind of pain that makes me wince and put my hand protectively over my wallet. But it ends up being $120 a year to each of them. Now imagine everybody on this board doing the same. It wouldn't break anyone's budget, nor cause any spousal arguments. And it would mean thousands of dollars of monthly support for an org most of us would say we enthusiastically support.... yet, many don't... WHY? I am sure there are many answers to that question... but nearly none of them are good excuses. The biggest one I am sure is simple apathy. With all that is going on we need them representing us before the legislature and especially IN COURT more than ever. These cases take time (years in most cases) and cost MONEY.

As Special K says, CRPA had some issues years back, basically they had become an Elmer Fudd support group who didn't seem to mind any gun law that didn't impact them owning a double-barrel duck hunting shotgun but those folks are gone and it's a brand new day at the CRPA. Today they are in the game and playing for keeps, representing the 2A rights of ALL Californians, not just the Fuddites.

If ANYONE is doing work worthy of a CA gun owner's support, THEY are.
__________________
The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-14-2019, 3:23 PM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 6,301
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Today they are in the game and playing for keeps, representing the 2A rights of ALL Californians, not just the Fuddites.

If ANYONE is doing work worthy of a CA gun owner's support, THEY are.



^^^AMEN BRO^^^
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-14-2019, 4:53 PM
vino68's Avatar
vino68 vino68 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 660
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeditch View Post
I am a recruiter for the CRPA, you would be surprised how many people have no idea that the CRPA even exists. We need more members now.
I do not see flyers or any advertisement at my LGS for the CRPA. With the exception of Turner's. I see flyers and info at some ranges.
What type of community events do you have a presence at or around the SoCal area?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-14-2019, 7:14 PM
bdeditch's Avatar
bdeditch bdeditch is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Butte County
Posts: 133
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Here is one event happening https://crpa.org/events/crpa/souther...apter-meeting/



Quote:
Originally Posted by vino68 View Post
I do not see flyers or any advertisement at my LGS for the CRPA. With the exception of Turner's. I see flyers and info at some ranges.
What type of community events do you have a presence at or around the SoCal area?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-14-2019, 7:26 PM
bdeditch's Avatar
bdeditch bdeditch is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Butte County
Posts: 133
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

We just started to get Turners up here, so they are giving us a push as well. It is mostly Gun Shows we are at, but yes I would like to see a bigger presence shown all over CA. The problem is finding volunteers to help do that. There is only me and one other member that do the gun shows in about 3 or 4 counties. It is not like there is one every weekend, but enough this time of the year. They have been talking about having an office up here, but when I don't know. They do come up here and go to as many LGS and ranges that they can.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vino68 View Post
I do not see flyers or any advertisement at my LGS for the CRPA. With the exception of Turner's. I see flyers and info at some ranges.
What type of community events do you have a presence at or around the SoCal area?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-15-2019, 8:35 AM
vino68's Avatar
vino68 vino68 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 660
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately 6pm in Huntington is way to early for the distance I would need to travel. I just double checked, sure enough, I did not receive an email about this chapter meeting. Is there a notification system or campaign setup for chapter meetings?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:38 AM
skishooter skishooter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 25
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I joined CRPA just after Freedom Week. After seeing what they do and enjoying the new magazine, I will renew for 5 years before my one year membership expires. I'm attending my first chapter meeting this weekend to see if I want to donate my time volunteering. I'm looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-15-2019, 11:10 AM
SoCal Gunner's Avatar
SoCal Gunner SoCal Gunner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,621
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

You can also sign up with Amazon "Smile" and choose the CRPA as your charity
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-19-2019, 8:18 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Diamond Springs CA
Posts: 4,041
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vino68 View Post
I joined the CRPA. It is the FPC that I question.
Seriously?? Support both. FPC has Miller vs Baccerra in San Diego that could overturn the AW ban. CRPA has numerous lawsuits that are important to our freedom.

Thordo
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-19-2019, 8:34 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Diamond Springs CA
Posts: 4,041
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Gunner View Post
You can also sign up with Amazon "Smile" and choose the CRPA as your charity
When Amazon dropped CGF from Smile I was pissed. I donated $10k and called for everyone to boycott. Haven't bought anything off their website since.

Thordo
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-23-2019, 6:16 AM
Wrangler John Wrangler John is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,784
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Yes, I had been a CRPA member for about 35 years, before the recent issues made me reconsider. I dropped out not renewing my membership. Then when Chuck Michel took over and the organization was restructured, I joined as a Senior Life Member, and have been donating in $100,00 chunks as often as possible. So far I am not disappointed.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-23-2019, 6:38 AM
Bert Gamble's Avatar
Bert Gamble Bert Gamble is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Midland, Texas
Posts: 2,954
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

I don't understand why the OP question was so stupid. If we as a gun community are to stop the erosion of our rights, we need more people on our side. If this means explaining things that seem obvious, is that so bad? The OP was called just about every kind of moron imaginable because he asked a question. I was happy to see that someone with vast experience and knowledge on the subject gave a reasoned and persuasive answer, even if he thought the question to be amazingly silly.

I hope none of you are made to feel inferior because you don't know something. Most of us are in that boat from time to time. That being said, there was no need for a poll. The OP could have simply asked for the answers he needed. This may have calmed the storm before it intensified.
__________________
WARNING: This post will most likely contain statements that are offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense, and or maturity.

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
_____________________________________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:55 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.