Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-20-2013, 9:53 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Jay,

I think you're misunderstanding my point and working from a lack of information, not all of which is public yet so that's certainly not your failing. I'm still interested in talking about this in more detail if you are.

-Brandon
Perhaps, and I look forward to working with you and anyone else on this issue.

I appreciate your continued involvement in this conversation, and the disclosure that CalGuns is working on a larger initiative.

However, I still think that it is an opportunity lost for CalGuns and related to not at least give us the tools for my own volunteers to give out memberships to the various organizations, give them brochures on what actions they can do etc.

Best,

J

Visit: www.facebook.com/DayOfResistanceVenturaCounty to volunteer to take California back!
Old 02-20-2013, 9:58 PM

Exclamation

Thanks Larry,

I look forward to seeing you there. I have one woman who says she got over 40 people to personally commit to attending from Ben Shapiro's event at the Spanish Hills event in Camarillo today as well as getting Shapiro to commit to posting our event on his website, hopefully he follows thru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryRay's View Post
I will be there! I have posted to my social media. I will bring whoever will come with me!

For me, this isn't about changing the politicians opinions or having a direct effect on some particular piece of legislation. This is about morale! I am tired of banging my head trying to figure out wheter its worth leaving this state for another... and ultimately recognizing for every state abandoned we allow the dominoes to continue to fall... until there is only one dominoe left.

Further, we cannot retreat ourselves to victory.

Finally, from my perspective, the only way to truly change things is to get rid of the infringing politicians that run our state, and the only way to do that is to sway public opinon to our cause. no one pays atention to the various legal battles but they do pay attention to numbers demonstrating in their home town.

Feel free to be negative if you choose, but for me this a positive thing.

Visit: www.facebook.com/DayOfResistanceVenturaCounty to volunteer to take California back!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:15 PM

Hopefully enough people will be there so that the TV stations don't "forget" to mention it.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 PM

Hope you guys have a huge turnout down there. Protests demonstrate how much people are really willing to do in an age of facebook and forums where there is a lot of discussion but not always a lot of action.

I get a great feeling when I see big protests like this. Because the number of people you peel away from keyboards and cel phone who are taking time away from their daily business demonstrates to everyone that there is also a large number in proportion to the number of people who show up to these things, who would be willing to not roll over if the unthinkable really did happen. Somewhere inside, these gun grabbers know that too; the politicians, media and the viewers regardless of how much they put on that they don't.

Getting Americans to leave their homes and assemble in large numbers over anything is an accomplishment and a big statement as we become continually more socially dependent on the convenience of digital communication.

There are other highly effective ways to help the cause too but it is simply untrue that a big old fashioned protest does not carry a lot of weight.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSteveGT View Post
Hope you guys have a huge turnout down there. Protests demonstrate how much people are really willing to do in an age of facebook and forums where there is a lot of discussion but not always a lot of action.

I get a great feeling when I see big protests like this. Because the number of people you peel away from keyboards and cel phone who are taking time away from their daily business demonstrates to everyone that there is also a large number in proportion to the number of people who show up to these things, who would be willing to not roll over if the unthinkable really did happen. Somewhere inside, these gun grabbers know that too; the politicians, media and the viewers regardless of how much they put on that they don't.

Getting Americans to leave their homes and assemble in large numbers over anything is an accomplishment and a big statement as we become continually more socially dependent on the convenience of digital communication.

There are other highly effective ways to help the cause too but it is simply untrue that a big old fashioned protest does not carry a lot of weight.
I agree, and building a base of people is essential not just for generating PR value, rallying the base, etc. Though those are hugely important, for every person who attends this event, there will be hundreds who see the videos online or read the blog posts. I started working on this event about 5 days ago-ish and since then we have had tens of thousands of views. It is impossible to know how many of those people who will show up.

What we do have is a few really great speakers, and if they can't rally a crowd then the crowd doesn't have a pulse.

Stuart Rhodes from Oath Keepers drew several thousand people to a recent speech in Albany.

Peter Foy coming out in support of the second amendment is HUGE, even if it is only in Ventura County.

We have other speaker's and guests not quite confirmed yet.

The county a little more than a week ago voted 4-1 to support a County Wide version of the AWB. Peter Foy, who is also the Chairman of the Supervisors (and was elected by 73% of his constituents) was the lone dissenting voice and spoke strongly against the board's decision. We need to make this the would-be-tyrants Yee and Feinstein's Waterloo.

We are starting to get support from various political groups, and politicians. If you know any public people or celebrities who you can convince to come great!

But we need help, we need more activists, more volunteers, more shares on our facebook site. We need letters to bloggers, posts on reddit, other forums. We need people at the event to collect names, get people to join CalGuns, GOA, NRA, California Rifle and Pistol, and others.

Commit to coming, bring your friends, wife, girlfriend, sister, kids. Make some signs.

Old 02-21-2013, 1:55 AM

Day of Resistance - Ventura County

Stewart Rhodes, founder of Oath Keepers, a non-partisan association that is focused on encouraging people who've taken an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution to remind them of their solemn commitment, will be our keynote speaker. Rhodes is one of the most visibile defenders of the 2nd Amendment today and we are excited to have him speak for us here in Ventura!

Stuart Rhodes, February 12, 2013, speaking in resistance to the recent legislation in Albany, NY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI3aPSVT3do

Old 02-21-2013, 1:56 AM

Day of Resistance - Ventura County

Wake up Ventura! By a 4-1 margin your county supervisors voted to support Feinstein's bill to ban most semi-automatic rifles and standard capacity magazines. Ventura County Supervisors Chairman Peter Foy was the lone dissenting vote in Ventura County in support of the continued exercise of your constitutionally guaranteed Second Amendment rights. Peter will be in attendance on the 23rd to show his continued support of the 2nd Amendment.

Old 02-21-2013, 5:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Jay,

I have some materials ready that I can send you and some will follow next week. You can pass along that we're launching a massive campaign next week and need everyone ready to move. If you'd like to chat about some details, I'll PM you my phone number.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearflag View Post
Perhaps, and I look forward to working with you and anyone else on this issue.

I appreciate your continued involvement in this conversation, and the disclosure that CalGuns is working on a larger initiative.

However, I still think that it is an opportunity lost for CalGuns and related to not at least give us the tools for my own volunteers to give out memberships to the various organizations, give them brochures on what actions they can do etc.

Best,

J

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-21-2013, 8:02 PM

Exclamation title addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Jay,

I have some materials ready that I can send you and some will follow next week. You can pass along that we're launching a massive campaign next week and need everyone ready to move. If you'd like to chat about some details, I'll PM you my phone number.

-Brandon
We are go, I'll start rallying the troops.

Thanks Brandon, lets make this for the books.

Last edited by bearflag; 02-21-2013 at 8:04 PM.. Reason: Thanks for the support!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
If any other CalGuns members plan to attend this event, please post it here and/or send me a PM. I intend to be there.

Also let me know if anyone plans to bring signs, flags, banners or anything else.
I am going!!!

I'm ALSO tentatively planning on going to IVE tomorrow night for the CSSA shoot if I can swing it... busy busy, I may just decide friday night is nap time.

Brandon Combs (wildhawker) from the Firearms Policy Coalition, Calguns Foundation, Second Amendment Foundation, ... (I swear he is in every organization) will be providing me with materials for our event.

If any CalGunners want to help with logistics we could probably use a few folding tables and a couple chairs.

Please DO bring your signs, remember Your Second Amendment Right IS A CIVIL RIGHT.

Volunteers can coordinate with me, though I am up past my eyeballs, if anyone wants to take some initiative and start self-organizing it would be HUGE.

Old 02-22-2013, 3:54 AM

Exclamation Civil Rights Attorney, Bobbie Ross to speak in Ventura

Civil Rights attorney Bobbie Ross will be joining us in Ventura on Saturday to speak about ongoing litigation as well as federal and California legislation that the Second Amendment community is up against.

Bobbie Ross at the 2012 Gun Rights Policy Conference in Orlando, Fl. She was the recipient of an award for her activism for the Second Amendment.

Old 02-22-2013, 8:06 AM

Default Rand Paul

For what it's worth I received a message from Rand Paul's Chief of Staff last night who is a close friend of my daughters and he told me to look for a video from Rand for this. That he had just recorded it.

I sent him message asking where we can look for it.
Old 02-22-2013, 9:09 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticstorm View Post
For what it's worth I received a message from Rand Paul's Chief of Staff last night who is a close friend of my daughters and he told me to look for a video from Rand for this. That he had just recorded it.

I sent him message asking where we can look for it.
Day of Resistance or our event in particular :P

Either way, pretty cool (:

Old 02-22-2013, 9:22 AM

Default Im in!

Ill make the drive from the SFV for this. Very excited for the events of next week, Brandon!
Madison Society Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Old 02-22-2013, 9:50 AM

HTML Code:
Don't know for sure. That is what I was trying to find out. I was just very pleased he was doing something. He's the Man!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:28 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAReact View Post
Ill make the drive from the SFV for this. Very excited for the events of next week, Brandon!
Awesome! See you there!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:28 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticstorm View Post
HTML Code:
Don't know for sure. That is what I was trying to find out. I was just very pleased he was doing something. He's the Man!
::

Old 02-22-2013, 11:34 AM

I'm bringing six people, with a handful more maybes. I've been working for an info sheet for my blog--is that something you guys could use? I could finish it up and bring a hundred or two copies.

Blog: armedlamb.com

Twitter: armedlamb

Facebook: Armedlamb

It's a little known fact that the phrase "Molon Labe" is in fact ancient Greek for "Suck it, Dianne Feinstein."
Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 AM

Also tweeted it out. Hope we'll get a little more support that way.

It's a little known fact that the phrase "Molon Labe" is in fact ancient Greek for "Suck it, Dianne Feinstein."
Old 02-22-2013, 1:55 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedlamb View Post
I'm bringing six people, with a handful more maybes. I've been working for an info sheet for my blog--is that something you guys could use? I could finish it up and bring a hundred or two copies.

Press Kit Ventura 2nd Amendment Event 2/23

Civil Rights March flier PRINT ME OUT AND DISTRIBUTE

Old 02-22-2013, 4:27 PM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=706753

Mods, maybe merge threads?
CRPA Life Member
Old 02-22-2013, 4:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAReact View Post
I skimmed all this real quick. I might be a last minute atendee. Im about a hour away. What's with the open carry girl? Do you have a suggestion for parking? How bout a extra sign you need flailing? Otherwise ill have to scrawl something on a poster board with a fat marker on the way out the door but at least ill be there.
Old 02-22-2013, 5:07 PM

Default Coming from LA -- Need Gas Share

I'm thinking of coming up form LA since I can't find any thing happening here.

But I need to share gas!!
Old 02-22-2013, 6:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

In addition to Ms. Ross speaking on the bills, lawsuits, and path forward, we printed 1,000 of each of the below. We're also giving away a ton of CGF Store gear.

FPC one-sheet

Petition forms

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-22-2013, 9:46 PM
Calguns Addict

I have a question: is the street going to be closed from City Hall to the park?
Old 02-22-2013, 9:57 PM

ill be there, time to get involved.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:47 PM

I knew there was a press kit and such, so I didn't want to duplicate any efforts, given how little time there was. The info sheets I put together are just about the kinds of myths that people who don't have guns often get stuck with. I have a couple hundred. We may not need them, but I plan to keep them in my car just in case anyway. Never know when someone needs to be enlightened.

This is the basis for that flier. It's more about the scary stuff people think is happening that isn't.

http://armedlamb.wordpress.com/common-myths-about-guns/

Bearflag and wildhawker, I really want to be involved and active. I'll make sure I PM both of you guys, but I hope I'll meet you in person tomorrow. I want to put my time into this, and I have some skills I hope can be useful. To either or both. I'm an aspiring activist.

--al

Last edited by armedlamb; 02-22-2013 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: Forgot link
Old 02-23-2013, 1:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Thanks for your kind words and support. I won't be able to be at the rally unfortunately but do look for CGF ops coordinator Howard Wilner and attorney Bobbie Ross who will be speaking for us. You can sign up to volunteer and get involved with FPC at www.helpgunrights.com.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedlamb View Post
I knew there was a press kit and such, so I didn't want to duplicate any efforts, given how little time there was. The info sheets I put together are just about the kinds of myths that people who don't have guns often get stuck with. I have a couple hundred. We may not need them, but I plan to keep them in my car just in case anyway. Never know when someone needs to be enlightened.

This is the basis for that flier. It's more about the scary stuff people think is happening that isn't.

http://armedlamb.wordpress.com/common-myths-about-guns/

Bearflag and wildhawker, I really want to be involved and active. I'll make sure I PM both of you guys, but I hope I'll meet you in person tomorrow. I want to put my time into this, and I have some skills I hope can be useful. To either or both. I'm an aspiring activist.

--al

Old 02-23-2013, 6:21 AM

Morning of event bump...
CRPA Life Member
Old 02-23-2013, 6:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Will be there!
Old 02-23-2013, 7:50 AM

See you there. Cant Wait!!
Old 02-23-2013, 8:33 AM

Didn't see this addressed -anyone know where to park close to city hall?
CRPA Life Member
Old 02-23-2013, 8:36 AM
Veteran Member

Any estimate so far on a head count?
Old 02-23-2013, 8:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

damn i wanna go
Old 02-23-2013, 9:33 AM
Veteran Member

+2 on the way. I'll go straight to the park. I have to drive from LA.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member

Just got here. Plenty of free parking. Also there is parking that is metered that takes credit cards. But there is plenty of fee so I don't think you will need to use those

Good turnout so far. More gathering. I'm sure someone will post pics unless one of you tell me how to do it with my phone.

There's a good crowd at the front of city hall and another gathering at the park. If you come to the park drive past a few hundred feet. Free city parking lot on the left.

Last edited by pitbull30; 02-23-2013 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Free big parking lot.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member

Get down here people.

Lets see if this image uploads to motivate you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.8 KB, 54 views)
Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

Calguns is doing raffles. Speakers will start at 1225.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.9 KB, 42 views)
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

Last pic. This was with my phone. There are people here with real cameras. Just trying to give some of you some motivation to come out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.0 KB, 52 views)
Old 02-23-2013, 2:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

A great Rally - great speakers - great weather.

Glad I was able to attend.

Let's get it done!