Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2014, 4:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
Ya it would make sense if it were a brand new gun that I had purchased from the shop, but it was a PPT. I had already given the money to the old owner. I sure hope the gun store wouldn't CLAIM the gun as theirs if I was ever denied even after having paid someone for a PPT. That seems like pretty blatant theft.
If you were to fail the DROS, the firearm goes back to the original seller. Until you pass the DROS, the firearm doesn't legally belong to you. Up to the seller and you at that point to figure out the money part.
Old 12-01-2014, 5:34 PM
CGN Contributor

Do they have 1911 to rent, anyone know?
Old 12-01-2014, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Ya it would make sense if it were a brand new gun that I had purchased from the shop, but it was a PPT. I had already given the money to the old owner. I sure hope the gun store wouldn't CLAIM the gun as theirs if I was ever denied even after having paid someone for a PPT. That seems like pretty blatant theft.
Yes, what xtcat9k said below. I was not aware that it was a PPT, but since it is, we would contact the seller and proceed with them to get them back their gun. It would also be up to you two to get YOUR money back, as the store has no part in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtcat9k View Post
If you were to fail the DROS, the firearm goes back to the original seller. Until you pass the DROS, the firearm doesn't legally belong to you. Up to the seller and you at that point to figure out the money part.
Thanks man! How is everything going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatryan View Post
Do they have 1911 to rent, anyone know?

I forgot to answer that part of your PM, yes, there is at least two Kimbers to rent that I know of, and possibly a Springfield 1911.

Greetings from Texas ya'll!

Jerry
Old 12-01-2014, 10:55 PM

I got a promotion in the mail the other day from them. First time on their range is on them. The other side had a coupon stating 5% off gun purchases and 10% off all other products in store. I don't plan to but a gun before the expiration date (12/31/14). So if anyone wants dibs, just PM me and it's yours for free.

As for Jerry,
Howdy partner!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyde12 View Post
I got a promotion in the mail the other day from them. First time on their range is on them. The other side had a coupon stating 5% off gun purchases and 10% off all other products in store. I don't plan to but a gun before the expiration date (12/31/14). So if anyone wants dibs, just PM me and it's yours for free.

As for Jerry,
Howdy partner!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Oh nice, I didnt even know they sent those out... hahahaha I'm not anywhere near their mailing lest. I just got back from Texas, send me a PM if you have any questions about the store folks!

Jerry
Old 12-03-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_GFOS View Post
Thanks man! How is everything going?

Greetings from Texas ya'll!

Jerry
Doing well. Went out to Panoche the other weekend and was hitting steel @890 yards with the Tikka T3 I bought from GFOS.

Thinking about picking up a lever action next. All I have is modern stuff. Need some retro.
Old 12-05-2014, 4:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhoppa View Post
Try calling Eddy's or Bay Area Gun Vault in Mountainview, where they will flat out tell you when you can or cannot do a PPT. One place will tell you no PPTs on weekends and the other (BAGV) will make you wait until every "paying customer" has been taken care of first. Even Uncle V's place will say no PPTs during the last hour of the day. Reeds is a hit or miss place too, BUT there a many good LGSs that will not give you sh*t about PPTs.

If the LGS makes me comply with the law every step of the way, 10 day wait, HSC card etc, then they better do the same by performing a PPT as required.

A freak without instruction, is headed for self destruction!!!

Buy 'em cheap, stack 'em deep!!

"Your government's the gangster, so cut the crap!!!" Chuck D.
Old 12-05-2014, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
Well I called these guys about a PPT on Saturday which I needed to do. I spoke to a manager named "Ian." I told him what I needed and that I had taken time off work to meet another party coming from south bay. This was a middle point for us. He informed me that, "We don't do any PPTs on weekends. We are too busy" I told him that was a direct violation of state law and that he could not regulate PPT hours. It was part of his requirements as a FFL to facilitate them during business hours. He told me that if I mailed him all of my info and the other party as well as all the info on the gun he would try to, "Make an appointment." I told him just make a time to be there and I will be there. He then got snappy. I thanked him and hung up. I feel like dropping a dime on him and calling Kamela. I likely will do so. I tried to give GFOS another chance after a bad experience in their Vacaville store and seeing how cool Jerry was on this site. Bad idea on my part. They will never get any money of mine and they are not far from me. My advice to fellow Calgunners is to go to a store that wants your business and does not try to cheap out. If I was buying a Kimber from him he would likely come in on a day off. But when they make ten dollars only, avoiding a lawful obligation seems ok to them. Likely indicative of how they treat other transactions. I like Tracy Rifle more and more every day. They are worth the trip.
The Vacaville store pulls this exact same BS with me. Its things like this why they won't get a penny from me. I can go into City Arms in Pleasant Hill for a PPT and be out in 15min if no ones there, if they are busy its taken no longer then 45min and I am out of there. And I can assure you City Arms is JUST as busy as these guys...

Sacramento Black Rifle.
Old 12-07-2014, 3:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltoMario View Post
The Vacaville store pulls this exact same BS with me. Its things like this why they won't get a penny from me. I can go into City Arms in Pleasant Hill for a PPT and be out in 15min if no ones there, if they are busy its taken no longer then 45min and I am out of there. And I can assure you City Arms is JUST as busy as these guys...
Same thing happened to me but the seller and I were already at the store and found out that they don't PPT on weekends. Luckily the person we spoke to at the time was the GM and he took care of us anyways after a little bit of word exchange.

I knew that they were obligated by law to perform PPTs for us regardless of the day of week, I just didn't bother telling them because in the end, who's going to enforce it anyways? I'm sure the state could care less.
Old 12-09-2014, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Doing well. Went out to Panoche the other weekend and was hitting steel @890 yards with the Tikka T3 I bought from GFOS.

Thinking about picking up a lever action next. All I have is modern stuff. Need some retro.
I have been thinking about getting a lever also, but not sure where to start. The hard thing for me is choosing the right caliber. I have .45 LC, .44 mag, and .357, but I dont want three rifles... yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
If the LGS makes me comply with the law every step of the way, 10 day wait, HSC card etc, then they better do the same by performing a PPT as required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltoMario View Post
So I spoke with Les about this again. He has checked, along with my compliance officer with the DOJ on this matter. The store is required to take a PPT at all business hours, yes, but if you do not have an appointment, with buyer/seller information present beforehand, and weapon information, then they can turn it away. I'm paraphrasing of course, and you guys are more than welcome to contact the DOJ on this, since I don't have the time to confirm it, but this is where they stand. Until they can get enough staff trained and upfront, it will stay that way from what I've been told.

Quote:
Same thing happened to me but the seller and I were already at the store and found out that they don't PPT on weekends. Luckily the person we spoke to at the time was the GM and he took care of us anyways after a little bit of word exchange.

I knew that they were obligated by law to perform PPTs for us regardless of the day of week, I just didn't bother telling them because in the end, who's going to enforce it anyways? I'm sure the state could care less.
There are exceptions to their "rules" and you are the prefect example. From what I was told, being polite and asking nicely will get you what you want more times than not compared to "other" approaches. Chuck and Les will do what they can, but it's not always that easy.

Jerry
Old 12-09-2014, 3:15 PM

I really don't get stores that fight the ppt. It costs them business.
Some shops understand a customer is a customer and others seem not to care.

The shops that welcome ppt get more sales , i can't tell you how many guns , accessories and ammo i have seen bought during a ppt , myself included.

Also, shops that fight the ppt dont get my business or referred.

My wife and i bought 12 handguns this year and 4 long guns.

We did not buy one gun from a local shop that treated us bad about a ppt last year, the other shops in the area that welcome them got all of our business this year , the thousands of $ worth.

City arms and Tracy rifle both welcome ppt so we refere and spend at those shops.
Old 12-09-2014, 5:58 PM
Banned

By refusing a PPT you are slapping 2 gun owners in the face with one hand.
Most people that are aware of PPT's generally have a decent amount of interest in firearms. Enough interest to spend money...

During the PPT are both parties not browsing your selection? Buying Ammo, accessories, guns etc?? Thanks for the Heads up BigPimping
Old 12-11-2014, 8:57 PM

When you do a PPT, the seller gets a white envelope with cash in it. I think that's the store's opportunity to encourage the seller to spend it there, instead of giving it back to Visa or Mastercard.

If I owned a shop, I'd take the seller on a tour of all our new arrivals before he left the store.
Old 12-12-2014, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Sprig View Post
I really don't get stores that fight the ppt. It costs them business.
Some shops understand a customer is a customer and others seem not to care.

The shops that welcome ppt get more sales , i can't tell you how many guns , accessories and ammo i have seen bought during a ppt , myself included.

Also, shops that fight the ppt dont get my business or referred.

My wife and i bought 12 handguns this year and 4 long guns.

We did not buy one gun from a local shop that treated us bad about a ppt last year, the other shops in the area that welcome them got all of our business this year , the thousands of $ worth.

City arms and Tracy rifle both welcome ppt so we refere and spend at those shops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThighSlapper View Post
By refusing a PPT you are slapping 2 gun owners in the face with one hand.
Most people that are aware of PPT's generally have a decent amount of interest in firearms. Enough interest to spend money...

During the PPT are both parties not browsing your selection? Buying Ammo, accessories, guns etc?? Thanks for the Heads up BigPimping
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma6 View Post
When you do a PPT, the seller gets a white envelope with cash in it. I think that's the store's opportunity to encourage the seller to spend it there, instead of giving it back to Visa or Mastercard.

If I owned a shop, I'd take the seller on a tour of all our new arrivals before he left the store.

I think you guys are missing the point. We aren't turning down PPTs because we don't want customers, that wouldn't make sense. They simply don't have the man power to handle the transactions because they are under-staffed. Also keep in mind that many times the PPT isn't a straightforward PPT, there are plenty of trades involved, which count as two transactions. Then there's the guy that comes in to do the PPT and needs an HSC card, or the guy that doesn't have his POR. We've all been there before, I'm speaking from experience . When I was there, I was able to handle many of the PPTs during the hours I was there because I was able to deal with the paperwork to enter the guns into their digital log books. Now there is only two people that can do it to make sure no mistakes are made, and one only works Mon-Fri. I don't know what else I can say so that some of you can understand what I'm trying to explain.. the old adage "good help is hard to find" truly applies here.

Jerry
Old 12-12-2014, 4:59 PM

On a lighter note, the store recently became a Nightforce dealer. Speak to Les regarding help on special ordering anything we don't have in stock. I can also check inventory for you guys as well.

Jerry
Old 12-13-2014, 10:03 AM

Been following this thread with interest, needless to say, I am impressed with Jerry's patience. Its a good thing for me too, as I am looking for a .357 magnum revolver or even a 44 magnum, I will check out this new store.

I am sick and tired of the high prices and indifferent attitude of the several sales people at Triple A.

Last edited by DArBad; 12-13-2014 at 10:07 AM..
Old 12-13-2014, 12:17 PM

Are there any other new shooting ranges around the Bay Area?
Old 12-13-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
On a lighter note, the store recently became a Nightforce dealer. Speak to Les regarding help on special ordering anything we don't have in stock. I can also check inventory for you guys as well.

Jerry
Saw that the other day. Too rich for my blood.
Old 12-13-2014, 2:01 PM

So you have man power to run dros if someone buys a gun there but dont have it for ppt, i got it now , thanks for clearing that up.
Old 12-13-2014, 2:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think you guys are missing the point. We aren't turning down PPTs because we don't want customers, that wouldn't make sense. They simply don't have the man power to handle the transactions because they are under-staffed. Also keep in mind that many times the PPT isn't a straightforward PPT, there are plenty of trades involved, which count as two transactions. Then there's the guy that comes in to do the PPT and needs an HSC card, or the guy that doesn't have his POR. We've all been there before, I'm speaking from experience . When I was there, I was able to handle many of the PPTs during the hours I was there because I was able to deal with the paperwork to enter the guns into their digital log books. Now there is only two people that can do it to make sure no mistakes are made, and one only works Mon-Fri. I don't know what else I can say so that some of you can understand what I'm trying to explain.. the old adage "good help is hard to find" truly applies here.

Jerry
No Sir, You are clearly missing the point we are all trying to make. It doesnt matter if its a ppt or a nightforce sale.. A customer is a customer. So you are saying you don't have the manpower to sell a $2k scope? The PPT should come first because it is the only sale you are legally obligated to make. Now when anyone googles your store this thread will pop up. They will learn where your priorities are. Good luck with sales, you have already turned off more than a few local East Bay residents to your store.

Last edited by ThighSlapper; 12-13-2014 at 3:11 PM..
Old 12-14-2014, 4:55 PM

Tried to PPT my AK at the Big 5 across the street but they didn't want to touch it as it had a Pistol Grip, came over to GFOS and they said no PPTs on the weekend or after 5PM on weekdays. It looks like nobody wants my business in Dublin.
Old 12-14-2014, 7:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohmand View Post
Tried to PPT my AK at the Big 5 across the street but they didn't want to touch it as it had a Pistol Grip, came over to GFOS and they said no PPTs on the weekend or after 5PM on weekdays. It looks like nobody wants my business in Dublin.
File a complaint with a DOJ, what he is doing is illegal.

http://oag.ca.gov/contact/general-co...complaint-form
Old 12-14-2014, 7:32 PM

Quote:

Can't they refuse business to anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2014, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman08 View Post
This place sucks. I live in vacaville and the people at the store are rude and very customer unfriendly.

Really?? I've always been treated good there.

Old 12-14-2014, 8:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockedAndLoaded View Post
Can't they refuse business to anyone?

From the DOJ webpage

Firearms dealers are required to process private party transfers upon request but may charge a fee not to exceed $10 per firearm for conducting the transfer. For example:

For a private party transfer involving one or more handguns, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00 for the first handgun and $31.00 for each additional handgun involved in the same transaction.
For private party transfers involving one or more long guns, or a private party transfer involving one handgun, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00. The dealer may charge an additional dealer-service fee of up to $10.00 for each additional firearm.

Last edited by ThighSlapper; 12-14-2014 at 8:13 PM..
Old 12-14-2014, 9:39 PM

Quote:
From the DOJ webpage

Firearms dealers are required to process private party transfers upon request but may charge a fee not to exceed $10 per firearm for conducting the transfer. For example:

For a private party transfer involving one or more handguns, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00 for the first handgun and $31.00 for each additional handgun involved in the same transaction.
For private party transfers involving one or more long guns, or a private party transfer involving one handgun, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00. The dealer may charge an additional dealer-service fee of up to $10.00 for each additional firearm.

Interesting. I always thought businesses had the right to refuse service to anyone.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohmand View Post
Ugh. Big 5 is weird like that.
Next time, just remove the pistol grip completely and the mgr should recognize it as a a featureless rifle. They've sold centerfire AK's without pistol grips in the past... IO Inc rifles, I believe.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Interesting. I always thought businesses had the right to refuse service to anyone.

I did a PPT on a Stag Ar-15 with a pistol grip at Big 5 in Pittsburg.

If FFL's denied PPT's all willie nillie like then people would revert to cash and carry transactions. The DOJ can't have that now can they? It clearly states "REQUIRED TO PROCESS UPON REQUEST"

Last edited by ThighSlapper; 12-14-2014 at 10:45 PM..
Old 12-15-2014, 5:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Not since the civil rights act. Then via other laws and licensing requirements; the times when they can have shrunk down to very few.

In this case; part of the licensing agreement for being a firearms dealer in California is to process these transfers. Required On Request. Period. Not if you feel like it. Not if you decide you like the customer. Et cetera.

real world example; try to throw someone out of your store and refuse service since they have not showered in week. Turns out they have Parkinsons disease and just can't take care of themselves properly (live alone, et cetera). Your city has a Human Rights law / division. They complain to them. You get $10k fine. Do not pass Go. So; since you never know..... If a person seems weird to you but you have no objective evidence they're a problem... there is always a chance they can argue its a prejudice on your part... if they are a member of a legally protected class... you lose... ergo you can't really refuse service to anyone. Since you can't always tell who is a member of a legally protected class; its pretty risky to deny service without a sound reason... to anyone.

Last edited by sl0re10; 12-15-2014 at 6:00 AM..
Old 12-15-2014, 6:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by essjay View Post
All numbers greater than 10 are inherently dangerous.
Some say 7

PS
and guns cause gun violence. How can they have a 'safe' gun range. Better close it.
Old 12-15-2014, 6:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

its not that they don't do weekends, its a misunderstanding, miscommunication, hard to say one way or the other.

I'll skip the place.
Old 12-15-2014, 8:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0re10 View Post
Not since the civil rights act. Then via other laws and licensing requirements; the times when they can have shrunk down to very few.

In this case; part of the licensing agreement for being a firearms dealer in California is to process these transfers. Required On Request. Period. Not if you feel like it. Not if you decide you like the customer. Et cetera.

real world example; try to throw someone out of your store and refuse service since they have not showered in week. Turns out they have Parkinsons disease and just can't take care of themselves properly (live alone, et cetera). Your city has a Human Rights law / division. They complain to them. You get $10k fine. Do not pass Go. So; since you never know..... If a person seems weird to you but you have no objective evidence they're a problem... there is always a chance they can argue its a prejudice on your part... if they are a member of a legally protected class... you lose... ergo you can't really refuse service to anyone. Since you can't always tell who is a member of a legally protected class; its pretty risky to deny service without a sound reason... to anyone.

You still see signs posted. "Reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"

Guess that's why I thought that.

Old 12-15-2014, 9:01 AM

The reason the Big 5 denied my PPT is that they have a chart they showed me which says they won't handle any PPT of a center fire rifle that has any evil features, regardless of bullet button as they don't deal with those kinds of weapons, I heard they also won't transfer handguns as they don't sell them, is this also illegal? I just called up Dicks the last FFL in Dublin aside from Big 5 and GFOS and the kid on the phone said they don't do any PPTs and I'd have to go to a "private gun shop". If my understanding is correct all three of the FFLs in Dublin are blatantly denying PPT transactions to their customers and thus breaking the penal code.

Last edited by smohmand; 12-15-2014 at 9:06 AM..
Old 12-16-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArBad View Post
Been following this thread with interest, needless to say, I am impressed with Jerry's patience. Its a good thing for me too, as I am looking for a .357 magnum revolver or even a 44 magnum, I will check out this new store.

I am sick and tired of the high prices and indifferent attitude of the several sales people at Triple A.
I think there sould be a few S&Ws and Rugers to choose from depending on what you are looking for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supsup View Post
Are there any other new shooting ranges around the Bay Area?
I know of at least one in Dublin!

Quote:
Saw that the other day. Too rich for my blood.
The price for the SHV line isn't bad, I recently got one of those for my new hunting rifle, and can easily compare it to the Leupold VX-6 line in terms of quality. It was a hard choice, I've been a diehard Leupold fan for years, but wanted to give NF a chance!

Quote:
So you have man power to run dros if someone buys a gun there but dont have it for ppt, i got it now , thanks for clearing that up.
No, we don't and that's the problem. If there isn't enough people to take care of certain things like log guns in and out, review paperwork, and sell certain items, then there isn't the manpower to process a PPT, but great use of sarcasm!

Quote:
No Sir, You are clearly missing the point we are all trying to make. It doesnt matter if its a ppt or a nightforce sale.. A customer is a customer. So you are saying you don't have the manpower to sell a $2k scope? The PPT should come first because it is the only sale you are legally obligated to make. Now when anyone googles your store this thread will pop up. They will learn where your priorities are. Good luck with sales, you have already turned off more than a few local East Bay residents to your store.
No, I'm not missing the point. Glad you brought up the Nightforce stuff. When I get back from Seattle in January, I have to do some informal training regarding optics. As of now, there is only one person there that knows enough about optics to sell something like a Nightforce or Leupold VX-6, Mark 4/6, or any other high-end optic there. I feel a bit responsible for this, since I was one of the main people to talk the owner into carrying the brand in the first place because I saw a demand for them. The one person that knows them to a certain degree is Les, the manager of the gun side of stuff. He is also one of two people that can process a PPT back end paperwork, like logging the gun into the digital version of a log book, and is one of two people that can review the paperwork for a sale or pick up. If I remember correctly, there is less than a 24 hour window or must be the same business day to enter the received guns into the system according to the ATF or DOJ, I cant remember now. A PPT is a very different transaction than a regular gun sale, because the gun isn't in our system. The only other person that can handle this is Dani, and she is only working Monday-Friday. This is why until we can find someone that will be able to use the system, PPTs are limited to weekdays... UNLESS YOU SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT ahead of time. Again, you are more than welcome to call the DOJ and they will tell you the same thing, according to Les and Dani. In fact, I think I've encouraged someone in this thread to call. I for one, think they need to just figure out a way to make the PPTs happen, since again, I agree with you guys, it's a loss of business, but there's only so much I can say or do.

Quote:

Quote:

I have personally turned two people down trying to buy a firearm. One was clearly drunk, and smelled like a bar rag, and the other smelled like pot and asked if his pot card was good enough to fulfill requirements for state proof of residence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0re10 View Post
its not that they don't do weekends, its a misunderstanding, miscommunication, hard to say one way or the other.

I'll skip the place.
You can take it however you'd like, I'm just the messenger and I do pass this information on to the management at the store. Please don't think that your comments go unheard, I get into arguments and shouting matches with this guys all the time. The bottom line is, there's too many hands in the cookie jar, problems with a store this size come by the pallet, so they all take time to sort through.

Jerry
Old 12-16-2014, 10:22 AM

Once my busy season is over, I plan to spend some time at the range there to hang out and possibly get to meet some of you guys face to face. I know that there were talks of trying out different guns that we don't offer in the range, so I would be more than happy to share what I have. Some of you that I met in person already expressed interest in a 9mm 1911, which I can't get out there as a rental, but have several of my own you can try out. The only down side is, since they don't allow shotguns, it will only be rifles and pistols. Bring your own ammo, of course!

Jerry
Old 12-16-2014, 8:38 PM
Banned

Keep fighting it brother. I'm not the one losing business.

You must use a California FFL
28050 specifies a dealer licensed according to Penal Code 26700.
FFLs are required to conduct PPTs. In a March 6, 2001 memo "Requirement for Firearms Dealers to Conduct Private Party Transfers / Allowable Fees" the California Department of Justice states
Firearms dealers are required to conduct private party transfers
pursuant to Penal Code section 12071(b)(5). Dealers may not limit the
days or hours in which private party transfers are conducted.
Old 12-17-2014, 9:23 AM

Quote:

FFLs are required to conduct PPTs. In a March 6, 2001 memo "Requirement for Firearms Dealers to Conduct Private Party Transfers / Allowable Fees" the California Department of Justice states
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!!!

Again, misunderstandings. If it is 100% paramount that you must do your PPT at this specific location, at a certain time, it can be done. All you need to do is call and speak with Les, let him know the circumstances, names of both parties, and the information on the firearm so that he can arrange for it.

It seems like some people are just in a hurry to grab their pitchforks and torches without a full understanding of the situation. This store does not take walk-in PPTs because we are shorthanded as it is. There is no possible way they can hire someone specifically to complete private party transactions, even for just the weekends, I tried that. So, until a solution can be found, I'll patiently wait here and

Jerry
Old 12-29-2014, 2:01 PM

I'm honestly not very impressed with this store. From what I have seen, their firearms are typically more expensive than other stores in the East Bay, and some of their employees aren't the most knowledgeable about firearms, or their competition. When asked if they were a Glock Blue Label dealer, they told me I could drive 4 hours to Bass Pro, although LC Action in San Jose and Adamson Police Products in Hayward are Blue Label dealers, and significantly closer.

However, their selection and display is by far the best I've seen in the area, so I'm sure that's why the prices are set at what they are.

With that being said, I love the range there. Very fair prices at the range, and Logan is the best!

Also, very excited about GSSF competitions being held here.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by Psykronik; 12-29-2014 at 2:08 PM.. Reason: forgot to add information about GSSF competitions
Old 12-29-2014, 2:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

True true true..........excellent point.

Old 12-29-2014, 2:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

I just took all my business (which is significant) elsewhere. Make an appointment..........seriously now. I have never seen a LGS that asks for that. Tell them how you feel with your wallet.