Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

Default Donation

To all you frustrated San Joaquin County gun owners.

One positive way to help this process along is to donate to the CGF CCW initiative. Only eight contributors including myself for San Joaquin County. However, I see many times that amount of disgusted gun owning citizens of this county frustrated by trying to exercise their constitutional rights. My self included.

For those that can afford it I suggest you donate as well.

Just my two cents. Well actually 100 dollars.

http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...27-san-joaquin
Old 04-22-2011, 2:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Well, I've already put my money where my mouth is. My frustration isn't with Brandon, and all of the others (i.e. CGF) working behind the scenes to make this reform a reality. My frustration is with the sheriff that talks out of both sides of his ___. On one cheek he claims to be a supporter of 2A rights by being a member of the NRA. The other cheek is busy stamping "DENIED" on nearly every application submitted. Anyone can send money to the NRA and be a dues paying member. That doesn't mean that you take those ideals to heart and honor what the 2A really stands for. I still have my application sitting on my desk at home, waiting for someone to say "It's time!!! Go apply!!" Until then, I'll sit and wait.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Have you taken The Pistolero Challenge?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:49 AM

I recieved my letter of denial today. I will wait for new info before reapplying.

Why?? Same Principle as a Condom;
"Better to have it and not need it ,
then need it and not have it".
Old 05-04-2011, 3:23 PM

cannot wait to apply
Old 05-04-2011, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCity67 View Post
To all you frustrated San Joaquin County gun owners.

One positive way to help this process along is to donate to the CGF CCW initiative. Only eight contributors including myself for San Joaquin County. However, I see many times that amount of disgusted gun owning citizens of this county frustrated by trying to exercise their constitutional rights. My self included.

For those that can afford it I suggest you donate as well.

Just my two cents. Well actually 100 dollars.

http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...27-san-joaquin
Good point. I have been meaning to donate for a while. Thanks for the reminder. Got it done.
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Ione, Jackson, Lodi, Manteca, Ripon, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah, Virginia & Washington

www.LFIguns.com - serving Sacramento, Reno, the Central Valley, Foot Hills and Bay Area
Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwtrainer View Post
Good point. I have been meaning to donate for a while. Thanks for the reminder. Got it done.
Many small drops of water to make an entire ocean. One donation at a time.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Thank you all for your continuing support and patience.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:17 PM

April 25th was my 90 day mark. Have not heard anything.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:50 PM

Just received a call from the Sheriff dept. My CCW was accepted but with lots of restrictions.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquen View Post
Just received a call from the Sheriff dept. My CCW was accepted but with lots of restrictions.
That kinda sucks. I was afraid that was going to happen to me. At this point I would rather have a denial than be bound by excessive restrictions.

Brandon,

For those that were given the golden ticket w/ restrictions, will ccw reform have any effect on lifting their restrictions or are they screwed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
And yes, this IS gun school.
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
There is life outside of Calguns
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 3:04 PM
CGN Contributor

I understand that in the City of Ripon, I can apply through my Chief of Police.. anyone here have any experience with that...Law abiding citizen here ready to give it a whirl.

S&W M&P .40 Shield / Ruger SR9 / Win Defender 1300
Old 05-06-2011, 7:33 PM

Calguns I would like your opinion. Do I spend 200 plus dollars to take my CCW class to have a restricted CCW license? Or do I just wait. How long do I have to take the class once the application is accepted?

I'm not really impressed with the results. With the restriction I feel like I would be much more exposed and hard to prove that I can "technically" carry to the officer. Resulting in arrest and loosing my primary job.

Could I have some help from Calguns. I have sent a couple of PM's and also posted here with out a reply.
Old 05-06-2011, 7:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Calguns I would like your opinion. Do I spend 200 plus dollars to take my CCW class to have a restricted CCW license? Or do I just wait. How long do I have to take the class once the application is accepted?

I'm not really impressed with the results. With the restriction I feel like I would be much more exposed and hard to prove that I can "technically" carry to the officer. Resulting in arrest and loosing my primary job.

Could I have some help from Calguns. I have sent a couple of PM's and also posted here with out a reply.
Paging Wildhawker. Wildhawker to the concierge desk.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 9:38 PM

What kind of restrictions are you dealing with?
Old 05-06-2011, 9:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerTroop View Post
Paging Wildhawker. Wildhawker to the concierge desk.
I think he's travelling today.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 05-07-2011, 4:36 PM
Veteran Member

I'm still waiting to hear what recourse I have, being that my response came back post marked well past the allowed 90 days... frustrating...

Check out my Tactical Machining 80% build

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, even on Calguns.
NRA Life Member
USPSA Member
IDPA Member
Old 05-08-2011, 2:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjosebmx View Post
I understand that in the City of Ripon, I can apply through my Chief of Police.. anyone here have any experience with that...Law abiding citizen here ready to give it a whirl.
You may apply in the City of Ripon and data suggests the Chief does take a process applications. If you do, please let us know the outcome.

Quote:

I would suggest waiting until you receive a letter of determination before taking the class. The Sheriff is entitled under statute to impose certain "reasonable" time, place, and manner restrictions at his discretion. We are evaluating certain elements of this but cannot comment further at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
I think he's travelling today.

-Gene
Indeed; I've been on the road quite a lot lately and have had less time to post here unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancear15 View Post
I'm still waiting to hear what recourse I have, being that my response came back post marked well past the allowed 90 days... frustrating...
The Sheriff continues to develop a significant record that clearly indicates his contempt for statutory deadlines and fundamental rights. As they say, karma and all that...

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
I would suggest waiting until you receive a letter of determination before taking the class. The Sheriff is entitled under statute to impose certain "reasonable" time, place, and manner restrictions at his discretion. We are evaluating certain elements of this but cannot comment further at this time.
Okay, I have volunteered with the effort in the past, but a new job and family move to the new house in Tracy (from Santa Clara) took me out for a while. I am offering up to volunteer again and adding donation to CGF but I have a couple of questions which can either be answered here or offline:

If you apply and get significant restrictions, is there recourse or are you worse off than if you'd waited for improvement in policies and procedures before applying? Reverse-Halo effect: once denied or restricted on record, future issuing authorities will be prejudiced by that though they have no knowledge of the actual event or reasoning—it's human nature to be suspicious of strangers.

If you are denied—are you stymied without recourse and should have waited? (See Reverse-Halo Effect above).

Buy on Amazon? Use smile.amazon.com to contribute to the CRPA. $43,691 has been donated as of May 2019

Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 05-09-2011 at 10:26 AM..
Old 05-10-2011, 1:32 AM

Quote:
If you were in Sac County, I'd say take your training course whenever you want. Being that you're in San Joaquin County, I would highly recommend that you wait until you're approved (and willing to accept the permit and whatever restrictions come with it) before spending the money on the 16 hour initial CCW course.

The other couple of people who have been approved in San Joaquin County recently, took their courses a week or so after receiving their approval phone calls from the Sheriff's Department. I don't know how long you have to get the course completed after receiving your approval but, I'll try to find out.
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Ione, Jackson, Lodi, Manteca, Ripon, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah, Virginia & Washington

www.LFIguns.com - serving Sacramento, Reno, the Central Valley, Foot Hills and Bay Area
Old 05-10-2011, 11:51 AM

Not that it matters yet, but does anyone know if PC832 an approved alternative to the 16hr CCW Training Course in SJ county?
Old 05-11-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead9 View Post
Not that it matters yet, but does anyone know if PC832 an approved alternative to the 16hr CCW Training Course in SJ county?
San Joaquin County will accept this but, many other counties will not. You have to have completed the entire 832 course including the powers of arrest portion as well as the firearms portion.

Old 05-12-2011, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwtrainer View Post
San Joaquin County will accept this but, many other counties will not. You have to have completed the entire 832 course including the powers of arrest portion as well as the firearms portion.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was hoping for. I took both modules of PC832 a little over a year ago (Arson Investigation), now all I need is a CCW Permit...
Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

so i live in san joaquin county and i want to get my ccw is only personal protection good enough for my good cause statement?
Old 05-12-2011, 11:02 AM

^Short answer: most likely not at this time^

Read the thread for the full story.
Old 05-13-2011, 1:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Some additional instruction for SJ County residents coming soon...

Old 05-13-2011, 1:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks Brandon. Hopefully we are close to being able to apply, with some level of confidence of actually getting an unrestricted permit without any dancing through rings of fire, etc.?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Have you taken The Pistolero Challenge?
Old 05-13-2011, 1:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Not to jump the gun, but will those of us that have already been denied just have to reapply?

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-13-2011, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Brandon, since I was accepted but with restrictions what should I do? I have not taken or signed up for my ccw class as of yet because I'm not sure if I want to do all this just so I can carry to and from work.

Do I have a chance at all of getting my application "re-evaluated" once you guys are done with your reform? If I just wait on taking my ccw class what will happen? Do I have to pay all the fees again to submit a new application? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 05-13-2011, 8:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Brandon, since I was accepted but with restrictions what should I do? I have not taken or signed up for my ccw class as of yet because I'm not sure if I want to do all this just so I can carry to and from work.

Do I have a chance at all of getting my application "re-evaluated" once you guys are done with your reform? If I just wait on taking my ccw class what will happen? Do I have to pay all the fees again to submit a new application? Any help would be much appreciated.
If the finances are not an issue, then I'd suggest going ahead with the process. Having one is a significant improvement over not...

Old 05-15-2011, 9:54 PM

When i read that SJSO is issuing permits "with restrictions", it makes me wonder what these restrictions may be. Can anyone say what these restrictions are or might be? If the restrictions include anything like not being able to carry within 1000 ft of a school, I'll violate that restriction just by walking out my front door.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. --Lazarus Long

Last edited by Beauhooligan; 05-15-2011 at 9:56 PM..
Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Mainly business purpose restrictions, e.g. "to and from the business banking institution".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauhooligan View Post
When i read that SJSO is issuing permits "with restrictions", it makes me wonder what these restrictions may be. Can anyone say what these restrictions are or might be? If the restrictions include anything like not being able to carry within 1000 ft of a school, I'll violate that restriction just by walking out my front door.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:13 AM

Ill sit on my heels waiting for any more news and or direction.... Since mine was denied I suppose I have the time.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:15 PM

Just printed mine out, should I go ahead and give it a shot or wait ?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Just printed mine out, should I go ahead and give it a shot or wait ?
If you have heightened good cause (e.g. business), then you can apply and expect a restricted CCW.

Old 05-17-2011, 7:15 AM

Brandon,
I had part of my GC as business related and, not even a restricted license, so that doesn't even make any sense.
so what now ??? Any ideas ? sitting here waiting .......
Old 05-17-2011, 7:30 AM
Veteran Member

A "business related" GC isn't a guarantee, it just means you run the risk of approval w/ restrictions. So far it seems the only approvals have been for business related GC, yet all have restrictions.

I say we just flood the SO with applications. Get denied? Apply again. F this guy. Tie up every waking minute with interviews. Im so sick of his attitude. As we speak, businesses in stockton are closing their doors due to police not responding to calls for help. Moore (and stockton pd) can't protect his citizens. FAIL. He won't allow them to protect themselves. FAIL. This guy is an all around failure.

Sheriff Moore, you are a tyrant.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-17-2011, 12:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

DOS approach won't hurt the Sheriff but will hurt some ongoing work. However, there is some more info coming soon. SJ residents, prepare to focus your frustrations...
Old 05-17-2011, 1:29 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
DOS approach won't hurt the Sheriff but will hurt some ongoing work. However, there is some more info coming soon. SJ residents, prepare to focus your frustrations...
I can't wait

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old 05-17-2011, 9:52 PM

I'm in.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 PM

Ready in Stockton.