Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-27-2013, 6:09 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan2 View Post
First two links are broken.....get a 404 Error (see attachment)
Brandon could say otherwise, but I do not think it would be advantageous at this point to use those documents.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old 09-03-2013, 6:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Well, I thought I'd wait until after Labor Day weekend to get back with an update.

The Stockton area has 131 street gangs and some of these gangs have committed hard core violent crimes and murder just for initiation.

I have put in for my CCW as explained in my previous post....... but still no word.
Old 09-03-2013, 6:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Well, I thought I'd wait until after Labor Day weekend to get back with an update.

The Stockton area has 131 street gangs and some of these gangs have committed hard core violent crimes and murder just for initiation.

I have put in for my CCW as explained in my previous post....... but still no word.
Old 09-04-2013, 9:52 PM
In Memoriam

I'm going to submit my app on the 24th. Have to try.

WTS: 870 Barrel Clamp/Railed Mount

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...af415fafe8.jpg
Old 09-09-2013, 8:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Another week has passed.... Still no word.
Old 09-14-2013, 6:44 AM

Well good luck and don't be in a hurry. I applied in Jan and had my interview in March. I have just cause to get CCW and still waiting.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

At this point, after hearing your waiting time, I can only believe that this is an all out stall tactic by our current Sheriff Steve Moore. These delays go beyond a reasonable working timeframe to either approve or deny these permits.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigidarm View Post
At this point, after hearing your waiting time, I can only believe that this is an all out stall tactic by our current Sheriff Steve Moore. These delays go beyond a reasonable working timeframe to either approve or deny these permits.
I would be shocked and surprised if little man Moore approves you. We need to vote in someone else. That is the only hope that this county has. I don't mean to discourage you, I really hope you get approved. This guy is a politician and has forgotten about the safety of the people and our rights.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:15 AM

Default What Should I do? My CCW has resrtictions

So, only after a year of waiting and taking the required training course I finally got to pick up my CCW issued in San Joaquin. Which, in itself is no easy task. However, after picking it up and spending the additional fees I realized upon leaving the sheriff's department that my new CCW had restrictions listed on the back. I do not see how this is fair at all. I am only allowed to carry when taking deposits to and from the business and the banking institution. What should I do from here? Always keep a bank deposit on hand?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Probably see if you can "upgrade" to fewer restrictions after having it for a few months. On the other hand there might be "a new Sheriff in town" next year and with good cause your limited use may be removed. Either way you have moved the CCW forward in our county. Congratulations on that. 2A
Old 10-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybikeslodi View Post
So, only after a year of waiting and taking the required training course I finally got to pick up my CCW issued in San Joaquin. Which, in itself is no easy task. However, after picking it up and spending the additional fees I realized upon leaving the sheriff's department that my new CCW had restrictions listed on the back. I do not see how this is fair at all. I am only allowed to carry when taking deposits to and from the business and the banking institution. What should I do from here? Always keep a bank deposit on hand?
Nope, I wouldn't recommend it. Kind of hard to explain that you were taking deposits to and from the bank while on vacation in another part of the state.

Dems da' breaks when dealing with Little Napoleon. Vote Withrow 2014.
Old 10-17-2013, 8:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Another month has gone by....... still no word.
Old 11-18-2013, 9:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yet another month has passed and no letter, no call, nothing. If I served my customers like that I'd be put out of business.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:08 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You are assuming, of course, that the county/Sheriff wants your business. Clearly, this Sheriff couldn't care less about those of us wishing to protect our own. He only cares about maintaining his position and political backing. I'll be glad when I can be one of those voting for a change in leadership, and for Pat Withrow.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Have you taken The Pistolero Challenge?
Old 11-19-2013, 3:51 PM

any idea on when we know if we got a new sheriff or not?
Old 11-19-2013, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdib870 View Post
Election is in 2014. I encourage all SJ residents to ask all Sheriff candidates to sign the Madison Society pledge for Sheriffs that the Stanislaus Sheriff has signed.
Old 11-20-2013, 8:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdib870 View Post
I am not sure how to approach that question without being crass. It seems to me if your really that interested in your 2nd ammendment rights you would know the answer to that question. Especially if you have read through this thread and living in Stockton.

However, benefit of the doubt:

Pat Withrow 2014

http://www.withrowforsheriff.com/

Last edited by FatCity67; 11-20-2013 at 9:06 AM..
Old 11-25-2013, 8:04 AM

Quote:
Yet another month has passed and no letter, no call, nothing. If I served my customers like that I'd be put out of business.
Tell him you have a fat campaign donation and he will get to you asap

Last edited by biglou; 11-25-2013 at 8:06 AM..
Old 11-26-2013, 6:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Nothing is going to happen with Sheriff Moore in place. Support Withrow for Sheriff and be sure all your friends and family in SJ vote for him.
"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:02 PM

Default I guess I am lucky.

I am lucky enough to live in Ripon city limits and went through their department. The police chief is very pro gun and I had no problems with getting mine within two weeks of dropping the paperwork off.I am in full agreement with those voting out Steve Moore who has been just wasting time and money living the politician life. I wish you all the best of luck with this communistic sheriff's department in SJ county. On that note, I wish you all out there a great Thanksgiving, and don't stop fighting the fight.
Old 12-08-2013, 4:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Update: ANOTHER month has passed and still no word, letter, or call. At this point it looks like I've wasted about 125. bucks for the LiveScan and a lot of time.

Seems to me that if the Sheriff is not going to respond in a timely way then PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE APPLICATION MONEY.
Old 12-30-2013, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Update: ANOTHER month has passed and still no word, letter, or call. At this point it looks like I've wasted about 125. bucks for the LiveScan and a lot of time.

Seems to me that if the Sheriff is not going to respond in a timely way then PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE APPLICATION MONEY.
I hope that you eventually get it. Any idea when the 2014 Election would be? I would hate to apply and waste money if Sheriff Moore is refusing to grant CCW's
Old 01-01-2014, 10:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Election Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsalud View Post
I hope that you eventually get it. Any idea when the 2014 Election would be? I would hate to apply and waste money if Sheriff Moore is refusing to grant CCW's
Thanks for your encouragement. As to the election date for San Joaquin County Sheriff it is in June. The time goes fast so it is not too early to help with the election of a new candidate if you are committed to change. Pat Withrow is firmly my new choice for SJC Sheriff.
Old 01-03-2014, 7:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thanks for your encouragement. As to the election date for San Joaquin County Sheriff it is in June. The time goes fast so it is not too early to help with the election of a new candidate if you are committed to change. Pat Withrow is firmly my new choice for SJC Sheriff.
You guys barely have enough time as it is....

Why? Because the odds are that there's a candidate who wants to be sheriff who, at heart is not a LEO, but a anti "politician w/a gun and a badge", who's lining up local politicos and various city CoPs who are mostly anti and the Average Joe, when getting a flier from them will see ALL those (antis) supporting him for sheriff and will fall inline....

You guys need "boots on the ground" to establish a county-wide network of gunnie activists in EVERY city who will flier shooting ranges, public & private, shooting (trap/skeet, IPSC, etc), hunting, and even fishing clubs to raise support and $$$, and plan to flier w/professional fliers just before elections (June, and Nov if there's a runoff). Look into local radio ads.

January to June sounds like 1/2 a year -- 6 months, but, IIRC, the election is the first week of June, so that means Jan thru May, 5 months. Next, factor in when mail-in ballots arrive, since most folks, I'm guessing, mail those in within a week or two of getting them, so that means you've got 4 months to get everything ready (flier production, distribution, radio ad prdxn, contracts signed). IIRC, the cutoff for candidates to get on the ballot isn't for several weeks, so you may not know all the people running, good or bad, who to support and/or who to oppose, for another month.... But that's no reason to not start building your organization NOW.

This org. can either be an independent org ("San Joaquinians for Law & Order"), and stay that way (mention CCWs among other LE/safety issues), or merge with the org of the candidate of your choice after you know everyone who's running and they've ALL been properly vetted. Remember: once someone is sheriff they can stay in office, getting reelected, for DECADES (until they move on to a new job, retire, die, or MAJOR scandal (San Mateo sheriff easily survived minor scandal)). If they're anti-CCW, there goes your chance for a CCW.

You've got NO TIME TO WASTE!!!

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 01-03-2014 at 8:39 AM..
Old 01-03-2014, 8:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post

Why? Because the odds are that there's a candidate who wants to be sheriff who, at heart is not a LEO, but a anti "politician w/a gun and a badge", who's lining up local politicos and various city CoPs who are mostly anti and the Average Joe, when getting a flier from them will see ALL those (antis) supporting him for sheriff and will fall inline....
^That would be the incumbent...^

I would like to throw my hat in the ring here. If there is anything I can do to help Withrow that any of you guys know of, let me know.

I must say that I see a lot of Withrow campaign signs around, especially out in the more rural areas of the county. Haven't seen any of the other guy's signs at all, anywhere...
Old 01-04-2014, 12:42 PM

I hope it's ok to post this here but my restaurant is hosting a fundraising rib dinner for Pat Withrow's Campaign on Jan 15th if anyone is interested in helping the cause to get him elected next year.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1504...gular&source=1

Old 01-05-2014, 10:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'll be there. Very glad you are having a dinner (love ribs) fundraiser. Please book two seats for Rigidarm.
Old 01-05-2014, 2:05 PM

We need to do a calguns meetup for this dinner.
Old 01-05-2014, 4:49 PM

Grrr. The 15th is my wife and my anniversary. Oh honey....
Old 01-05-2014, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewG View Post
I hope it's ok to post this here but my restaurant is hosting a fundraising rib dinner for Pat Withrow's Campaign on Jan 15th if anyone is interested in helping the cause to get him elected next year.
Great idea for local Calgunners to meet and support our next sheriff.

RSVP for two at 6:00.

Proud member of the 2016 California Quitters Club
Old 01-05-2014, 8:52 PM
Calguns Addict

I live in Stanislaus County, but a San Joaquin County Sheriff's deputy recently told a friend of mine that the current SJ Co. Sheriff will now be giving out CCW permits to just about anyone who applies. It's political, of course, but you might as well strike while the iron is hot.
Old 01-05-2014, 9:10 PM

"Pat Withrow is firmly my new choice for SJC Sheriff"

IF Withrow gets elected, you might get exactly what you voted for just like this Country did in another recent election.

We shall get no crying when the budgets go bad and cops are getting laid off and parts of the jail are being closed.

IF a CCW issuance determines what Sheriff get elected than WOW!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 9:26 PM

AcampoJim, I mean Mr. Moore Welcome to Calguns!

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Old 01-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcampoJim View Post
"Pat Withrow is firmly my new choice for SJC Sheriff"

IF Withrow gets elected, you might get exactly what you voted for just like this Country did in another recent election.
Sounds great! From: http://withrowforsheriff.com/index-11.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatWithrow
I believe that if you have no mental health problems, no criminal background which precludes you from owning a gun, and you have the physical and mental ability to operate a firearm safely, than everyone should have equal access to obtain a Concealed Weapon Permit.
Quote:
We shall get no crying when the budgets go bad and cops are getting laid off and parts of the jail are being closed.
Fear mongering at best, threatening at worst.

If that is what Sheriff Moore is willing to risk in order NOT to allow law-abiding county residents the ability to defend themselves outside of their homes, well, that's on his conscience, not ours!

Besides, the state has already released 10,000 prison inmates with no benefit to us, so what's a few hundred more jailbirds in order to get CCWs?

Quote:
IF a CCW issuance determines what Sheriff get elected than WOW!!!
Why should a law-abiding American citizen in CA support ANY candidate for CLEO who REFUSES to allow them to exercise their RKBA for self-defense? Do you honestly believe that we should think Sheriff Moore's political career is MORE IMPORTANT than our ability to protect our and our families' lives? you! That attitude is a PERFECT example of why many of us view anti-RKBA sheriffs as NOTHING more than "politicians with badges & guns."

Look at the list of examples of Concealed Carry Saving Lives linked in my sig line (and here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=858390). Out of 120+ examples, only a handful could have articulated a specific threat to their lives (i.e., qualified as having "Good Cause" acc. to CA's anti-RKBA sheriffs and the 1977 CA AG's GC opinion). We KNOW we need to carry guns EVEN IF we haven't been threatened and we will not stop fighting, politically and judicially, until we WIN because we live here and we are not going away. CA sheriffs who disagree can get new jobs.

Several years ago, after I got active in this fight, I stopped supporting various LE associations and instead started sending my $$$ to the NRA, SAF, CRPA, CGF and CGN. Since then, whenever a LEO group calls I tell them I will NOT support them until their organization comes out publicly to support "Shall Issue" Right-to-Carry in California for me! I encourage all other CGNers to do the same: only support those who support us.

Out of 50 states, 42 have now gone to "Shall Issue" and they haven't had any problems with it because NOT ONE has gone in the other direction (from Shall Issue to May Issue, or from Shall Issue or May Issue to No Issue).

Out of the 58 counties in CA, over 35 readily issue CCWs and they have not had any problems with it. Solano, Sacramento, Stanislaus, and Fresno Co sheriffs now readily issue CCWs and have not had problems with it. If Sheriff Moore so hates issuing CCWs to law-abiding citizens that he's willing to risk his job for it, that's his choice -- let him suffer the consequences for it.

Naturally, if Sheriff Moore should "see the light" and adopt CGF's Model CCW Policy, accept "self-defense" as GC, and accept being legally able to own a handgun as GMC, then CGNers should factor that in whom they support and whom they oppose, just like I'm confident CGF will re. whom they sue.

Last edited by Paladin; 01-06-2014 at 6:45 PM..
Old 01-06-2014, 7:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Excellent chart Paladin. Thanks for the eye opening information.
Old 01-06-2014, 6:00 PM

Nice response Paladin!

Maybe Mr. Acampojim would like to elaborate on his comment? What makes you think that Withrow wouldn't be able to get the job done better than Moore, who has done nothing to impress me since his being elected?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Calguns Addict

I just made a post in the CA 2nd Amendment Political Activism forum I thought you guys might be interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I've been contacted via PMs by folks asking for the nearest location to their Bay Area workplace where they can get a CCW. This has also been the subject of more than a few threads. So I expanded upon one of my posts here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...9#post12974509
to use as a reference to save me time in replying. My most recent standard answer had been Solano Co, specifically the cities of Vallejo or Benecia. Why?

Vallejo is excellent for folks working in western CoCoCo: Rodeo, Pinole, San Pablo, El Cerrito, even down into Orinda and Berkeley (Alameda Co), depending upon traffic, time of day, and BART.

Benecia is excellent for people working in central CoCoCo: Martinez, Bay Point, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Clayton, and Walnut Creek.

Looking over google maps, I now see Rio Vista (also in Solano Co), is excellent for those working in eastern CoCoCo: Pittsburg east to Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood, and Discovery Bay.

So RIGHT NOW, pretty much anyone working in CoCoCo north of Moraga-Alamo can get a CCW and have a reasonable commute from Solano Co.

I looked at the map some more and realized if we could get San Joaquin Co to go "virtual Shall Issue" (i.e., liberally issue CCWs), people who work in San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, Castro Valley, Dublin, Pleasanton, and Livermore (all in Alameda Co) (again, depending upon traffic, time of day, and BART), as well as people in southern CoCoCo (Alamo, Danville and San Ramon), could live in Tracy and get CCWs. It would also give people working in eastern CoCoCo another option for where to live to get a CCW: Stockton.

Naturally, liberalizing CCW issuance would also benefit the many San Joaquin Co. residents who live & work in that county.

Winning San Joaquin Co means most anyone working in any part of CoCoCo and most people working in most of Alameda Co can get a CCW if they are willing to commute. (A LOT of people are renters nowadays, so moving won't be as bad for them.)

Thus, I think CGNers working in southern & eastern Alameda Co and southern CoCoCo. should get involved with San Joaquin Co CGNers in the 2014 San Joaquin Co sheriff's race to win "virtual Shall Issue" for that county.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:40 AM

I am thinking about applying in san joaquin county, i started the process awhile back but then gave up after hearing all the denials. Do all the same forms, fees, gc statements and instructions still apply? ( as posted back in 2011)
Old 01-11-2014, 8:18 AM

I just got an email from Conservative Republicans of San Joaquin stating on January 20 Sheriff Moore is coming to speak at their dinner. It starts at 7 at Marie Callendars in stockton. 2628 W March Lane, Stockton (at I-5)

It's open to all and would be a great time to publicly question Moore about his anti-2nd Amendment position and why any "conservative" or gun owner should vote for him.

This is probably the easiest activism you could ever do if interested in making a real change in SJ CCW policy.
Old 01-11-2014, 7:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergriffin View Post
I just got an email from Conservative Republicans of San Joaquin stating on January 20 Sheriff Moore is coming to speak at their dinner. It starts at 7 at Marie Callendars in stockton. 2628 W March Lane, Stockton (at I-5)

It's open to all and would be a great time to publicly question Moore about his anti-2nd Amendment position and why any "conservative" or gun owner should vote for him.

This is probably the easiest activism you could ever do if interested in making a real change in SJ CCW policy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergriffin View Post

Any CGNers attending might want to ask him why he doesn't have any info besides the location and ph # for CCWs on his website. Compare his (ck for Concealed Carry Weapons under FAQs at:
http://sjsheriff.org/
to what Solano Co SO has:
http://www.co.solano.ca.us/depts/she...onslicense.asp

and Stanislaus has:
Note the "Schedule a CCW Appointment Online" icon that leads you to:
http://scsdonline.com/records/ccw-appointment.html
and under the pull-down menu for "Forms":
http://scsdonline.com/forms/conceale...ns-permit.html

Hell, even Yolo Co SO, who we're suing in the 9th Cir in the Richards case, has more info on their website:
http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/forms-fees/

Of course, Sacramento SO, who accepts "self-defense" for Good Cause, has a CCW link on their home page that leads to detailed info:
http://www.sacsheriff.com/organizati...heriff/ccw.cfm

Ask him why he won't accept "self-defense" for GC when there haven't been any problems w/it in Mendocino, Sacto, Stanislaus, and Fresno counties, and Solano, Kern and ~30 other counties that readily issue CCWs, or the 42 Shall Issue states (every state except for CA, from the Pacific Ocean east to NY/MD)?

Go thru the list of 120+ CCW incidents linked in my sig line. Only a handful knew someone might want to attack them (usually DV related), and the CCWer is usually a 3rd party witnessing the attack. In the vast majority of cases, the CCWer was not the BG's target, they just happened to be nearby when bad stuff went down. In none of the cases where they were targeted were they carrying "large" sums of money or valuables. They were usually a pizza delivery driver or someone targeted for their wallet, purse or vehicle.

Last edited by Paladin; 01-13-2014 at 7:02 AM..