Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 06-23-2019, 6:30 AM

Default GSG 16

Saw the Weekly Ad for Turners and it looks like they are selling and updated MP5 clone from GSG which looks interesting.

I had wanted to pick up on one of the earlier models but never did.

Anyone get one yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2019, 9:26 AM

Looks like fun. Maybe one day I will get one

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2019, 1:52 PM
Veteran Member

I would caution against Gsg anything. Currently have a 1911 with a broken extractor and getting parts is tough. Would not bother with ATI.
Old 06-23-2019, 2:09 PM

Got a GSG 522 a few years ago from Big 5 of all places. Found a couple of spare mags and the camloc binder for two mags. Fun! Not picky, shoots whatever .22lr ammo I put in the mags. Oh, and bought the smaller GSG 1911 (commander size?). Again, no issues.

Last edited by Grendel Guy; 06-23-2019 at 2:11 PM..
Old 06-23-2019, 2:37 PM

I held one in my LGS yesterday. VERY light- mostly plastic parts. I have a gen two GSG 5 and have had and unresolved issue with light strikes after both a trip to both my local gunsmith, and sending in the bolt carrier group for repair to ATI, and I’m far than less than satisfied with their customer service. Bear in mind I put well over 10,000 rounds through the gun with minimal maintenance before it crapped out on me. Word of advice if you decide to pick one up, DO NOT put CCI stinger ammo through the gun- That’s where all my problems started

Conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people.
--- Dan Bongino
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2 View Post
Some liberals are evil people out to control others. (Hillary, Pelosi, et.al.)
Many liberals are lemmings and will follow whomever espouses what they 'feel'.
Old 06-23-2019, 7:26 PM
Veteran Member

I'll let you know in a few weeks....Went in to buy ammo, saw it on the shelf, messed with it for a whole 30 seconds, & decided to buy it.

I'm definitely going to take off all those front rails though. It's an Mlok handguard underneath it all.
Old 06-24-2019, 6:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorRichRichard View Post
I held one in my LGS yesterday. VERY light- mostly plastic parts. I have a gen two GSG 5 and have had and unresolved issue with light strikes after both a trip to both my local gunsmith, and sending in the bolt carrier group for repair to ATI, and Iím far than less than satisfied with their customer service. Bear in mind I put well over 10,000 rounds through the gun with minimal maintenance before it crapped out on me. Word of advice if you decide to pick one up, DO NOT put CCI stinger ammo through the gun- Thatís where all my problems started
They work great with cci mini mags...
Old 06-26-2019, 8:51 PM

Default GSG 16

Decided not to get one for now. My Sig 522 would get really jealous and I dont shoot that gun nearly enough.

If I do get one, I will probably get one of the 522 models which look more MP5 like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2019, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon1272 View Post
I would caution against Gsg anything. Currently have a 1911 with a broken extractor and getting parts is tough. Would not bother with ATI.
Did you try replacing with regular 1911 extractor. GSG/ATI 1911 parts are to spec.
Old 07-02-2019, 8:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber View Post
Saw the Weekly Ad for Turners and it looks like they are selling and updated MP5 clone from GSG which looks interesting.

I had wanted to pick up on one of the earlier models but never did.

Anyone get one yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I picked up one from Turners about three weeks ago. It wasn't on their website then, but they had one on the shelf so I jumped on it.
I was never in the market for this caliber, but it just looked cool and my biggest excuse was that my Son can shoot it in few years haha

I wish I can tell you how it shoots, but it's still in the box and I have not touched it..
Old 07-18-2019, 7:48 PM

I got one from Big5 after I intially bought a Savage on sale. The Savage ejector snapped during cleaning, so I took it back. I got credit for the full Reg price of the Savage so I upgraded and got the GSG. My GSG 522 has been awesome, put a Bucket O bullets and a half thru it (almost 2000 rnds) without cleaning and it only had a couple of duds (normal for cheap 22 ammo) and maybe 1 or 2 hang ups when it was very very dirty. I've been very happy with it and very impressed with its reliability. Trigger isn't the greatest and accuracy is best described as OK. But again overall I am very pleased with my purchase.

Last edited by hardcore4sure; 07-18-2019 at 7:53 PM..
Old 07-26-2019, 9:26 AM
Veteran Member

I finally had a chance to take mine out, there were no problems after 350 rounds. Trigger feels mushy but not a dealbreaker. I did remove the handguard rails & it feels much better. Accuracy with a red dot at 25 yds was acceptable.

There's a pic rail section on the stock, it's really sharp against my cheek so I rounded it off with a few quick file swipes. I got some extra mags from Atlantic Firearms, and Gun Mag Warehouse also has some. For $320 from Turners I'm very satisfied. Especially considering there were people selling used GSG MP5 clones for more than that in the marketplace.