Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2019, 1:14 PM

Default Glock Magazine Base plate swap... Yay or Nay?

During freedom week I bought a ton of Glock mags. OEM gen 3-5/ETS/MAGPUL you name it.

But if I want to swap some gen 5 base plates with some older ones, so I can potentially fit them in a G19x

??

Fact and opinions appreciated
Old 05-13-2019, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconsandwich View Post
During freedom week I bought a ton of Glock mags. OEM gen 3-5/ETS/MAGPUL you name it.

But if I want to swap some gen 5 base plates with some older ones, so I can potentially fit them in a G19x

??

Fact and opinions appreciated

Why couldnít you? Itís just a regular baseplate. And itís your legal magazine. Can you change the baseplate on a 10 round magazine? Same thing.
Old 05-13-2019, 5:12 PM

Right, and I don't intend to get cute and put a +2 on a 10 round magazine or anything.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconsandwich View Post
Right, and I don't intend to get cute and put a +2 on a 10 round magazine or anything.
If it's already standard cap 10+, would slapping a +2 baseplate be a no-no? You're not constructing a LCM as it already is one?
Old 05-16-2019, 1:47 AM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgoh0nk View Post
If it's already standard cap 10+, would slapping a +2 baseplate be a no-no? You're not constructing a LCM as it already is one?
It is CA legal to increase the capacity of a legally owned large capacity magazine.
^There are no CA laws/regulations that prohibits this.

It is CA illegal to increase the capacity of a 10 or less round magazine to be greater than 10 rounds. [PC 32310(a)]

It is CA illegal to make, import, advertise for sale, or transfer magazine parts that would increase the capacity of a magazine to be greater than 10 rounds. [PC 32311(a)]

Therefore...

If you legally own a 17 round magazine and legally own a +2 round magazine extension for it, then it is CA legal to combine the items to have a 19 round magazine.

If you legally own a 17 round magazine and you do not own a +2 magazine extension for it, then it is CA illegal for you to obtain the magazine extension for it.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.Ē - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).