Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2019, 5:20 PM

Default Grabagun mess up my order. Am I screwed?

I ordered 3 HK USP 45 12 rnd and it was fulfilled correctly. I also ordered 4 Glock 20 10mm mags 15 rnd and received 4 Glock 21 10 round mags. Not sure if they can be exchanged legally at this point. Right now I'm thinking the best I can do is return them and get a refund. Rather have the right mags of course.

If the G21 mags had been standard cap I might have considered getting a G21 for them. I already have granfathered G20 15 rnd mags.
Old 04-09-2019, 5:22 PM

Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2019, 5:29 PM
👀They’re Watching 👀
CGN Contributor

I think you’re in the clear to exchange. You ordered them before the deadline and they haven’t shipped the item you ordered yet...

Just my 2˘
Old 04-09-2019, 5:32 PM

Return and refund is what I think will happen.
Old 04-09-2019, 5:37 PM

Their office was closed when I tried to call around 4 when I got home. Will try again tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2019, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
I think you’re in the clear to exchange. You ordered them before the deadline and they haven’t shipped the item you ordered yet...

Just my 2˘
That might actually work but it will probably depend on the vendor. You could simply insist on getting what you ordered.
Old 04-09-2019, 6:14 PM

They haven't shipped your order. Call them directly so no paper to br safe. Ask them to ship your order. And of course, return the wrong order
Old 04-09-2019, 6:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Bummer, hope they will correct it for you.

On a happier note my Grab-a-Gun order come today, & all is well.
Old 04-09-2019, 7:04 PM

What does the paperwork say?
Old 04-09-2019, 7:16 PM

Receipt says 4 Glock 20 15 rnd. Also all emails.
Old 04-09-2019, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano3467 View Post
Bummer, hope they will correct it for you.

On a happier note my Grab-a-Gun order come today, & all is well.
Mine have been trickling in from other vendors too. Still a few to go.
Old 04-09-2019, 7:24 PM
Banned

Free to exchange, you are an existing customer, call them to get it fixed.
Old 04-09-2019, 7:44 PM
Calguns Addict

You can return the mags but don't hold your breath for them to exchange them for hi cap ones at this point.
Old 04-09-2019, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post

Just my 2˘
This sounds right.
Old 04-10-2019, 7:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
You can return the mags but don't hold your breath for them to exchange them for hi cap ones at this point.
Please don't refer to them as "high cap." They are standard. We really need to use the correct wording, not what our state leaders tell us to say. Pretty soon 10 rounds will be "high capacity" if we don't choose our words wisely.
Old 04-10-2019, 8:05 AM
Calguns Addict

While I understand your point, from a legal perspective, my terminology was correct.
Grabagun most likely will not want to run afoul of the law and will decline importing the mags the OP ordered but would refund the price of the incorrect ones shipped.
Old 04-10-2019, 8:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahuasniper View Post
Please don't refer to them as "high cap." They are standard. We really need to use the correct wording, not what our state leaders tell us to say. Pretty soon 10 rounds will be "high capacity" if we don't choose our words wisely.
I think we all need to start referring to LCM's as Low Capacity Magazines as most other places in the country sell 12 rd's and above as Standard Capacity Magazines. I go crazy listening to our state politicians "SPIN" things. Large Capacity Magazines, Assault Weapons, Common Sense Gun Laws. All BS
Old 04-10-2019, 8:55 AM

They were ordered/bought while legal, they should have no problem sending your items to you, and requesting that you send their mistake back.

I dont see this as being any different than someone who had purchased and is still waiting for the order to arrive.

Last edited by 02Caltaco; 04-10-2019 at 8:58 AM..
Old 04-10-2019, 9:12 AM
Pitbull Apologist
CGN Contributor

That sucks! I did the same, only I ordered 8 G20s. Hope I don't get 10rd anything...let alone 21 mags.

Keep us posted with outcome. I might be in the same boat OP.
Old 04-10-2019, 9:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
While I understand your point, from a legal perspective, my terminology was correct.
Grabagun most likely will not want to run afoul of the law and will decline importing the mags the OP ordered but would refund the price of the incorrect ones shipped.
Are you making up laws?

Grabagun has taken the position that if purchased before the 5pm deadline, they will ship your order.

So, what would prevent them from correcting a shipping error and sending the OP the items that he legally purchased?

Now, if GAG was one of the sellers that stopped shipping at 5pm Friday, then I would say the OP is out of luck. But they are not. Just like Brownells and others. If the purchase was made legally, they will fulfill the order. That should include correcting any shipping mistakes or lost packages.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
My guess is they will just refund and not exchange.
Well if we are guessing. I'll guess that he legally paid for 15 rounders and he will get 15 rounders from them and hopefully paid shipping label to RMA the mistake. That GrabA shipping is STEEEEP.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:52 AM
Village idiot
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
Well if we are guessing. I'll guess that he legally paid for 15 rounders and he will get 15 rounders from them and hopefully paid shipping label to RMA the mistake. That GrabA shipping is STEEEEP.
More that I think about it, what I typed above, anyone could do with any type order for any product. I'll think I"ll delete my post.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:14 PM

They screwed me.

Ordered 10-ak47 30 round mags, they shipped all low cap mags, emails going back and forth, they are saying all they will do is let me return them for refund even if they screwed up the order. Doesn't matter that I ordered them on 30 March, and I ordered correctly. Fug them, they are off my list, bastards!
Old 04-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraudaaa View Post
They screwed me.

Ordered 10-ak47 30 round mags, they shipped all low cap mags, emails going back and forth, they are saying all they will do is let me return them for refund even if they screwed up the order. Doesn't matter that I ordered them on 30 March, and I ordered correctly. Fug them, they are off my list, bastards!
Did you try calling and having a conversation with them? It's usually better than email.

Good luck. I really hope they correct their mistake.
Old 04-10-2019, 1:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
Are you making up laws?

Grabagun has taken the position that if purchased before the 5pm deadline, they will ship your order.

So, what would prevent them from correcting a shipping error and sending the OP the items that he legally purchased?
Let's find out together and wait and see what they say. I bet I am correct but if I am wrong I will admit it. As far as making up laws, this is new territory and open to ATF determination, not yours or mine. I am erring on the side of caution and think Grabagun will too.

in another thread, this was their responce to a question. "we read the ruling to include all sales until 5pm and we’re going w central time. After 5:00 pm April 5th 2019 we are not taking any more orders.
Here is a statement we have put together. Sale of magazines over 10 rounds to California residents is made pursuant to the March 29, 2019 order and opinion of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California in Duncan v. Becerra. No warranty or guarantee of this item's legality in the State of California is made by Seller. Any prospective Buyer should consult an attorney before deciding to purchase this item. To the extent that the United States District Court for the Southern District of California's injunction of California Penal Code § 32310 should be subsequently withdrawn, superseded, modified, stayed, or overturned, no further sales of this item will be made and no refunds or returns will be accepted. You can also reference this statement at https://grabagun.com/california-magazine-notice

So as long as your order is in before 5PM central time on April 5, 2019 We have full intention on fulfilling the order."

Last edited by vintagearms; 04-10-2019 at 1:28 PM..
Old 04-10-2019, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Let's find out together and wait and see what they say. I bet I am correct but if I am wrong I will admit it. As far as making up laws, this is new territory and open to ATF determination, not yours or mine. I am erring on the side of caution and think Grabagun will too.
ATF has nothing to do with this.
Old 04-10-2019, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Did you try calling and having a conversation with them? It's usually better than email.

Good luck. I really hope they correct their mistake.

Yeah, same result. But I did cast my net very wide, I didn't want to invest in grabagun only.
Old 04-10-2019, 3:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

in another thread, this was their responce to a question. "we read the ruling to include all sales until 5pm and we’re going w central time. After 5:00 pm April 5th 2019 we are not taking any more orders.
Here is a statement we have put together. Sale of magazines over 10 rounds to California residents is made pursuant to the March 29, 2019 order and opinion of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California in Duncan v. Becerra. No warranty or guarantee of this item's legality in the State of California is made by Seller. Any prospective Buyer should consult an attorney before deciding to purchase this item. To the extent that the United States District Court for the Southern District of California's injunction of California Penal Code § 32310 should be subsequently withdrawn, superseded, modified, stayed, or overturned, no further sales of this item will be made and no refunds or returns will be accepted. You can also reference this statement at https://grabagun.com/california-magazine-notice

So as long as your order is in before 5PM central time on April 5, 2019 We have full intention on fulfilling the order."
You already posted what they said. And they've already made shipments after 5pm Friday. That was my point. If they've already shipped after the deadline, then they've already "run afoul of the law" according to your post.
Old 04-10-2019, 3:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraudaaa View Post
Yeah, same result. But I did cast my net very wide, I didn't want to invest in grabagun only.
Sucks and disappointing to hear. They should have fixed their mistake. Glad you casted a wide net.
Old 04-10-2019, 3:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You already posted what they said. And they've already made shipments after 5pm Friday. That was my point. If they've already shipped after the deadline, then they've already "run afoul of the law" according to you.
I was referring to replacement mags, not mags already purchased. Things always get misinterpreted through text/email.
Old 04-11-2019, 7:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
We're not in court.
Old 04-11-2019, 8:28 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantdance View Post
I ordered 3 HK USP 45 12 rnd and it was fulfilled correctly. I also ordered 4 Glock 20 10mm mags 15 rnd and received 4 Glock 21 10 round mags.
But those HK mags are pretty sweet, right?
Old 04-11-2019, 8:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASchell View Post
I think we all need to start referring to LCM's as Low Capacity Magazines as most other places in the country sell 12 rd's and above as Standard Capacity Magazines. I go crazy listening to our state politicians "SPIN" things. Large Capacity Magazines, Assault Weapons, Common Sense Gun Laws. All BS
Libs always want to engage me on common sense gun law discussions, but as soon as I say we need MORE gun rights, they freak. "Common sense gun law" means BANNING MORE GUNS. Do not engage with them. It's The Second or nothing.
Old 04-11-2019, 8:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahuasniper View Post
Libs always want to engage me on common sense gun law discussions, but as soon as I say we need MORE gun rights, they freak. "Common sense gun law" means BANNING MORE GUNS. Do not engage with them. It's The Second or nothing.
"Be a good boy. Be a responsible gun owner and refer to yourself that way always - until we finally get them all. Good boy!"

Gotta love all the confused people though. Avid hunters who want your semi-auto guns taken. Marines for Bernie Sanders. Responsible gun owners that don't think you should own so damn many.
Old 04-11-2019, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
"Be a good boy. Be a responsible gun owner and refer to yourself that way always - until we finally get them all. Good boy!"

Gotta love all the confused people though. Avid hunters who want your semi-auto guns taken. Marines for Bernie Sanders. Responsible gun owners that don't think you should own so damn many.
Just so Damn many people wanting to tell me "what is good for me"! F'em
Old 04-11-2019, 6:07 PM

I just got my order today from
Grabagun all complete no mishaps. When I spoke to them prior to the shipment they seemed like good people. Just give em a call and see what can be done.
Old 04-11-2019, 6:33 PM

If they don’t want to replace them just sell the mags or keep them. That way if you happen to “acquire” the correct shipment you’ll still have a receipt as proof.
Old 04-11-2019, 6:37 PM

I'll post on my progress. Caalled them Wed and they want a photo of the 4 incorrect mags and they decide on a case-by-case basis. I would think they could check their inventory against orders and see my case.

Been busier than a one legged tap dancer in a butt kicking contest, maybe get to the pics Sat.
Old 04-30-2019, 5:23 AM

I got an email yesterday saying they will not mail out my order after I called to see why I hadn't received it yet. I got an email saying it was sent two weeks ago now their saying the owner Chad said no more sent out because of the stay. Really bad customer service.