Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2019, 3:47 PM

"We are not getting these magazines anytime soon that is why the order was canceled.
Thank you,
Chanya"

This was the reply that I received when I asked why my order was canceled via email. Time to clean out the "last chance" spam emails from Botach. I was "Botached". Oh well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Valegian; 04-12-2019 at 3:54 PM..
Old 04-13-2019, 9:47 AM

Botach and themagshack both delivered this morning. Just waiting for BearArms, who already had my mags shipped to them.

Thank you Botach and themagshop.com for supporting us behind enemy lines.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
Good news... I still have one "awaiting processing"... since I stuck up for them, I will probably get Botach'd.
My order says "ready" and the rep said they were waiting to fulfill it with backordered mags. If I dont see an update by Wednesday this week, I'll see if i can get other mags and pay the difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44.shooter.lb View Post
Botach and themagshack both delivered this morning. Just waiting for BearArms, who already had my mags shipped to them.

Thank you Botach and themagshop.com for supporting us behind enemy lines.

Thank you for providing dated, photographic evidence. I will make it much easier for us to pick you up.

Gavin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRA Patron, CRPA Life, SAF Life, GSSF Life, NRA RSO and pistol instructor, ILEETA instructor. Stop me before I join something else!
Old 04-13-2019, 12:16 PM

If Gavin comes to pick them up I'll hand them over, else he might want to perform a body cavity search...no thanks.

Old 04-13-2019, 3:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Don't get me wrong... if I get BOTACH'd one out of three orders this time, when I ordered last minute and ordered the LAST three units of something that had been there for hours - if anything doesn't have accurate inventory count, it is any type of Pmag... it'll be forgiven.

Typical order from them goes like this for me... BOTACH emails me a specials email. I spot a HS503GU for the lowest price I've ever seen shipped free - $129. I Order it. next day get shipping confirmation with tracking. It arrives.
Old 04-13-2019, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
Don't get me wrong... if I get BOTACH'd one out of three orders this time, when I ordered last minute and ordered the LAST three units of something that had been there for hours - if anything doesn't have accurate inventory count, it is any type of Pmag... it'll be forgiven.

Typical order from them goes like this for me... BOTACH emails me a specials email. I spot a HS503GU for the lowest price I've ever seen shipped free - $129. I Order it. next day get shipping confirmation with tracking. It arrives.
Their 1 day shipping is why I put my big order in with them.

Old 04-14-2019, 9:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Botach just sent me an email asking that I review my recent purchases-which are still awaiting processing. Lol!
Old 04-14-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus28 View Post
Botach just sent me an email asking that I review my recent purchases-which are still awaiting processing. Lol!
gdamn i'm getting nervous. I haven't gotten any updates, but I'm worried I might get cancelled!
Old 04-14-2019, 10:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinters14 View Post
gdamn i'm getting nervous. I haven't gotten any updates, but I'm worried I might get cancelled!
Same. Unfortunately, out of the dozen orders I placed with different online vendors, Botach was the largest one and the only one that has not shipped or charged my CC. I havenít heard any updates front them, either. Everything I ordered form them was ďin stockĒ at time of purchase.

My Armsunlimited order took about 12 days to ship but the owner was posting pretty regularly on here providing updates.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:40 AM

FYI Botach has in the past sent orders out in multiple shipments without actually indicating so on your account page or via email.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Man I haven't seen a BowTech screwed me over thread in some time now, lol
Old 04-15-2019, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
Man I haven't seen a BowTech screwed me over thread in some time now, lol
Well this isn't entirely that thread... yet. I spoke to costumer service today to change out the back-ordered items with those that they have in stock. They did it, so if I had to guess it shouldn't be more than 2-3 days from here to actually shipping.

I will update whatever happens either way.
Old 04-15-2019, 1:15 PM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Got ahold of them and it looks like they sold stock they didn't have and are waiting on a shipment to fulfill my order. Definitely annoyed, considering PSA will have shipped and delivered before these guys and PSA is SLOOOOOOOW.
This is what Botach is typically known for which is why it is recommended to never order anything from them that is OOS.
Old 04-15-2019, 5:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Well this isn't entirely that thread... yet. I spoke to costumer service today to change out the back-ordered items with those that they have in stock. They did it, so if I had to guess it shouldn't be more than 2-3 days from here to actually shipping.

I will update whatever happens either way.

I just remember seeing these on a daily basis for about a year back in '06-07 or so
Old 04-16-2019, 1:54 PM

Wow, Botach is now the WORST reseller I've ever dealt with. I order on the 29th and my order was delayed. My buddy ordered a couple days later, the SAME ITEMS (but different quantities) and he received his and they just cancelled my order entirely. What a bunch of f*cking aholes. They said they cancelled my order because the backordered items (that were ALL in stock when I ordered and I ordered on the same day the decision came out) have no ETA according to them. I HIGHLY suspect that they just don't want to honor their prices on some of the items I ordered (prices which they raised or packages that they eliminated after the masses started figuring it out)
Old 04-16-2019, 2:27 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm still waiting for an order to change status from the 5th... but I ordered another item early this morning and it shipped in a few hours. I did note there were over 300 in-stock and not "3" during a firestorm of activity like my previous order.
Old 04-16-2019, 2:51 PM

Just received my Botach order today. Ordered on the 5th. Boom.
Old 04-16-2019, 3:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical View Post
Just received my Botach order today. Ordered on the 5th. Boom.
Keep hope alive!
Old 04-16-2019, 3:13 PM

I had just received an email from Botach that my order for 2 Magpul PMAG D-50 has been cancelled, the order was placed an hour before the deadline on April 5th.
Old 04-16-2019, 6:23 PM

UPDATE:

A rep from Botach called me today to let me know some of mags I ordered wouldn't be in stock for a while and recommended I choose another one.

Only issue is I already had this conversation with them yesterday. Got it figured out again and got a shipping confirmation so yay for that.

Only other issue, is they updated my order and took shipping off, but it looks like they went back to my original order and charged me shipping again.

Not a big deal, but their communication within the company is obviously done with pigeons and the reason why so many people are having issues with orders. If you haven't gotten it shipped yet, I'd call their customer service and figure it out ASAP.

Definitely giving them the benefit of the doubt given the overload of freedom week, but this whole experience doesn't inspire a lot of confidence going forward.
Old 04-18-2019, 8:52 AM
Calguns Addict

I haven't talked to anyone... but my live order status showed life. Changed to "READY".

https://www.botach.com/order-status/
Old 04-18-2019, 9:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Some good news- part of my order from 3/30 has shipped. Received an email with tracking number.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Some good news- part of my order from 3/30 has shipped. Received an email with tracking number.
Has it actually left their facility? They created a shipping label and it's still sitting in their warehouse. This is really getting on my nerves.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Has it actually left their facility? They created a shipping label and it's still sitting in their warehouse. This is really getting on my nerves.
Usually if I get a shipment email from them, or it says shipped on their website; the items do get shipped out. Hopefully that is the case with yours.

For what it's worth, I ordered sometime in the beginning of the freedom week and my items showed up roughly a week later via SmartPost. I just recently ordered some of the ETS speed loaders and they are currently in transit, but are coming from Compton. Didn't know they still had a warehouse in CA?
Old 04-18-2019, 11:11 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
No, it has not left their facility, yet. The label has been created. Iím just happy to see that there is an update on my order and my CC was charged. For the past two weeks, I received no updates from Botach. I was beginning to accept the reality that my order may have been cancelled.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member

I got a note from Botach that the one item I had ordered from them, which was originally back-ordered, was cancelled.

Cest' la vie.

Fortunately I had ordered that product from more than one vendor, ensuring that hopefully one of them would come through. It was for a less-common product, but which they nevertheless had showed "in stock" when the order was placed. They did make good on everything else I had ordered.

Just chalk it up to the fact that this was a perfect storm for mag vendors and there were without question going to be at least a FEW casualties in the chaos.
Old 04-19-2019, 9:48 AM

Quote:
No, it has not left their facility, yet. The label has been created. Iím just happy to see that there is an update on my order and my CC was charged. For the past two weeks, I received no updates from Botach. I was beginning to accept the reality that my order may have been cancelled.
It took them almost an entire week to actually give my package to FedEx. I think I'm done with Botach after this. Even though they got slammed, they couldn't do the most basic thing involved in online selling. I made multiple other orders for miscellaneous stuff AFTER i got my shipping label from Botach and they will still be here sooner.

Absolute horse**** of a company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
I got a note from Botach that the one item I had ordered from them, which was originally back-ordered, was cancelled.

Cest' la vie.

Fortunately I had ordered that product from more than one vendor, ensuring that hopefully one of them would come through. It was for a less-common product, but which they nevertheless had showed "in stock" when the order was placed. They did make good on everything else I had ordered.

Just chalk it up to the fact that this was a perfect storm for mag vendors and there were without question going to be at least a FEW casualties in the chaos.
Sorry to hear that. I guess like myself, you probably won't want to do business with them again eh.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:56 AM
Calguns Addict

My last order (for a ETS loader, not mags) shipped the same day and I received it today. They had the lowest price and free shipping.

Still have not received my last April 5th order.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It took them almost an entire week to actually give my package to FedEx. I think I'm done with Botach after this. Even though they got slammed, they couldn't do the most basic thing involved in online selling. I made multiple other orders for miscellaneous stuff AFTER i got my shipping label from Botach and they will still be here sooner.

Absolute horse**** of a company.

Sorry to hear that. I guess like myself, you probably won't want to do business with them again eh.
I don't hold it against them. As I mentioned it's an uncommon item and I got it elsewhere. Their system has a few flaws and in normal times that's not a big deal. I'd have never done business with them at all except they were called out on this board as being willing to ship while many big name vendors were still sitting on their hands waiting for things to play out.

By all means, suit yourself on who you do business with, but as far as I'm concerned it's water under the bridge at this point.
Old 04-19-2019, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
I don't hold it against them. As I mentioned it's an uncommon item and I got it elsewhere. Their system has a few flaws and in normal times that's not a big deal. I'd have never done business with them at all except they were called out on this board as being willing to ship while many big name vendors were still sitting on their hands waiting for things to play out.

By all means, suit yourself on who you do business with, but as far as I'm concerned it's water under the bridge at this point.
It would have been for me if they:

1) Told me the items I ordered were out of stock.
2) When I called to follow up and change the order, actually send it to their shipping department.
3) Hadn't removed the shipping charge on my order, then put it back.
4) Hand my shipment off to FedEx within 2 business days of creating the label.

I've bought a lot of stuff online, and a couple of things from Botach. I get all the magazine hubub. PSA kinda messed up my order as well, but they were transparent with me and did what they said they would.

I'm bitter right now, and there's a wealth of other retailers out there. But if Botach has it and no one else, I would reconsider buying from them as my first two orders went fine.

/endrant.
Old 04-19-2019, 6:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Red face

Quote:
Botach - Order not shipped, not responding to inquiries

Botach turned INTO "Botach?" HOW surprising. not.

You DO know this movie was about them, right?

https://botach-tactical.pissedconsumer.com/review.html
Old 04-19-2019, 6:46 PM

BoTach came through for me on 2 separate orders placed during freedom week. Both orders shipped out relatively quickly and they offered the best pricing with free shipping.

Last edited by Sure Shot 45; 04-19-2019 at 6:48 PM..
Old 04-19-2019, 6:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

FWIW, I’ve bought optics from Botach’s eBay store and had absolutely no issues. Fast shipping and excellent price.
Old 04-19-2019, 8:09 PM

Quote:
FWIW, Iíve bought optics from Botachís eBay store and had absolutely no issues. Fast shipping and excellent price.
There's accountability on eBay lol

Old 04-23-2019, 12:28 PM

Anyone still waiting on their Botach order? No luck getting a hold of them.
Old 04-23-2019, 1:00 PM

Nope!
Old 04-23-2019, 1:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Botach went Tach-Bo.
Old 04-23-2019, 1:22 PM

Default Status update from Botach on 4/5/2019 order

I placed an order before the deadline on 4/5. My CC had a pending charge for a couple of days and then it dropped off. Status online is "Ready" or "Awaiting Processing." I suspected it would get canceled, but sent them an email inquiry yesterday for an update and they replied with this today:

Thank you for choosing Botach with your purchase.
We are currently waiting for this shipment to come in from the MFGR. Once we receive this shipment we will process all the backorders.

Last edited by SacCityZ; 04-23-2019 at 1:29 PM..
Old 04-23-2019, 1:22 PM

They are the worst. I tried to order 3 Trijicon MRO red dot sites. After about 6 weeks and multiple phone calls they still didn't ship. Finally cancelled the order that was just f**king ridiculous.