Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 05-26-2017, 2:56 PM

Default Massad Ayoob coming back to Sacramento?

Is Massad coming back to sac for MAG 80 or MAG 40? I thought he was coming back but haven't heard. Would like to take the MAG 80 class if possible...
Old 05-26-2017, 3:07 PM
Hobnobbin' with a Goblin
CGN Contributor

I'm not sure if they will train anyone?
For DA's web sight.
-g
To attend any of our classes you must preregister. Repeat students can do so by phone or mail. First time students must submit either a copy of their carry permit (CCW), law enforcement I.D. or a character reference from either a judge, lawyer or police department stating they have no history of criminal or violent behavior, drug use or alcohol abuse. An enrollment form can be printed from our "Training Application" page. Space availability, date changes, additional classes, etc. can be found on our Training Update page.
http://www.defenseassociates.com/index.html
Old 05-26-2017, 3:08 PM

His schedule shows MAG 40 July 6-9 Sacramento, CA — Lagomarcino Firearms Inc.
MAG 80 November 14 – 18 Sacramento, CA — Lagomarcino Firearms Inc.

http://massadayoobgroup.com
Old 05-26-2017, 3:10 PM

Damn, haven't heard that name in years. Last time I shot with him was back in the last couple Solider of Fortune match's.

Hope you guys have a good class!

Last edited by Mesa Defense; 05-26-2017 at 3:15 PM..
Old 05-26-2017, 3:50 PM
Veteran Member

I believe it happens at Sac Valley shooting center where Wes teaches from LFI.

I believe it is all booked but go check.

Wes does have it on his calendar.

https://www.lfiguns.com/calendar

Ruger Mk lll 22/45 .22lr $375 , Uberti SAA .357 $290 for sale
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1483671
Old 06-01-2017, 12:41 PM

Default Massad Ayoob MAG-40 and MAG-80 Sacramento classes

Massad Ayoob will be teaching his MAG-40 course on July 6 - 9, 2017 and his MAG-80 course on November 14 - 18, 2017. The MAG-40 course still has a handful of spots left and the MAG-80 course is almost full. If you're wanting to attend please register at https://www.lfiguns.com/registration. For more info contact me at (209) 401-0907.
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Ione, Jackson, Lodi, Manteca, Ripon, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah, Virginia & Washington

www.LFIguns.com - serving Sacramento, Reno, the Central Valley, Foot Hills and Bay Area
Old 06-01-2017, 1:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man WC View Post
I'm not sure if they will train anyone?
For DA's web sight.
-g
To attend any of our classes you must preregister. Repeat students can do so by phone or mail. First time students must submit either a copy of their carry permit (CCW), law enforcement I.D. or a character reference from either a judge, lawyer or police department stating they have no history of criminal or violent behavior, drug use or alcohol abuse. An enrollment form can be printed from our "Training Application" page. Space availability, date changes, additional classes, etc. can be found on our Training Update page.
http://www.defenseassociates.com/index.html
Interesting comment. I'm not sure what your concern is but, we consistently train a ton of people each year. I personally handle all of the registrations for the MAG courses in the Sacramento area.

There's no need to fill out any forms as listed in the post above. Please refer to the simple registration process at https://www.lfiguns.com/registration. In fact, please disregard anything else you find anywhere else online other than my website. The registration process may vary from location to location as Massad has different hosts and assistant instructors at each location. We are usually the ones who handle the admin/logistics. At all locations, Massad will accept several forms of proof of a clear background including any current CCW (resident or non-resident from any state), LE ID, military ID, DROS pick up form (within the last 12 months), a clear criminal history check (which can be purchased for around $20 from any police or Sheriff's department) or a current BSIS armed guard card.

The best way to get accurate information is to contact me directly at (209) 401-0907. I'm here to help anyone who's interested in attending.
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Ione, Jackson, Lodi, Manteca, Ripon, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah, Virginia & Washington

www.LFIguns.com - serving Sacramento, Reno, the Central Valley, Foot Hills and Bay Area
Old 06-01-2017, 1:28 PM
Veteran Member

The MAG 40 shows on the calendar but there is no course description.

Can you elaborate please.
Old 06-01-2017, 5:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
The MAG 40 shows on the calendar but there is no course description.

Can you elaborate please.
http://massadayoobgroup.com/mag-40/
Old 06-01-2017, 6:12 PM
Hobnobbin' with a Goblin
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwtrainer View Post
Interesting comment. I'm not sure what your concern is but, we consistently train a ton of people each year. I personally handle all of the registrations for the MAG courses in the Sacramento area.

There's no need to fill out any forms as listed in the post above. Please refer to the simple registration process at https://www.lfiguns.com/registration. In fact, please disregard anything else you find anywhere else online other than my website. The registration process may vary from location to location as Massad has different hosts and assistant instructors at each location. We are usually the ones who handle the admin/logistics. At all locations, Massad will accept several forms of proof of a clear background including any current CCW (resident or non-resident from any state), LE ID, military ID, DROS pick up form (within the last 12 months), a clear criminal history check (which can be purchased for around $20 from any police or Sheriff's department) or a current BSIS armed guard card.

The best way to get accurate information is to contact me directly at (209) 401-0907. I'm here to help anyone who's interested in attending.
Reading under: Overview and Staff
A character reference from either a judge, lawyer or police department stating they have no history of criminal or violent behavior.
Thinking back now, your company or group has no way of knowing who's coming in to train and if I even have a firearm safety certificate or the means to check on the DOJ DROS information, acceptance or denial.
I now see your reasoning but somehow took it as a ccw verify.
-g
Old 07-09-2019, 3:50 PM

The 2019 Massad Ayoob, MAG-40 course will be held on September 19 - 22. Be sure to register before it fills.

Call (209) 401-0907 if you have any questions. I'm happy to help.

We will also be hosting Massad Ayoob and Marty Hayes for the MAG Deadly Force Instructor course on November 6 - 10. For details and registration go to: https://firearmsacademy.com/other-ev...tor-sacramento

Old 07-09-2019, 4:52 PM

I have attended the MAG 40 and MAG 80 with Wes and Mas. In my opinion they were very much worth the price of admission and expenditure of my valuable time. I particularly liked the disarming and weapons retention training in the MAG 80.
I am an attorney and my current practice area centers around evaluating law enforcement use of deadly force. This training is spot on as to the law and the case studies presented really make one think.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw