Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 07-19-2019, 4:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
A CCW here is a "unicorn".
Yup, I spoke w/a Calgunner who got a CCW middle of last year. I applied earlier and just got a nice letter in the mail today. No soup for you!

Well, that pissed away over $100. Oh well. I tried.

For those of you playing along at home, here's a readers digest version:
Application mailed in the first week of April.
I got the letter back on 4/6 for the Live Scan.
Live Scan on 4/18.
The interview was 6/5.
I just got my denial letter today, 7/19 or about 3 months from the date of the Live Scan.

If you want a CCW, I DO suggest you try. They ARE approving them, just not to too many people. You'll never know until you do.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 07-19-2019, 8:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Yup, I spoke w/a Calgunner who got a CCW middle of last year. ...

If you want a CCW, I DO suggest you try. They ARE approving them, just not to too many people. You'll never know until you do.
Yeah, think of all the fast food franchise owners/managers in all of CoCoCo, of all the sandwich shop owners/managers, of all the little shop owners, restaurant owners/managers, gas station owners/managers, jewelry shop owners/managers, the list goes on and on of people who's jobs require them to make regular deposits in cash, often after dark/business hours. Add to that all of the female RE agents and women (and some men) who've got restraining orders against crazy exs who've tried attacking them.... There are TONS of people in CoCoCo would have a solid chance of getting a CCW if they applied.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 09-16-2019 at 8:15 AM..
Old 07-20-2019, 7:05 AM

I applied, got turned down, and kept all the paperwork. If someone ever starts a class action against this County on 2A rights, I'll be one of the class plaintiffs.

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 10-04-2019, 8:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Yeah, think of all the fast food franchise owners/managers in all of CoCoCo, of all the sandwich shop owners/managers, of all the little shop owners, restaurant owners/managers, gas station owners/managers, jewelry shop owners/managers, the list goes on and on of people who's jobs require them to make regular deposits in cash, often after dark/business hours. Add to that all of the female RE agents and women (and some men) who've got restraining orders against crazy exs who've tried attacking them.... There are TONS of people in CoCoCo would have a solid chance of getting a CCW if they applied.
This hit the news just recently. Listen to her screams. Just horrifying.

https://www.kron4.com/news/californi...at-open-house/

"A terrifying attack caught on camera.

A realtor who asked not to be shown on camera was showing a home in Encino on Sunday when she was attacked and her leg battered.

“I think he would’ve raped me, that’s number one, and he would have killed me,” the realtor said.

The realtor said his name was Tom and she got a funny feeling before the attack and move their conversation to the porch, hoping he would leave, but he kept asking questions.

“He said well can I show you the closet? I said no I’m gonna stand out here. So he said can I have water? I said the fridge is right there in the kitchen, you can walk, open the fridge. And he said can I use the bathroom? I said no the owner doesn’t allow anyone to use the bathroom,” she said.

You can hear them talk on the porch and then the man even looks at the camera twice and takes off his hat.

You can clearly see the man’s bald head and face.

The realtor says when he pushed her, he grabbed her chest and she thought he was trying to grab her necklace, but then he took off.

She thinks screaming saved her life.

“I said no matter what I’m just gonna keep screaming until I get help.”

This isn’t the first time she’s seen this man.

She says this guy came to her open house on a bike last week and her gut told her something was strange.

That’s why this weekend she had a friend stay with her at the open house on Sunday for most of the day, but when her friend left, she says Tom showed up.

“I was so lucky, I had a feeling from day one that this person gonna hurt me.”

The realtor says she thinks her attacker may have had a partner.

She saw another man walk by before the attack whom she recognized from the open house the previous week.

Police are investigating but so far they haven’t arrested anyone."

Be safe all.
M&P 15 (Mine)