Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 07-18-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demento19 View Post
It’s likely a confusion between the old process and new one. When I applied in a January before the web application, you needed 2 passport photos. They STILL would take your photo at the interview to put on your license. The passport photo seemed to just get clipped to your application folder. Not really sure what they ever used it for.

For an amendment, they will take a new photo. Also.. they don’t ask to take your old (and not expired) Ccw card. Now I’ve got a backup in case one gets lost. 👍
this is what happened with me as well. with the transition in how the process is going i think it's highly important to follow the directions on the paperwork that is given and have an open communication with the RSO via email. things are changing for the better
Old 07-18-2019, 4:23 PM

Are the interviews at Lemon Street or have they moved to Davis Ave?
Old 07-18-2019, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonhound88 View Post
Are the interviews at Lemon Street or have they moved to Davis Ave?
They are at Davis.
Old 07-18-2019, 8:54 PM

Thank you
Old 07-23-2019, 7:57 PM

Has anyone had issue with the address not being correct in your DL?

My address on my DL is our family home (in Riverside county) but I primarily reside in another city in Riverside county.

My vehicles register to the family home as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2019, 7:39 PM

This is good info. Thanks calgunners
Old 07-26-2019, 6:08 PM

Applying for CCW soon but the address on my license is not current. Do I need a new license first, or will proof of residency such as bills and car registration be enough?
Old 07-26-2019, 8:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsinelascal View Post
Applying for CCW soon but the address on my license is not current. Do I need a new license first, or will proof of residency such as bills and car registration be enough?
Proof of residency proves you live somewhere.

Proof of identity is different.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Proof of residency proves you live somewhere.

Proof of identity is different.
I’m still confused on whether I need a new license from this reply. My address (residency) is not current on my license (id). Was wondering if proof of residency such as car registration would supplement my license with a non-current address since the registration is current and government issued. This is how I buy ammo with the new law. Just trying to save some cash cause I just renewed last year with RealID.
Old 07-27-2019, 6:59 AM

Quote:
I’m still confused on whether I need a new license from this reply. My address (residency) is not current on my license (id). Was wondering if proof of residency such as car registration would supplement my license with a non-current address since the registration is current and government issued. This is how I buy ammo with the new law. Just trying to save some cash cause I just renewed last year with RealID.

It is the law that you have to change your drivers license to show your current address within 30 days of moving. Something tells me that such a serious thing as getting a ccw will require you to have a current address on your drivers license. They don’t take shortcuts with your background I don’t think they’re going to take shortcuts with your License. That is my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2019, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm9398 View Post
It is the law that you have to change your drivers license to show your current address within 30 days of moving. Something tells me that such a serious thing as getting a ccw will require you to have a current address on your drivers license. They don’t take shortcuts with your background I don’t think they’re going to take shortcuts with your License. That is my opinion.

Correction. I think it’s within 10 days of moving. This notification of change of address to the dmv doesn’t give you a new card with the new address so I would call the ccw department leave a message asking for a call back and someone will call you to give you the info you need. My buddy got his permit in 20 days from submitting his application as RSO has stepped up their game. I wouldn’t do anything to slow down the process.

Old 07-27-2019, 8:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm9398 View Post
Correction. I think it’s within 10 days of moving. This notification of change of address to the dmv doesn’t give you a new card with the new address so I would call the ccw department leave a message asking for a call back and someone will call you to give you the info you need. My buddy got his permit in 20 days from submitting his application as RSO has stepped up their game. I wouldn’t do anything to slow down the process.

Thank you very much! Gonna see if I can head to DMV to get a new License. And congrats to your friend, 20 days is quick!
Old 07-27-2019, 9:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Unhappy

Quote:
Thank you very much! Gonna see if I can head to DMV to get a new License. And congrats to your friend, 20 days is quick!
I hope you haven’t left, yet....
Quote:
I’m still confused on whether I need a new license from this reply. My address (residency) is not current on my license (id).
So, you'll identify yourself as a person living somewhere you don’t live.
Quote:
Was wondering if proof of residency such as car registration would supplement my license with a non-current address since the registration is current and government issued.
The utility bills show you pay utilities at a place different from your DL residence. This could be your summer home, your business, your Mom’s house. It doesn’t substantiate that the address is your “domicile”, substantiating your residency.
Quote:
This is how I buy ammo with the new law. Just trying to save some cash cause I just renewed last year with RealID.
There is no requirement that you live in a particular area of CA when buying ammunition. You don’t need to have secondary ID to purchase ammo if you have a RealID or a “Legacy” DL. You will have problems buying a firearm with mismatched documentation.
Quote:
Just trying to save some cash cause I just renewed last year with RealID.
Renewal is FREE
Quote:
How to notify DMV when I change my address

Law states that you must notify DMV within 10 days of changing your address. There is no charge to change your address, and you may notify DMV by any of the following ways:

Complete your Change of Address online.
Call any DMV office at 1-800-777-0133 and request that a change of address form be mailed to you. It will take 5 days for you to receive the form. Complete the information required on the form, then mail it to the address listed at the top of the form.
Download the Change of Address (DMV 14), complete the information, and mail it to the address listed at the top of the form.
Visit any DMV office, complete a change of address form, and give it to a representative to submit for processing. The representative will give you a Change of Address Certificate card (DL 43) to complete and carry with your license.
If you do 2 or 3 above, type or write in ink your new address on a small piece of paper, sign and date it. Carry this piece of paper with your license. Do not tape or staple the change of address information to your driver license.
Clear?

Last edited by Dvrjon; 07-27-2019 at 9:13 AM..
Old 07-27-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I hope you haven’t left, yet....So, you'll identify yourself as a person living somewhere you don’t live.The utility bills show you pay utilities at a place different from your DL residence. This could be your summer home, your business, your Mom’s house. It doesn’t substantiate that the address is your “domicile”, substantiating your residency.
There is no requirement that you live in a particular area of CA when buying ammunition. You don’t need to have secondary ID to purchase ammo if you have a RealID or a “Legacy” DL. You will have problems buying a firearm with mismatched documentation.
Renewal is FREE
Clear?
So it looks like all I need is the DL 43 card providing my current address? I did the address change online when I moved so there was no physical form and I did not receive any confirmation that it was processed by DMV. But months later my registration renewal arrived at my current residence so I’m guessing it was processed. I really appreciate the help!
Old 07-27-2019, 5:54 PM

Are home visits by an investigator and interviews with your neighbors still a part of the CCW process? I remember reading it was a thing in Riverside county a few years ago.
Old 07-27-2019, 6:28 PM
Calguns Addict

My post tells you why you should do it and how you should do it (and gets it for you free!). Now that you know this, and the magic words/forms, you can talk to the IA (call or email) to confirm it’s what they’ll accept. My IA will; yours may not.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infunny_securityman View Post
Are home visits by an investigator and interviews with your neighbors still a part of the CCW process? I remember reading it was a thing in Riverside county a few years ago.
didn't happen to me or anyone i know that got their ccw
Old 07-28-2019, 9:09 PM

so I’m looking to apply for my permit. Currently live in Riverside county but I’m moving to a new apartment on the 23rd of next month. New apartment is still in riverside county. Would I be able to start my application now? Or should I wait until after the move.

Any insight would be appreciated !
Old 07-29-2019, 6:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Picked up the permit on Friday. Overall the online process was a breeze and had to be patient to the sheriff's office to work the kinks out. Also not having to provide Letters of Rec saved a lot of time. The GC statement is still needed however the sheriff's office is very pro-2nd and including it is a formality IMO. Here is my timeline...could've gone sooner but schedule and work conflicted with training days as well as class availability.
Thank you Calguns community!!!
3.25 - Emailed for appt. and was instructed to wait for new online system in April
4.12 - Submitted app
5.31 - Interviewed
6.6 - Livescan
7.10 - Training Course
7.26 - Picked up permit

shuttlecock
Old 07-29-2019, 3:15 PM

Just got my approval email and paid my fees. It says to contact investigator to make appointment to pick up. Did others do this or just go down to unit and pick up?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 4:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekperformance83 View Post
Just got my approval email and paid my fees. It says to contact investigator to make appointment to pick up. Did others do this or just go down to unit and pick up?

I just got approval and paid final payment. Email said to contact investigator for pickup instructions so emailed my investigator, waiting for reply.
Old 07-29-2019, 4:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Call them. I had to wait a few days to get a response from my investigator.

shuttlecock
Old 07-29-2019, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiddi View Post
I just got approval and paid final payment. Email said to contact investigator for pickup instructions so emailed my investigator, waiting for reply.

Pick up was Tuesday to Friday 8am- 2pm for me. No pick up on Monday. But don’t know if they work different schedules.

Old 07-29-2019, 6:01 PM

what am I supposed to bring to my appointment? I applied online and my appointment is next week but the site doesn't say to bring anything, do I just show up with the application packet I printed out?
Old 07-29-2019, 8:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instajc556 View Post
what am I supposed to bring to my appointment? I applied online and my appointment is next week but the site doesn't say to bring anything, do I just show up with the application packet I printed out?
Yes, just bring the printed application packet to your interview. I brought copies of my submitted documents just in case but it wasn't needed. Good luck!
Old 07-29-2019, 8:55 PM

Quote:

Just went down to pick up. No appointment needed.
Old 07-29-2019, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Nope....if you uploaded everything all you need is your DL. I recommend that you have already uploaded everything before your interview. Also if you already have your qualifications, upload that as well...so the only thing left would be your LiveScan after your interview.
Good luck!
Old 07-31-2019, 3:50 PM

I just submitted my online application and uploaded all the required forms. I have an appointment scheduled for 9/3. RSO has sure made this easy.

However, I reviewed everything in the submission packet and noticed a couple of discrepancies with regard to my employer's telephone number, my occupation, and my wife's telephone number. I honestly think it is a bug in the online system.

I contacted the CCW unit by email and alerted them to the discrepancy and omission, and provided the correct info. I've also printed the packet and will update the form with the missing info. Does anyone know if you can amend your online application? Has anyone had any issue with the accuracy of the online form?

I'll report how this goes.
Old 07-31-2019, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Before meeting the standards outlined by mochoo for concealment in the vehicle, the LTC is a, ”...license to carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person..... While some folks may be able to conceal some rifles upon their person, they are not the norm.

You may also find some agencies restrict the caliber of guns to eliminate .223/5.56 and other rifle rounds and is a question you should direct to the Sheriff’s CCW unit before you make plans in that area.
I finally found the answer to my question when submitting my application today. The limitation is indeed with regard to caliber. nothing smaller than .380 and nothing larger than .45 caliber. Which I assume larger only means projectile diameter.
Old 08-02-2019, 3:11 PM

Live scan completed today. Whats been the average timeline from Live Scan results to permit pick up?
Old 08-05-2019, 6:31 PM

Where is the location for the CCW interview, is it the Lemon st address?
Old 08-05-2019, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Where is the location for the CCW interview, is it the Lemon st address?
Riverside County Sheriff's Department
16791 Davis Ave.
Riverside, CA 92518

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2019, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Live scan completed today. Whats been the average timeline from Live Scan results to permit pick up?
Did you already do your class and qualifications?

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 08-05-2019, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper View Post
I just submitted my online application and uploaded all the required forms. I have an appointment scheduled for 9/3. RSO has sure made this easy.

However, I reviewed everything in the submission packet and noticed a couple of discrepancies with regard to my employer's telephone number, my occupation, and my wife's telephone number. I honestly think it is a bug in the online system.

I contacted the CCW unit by email and alerted them to the discrepancy and omission, and provided the correct info. I've also printed the packet and will update the form with the missing info. Does anyone know if you can amend your online application? Has anyone had any issue with the accuracy of the online form?

I'll report how this goes.
You won't be able to amend the submitted application. However, you can let your BG investigator know when you meet with him/her during your interview.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 08-05-2019, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cable Guy View Post
Did you already do your class and qualifications?
Yup, submitted both certificates day after Live Scan was initiated.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Yup, submitted both certificates day after Live Scan was initiated.
I did my livescan a week and a half from my class and qual, and I got my call to pick up 5 days after I completed my class on a saturday. So since the livescan is the one that takes the longest, I would guess between 2-3 weeks after your livescan.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 08-07-2019, 8:58 PM

Default Qualifying near Palm Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cable Guy View Post
I did my livescan a week and a half from my class and qual, and I got my call to pick up 5 days after I completed my class on a saturday. So since the livescan is the one that takes the longest, I would guess between 2-3 weeks after your livescan.
DOJ was super responsive in my case. I got the OK about a week after the live scan. The whole process from application to pick up was less than five weeks.

I live in Palm Springs, so did my quali and test with Phil Contreras who is with Johnnie Woods. Phil has a great history with LAPD, but lives in the desert now. We did the quali at the Palm Springs Gun Club. Qualified with three pistols. I like shooting outside. His phone is 760-902-5089. I still did everything else in Riverside.

As far as cause, I ride motorcycles in desolate areas and they liked that. I fully agree they seemed to want to help you get your CCW.

We ALL owe Sheriff Chad Bianco a big debt of gratitude. I posted in this forum after meeting him when he was running for office and felt he was the real deal with great intentions for Riverside County. The CCW issue is just a start of some really good changes in our county.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:11 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Anyone added a firearm to their existing CCW with the online system? Is it the link with "MODIFY an existing Concealed Carry Weapon License"? If it is, when you fill out the application online the part "Please list ALL firearms to appear on your license - MAX of 6", do you list just the new firearm you're adding and include your existing firearms as well or just the new firearm?
Old 08-09-2019, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiddi View Post
Anyone added a firearm to their existing CCW with the online system? Is it the link with "MODIFY an existing Concealed Carry Weapon License"? If it is, when you fill out the application online the part "Please list ALL firearms to appear on your license - MAX of 6", do you list just the new firearm you're adding and include your existing firearms as well or just the new firearm?
Just added one 4 weeks ago.
Add the newest pistol with your qualifications.
Add the original pistol after.
Upload and wait...you should be good to go. I also emailed and called my investigator and had him look out for it. Took about a week.
Old 08-09-2019, 9:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochoo View Post
Just added one 4 weeks ago.
Add the newest pistol with your qualifications.
Add the original pistol after.
Upload and wait...you should be good to go. I also emailed and called my investigator and had him look out for it. Took about a week.
Sounds straight forward, thank you!