Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 03-07-2019, 7:34 AM
CGSSA Leader

Default .25 Maurader

I got a .25 Maurader for Xmas, it came out if Mac1
Tim tuned it to make 885 FPS with the Benjamin 27.8 gr pellets, I also had tim put the Mac1 Moderator on it, all I can tell you is that this thing is laser accurate, any target within range is a breeze to hit, paired with a Leupold VXll 6-18x40 AO fine duplex reticle.
I'm surprised by it every time I shoot it.
They say that Mauraders are beginner rifles but this is my second and they deliver the goods, I've seen finer rifles but mine performs on another level and for that reason only, I'm happy with my choice, I could have bought a more expensive rifle, after shooting these two I saw no point.
YMMV

Rich
Old 03-08-2019, 2:42 PM

I'm wanting a Marauder but I just can't get myself to spend that kind of money on an air rifle. Something about varmint hunting with air guns keeps me wanting one.
Old 03-08-2019, 2:52 PM

Sounds like a nice setup. Always been a big airgun fan, but I have to agree, "I just can't get myself to spend that kind of money on an air rifle." I have a Benjamin trail 2 and own a Beeman C-1 I bought in the early 80's. I always though it would be cool to go turkey hunting with an air rifle. Apparently it is legal in California.
Old 03-08-2019, 3:49 PM

I have an older buddy that just about sold his entire cache of center fire guns to invest into the PCP world. He's says that he enjoys it more than anything else.
Old 03-09-2019, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I have an older buddy that just about sold his entire cache of center fire guns to invest into the PCP world. He's says that he enjoys it more than anything else.
Well, being that a high mid-tier rifle can cost $2k, a SCBA tank can cost $3-700 and a compressor can cost $700-$3k, unless you want to drive back into town to get your tank recharged during a hunting trip, yes he could easily spend more for a single PCP air gun setup as he can for his entire rifle collection.

I've watched Youtube vids of rifles shooting .40 cal 180g @ 900+ fps at various creatures. That's as powerful as my M&P40 but it's silent. That's awesome.
Old 03-12-2019, 6:21 AM
CGSSA Leader

Ahhh, I've got the fire started!!!
I had an old Beeman R9 in .177, I had Mac1 install a Venom Kit, it shot lights out at 842fps plenty of power for the little guy, I sold it to buy the Marauder .22, that's when things got real interesting, 65 yard shots were a breeze, been shooting it for almost ten years now, when I got that .25 for Xmas OML , I've officially lost it and gone all air. I picked up a scuba tank recently also and man am I blowing through pellets (no pun intended). I hope I can inspire more to at least try it, I get to shoot mine EVERY DAY!

Last edited by RR.44; 03-12-2019 at 12:47 PM..
Old 03-23-2019, 8:11 AM

Nice set up. The critters should be very afraid.

Some people thought I was crazy for spending as much as I did on my pellet guns. “You could have got ______, a real gun” type of responses. They got quiet when I asked how often they shoot their guns and how I can shoot mine anytime I want in my backyard.
Old 03-23-2019, 9:48 AM
I need a LIFE!!

How quiet is it?

Old 03-23-2019, 4:00 PM

A friend's .22 Benjamin Marauder was virtually silent yet very accurate at 50-60 yards. My .30 RAW, owing to the larger caliber, sounds like a pneumatic stapler or air tool at the muzzle. You can easily hear pellets impacting on the target holder's wood frame at 75 yards. The last ground squirrel I shot, I could hear the pellet hit at 55 yards away. (It was a quick, one-shot end for the critter.)
Old 03-23-2019, 8:40 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrob77 View Post
Nice set up. The critters should be very afraid.

Some people thought I was crazy for spending as much as I did on my pellet guns. “You could have got ______, a real gun” type of responses. They got quiet when I asked how often they shoot their guns and how I can shoot mine anytime I want in my backyard.
Some critters have decided not to return for fear of reprisal, my .22 is very quiet, amazingly so, to this day I still can't believe the punch it packs yet be so quiet.
Took a ride to Mac1 today for a trigger job on the .22 MRod, it felt like a rake being dragged through the mud, now it breaks like I want it to, just like the .25 right around 2.5#

PSA, I bought a Hawke scope a while back, the Varmint model 4-16x44, well after many years of steady use it developed a parallax problem, I sent it to Hawke after getting an RMA, well to make a long story short they sent me out a brand new Hawke Vantage 4-16x44, I like the improved Mil Dot reticle over the hashtag type one in my Varmint, Hawke stands behind their products.

Last edited by RR.44; 03-23-2019 at 8:46 PM..
Old 04-30-2019, 9:17 PM
CGSSA Leader

Took the Leupold off of the .25, I wanted a mil Dot so I bought another Hawke scope, this time the Airmax 30 SF 6-24x50 IR with AMR reticle, I just can't get over how clear the glass is, etched in reticle is razor sharp, the turrets have a very positive click, zeroing was a snap, then you can lock the turrets in place, an awesome feature. DonnyFl "KOI" ...