Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:45 AM

Default Newish...

Howdy folks. I'm newish to the gun dealing game (I've been doing in store in KY for almost 18 months), and don't like to exclude anyone. I'll be popping around and may even ask a few questions about CA laws (since I'm still in KY) or shipping laws in order to help our customers out.
Oh, I recently took over dansgunvault on gunbroker.
Old 10-09-2013, 7:39 AM

Hello my name is George, I'm here to familiarize with the site, learn about guns and perhaps to buy/sell. I don't know much about guns, I'm here to learn more about them.
Old 10-09-2013, 7:54 PM

New member from Los Angeles. I have a .38 S&W, and have been using the information on this site in my attempt to buy a 1911. I found it impossible to get almost any gun for a reasonable price in the LA area...so I'm going through GB for the 1911 (likely a S&W). Looking forward to getting more info from this great site.
Old 10-09-2013, 8:32 PM

new to calguns just starting things here. doing my first AR build. any advice greatly appreciated.
Old 10-11-2013, 8:10 AM

Buenos Dias from sunny Kern County. I'm looking forward to learning more about gun laws and legislation. Also, I need serious help with my CCW app.
Old 10-11-2013, 9:08 AM
Veteran Member

Hello and welcome to all the newcomers
Old 10-12-2013, 3:24 PM

Hey good to finally be on with you guys cant wait to share learn and laff it up w/youz people!
Old 10-12-2013, 9:41 PM

Howdy,

I've done some posting and have concluded some business here before, hadn't seen this section before.

I'm a small arms repair technician in a Marine Corps infantry battalion on Camp Pendleton.

I enlisted when I was pretty young and have unfortunately been forced to build my collection of firearms and ammunition as a CA resident. This site is a fantastic repository of knowledge and connections. Cheers.
You cannot escape from the terror of our armies. Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations.
Old 10-13-2013, 5:06 PM

Default New Guy.

How do I post, to introduce me as a newbie?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:22 AM

G'day all. I'm from Aussie and I like "Swede's" M96 that is. Oh and the 17 Remington.
Old 10-16-2013, 2:07 AM

Hi everyone excited to join calguns! I'm currently an NRA member and plan on pursuing the ability to get my ffl soon I'm very young at the age of 22. I also wanna get into a safer way to private gun sales CL is sketchy as hell to me I have a lot to offer so I will probably be posting a lot in trade an sales so look out! I'm a lo pro hunter and blacksmith so if you got steel or a knife brand that you want an opinion on I'm your guy. I collect firearms and have shot a substantial amount of various rounds so pretty knowledgeable about that too other than that I'm a simple dude that's new to forums this is the first I've joined so go easy on me, I look forward to meeting people like me so hit me up
Old 10-18-2013, 9:30 AM

Default New Member Intro and 9mm Question

Ugh..I made this nice long post and then when I hit submit it made me log in and lost it all.

I am new to the forums and new to gun ownership, and have some questions about which 9mm striker-fired pistols to fire. I think I will post that under some other appropriate category, so let me just do the intro and ask a question here.

So I am a 32 year old male who came out to a Cal-Guns event at OnTarget in Laguna Niguel a week or so ago. It really spurred my interest in owning a pistol, and so I am looking into that and evaluating my options. I enjoyed meeting some of the members at the last event (even if 3 out of the 6 I went to dinner with ARE lawyers). I look forward to meeting more of you and learning from your experience!

Now to my question, how do you "join" Cal-Guns? OnTarget gives a discount to members, and I'd like to take advantage of that. Or by joining the forums have I already "joined"?

Look forward to meeting/chatting with some of you!
Old 10-18-2013, 3:39 PM

Hi everyone. I recently joined and wanted to say hi, looking forward to learning from everyone on here
Old 10-19-2013, 9:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17REM View Post
G'day all. I'm from Aussie and I like "Swede's" M96 that is. Oh and the 17 Remington.
ello govna.

welcome to the forum.
Old 10-21-2013, 2:14 AM

New to Calguns and wanted to introduce myself. Just recently returned back to the U.S. to retire from active duty after 24 years of service. I recently partnered up with a local gun store owner in Escondido, Ca. Ambrose Armory and set up shop to continue my passion for working on guns. *I have been building and working on guns for more than 20 years for the military as well as my own. After just a week I have had several satisfied customers one imperticuly that left his M1A with two different Gunsmiths in the area wich names I will not disclose to find out his issue with the gun was not fixed. I am certified and work under a Type 1 & Type 7 FFL most of my training was received at Crane in Indiana as well as some specific manufacturer courses. By no means do I want to be a Gunsmith labeled as a gun butcher if I come across something that is beyond my abilities I have no problem telling them so. *My specialty is working on more modern and current firearms but I can work on the older stuff as well i.e. C&R's. My fees and prices are much less than my competitors at this time to help me make a name for myself. I look forward to meeting some of you soon. Greg(at)ambrosearmory.com
Service will be posted on web site soon. My hours are different than posted on web site.

Last edited by G.Snider; 10-27-2013 at 8:59 PM.. Reason: Can not always get to messages left on calguns.
Old 10-22-2013, 7:59 PM

New guy from San Diego.
Old 10-22-2013, 9:16 PM

Hello. My name is Ryan and I am new to CalGuns. I wasn't raised around guns but around Obama's first term I decided to buy a few guns while I could. I got my Remington 870 long barrel for dove hunting and threw in an H & R break barrel 12 gauge. Soon after I bought my RRA LAR-15 Coyote Rifle at Crossroads of the west. I recently picked up my Remington 870 Tactical and a Glock 34 for my wife. I am learning to reload my rounds and am very thankful for the people and information resources on this site.
Old 10-23-2013, 1:19 PM

Just joined. Excited to learn! Lots of good info!
Old 10-24-2013, 7:39 AM

Hello everybody! I finally registered after posting a WTB thread on Bayarearidersforum about some ammo. I was referred to Calguns by a fellow member.
Old 10-25-2013, 9:49 PM

Brand new member here from the East Bay Area. I just bought my first shotgun and have a few more days to wait for the pick up. I did a lot of research and it regularly lead me back to CalGuns for various information so I figured I would join up. Looking forward to learning from you all and hopefully run into some of you at the ranges.
Old 10-27-2013, 5:08 AM

Hello everyone,

Just an old guy new to the forum. Been a firearm enthusiast for half a century. I am partial to the .45 acp, 1911's, and the Sig P220.

Buck Fynn
Old 10-27-2013, 11:54 AM

Hey everyone,
I'm new to Irvine so I'll probably be checking out the OC subforum a lot. Lots to learn...

JB
Old 10-27-2013, 6:59 PM

Hi All,

I came across this forum about a month ago & after really getting to explore it further, I realized this forum is good stuff & joined. I like the different subject matter on guns here with the focus in CA.
Looking forward to chatting with fellow members!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:23 AM

Hi I'm a new member im here to try to stay updated on any more gun related "laws" not like theres not enough. I'm also here to learn and appreciate and help exercise our 2nd amendment right on the internet. I will probly buy more guns and gun related stuff here.
Old 10-28-2013, 2:19 PM

Just joined after buying my first firearm: Savage Hunter/111 XP chambered in .30-06. Nice to meet everyone!
Old 10-29-2013, 4:02 PM

Default New to CG

Hi everyone, I did some Google searching for California gun laws recently and this site kept popping up, so I figured I should join. I really appreciate all the valuable info posted up here.
Old 10-30-2013, 8:15 AM

Hello All, I would just like to say Hi to everyone. I started hunting and shooting about 1980. I dont want to see every one in California have to follow more gun laws. They have made to many changes in the 33 years that I've enjoyed hunting and shooting sports.

Duck, Duck, GOOSE
Old 11-01-2013, 3:44 PM

Hi all,
New here and a first time gun owner, but not a first time shooter. Used to shoot and compete small and full bore rifle back in England but haven't shot in years. Me and the missus have recently taken up shooting again and we're having a great time!

We're frequently to be found at On Target with her Marlin .22 and his brand new M&P9.... and who knows what else now that we've caught the bug. So, if you see an Englishman shooting badly with an M&P say hi, it might very well be me!!
Old 11-03-2013, 5:33 PM

Whats up everyone, name's gilbert new to the firearms forum. This is a new hobby im picking up. Have a lot to learn. Looking forward to meeting and learning from others. Also just turned 21, currently in the process of buying my first hand gun, the Sig Saur SP2022.
Old 11-04-2013, 9:47 AM

Hello all,
My names Louis Just joined, arsenal is starting to build up and thought might as well have some good folks that have good insight on weapons to learn from.

Looking forward to hear from many of ya.
Old 11-04-2013, 2:11 PM

Hey what's up everyone!

My names Ryan. First time owner (G19). Looking forward to learning from all of you guys here!
Old 11-04-2013, 6:59 PM

Default Acronyms

Could someone please tell me what the following acronyms mean and if there is a place where I can find them?

BUMP
TTT
BTT
WTT (I think this means want to trade.)
WTS (want to sell?)

Any others that I might come across. New to the chatting arena!

Thanks
Old 11-05-2013, 4:29 PM

Default Hellllo Cal gunners! Long time lurker, first time caller.

Just wanted to send out a big THANKS to all you members. This forum has helped me navigate the very mysterious legal rules we have here in CA. I have even taken a pile of the recent CalGuns printouts regarding the past nasty anti-gun assembly bills being pushed through to the local range and guns shops for people to take.

I also have been recently been using the info in the LTC section to help with my CCW process. great info in there!

Again thanks CalGuns for such and awesome site!

-Foxtrot40
Old 11-06-2013, 2:10 PM

Hello everybody. I've been spending some quality time researching and learning a lot on the site. Just wanted to drop a note and say hi. I'm glad that there is such a great resource available!
Old 11-07-2013, 12:15 AM

Default So much to learn so fast!

I am brand new to all of this and would like to know were to start, I was never a gun person until several recent eye opening situations have occurred, including a brazen day time burglary that went terribly wrong for my husband. Its time! how much are the classes with Rudy that I read about on here? I live here in the Madera Ranchos and plan on applying for a CCW permit as well once I have found the right gun. I honestly know nothing, I am in the process of trying to locate the right handgun for me, which in itself is a major learning experience. Yesterday was the first time I fired a handgun, Does anyone have any suggestions? I am out of my element here so any help would help. Thank you. If you knew my history you would say what took you so long to get a gun.....I would have to say "slow learner"
Thanks P
Old 11-07-2013, 9:16 PM

Default Hi Everyone

Hi guys and gals. A friend recommended me to the forum so ill give it a go...Look cool and for a guy like me on a tight budget still trying to build his collections....this looks like a great place... Let the fun begin!!!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:49 PM

Default Newbe girl here

I'm very new to calguns and also a newer CA resident. I signed up to learn more about legislation related to my AR15. And help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-10-2013, 2:03 PM

Hello, just joined. Thanks
IE area
Old 11-12-2013, 4:08 PM

Hey I'm new here , I am a custom knife maker from Northern California near Sacremento I make fixed blades and framelocks and everything in between
Old 11-12-2013, 5:25 PM

New to Cal-Guns. From Nor Cal. Heard some good things about this.