Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Long Distance Shooting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Long Distance Shooting Discuss tools, techniques, tips and theories of long distance shooting

Old 11-22-2017, 10:26 PM

Default Magnetospeed T1000 Target Hit Indicator

FYI, they are now accepting orders and shipping on the 27th.

https://store.magnetospeed.com/colle...nt=37965512577

Last edited by Yerman; 11-22-2017 at 10:29 PM..
Old 11-23-2017, 8:52 AM

150 bucks.... while I'm sure that they have their product dialed in, i don't see the value. And a near miss indicator with no visual feedback as to where it is has little value to me as well. But that may just be me

To show how cheaply this can be done...

shock sensor, 15 bucks (you can make your own for about 5-7)
12V "super bright" red LED - 15
12V relay - 6
12V RC plane/Drone battery - 20
wire - probably in a junk bin somewhere

Total: 56 bucks on the high end

The only reason i roughly know these prices is because i have been playing around with making my own system. But instead of a light at the target, i am using a cheap 2 mile radio that will ping each other when shot so it will light up a light by the shooter. Its proving to be a much more elegant system so far. Just need to fine tune the reset time with different springs/rubber dampers.

if they wanted to bring something to market, this should of been it.
Old 11-25-2017, 9:57 PM

Sure am interested in your below DIY lighting. Any links and jock how tos would be greatly appreciated.

I am hitting blm land next month and would love some homemade lighting indicators.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotoriousmo View Post
150 bucks.... while I'm sure that they have their product dialed in, i don't see the value. And a near miss indicator with no visual feedback as to where it is has little value to me as well. But that may just be me

To show how cheaply this can be done...

shock sensor, 15 bucks (you can make your own for about 5-7)
12V "super bright" red LED - 15
12V relay - 6
12V RC plane/Drone battery - 20
wire - probably in a junk bin somewhere

Total: 56 bucks on the high end

The only reason i roughly know these prices is because i have been playing around with making my own system. But instead of a light at the target, i am using a cheap 2 mile radio that will ping each other when shot so it will light up a light by the shooter. Its proving to be a much more elegant system so far. Just need to fine tune the reset time with different springs/rubber dampers.

if they wanted to bring something to market, this should of been it.
Old 11-27-2017, 8:09 AM

Im still working in the RF indicator. I want to get to the point where i will have targets each on their own channel so it will all be tied to one receiver. But ill have to wait until i have some free time to code the adriuno to keep the receiver scanning.

It will be a few weeks until i get back to it, currently i am getting ready to move across the country so it isnt high on my list. But ill but the files on thingiverse so you can print the enclosures and have a list of materials/instructions.

as for the normal light indicator, it is pretty simple. The sensor gets placed onto the target(or stand depending on the sensitivity of it). run the wires off the sensor to a relay. relay wires to the battery/led lights. you may need to play around with the sensor with some dampening foam if you buy one of the common 504/508 piezo sensors meant for car alarms. As for enclosures, i design and 3D print mine. but a good alternative is to get those automotive LED pods.