Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 04-22-2007, 9:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Need some good recommendations on an a2 scope setup.

k guys. I just sold my eotech, and need to get a new setup. I have a a4 flattop upper, and a rear arms#40 buis. My goal is to get a quality scope for short range to midrange shooting, need excellent eye relief, and my budget is up to $700, but would like to spend less if I can. Note, most of my shooting will be midrange. I also need recommendations on the mount and rings which is included in the budget. i am considering the leupold 3-9x x 40mm ($500), and the Nikon Monarch Scope 3-9x 40mm BDC Reticle Matte which i think packs on hell of a punch especially for the price for $230. Anything else should I be looking at? Is the leupold worth the extra bucks?

Last edited by PistolPete75; 04-23-2007 at 9:51 AM..
Old 04-23-2007, 6:44 AM
Veteran Member

First off, you have an a4 upper, not an a2.

Second, consider the Bushnell 10x40 tactical. It’s made in Japan, has pretty good glass, has mil-dots, and also has great turrets.
Old 04-23-2007, 7:09 AM
Veteran Member

Darn it.. I don't recall seeing a EOTech for sale from you! Anyhow, I would go with a fixed 4X power scope from IOR Valdada like this one: http://www.swfa.com/pc-2802-292-ior-...fle-scope.aspx

I would match them with the IOR Heavy Duty Tactical rings. I have a set sitting on top of of my 308 700P.. they get the job done. Not the cheapest.. but worth it.
Old 04-23-2007, 9:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Darn it.. I don't recall seeing a EOTech for sale from you! Anyhow, I would go with a fixed 4X power scope from IOR Valdada like this one: http://www.swfa.com/pc-2802-292-ior-...fle-scope.aspx

I would match them with the IOR Heavy Duty Tactical rings. I have a set sitting on top of of my 308 700P.. they get the job done. Not the cheapest.. but worth it.
cause you know, i always got the good deals! sold my eotech to someone on the wtb..section.
Old 04-25-2007, 7:55 AM
In Memoriam

Check out this scope.
Decent price, looks very promising.
Has orders for over 400 units.
I have one reserved
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=315758
Old 04-25-2007, 8:08 AM
Banned

I just bought a version of the Leupold 3-9x x 40mm scope for 145.00 its a very nice scope.

But then there is always this scope from bushmaster. It's still in my purchase list from bushmaster YES Even if its made in china.

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/s...rt39x40tak.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete75 View Post
k guys. I just sold my eotech, and need to get a new setup. I have a a4 flattop upper, and a rear arms#40 buis. My goal is to get a quality scope for short range to midrange shooting, need excellent eye relief, and my budget is up to $700, but would like to spend less if I can. Note, most of my shooting will be midrange. I also need recommendations on the mount and rings which is included in the budget. i am considering the leupold 3-9x x 40mm ($500), and the Nikon Monarch Scope 3-9x 40mm BDC Reticle Matte which i think packs on hell of a punch especially for the price for $230. Anything else should I be looking at? Is the Leupold worth the extra bucks?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:09 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiAutoSam View Post
It's still in my purchase list from bushmaster YES Even if its made in china.
I don't care that it's made in China as much as it's a crappy copy of a sub-par scope. The rangefinding is confusing and the POI likes to shift around (on the real $800 USGI ones)...
Old 05-03-2007, 11:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
I don't care that it's made in China as much as it's a crappy copy of a sub-par scope. The rangefinding is confusing and the POI likes to shift around (on the real $800 USGI ones)...
Sorry for the interruption and the thread drift, but Xeno, what does the above statement mean?

Can you clarify?

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-06-2007, 9:54 PM
In Memoriam

Using the BDC and their funky ranging=wandering zero.