Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 05-27-2020, 6:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Ideal for Los Angeles County to issue CCW

It hit me this morning that crime is starting to rise in Los Angeles County again. Emptying of the jails is probably the main reason for that... LA County Sheriff Alex Villanueva has publicly announced budget problems (caused by County Supervisors cutting his budget because they really don't like him). I'm trying to think up a sales pitch that says "CCW Permit Issuing will help."

I know CCW permits are fixed price/fee, however, there are ways around this with "options".

1) Fast track option where the person applying supplies a DOJ COE for approval, saving the Sheriff's department the labor/money.
2) Required training could be through a school that gives kickback money to the Dept. Licencing/endorsement I believe is the word.
3) Sheriff could request a once-a-year ride along to help augment his staff.
4) Obvious direct cash flow from +10,000 law abiding people applying and maintaining those permits year after year.

Any other ideas on how to sweeten this for him? He may do it just to rub it in the Super's faces at this point. They really hate each other.
Old 05-27-2020, 7:28 AM
Calguns Addict

He won’t do it. He rather turn friendly with the board than issue.

iTrader
Old 05-27-2020, 9:54 AM

LA is simply NOT going to issue CCW's. They will continue to thumb there middle finger at the 2nd Amendment. There is no rhyme or reason other than their hate for the concept of allowing their citizens to carry guns. You will have to move. I did.

Last edited by robert101; 05-27-2020 at 9:59 AM..
Old 05-27-2020, 10:24 AM
Calguns Addict

You'll need to be a BIG movie star or BIG political donor.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:31 AM

He has already stated that increasing the amount of guns "on the streets" in the hands of otherwise law abiding citizens will increase crime, specifically referring to the CCW license. Keep in mind that an elitist not only believes that they have the right to determine what you can own, they also believe that they are entitled to the products of your labor. If he needs money, he'll find a way to force you to pay for it, without just compensation. Don't worry, the citizens will be happily complicit in any scheme that he develops.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:33 PM
retired Goon

FWIW...

Supposedly, during the late-1990s to early-2000s, LASD Sheriff Lee Baca was open to the idea of issuing conditional (restricted use) CCW permits for a $10,000 application fee and $5,000 renewal fee.

It was an outgrowth of his "special reserve deputies program" that was utilized by Hollywood "celebrities" as a means for them to have LEO powers and be able to conceal carry. This program was shut down within a year due to various incidents (brandishing, excessive force, etc) involving the people that were enrolled in the program.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 05-28-2020, 12:35 AM
Veteran Member

The celebrity reserve program had no celebrities, just a bunch of rich businessmen. No celebrity outreach was done as was intended by the program.
Old 05-28-2020, 4:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

OP, you are living in a pipe dream. It simply won't happen. As another member said above. Move. I lived in L.A. County for most of my life. I moved six years ago and now I have my CCW.

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 05-28-2020, 5:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert101 View Post
LA is simply NOT going to issue CCW's. They will continue to thumb there middle finger at the 2nd Amendment. There is no rhyme or reason other than their hate for the concept of allowing their citizens to carry guns. You will have to move. I did.
It is very clear why they will not let the black community carry guns in LA. They just won’t come out and tell you the real reason because it is against the law. Hence the general nonsense of nobody gets one just because LA(I) said so.
Old 05-28-2020, 5:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Best bet is winning some type of Carry from SCOTUS, perhaps as soon as before this July 1st.
Old 05-28-2020, 1:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Let me tell you how controlling the idiot Villainueva is. His own civilian staff (Corrections officers, professional staff like nurses) who work with inmates do not get CCWs. You think he will issue a mere peon like you a permit?
Old 05-28-2020, 2:07 PM
Veteran Member

AFAIK their non-sworn never got CCWs.
Old 05-28-2020, 2:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Clueless dreamer.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post
He has already stated that increasing the amount of guns "on the streets" in the hands of otherwise law abiding citizens will increase crime, specifically referring to the CCW license. Keep in mind that an elitist not only believes that they have the right to determine what you can own, they also believe that they are entitled to the products of your labor. If he needs money, he'll find a way to force you to pay for it, without just compensation. Don't worry, the citizens will be happily complicit in any scheme that he develops.
You know what is amazing about this clueless statement, is that it is patently false, go figure. We all know that it is false but it is also backed by statistics and one of the most interesting statistics is the fact that licensed CCW permit holders across the USA are MORE law abiding than sworn LEO's and are arrested for crimes at a lower rate than sworn LEO's. Just saying.....
Old 05-29-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
AFAIK their non-sworn never got CCWs.
The last list of CCW permit holders that I saw had quite a few non-sworn members of the department on it.

Contrary to a lot of popular belief, contributors to the Sheriff's campaign fund were not present on the list. I only saw one person, whose employer was a large contributor, that had been issued a CCW permit. But he was also a reserve deputy and they were regularly issued CCW permits.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member

They may have in specific cases but the non-sworn aren't by their position in the department guaranteed a CCW.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
They may have in specific cases but the non-sworn aren't by their position in the department guaranteed a CCW.
That's true. But your statement, that I responded to, was that non-sworn "NEVER got CCW's" (emphasis added).

And I should also note that the non-sworn folks that were issued CCW's tended to be the very senior members of the Sheriff's headquarters staff. I didn't see any line level non-sworn on the list.
Old 05-30-2020, 1:33 PM
Veteran Member

Exactly. It's got nothing to do with their non-sworn status and more in line with who you know.
Old 05-31-2020, 4:56 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Give it up. It won't happen and it isn't even worthy of a discussion!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

Old 05-31-2020, 5:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Los Angeles is 2-3 days away from permits being irrelevant.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:10 AM

The Sheriff is hosting a virtual town hall for residents in Santa Clarita on June 11th between 2pm and 4pm. Even though it won't make a difference, we should call in and make our voices heard regarding CCW's in the county.

https://www.hometownstation.com/sant...sidents-329890

There is a link in the story to register for the event.
Old 06-01-2020, 4:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelZeroSix View Post
The Sheriff is hosting a virtual town hall for residents in Santa Clarita on June 11th between 2pm and 4pm. Even though it won't make a difference, we should call in and make our voices heard regarding CCW's in the county.

Why waste your time? move to a friendly CCW county and you will get your permit. You say you are in SCV? Move down the road on the 126 to Fillmore, which is in Ventura County and you will get your permit. All other comments on the subject are worthless and meaningless as you won't get a CCW in L.A. County!

Old 06-01-2020, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
Why waste your time? move to a friendly CCW county and you will get your permit. You say you are in SCV? Move down the road on the 126 to Fillmore, which is in Ventura County and you will get your permit. All other comments on the subject are worthless and meaningless as you won't get a CCW in L.A. County!
Because 10 million people can't move to another County. He have to fight the good fight where we're at. Sheriff is just a politican. A bad one it seems, but one none-the-less. If this one isn't moved than there will be another one at some point we can work on. All it takes is one yes and +10,000 permits will get issued to law abiding citizens.
Old 06-01-2020, 5:55 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up. I signed up. God willing we have 1000 Calguns people call in and make it all about CCW. That's similar to the hard poke we gave Fish and Wildlife when they started messing with delaying the fishing season over this Covid stuff. Thousands of anglers called in and overwellmed the system. It was so bad Gaven had to address it during his daily Covid chat.
Old 06-01-2020, 9:41 AM

Now with all of the civil unrest problems, CCW concerns will not even be addressed. They aren't stopping the looters at this point.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert101 View Post
Now with all of the civil unrest problems, CCW concerns will not even be addressed. They aren't stopping the looters at this point.
Exactly why we need CCW. If the police won't show up, we're on our own.
Old 06-01-2020, 2:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpful_Cub View Post
Exactly why we need CCW. If the police won't show up, we're on our own.
Do you honestly think they give a two-bit **** about you being on your own?
In case you wondered........they don't.
Move to Kern county; Donny takes great care of the folks!
Old 06-01-2020, 2:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by splithoof View Post
Do you honestly think they give a two-bit **** about you being on your own?
In case you wondered........they don't.
Move to Kern county; Donny takes great care of the folks!
Sad but true. In another thread, LA chief and Sheriff hand out cards to protesters

iTrader
Old 06-02-2020, 3:22 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpful_Cub View Post
Because 10 million people can't move to another County. He have to fight the good fight where we're at. Sheriff is just a politican. A bad one it seems, but one none-the-less. If this one isn't moved than there will be another one at some point we can work on. All it takes is one yes and +10,000 permits will get issued to law abiding citizens.
Not all 10 million will want CCW. Give it up as it won't happen. You are wasting your time!!!!!

Old 06-02-2020, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Big Jake - stop trolling. I signed up! We LA County residents need to make our voices heard to enact real change. People are right, the sheriff is a politician - get loud enough and things will change.
Old 06-03-2020, 3:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0805 View Post
Big Jake - stop trolling. I signed up! We LA County residents need to make our voices heard to enact real change. People are right, the sheriff is a politician - get loud enough and things will change.
I'm not trolling. I am being honest. It is simple math and you don't seem to understand that. There are simply too many antis and anyone who is elected sheriff will not issue a CCW to regular people. You will not get a CCW in L.A. County. Period, end of story. It is your time to waste so have at it and good luck!

Last edited by Big Jake; 06-05-2020 at 3:47 AM..
Old 06-03-2020, 4:31 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm not trolling. I am being honest. it is simple math and you don't seem to understand that. There are simply too many antis and anyone who is elected sheriff will not issue a CCW to regular people. You will not get a CCW in L.A. County. Period, end of story. It is your time to waste so have at it and good luck!
100%

Politics at play here, as always.
Old 06-03-2020, 7:39 AM

Quote:
I'm not trolling. I am being honest. it is simple math and you don't seem to understand that. There are simply too many antis and anyone who is elected sheriff will not issue a CCW to regular people. You will not get a CCW in L.A. County. Period, end of story. It is your time to waste so have at it and good luck!

Agree with Big Jake.

My cousin used to be a jailer, he didn’t like to be called this, they preferred correctional officers, for LA county; applied for CCW because of threats from inmates. He was denied repeatedly.

He moved to San Diego and working for San Diego Sheriff as a jailer; he got his CCW automatically, his words. It must be true since it showed CCW on his jailer ID.This was way before Sheriff Gore changed his issuing policy.

It just won’t happen in LA county for regular Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2020, 7:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedM333 View Post
Agree with Big Jake.

My cousin used to be a jailer, he didn’t like to be called this, they preferred correctional officers, for LA county; applied for CCW because of threats from inmates. He was denied repeatedly.

He moved to San Diego and working for San Diego Sheriff as a jailer; he got his CCW automatically, his words. It must be true since it showed CCW on his jailer ID.This was way before Sheriff Gore changed his issuing policy.

It just won’t happen in LA county for regular Joe.

He was denied under Baca/McDonnell? It’s probably the same under AV.

iTrader
Old 06-03-2020, 8:46 AM
Veteran Member

I have never heard of any LA Sheriff saying anything pro-2A for the citizens. Most chiefs are the same way.
Old 06-03-2020, 9:11 AM

Default Ideal for Los Angeles County to issue CCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
He was denied under Baca/McDonnell? It’s probably the same under AV.

I am not quite sure who was the Sheriff but it was back in 2004-2005.

Last edited by LoadedM333; 06-05-2020 at 1:31 PM..
Old 06-05-2020, 12:25 AM

Default Signed up! Thanks

Quote:

Signed up! Lets try talk some reasonable sensible options. Fact is 99.99999% of ccw holders in Ca realize its a "privilege" and dare not do anything to jeopardize that.
Old 06-05-2020, 3:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo818 View Post
Signed up! Lets try talk some reasonable sensible options. Fact is 99.99999% of ccw holders in Ca realize its a "privilege" and dare not do anything to jeopardize that.
There are no "sensible options" for CCW issuance in L.A. County. They simply will not issue to regular citizens. You can discuss it all you want. At the end of the day you will not get a permit. You are truly a wasting your time, however, as I posted above. It is your time to waste so have at it!

Old 06-05-2020, 6:03 AM

Quote:
There are no "sensible options" for CCW issuance in L.A. County. They simply will not issue to regular citizens. You can discuss it all you want. At the end of the day you will not get a permit. You are truly a wasting your time, however, as I posted above. It is your time to waste so have at it!
Once again. You're 100% correct.

"They" have already made up their mind a long time ago. It has absolutely nothing to do with sensibility either. They know all the data there is to know. It simply does not matter what you place in front of them. They do not want you or I to own or posses a firearm.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:

That I already know. I am asking specifically for a LEO’s off the record opinion in this current climate. How would he/she handle it? It’s also your time to waste to answer everyone who brings up the subject of ccw/LA county. So you also, have at it.