Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > LAX Range & Ammo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LAX Range & Ammo Hosted by www.laxammo.com

Old 05-05-2020, 10:51 PM

Default Awful Service/Experience!

Hands down the worst shooting range experience (20 year competition shooting veteran here) I've ever come accross. Ammo shop people have awful attitude, unprofessional, using profanity and threatening customers. Make you walk around the block to access the other side of the building where the range is.
The range is another story. We got yelled at, got berated, cursed at by the employees. All started because we couldn't get their door open when they buzz you in. Then they said because we had a child with us, we couldn't go in. However they couldn't give us a minimum age!
My friend bought the wrong size gun cleaning kit (not even 15 minutes before from them), they wouldn't allow return, saying we don't have receipt (we put it in the car)! Make matters worse they said "how do we know you didn't empty the box"?? It's still wrapped and we JUST bought it!!
Later, awful attitude, throwing things at us (safety glasses, etc).

Man, the people working here must be treated like stray dogs because THEY HATED their lives! You can't make this stuff up!! Worst service I've ever seen.

Anyone else had similar experience?
Old 05-16-2020, 10:15 AM

Yes, I have been to the range a number of times over the last 20 years.
I personally prefer outdoor ranges (cleanliness of the air) but I have friends that want to just shoot locally from time to time for just a few hours so I join them to help get new people to firearms get accustomed.
Yes, the range employees are impatient and have terrible customer skills. Think about it...If you were treated at a restaurant or Disneyland the same way, do you think the employee would have his/her job for very long?
One positive comment is that the range is safe. They keep eyes and monitor the shooters well. They are always staring at me through the glass since I don't look like LE or ex-GI fresh out of combat zone.
Your experience at the range is really unexcuseable. I don't mind if someone gets yelled at or treated sternly for a firearm safety violation(Violation, only. You don't need to be yelled at for explaining rules or answering questions.) Buzzing through the door, the child on the range with an adult or the product purchase HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RANGE SAFETY.
My observation is that the range is too busy. They do not have time to be nice or think about how to handle non-standard issues. That says to me employees are just simply not very smart. They could have asked which employee helped you make the purchase to verify. They really should just take small merchandise back and segregate the item out for later inspection/open box discount. It is the "cost of doing business" and keeping customers happy is the point to allow you to buy more later. Having to think about a solution is difficult for some.
I strongly urge you to direct friends and others to other businesses and ranges. You may have to drive farther but that is better than spending the rest of the day/evening with anger smoke coming out of your ears afterward. You will spend more time driving to and at outdoor ranges but you also get to snack on food easier. Customer service needs have been gradually forgotten in this country. There no good reason to cater to businesses that cannot get this right.

Last edited by walkonmars; 05-16-2020 at 8:46 PM..
Old 05-16-2020, 10:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Nope

Zero issues with LAX

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 05-29-2020, 9:59 AM

The owner is the same way. Dealt with him a couple time at Costa Mesa gun show. I didn’t even ask any stupid questions. Complete jackass.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:03 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

never been there.
i do often buy ammo from lax oc, but they don't have a range.
in the beginning, there was some dickeshness, but they seem better now although that might be because they know me by now.
Old 06-24-2020, 8:42 PM

Sucks that you had such a bad experience. Every time I’ve gone, they’ve been I really pleasant and accommodating. I was given contradicting information about their membership plan though. Disappointed, but luckily it wasn’t a big deal.
Old 08-30-2020, 5:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

They built their business over the years with the range, then they opened the ammo side. They take advantage of their local customers, exploiting the fact we can't buy online charging much higher prices in-store vs online. When you call them out on it they are trained to lie. Responding "online customers need to pay for shipping" I replied "There's no shipping if I'm picking it up now" then they just stand there looking stupid and say "You have to speak the owner and he's not here". Furthermore extreme price gouging during Covid times. The owner is definitely an absolute scumbag.
Old 11-08-2020, 6:42 PM

I've bought ammo at the San Diego location a few times and the employees there are always friendly and patient. Anytime I've asked for recommendations, they ask a few questions and give me a seemingly reasonable(at least price wise) option. No complaints down this way.