Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > AR500 Armor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2016, 2:11 PM

I think a lot of members are confused on this thread.

AR500 ARMOR (this subforum)
and
AR500-TARGETS

ARE TWO DIFFERENT COMPANIES

AR500 Armor is based in AZ
http://www.ar500armor.com/ (go to the bottom of the page for their address)

AR500-Targets is local to SoCal
http://www.ar500-targets.com/aboutus.asp

Seems like the OP was posting about AR500 Armor.
I dealt with AR500-Targets before. They are very responsive.
I have not dealt with AR500 Armor though.

AR500 (Abrasion Resistant) describes the hardness of steel.
It is a rating system for how strong a target is. They also have AR400 and AR500+ for targets.
Old 11-21-2016, 4:50 AM

We ship same day and will never run you around. We also offer a much better target solution.

THE MOST INNOVATIVE TARGET SOLUTION ON THE MARKET

SIMPLE = AFFORDABLE

10% off to Calgunners !! Use code: CALGUNS10
www.hangfasttargets.com
Old 11-28-2016, 4:17 PM
Veteran Member

It took a while to get an order from these people and I was in the same seat but am super impressed with how everything turned out.
It gave me a sense that the "NOW NOW NOW NOW" generation got the best of me and quickly re-thought my stance on the company.
Their gear is second to none and I thank them moving forward for dependable gear.
Look at the Middle Ages, up to NOW and how long it took to produce reliable body armor, be it chains or crappy flak jackets, I'd put my dime on AR.
Just saying
Old 12-19-2016, 7:29 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win231 View Post
^^^Spot-on response! Some people want to feel they've accomplished something & their only triumph in life is "I got lotsa posts."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Lee View Post
Then how do you feel about I-trader scores? Huh?
Since I have either bought someone else's used stuff or unloaded my own poor purchasing choices at least 9 times, I'm clearly 9 times better than you. I would have aimed this retort at the other guy but according to his I-trader rating, he's about 4 times the man I am.
Most, if not all of the members with high post counts are just bags of hot air. Mindless talking heads who are overly impressed with themselves.

And don't get me started on that phony baloney iTrader nonsense either. It's all a bunch of hooey!
Old 12-22-2016, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member

I was going to avoid AR500 due to this thread but they had a great Black Friday sale and I was prepared for a long long wait according to comments. Well I was pleasantly surprised, I got the order in 3 weeks and the product is great and even better price. So I guess this is a positive review for anyone considering them:

Old 01-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Calguns Addict

lucky you. I'm still waiting for my order. still in processing according to them. not gonna start raising hell for a bit. you know they told me 2 weeks haha
Old 01-04-2017, 10:48 AM

I placed an order from Ar500 back in November 2016 (might have been Oct) after hearing/reading many mixed reviews. I ordered a plate carrier and plates with an expected lead time of 5 weeks. The box was on my doorstep about a week later. Maybe I just got lucky?
Old 01-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Calguns Addict

yesterday was the two weeks they requested I wait still nothing shipped. I emailed them again this morning for an update.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osis32 View Post
yesterday was the two weeks they requested I wait still nothing shipped. I emailed them again this morning for an update.
I think I waited 3-4 months for mine.
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
Old 01-12-2017, 6:33 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't mind waiting at all I just don't like being strung along or not given any eta. their response was that it should be shipped soon but they don't really know when. so I'll just sit on my hands and wait. disappointing but I knew what I was signing up for. I'm gonna get a set of Spartan next time they go on sale just to compare and have any extra set.
Old 01-14-2017, 4:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFarmer74 View Post
I think I waited 3-4 months for mine.
i got a carrier and CATI AR500 steel plates off eBay in about 7 days.

burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns
Old 01-14-2017, 4:56 PM

I've ordered from ar500 armor and waited forever and a day. Spartan armor systems has always shipped fast for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2017, 6:14 PM
Calguns Addict

sent another email requesting an update. probably will be just as informative as the last. haha
Old 01-28-2017, 9:28 PM
Calguns Addict

everything is supposed to be here Tuesday. I think that's about 9 weeks. I asked them to throw in one of their special metal coat hangers for making me wait. we'll see what's in my package.
Old 02-10-2017, 9:22 AM
I need a LIFE!!

For heavy steel, Maingun.biz ships fast with no B.S. I bought from Cati as well and remember no delays.

.25" Patriot Plates are in-stock, but the .18" 6 pounders are not.

https://www.maingun.biz/Body_Armor_S...tevaluetwo.htm
Old 02-12-2017, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguous216 View Post
Legal action? Go see Judge Judy. Come on. Dispute it with PayPal and dunzo. No need for FTC and Judge Judy.
Judge Judy is anti-gun hoe.
Old 04-05-2017, 9:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just wanted to add my experience. I ordered a pair of their 10X12 lightweight level III plates last Monday at 8:00 PM. The plates were delivered to me by Friday.
Old 07-25-2018, 2:41 PM

I ordered a empty multicam ifak pouch on the 3rd, its the 25th now. Still processing.
Very frustrating as it said it was in stock and I didn't see any lead times. Email reply told me to wait till next week, Fudge.
Old 07-25-2018, 2:48 PM

Meh, mine took 3 months to arrive. Didn’t mind waiting since I’m not gonna go to war anytime soon where I’m gonna NEED my armor or plate carrier then and there.
Old 07-25-2018, 3:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Lightbulb

I ordered an IFAK and a couple of CATs from them in April. They said 2 weeks on delivery, & they arrived in 2 weeks. No complaints.
Old 01-10-2019, 5:34 AM

Here's my experience, i placed an order for a carrier and a plate on 12/27/18. The next day i realized i wanted a different set up. I placed another order on 12/28/18 with the advertised lead time of 2 weeks. On 12/31/18 i called them to cancel my first order. I was placed on hold for less than a minute before speaking to a rep. I asked to cancel my first order. Total time on phone less than 5 minutes. Moments later received confirmation of cancellation and refund. I received my order on 1/9/19 less than the advertised lead time. As for the gear, i am thoroughly impressed with build quality of both carrier and plates. 10 out of 10 would do business with again!

Last edited by Bruce3; 01-10-2019 at 5:36 AM..
Old 03-19-2019, 6:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I ordered two steel plates (front/rear) from ar500armor and received the ordered items very fast and exactly as ordered - coating, shape, size, etc was all correct.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

Sorry OP you had an issue. Persistence pays off. I'd be surprised if they didn't make it right.
Old 04-30-2019, 2:46 AM

I ordered a plate carrier with their black friday sale, and it shipped relatively quickly and came with everything i ordered. I will definitely buy from them again as the carrier and plates are a great price.
Old 06-17-2019, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico1404 View Post
I agree with needing positive customer service. $1,000.00 on goods already paid in full. Yes call me back or have my shipment tracking number ready.

For $100 order they should be on point, a $1,000 order should come with a thank you and smile, especially in today's market.
God forbid they would just have customer service skills.
Old 10-26-2019, 2:04 PM

My experience. Ordered a set of plates and a vest during the Memorial Day weekend sale. Just got my order this weekend about 5 months after ordering. Customer service was always great when asking about updates but the lead time was a little unrealistic. I’d order again but be be cautious of the lead time.
Old 04-08-2020, 7:13 PM

Ordered on Black Friday and still haven’t received my vests. Bunch of lying customers service people who have no clue. Don’t order from them.
Old 07-21-2020, 5:34 PM

Well now I'm worried. Purchased their AR500 Armor® Testudo Gen 2 Independence Day Package earlier this month. Site says 3-6 week wait. I'd start to express concern after 100 days like the OP.
Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000.
The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.
Old 07-28-2020, 6:43 AM

Well BC9696,
I ordered something similar beginning of March order still shows as "processing". While I know they are automated, it is a bit annoying to receive sale notifications and "Hey, we notices you were looking at X" emails form them while an order is still pending.

Edit:
Ordered March 21, 6~x week lead time quoted * (need to look up X)
Order status updated to Expedited Processing:
Order status updated to Picking qeue: (on or about Aug 12th)
Shipped August 25 with Fedex tacking number
Received:

Overall not as bad as bushmaster that took two years to deliver my buddy's AR upper two years after taking the order( long before the commie coof).

Last edited by eLVtXyuG; 08-25-2020 at 7:23 AM..
Old 08-08-2020, 4:51 AM

I got my products around 17 weeks later. This is the longest time I have ever had to wait to receive a product.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:31 PM

Ordered on 7/8/20 with a 3-6 week wait according to the website. Three weeks later I get this automated message:

Hello,

This automated email is designed to potentially answer your questions efficiently based on keywords in your email, in an effort to answer any questions you may have without having to wait for a customer service representative to reply to your email.

While we do sometimes beat our lead time, they are generally an accurate measurement system. We make our armor as it is ordered, and do not keep large quantities of armor on hand, which allows you to get the most out of the armor's shelf life, and ensures that you are getting top of the line materials and the most recent manufacturing process. Unfortunately, this also means that when we experience large influxes of orders such as we have over the past several months, our lead times increase dramatically and quickly. We know that, especially given current events, you are anxious to receive your order, but unless your order has shipped or goes over the lead time, the customer service department receives no updates about your order and cannot physically check your order status as we are currently working remote. If your order ships before the lead time is up you will receive an email with tracking information, and at the end of your lead time if your order has not yet shipped you will receive an email stating that we are over your lead time. We ask that so long as you are in your posted lead time to please refrain from calling or emailing for status checks, as we will not have any further information and are currently overwhelmed with contact requests by email and telephone. We will get your order out as quickly as we can, and thank you for your patience.

If your order is over the lead time, we apologize for the delay. We are currently anticipating that the majority of orders that have gone over their lead time will ship within 2-3 weeks of their lead time date, due to a delay in some of our orders being shipped between our textiles facility and our warehouse. If your order is outside of this time frame, please reply to this email and we will look into your order and provide a status update. Thank you for your patience.

If this has answered your questions, please do not reply to this email. If this has not or further action is required, please reply to this email and a representative will answer as soon as they are available. If you do not reply to this email the ticket will be closed automatically.

Thank you, and we appreciate your business!

Very Respectfully,

Customer Service
AR500 Armor®

17431 N Black Canyon Hwy │ Phoenix, AZ 85023
Phone: 602.501.9607 ext 1│ Email: support@ar500armor.com

I emailed the company and dealt with a couple of guys there but they seemed more interested in arguing with me than filling the order. Then I saw another sale being promoted and suggested they fill their backorders before having yet another sale. Our email exchanges went downhill from there and i after 6 weeks i submitted a one star review to Yelp. That lead to even more emails from the company and I basically said shut up and fill my order. I won't be wasting any more time arguing with you.

Shortly thereafter my order arrived and I revised my review. Their products seem okay but their customer care dept doesn't care. Ya gotta kick em in the digital nuts to get your order. Lesson learned. Always Google reviews before buying from anyone.
Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000.
The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.
Old 01-22-2021, 7:25 PM

Long lead times. Surly customer support. Endless ads coming in by email. No product delivered yet and it is coming up on 5th month. Avoid this company if you have the choice.
Old 01-25-2021, 8:40 AM

My order made Black Friday, 2020 has already exceeded 9 weeks with no ETA from customer service which I contacted via their online chat. Original was 4-6 weeks and it still lists 4-6 weeks for new purchases online! Very frustrating!
Old 02-04-2021, 11:25 PM
Banned

I tried to cancel through their automated email system and I'm still in the dark if it's actually really cancelled. I'm going to call tomorrow and if no one picks up, I'm going to do a chargeback. You only got 90 days protection on most credit cards and it's coming up.
Old 02-14-2021, 8:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
I tried to cancel through their automated email system and I'm still in the dark if it's actually really cancelled. I'm going to call tomorrow and if no one picks up, I'm going to do a chargeback. You only got 90 days protection on most credit cards and it's coming up.

Well just an update. I still got no response from them or any refunds so I did a charge back. Not shockingly, the following morning I got an email saying that they will cancel the order and that I should see the funds within 3-5 days. I was on the verge of cancelling the charge back but glad I didn't because they never refunded my money.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:30 PM

A Normal man is not going to cancel an order for armor because it takes a few weeks to manufacture.
This is specialty and it is being offered for sale to people who have no legitimate use for it. They buy things that they look at and never will use them.
Armor is not normally sold to the public that cannot appreciate its useful abilities.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORKILL View Post
This is specialty and it is being offered for sale to people who have no legitimate use for it.

Armor is not normally sold to the public that cannot appreciate its useful abilities.
You sure about that? So which is it? Armor has useful abilities OR it has no legitimate use?

How do you feel about Antifa?
Old 02-16-2021, 7:28 PM

My 2 cents. Placed an order 12/12/2020 with 8 week lead time. Got an email after one month basically saying we're halfway through the lead time and working on it. Last week got an email saying they know that they've passed the lead time but trying their best to keep to a schedule. Yesterday got an email with shipping tracking, expected delivery end of the week. Works for me

Originally in October I contacted them with a question about one of their products. Over a month later, prior to my order, I received an apology for the late response but I did get my question answered LOL
Old 04-02-2021, 10:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

It's not there fault we are 1) in a pandemic and 2) the entire country has gone gun/sd crazy because Biden was elected.

I think the criticism is a little unfair. I had the good sense to order before this mess we all find ourselves in, and they did an awesome job. Their customer service was awesome.

You waited until the world went nuts. Now you're complaining it's not business as usual.

I get wanting updates. I get being upset their guestimate was off on timeline. But so much has gone wrong with the supply chain and this country since you ordered. And everybody and their brother wants what you want, all at the some time.

You could dispute the charges and cancel the order. But you're not going to find the product elsewhere faster.

I walked into two gun stores this week. Between the two of them they had maybe 12 guns in stock and 20 boxes of mixed ammo. The walls and shelves were bare. These are not normal times.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 04-02-2021 at 10:17 AM..
Old 04-03-2021, 6:24 PM
Banned

Glad I purchased two cases (5000 rounds each) of CCI SV 22lr's last year in March. Each was $200.I wonder what they are going for now.

And I purchased several cases of Eley Black Box at the National Matches. Glad I did.
Old 04-03-2021, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamfire1 View Post
Glad I purchased two cases (5000 rounds each) of CCI SV 22lr's last year in March. Each was $200.I wonder what they are going for now.

And I purchased several cases of Eley Black Box at the National Matches. Glad I did.
Nobody knows outbreaks will happens, I stock couple thousand spp and I never use it, because 9mm are so cheap no even worth my time to reload it.
Now I spend 2,3 hour and loaded 1k.