Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2020, 8:01 PM

Default Esco fish and game?

I'm new to the San Diego area and am interested in joining an outdoor range. What do you all think about Escondido Fish and Game? The process to join seems pretty byzantine and I'm not totally sure how you can go about meeting a member to have them sponsor you for the wait list given that we are under quarantine...

Thoughts? Also, how long does the wait list go on for?

Generally I'm looking for a nice place to shoot that has good and helpful people and not a lot of pretense.
Old 05-27-2020, 8:18 PM
Veteran Member

Attend some matches at the club, that's how you will meet a member and make a new friend.��

We are working out how to get the matches going again (this should happen soon).

The wait list will go on until there is a spot for you. Should be about a two years at the current run rate.

It's a great club and part of the character is the limited membership keeping crowds low.

Rainbow Valley Range may still be taking new members (not sure if that's too far for you.) Much busier club, especially on the weekends.
Old 06-08-2020, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
Attend some matches at the club, that's how you will meet a member and make a new friend.��

We are working out how to get the matches going again (this should happen soon).

The wait list will go on until there is a spot for you. Should be about a two years at the current run rate.

It's a great club and part of the character is the limited membership keeping crowds low.

Rainbow Valley Range may still be taking new members (not sure if that's too far for you.) Much busier club, especially on the weekends.

Any word on the trap range and when they will start that up again for non members?

Nulla Fatere, Omnia Nega, Accusatorem Accusa
Old 06-09-2020, 8:51 PM

June newsletter just came out -- no concrete news

https://escondidofishandgame.com/doc...s/June2020.pdf
Old 06-09-2020, 10:18 PM
King- Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Like everything CA. There is a split on what to do.

The range has been pretty quiet. That I enjoy. It’s relaxing and I’ve had good conversation with some really nice folks. But the stoppage of events sucks.

The fraidy cats aren’t going to support events until permission is granted. So we wait. That’s sad.

Two year wait for membership is accurate. And that has been the situation for quite some time.
Old 06-11-2020, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnickb View Post
Like everything CA. There is a split on what to do.

The range has been pretty quiet. That I enjoy. It’s relaxing and I’ve had good conversation with some really nice folks. But the stoppage of events sucks.

The fraidy cats aren’t going to support events until permission is granted. So we wait. That’s sad.

Two year wait for membership is accurate. And that has been the situation for quite some time.
When are you out there? I haven't been out since everything shut down. But I would like to bring some clays out and just use the manual thrower to get some trigger time.