Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-19-2020, 9:02 AM

I cannot find a single Trump supporter among ANY of my four children's friends. Not one. Of course, that's a tiny sample, but not one? IF the young voters vote, it's over.
Old 06-19-2020, 9:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulla123 View Post
I cannot find a single Trump supporter among ANY of my four children's friends. Not one. Of course, that's a tiny sample, but not one? IF the young voters vote, it's over.
But are they Biden supporters? Have you seen one Biden flag or Biden hat or Biden shirt? I cannot find one Biden supporter. The people that are never Trumpers are more likely to be a-political than Biden supporters and may just as likely vote for a third party/green party candidate or no candidate. You should ask them if they are voting for Biden and we'll get a much better outlook.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:10 AM

I am not a Trump supporter. But I would vote for him three times before Tuesday.
Biden is abhorrent.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:12 AM

Was just reading an article about BLM folks in NY planning on arming themselves for self protection. Carry laws originated from disarming Black Panthers. Best of luck to BLM trying to repeal those.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguy View Post
But are they Biden supporters? Have you seen one Biden flag or Biden hat or Biden shirt? I cannot find one Biden supporter. The people that are never Trumpers are more likely to be a-political than Biden supporters and may just as likely vote for a third party/green party candidate or no candidate. You should ask them if they are voting for Biden and we'll get a much better outlook.
I live in a very large neighborhood, 1,111 homes. There is one Biden sticker on a pick-up truck and one Sanders sticker on a sedan, different homes. The rest of the neighborhood has Trump stickers, banners, flags or signs. Not every house but many and this is in California.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
I live in a very large neighborhood, 1,111 homes. There is one Biden sticker on a pick-up truck and one Sanders sticker on a sedan, different homes. The rest of the neighborhood has Trump stickers, banners, flags or signs. Not every house but many and this is in California.
And yet Orange County turned blue in 2018. They harvest ballots in other neighborhoods.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
And yet Orange County turned blue in 2018. They harvest ballots in other neighborhoods.
That will change this year.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
That will change this year.
One can hope.
Old 06-19-2020, 2:13 PM

Ironically, your best chance at getting ANY gun laws changed or repealed would be via BLM protesting for gun rights to defend themselves against racism.

Quote:
Was just reading an article about BLM folks in NY planning on arming themselves for self protection. Carry laws originated from disarming Black Panthers. Best of luck to BLM trying to repeal those.
Old 06-19-2020, 5:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Release the next installment of the most popular video game and a new TV show catering to that demographic on election day.

Problem solved.
Old 06-19-2020, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Release the next installment of the most popular video game and a new TV show catering to that demographic on election day.

Problem solved.
Their woke parents would have already mailed in their ballots. For the whole family. Because coronavirus.
Old 06-20-2020, 3:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit31 View Post
Ironically, your best chance at getting ANY gun laws changed or repealed would be via BLM protesting for gun rights to defend themselves against racism.
What it'll turn out being is permits issued to only BLM for the above reason. The rest of us can't prove a "need" for it.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
My two daughters said most of their peers support Bernie and are going to write in Bernie as a protest to the DNC. My two daughters imply they are voting Trump because Biden is a senile liberal and his VP is likely be a racist radical BLM type and dangerous when Biden is declared incompetent.

So yes, both are tiny samples. One million people wanted tickets to Trump Rally tonight: that is a bigger sample than any poll (which is usually 1-2 thousand at most.
Old 06-22-2020, 9:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
One million people wanted tickets to Trump Rally tonight: that is a bigger sample than any poll (which is usually 1-2 thousand at most.
And 6,200 people attended - a third of available seats. A follow-on outdoor venue was canceled due to sparse attendance. This is the kind of event die-hard supporters would have attended. While there may have been multiple reasons for the low attendance, the result is telling.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
And 6,200 people attended - a third of available seats. A follow-on outdoor venue was canceled due to sparse attendance. This is the kind of event die-hard supporters would have attended. While there may have been multiple reasons for the low attendance, the result is telling.
One of the reasons of such a small turnout is COVID-19 I would think.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
My two daughters said most of their peers support Bernie and are going to write in Bernie as a protest to the DNC. My two daughters imply they are voting Trump because Biden is a senile liberal and his VP is likely be a racist radical BLM type and dangerous when Biden is declared incompetent.

So yes, both are tiny samples. One million people wanted tickets to Trump Rally tonight: that is a bigger sample than any poll (which is usually 1-2 thousand at most.
I guess you missed all the articles about K-pop stans & tiktok teens.

Google k-pop tiktok Trump.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by short circuit View Post
One of the reasons of such a small turnout is COVID-19 I would think.
I agree: protestors were not cautious people nor were rioters and looters, but Trump supporters are not going to risk it this early. In addition, given the riotous and violent mood of the Left in the last 3 weeks, I think a lot of ardent Trump supporters did not want to get attacked like happened in 2016 in a less violent time.
People who hate Trump will hang on any excuse, while those who support him will see it differently. But if you are pro-gun-rights and do not vote for Trump, Biden will win and Beto O'Rourke may get to come and take your ARs and the SCOTUS will let him.

November 3rd, 2020. will have the final answer.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfvshooter View Post
I guess you missed all the articles about K-pop stans & tiktok teens.

Google k-pop tiktok Trump.
NO I read the unsupported with facts diatribes. I don't believe anything AOC says. Ever.

I also noted something interesting...
For 3 1/2 years the Democrats have screamed falsely that Trump interfered with the election process with Russia's help. Such an outrage! But that has been de-bunked and proven false.

And yet, a Democrat in Congress is boldly taking credit for and lauding the very same thing when their side does it: committing wire fraud to deny Americans their right to political assembly.

Many Americans will remember that hypocrisy and double-standard so common on the left this November...

BTW: this is political discussion in the wrong forum: one for updates and discussion of the SCOTUS Cert Denied. I responded this last time, but this needs to go elsewhere. My apologies to all for the transgression.

Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 06-22-2020 at 12:35 PM..
Old 06-23-2020, 8:18 AM

Quote:

Have you been drinking the CNN kool-aid? 8 million online viewers with FOX, 2 million from other online independent channels. ~10 million total online viewers. Low attendance but high online viewership.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy.../#279694fd1fe2
Old 06-24-2020, 8:34 AM

Quote:

>a single rally out of literal dozens under-performed during an economic and health crisis - surely Drumpf is finished this time :~)

lmao
Old 06-24-2020, 1:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder View Post
>a single rally out of literal dozens under-performed during an economic and health crisis - surely Drumpf is finished this time :~)

lmao
Nice puerile name calling...what are you 13?

FYI...
More young people watched it on Fox than CNN or MSNBC!
Among viewers 25-54, the viewing group most valued by advertisers,

FNC finished first in the 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. time period with 1.54 million viewers,
followed by CNN (562,000 viewers) and
MSNBC (294,000).
Together, they were not even half of Fox News total.

Fox News rules. MAGA

Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 06-24-2020 at 1:31 PM..
Old 06-24-2020, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Nice puerile name calling...what are you 13?

FYI...
More young people watched it on Fox than CNN or MSNBC!
Among viewers 25-54, the viewing group most valued by advertisers,

FNC finished first in the 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. time period with 1.54 million viewers,
followed by CNN (562,000 viewers) and
MSNBC (294,000).
Together, they were not even half of Fox News total.

Fox News rules. MAGA
Pretty sure his post was satire.

Certainty of death... small chance of success... what are we waiting for? --Gimli, son of Gloin; on attacking the vast army of Mordor

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
--Patrick Henry; Virginia, 1775
Old 06-24-2020, 4:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkincal View Post
Pretty sure his post was satire.
No one calls him Drumpf in satire...says lmao cynically...
The ChiCom trolls use those memes.

And he has a low post count.

My spidey-sense says: Troll sign.
Old 07-02-2020, 7:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The thing that's frightening to me is that out of all those cases, covering everything from handgun rosters, to hicaps, to AWs/EBRs, to OC/CC, SCOTUS felt there wasn't even one issue they were confident they could get 5 of them to agree on. To me, the most obvious "new" area of 2nd A Con law that they should have been able to agree on at some minimal, bare bones level would be Carry, that there is some right to "Bear Arms." Yet they wouldn't even accept one of the Carry cases (and note well it was a Carry case Thomas chose to write his dissent).

That the antis are sooo anti they won't admit any "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" should frighten everyone of us to fight for Trump to win re-election and for the GOP to hold the Senate like there were ATF agents gathering in front of our homes, preparing for a "no knock" seizure of all of our weapons. (Winning back the House would be good too.)

Trump campaign:
https://trumpvictory.com/

GOP Senate campaign:
https://www.nrsc.org/

GOP House campaign:
https://www.nrcc.org/

Last edited by Paladin; 07-02-2020 at 7:41 AM..
Old 07-03-2020, 5:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
The thing that's frightening to me is that out of all those cases, covering everything from handgun rosters, to hicaps, to AWs/EBRs, to OC/CC, SCOTUS felt there wasn't even one issue they were confident they could get 5 of them to agree on.
It is worrisome the 4 conservative-leaning justices don't have confidence they could count on Roberts to vote with them on even one of the certs.

We are in a limbo now until November 4th (or perhaps the January 2021 inauguration depending on who wins in November): right now the 2nd is not longer a federal right (as it is supposed to be as an enumerated right), but an individual state-granted "privilege" to be restricted at the whim of each state.

The scenarios I see are...

If Trump wins: we will re-gain the federal right if/when either Roberts or RGB retires. Otherwise, without a conservative shift in the House, we're treading water...no new laws at the federal level, the SCOTUS will continue to avoid the risk of losing certs on gun case, and states which choose to, will gradually reduce the "privilege to keep and bear arms and ammunition".

if Trump loses: the right is dead for several decades: Biden has already promised "Beto" O'Rourke will be his "gun czar" and we already know what he thinks about ARs and other guns, the status quo will allow states to continue infringe on the "privilege to keep and bear arms (and ammunition)" at their whim. More permanently, he'll fill any vacancy with an anti-gun justice and that will be the last nail in the coffin.

I will vote in the election but my vote for Trump will not matter: the electoral college votes in California are very likely to go all to Biden.
Other votes will also have little impact based on the mid-terms.
But I won't give up as long as I am still registered here.
Every gun owner who cares about their right of self-defense and the 2nd Amendment as well as America's tradition of freedom and liberty needs to get out and vote. If the radicals can take away the right of the police to defend themselves, your right to do so will be a cake-walk.

Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 07-03-2020 at 7:43 PM..
Old 07-03-2020, 6:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I will vote in the election but my vote for Trump will not matter: the electoral college votes in California are very likely to go all to Biden.
Other votes will also have little impact based on the mid-terms.
But I won't give up as long as I am still registered here.
Volunteer and donate to the GOP links I provided. They'll use you & your money to focus on "swing" states to reelect Trump, keep the Senate GOP and try to retake the House.

If we lose this, the country is lost forever. Too many "swamp"/"deep state" RINOs have gone along w/Dems to import people who have no idea of how our federal republic was meant to operate and, frankly, don't care. They just want to make money and live like they're in their homelands ("multiculturalism" "diversity").
Old 07-03-2020, 8:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Volunteer and donate to the GOP links I provided. They'll use you & your money to focus on "swing" states to reelect Trump, keep the Senate GOP and try to retake the House.
We will do our level best as always to get out the votes.
If nothing else our tenacity scares them or pisses them off or both.
And that is better than nothing.
My reps ignore me...except around election time...then they pretend to listen and pretend to care.
Quote:
State Assembly (District 13):
Assembly Member Susan Talamantes Eggman-DEM
State Senate (District 5):
Senator Cathleen Galgiani-DEM
Old 07-13-2020, 3:28 PM

Quote:
If you think they're going to fight for overturning laws, as opposed to arbitrary and capricious enforcement so it doesn't affect them but affects everyone else, you're stuck in the old, pre-red guard paradigm.

DeBlasio blessing the BLM protests while insisting concerts and even Jews going to temple need to have their gates welded shut should be an indicator. In New York City, being willing to go after religious Jews, means literally every religion better expect the full weight of arbitrary enforcement.

Imagine if the FBI sent 15 agents to investigate any of the beatings of protestors like they did in the NASCAR driver's triggering by garage pull.

No, we are entering a dark time where the law as written matters less than who appears before the bench. The idea of equal before the law will rapidly become a quaint notion on the course we are on. I doubt replacement of Roberts or RBG will stop this slide into the abyss.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:53 PM

well, what have we got here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mztxHgYQo

Last edited by pacho; 07-21-2020 at 10:55 PM..
Old 07-22-2020, 3:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacho View Post
well, what have we got here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mztxHgYQo
https://www.uptomyassinbrass.com/pro...hotgun-sticker

Old 07-30-2020, 1:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
This is a terrible disappointment.

With a wide array of cases from which to choose, the court could have ruled narrowly or broadly on any number of issues.

It takes 4 judges to grant cert.

You and I both know there were at least 4 judges that felt strongly that there were multiple cases in that batch of 10 that were worth hearing. We have them on record SAYING so, explicitly.

That leads to the inescapable conclusion that while the cases were worthy, the court currently is not.

At least one of those four must be convinced now (after the NYSRPA debacle) that the court is incapable of issuing a just, right and fair decision that won't negatively affect 2A rights.

They are denying these cases not because they don't care (we have them on record saying they care a LOT), but rather, as the only way of protecting the 2A for now.

Roberts is compromised and someone is still pulling his strings. Probably Soros or someone reporting to Soros. The other SCOTUS judges have finally convinced themselves of this, and have concluded that in acting now on a case, they put the 2A in too much jeopardy. They need one more Trump appointment to be assured of doing more good than harm.

Regardless of how much they felt a good 2A ruling was needed, they weren't willing to risk having a bad decision rendered... which they're apparently convinced Roberts would force down their throats.

I don't see any other way the math works on this one.
Looks like we were right, Roberts was the turd in the punchbowl with the 10 2A cases that got denied cert. The four saw what he was up to and denied cert in order to protect our 2A rights by NOT hearing the cases at this time. That stinks, but it's the best outcome we'd have gotten under the circumstances. It takes 4 votes to grant cert, but 5 to render a decision. Taking cert now would have been serving up the second amendment on a platter to the libs to be carved up into tiny, inconsequential pieces. Frustrating but it's not going to change until the court does.

Behind closed doors during one of John Roberts' most surprising years on the Supreme Court
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/polit...=pocket-newtab
Quote:
Roberts also sent enough signals during internal deliberations on firearms restrictions, sources said, to convince fellow conservatives he would not provide a critical fifth vote anytime soon to overturn gun control regulations. As a result, the justices in June denied several petitions regarding Second Amendment rights.
Old 07-30-2020, 2:04 PM

If Robert's indicated his preference to undermine the 2A, then the 4 liberal justices would have granted cert. & danced on the remnants of our constitution.
I believe Roberts is unclear on his position & is scaring both sides.
Old 07-30-2020, 2:09 PM

Yes - Roberts is the unknown factor for sure -- no one wants to take a chance.
Old 07-30-2020, 3:03 PM

I support originalism!

Quote:
It proves incontestably, that the judiciary is beyond comparison the weakest of the three departments of power1; that it can never attack with success either of the other two; and that all possible care is requisite to enable it to defend itself against their attacks. It equally proves, that though individual oppression may now and then proceed from the courts of justice, the general liberty of the people can never be endangered from that quarter; I mean so long as the judiciary remains truly distinct from both the legislature and the Executive. For I agree, that "there is no liberty, if the power of judging be not separated from the legislative and executive powers.''2 And it proves, in the last place, that as liberty can have nothing to fear from the judiciary alone, but would have every thing to fear from its union with either of the other departments; that as all the effects of such a union must ensue from a dependence of the former on the latter, notwithstanding a nominal and apparent separation; that as, from the natural feebleness of the judiciary, it is in continual jeopardy of being overpowered, awed, or influenced by its co-ordinate branches; and that as nothing can contribute so much to its firmness and independence as permanency in office, this quality may therefore be justly regarded as an indispensable ingredient in its constitution, and, in a great measure, as the citadel of the public justice and the public security.
https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed78.asp

The very fact Americans are subject to literal kremlinology and speculate about octogenarian's deaths leading to a different political regime is evidence enough that even Hamilton's logic says we are far from originalism and we're deep in tyranny.

Wait, sorry, Marbury v. Madison and other past cases are more important, because being consistent is the bedrock of the courts, except when they blatantly contradict themselves and repeal past rulings fully.

The kafkaesque logic that posters here have to engage in to assert originalism makes any sense, or has any hope of reforming the system is truly hilarious.
Old 07-30-2020, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussG1 View Post
Yes - Roberts is the unknown factor for sure -- no one wants to take a chance.
Just read an article that says, based on insider information, that the reason cert was denied in ten 2A cases was that Robert had signaled (privately) to the other four conservative justices that he could not be depended upon to side with them. It made sense, then, for the four not to risk losing even Heller to a justice worried that he would be labeled a mass murderer for allowing the 2A its rightful place in the fundamental personal rights pantheon.
Old 07-30-2020, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruOil View Post
Just read an article that says, based on insider information, that the reason cert was denied in ten 2A cases was that Robert had signaled (privately) to the other four conservative justices that he could not be depended upon to side with them. It made sense, then, for the four not to risk losing even Heller to a justice worried that he would be labeled a mass murderer for allowing the 2A its rightful place in the fundamental personal rights pantheon.
I read a similar article. I don't know how much real reporting is here. Given the pubic statements and descents by the other four this is the only possibility.

Roberts is turning into a real problem. He seems more interested in going along with the crowd. To preserve the status quo or back larger majorities in what looks like an effort to keep the court out if politics.

I wouldn't be surprised if he would go against the 2a cases now but all of a sudden be for them once RBGs seat goes to a Trump appointment.
Old 07-30-2020, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncivil Engineer View Post
I read a similar article. I don't know how much real reporting is here. Given the pubic statements and descents by the other four this is the only possibility.

Roberts is turning into a real problem. He seems more interested in going along with the crowd. To preserve the status quo or back larger majorities in what looks like an effort to keep the court out if politics.

I wouldn't be surprised if he would go against the 2a cases now but all of a sudden be for them once RBGs seat goes to a Trump appointment.
Very accurate, UE.
Old 07-30-2020, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncivil Engineer View Post

In that scenario, Roberts would cease to be a swing vote.
Old 07-30-2020, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrowningfan View Post
In that scenario, Roberts would cease to be a swing vote.
Not a bad thing.