Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 07-14-2012, 5:12 PM

Well? Anyone go through with it at Del Mar?
Old 07-14-2012, 10:39 PM

Didn't see this thread until right now. I have a 11xx order and in my mind, I was wishfully thinking that I'd be surprised with a case of ammo at work in the near future (next few weeks). Reading this thread, and some of the latest comments on the FB page have now crushed that wishful thinking.

Now I don't know if I should just let it ride out since it was only one case of 9mm, or if I should get try for some kind of refund and use the money toward getting started with a turret press...
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 07-15-2012, 10:51 AM

Well,,,,Add me to the list of unhappy patrons of JRA. I ordered 9MM on April 5 and they billed my debit card on April 9. I spoke with, I assume, a young lady on the phone over one month ago. She indicated that I could get a better response by following their progress on Facebook. I have not received any word since and they no longer answer their phone.
This is a bad sign to me so I called my bank to file a dispute. The bank advises they will contact JRA and request reimbursement.

I AM FINISHED WITH JRA AND WILL NOT SUPPORT THEM !
Jim B
Old 07-15-2012, 10:54 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
I ordered 9MM on April 5 and they billed my debit card on April 9.
And it is the middle of July. Ridiculous.
Old 07-16-2012, 7:40 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
And it is the middle of July. Ridiculous.
If they had said upfront that it would take that long people would have no right to complain. However, when you tell people that it will be a few weeks...and then 3-4 months later refuse to ship or answer any form of communication, that's a whole other situation.

He posts updates on Facebook that sound sincere, but then doesn't give any updates on actual shipping estimates.

Actions speak louder than words. Their actions tell me to go #%^* myself.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:57 PM

It took me seriously 5 seconds on the jack ross website for me to decide not to buy ammo from these guys... I can't imagine any legitimate reason for an ammo reloading company making customers wait 4-6 weeks for delivery after their cards are charged. This should have been a huge red flag. I dunno, to me it just reeeeeeeked of ponzi right from the get go...
Old 07-17-2012, 11:35 AM
CGN Contributor

From their front office staffer who was laid off (via Facebook today): "Tia Wunder: i would appreciate honesty in what went on. i love my jr family, but my lay off would have been too long for me to wait on being rehired."

I can't even decipher what that means.
Old 07-17-2012, 2:07 PM
Veteran Member

kind of seems like Bullet_Man would have been a better choice for ordering, at least you get your ammo
Old 07-17-2012, 2:32 PM

Freedom Munitions ships same day. I've switched all my business to him.
Old 07-17-2012, 2:54 PM

I had an order in since early April. I just called my CC and disputed the charge. Hopefully, they get dinged some way for CC disputes.
Old 07-18-2012, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECCE556 View Post
I had an order in since early April. I just called my CC and disputed the charge. Hopefully, they get dinged some way for CC disputes.
My order was in the end of March. I'm now in the process of disputing the credit card charge with my financial institution.

Jack Ross Ammo has really done a disservice to the shooting community conducting business the way they have. Could almost say it is criminal and that they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Old 07-18-2012, 2:37 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
Jack Ross Ammo has really done a disservice to the shooting community conducting business the way they have.
+1000000
Old 07-18-2012, 9:53 PM

I placed my order on April 1st with Jack Ross Ammo, today is July 18th and still haven't received anything, not even a brass!!! What a scam they are. I tried to contacted them by phone calls and emails, no reply at all! This company is a piece of ****. DO NOT buy anything from Jack Ross Ammo period!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 7:08 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Almost there...

Happy Friday! They're not out of business yet. I placed an order for 4 cases, 2 of new .45 ACP and 2 of reload 9mm, in late March with an order number in the high 900s. I received one case of .45 ACP last week and both cases of 9mm earlier this week. The wayward case has a tracking number showing that shipping information has been received, but it hasn't shipped yet and it's been a week.

I did receive a "Your order has been completed" e-mail which I responded to politely pointing out the missing case. I'll update when that arrives.

Outside of a lady leaving a voicemail message and a quick e-mail exchange verifying that I wasn't disputing anything I haven't communicated with JRA.

Hopefully this bodes well for everybody who's still waiting (me included)!

Cheers
Old 07-20-2012, 7:15 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA10RoundLimited View Post
Happy Friday! They're not out of business yet. I placed an order for 4 cases, 2 of new .45 ACP and 2 of reload 9mm, in late March with an order number in the high 900s. I received one case of .45 ACP last week and both cases of 9mm earlier this week. The wayward case has a tracking number showing that shipping information has been received, but it hasn't shipped yet and it's been a week.

I did receive a "Your order has been completed" e-mail which I responded to politely pointing out the missing case. I'll update when that arrives.

Outside of a lady leaving a voicemail message and a quick e-mail exchange verifying that I wasn't disputing anything I haven't communicated with JRA.

Hopefully this bodes well for everybody who's still waiting (me included)!

Cheers
Thanks for checking in, Jack.
Old 07-20-2012, 7:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I thought the same thing.... 1 post?

― Roger Zelazny, The Great Book of Amber

Last edited by Dark Mod; 07-20-2012 at 8:10 AM..
Old 07-20-2012, 8:15 AM

Default Survey says...NNNNNNNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoddridge View Post
I thought the same thing.... 1 post?

Sad that they have the energy to make fake accounts on forums but cant be bothered to respond to their customers

Ya got me! I'm the only real employee of JRA and I'm holding back your shipment just to frustrate you.

Or maybe I'm simply new to Calguns.net and wanted to let you know my experience with JRA so far. And everybody has a first post, right...?

I'll try to post more, but I don't have much to add as I'm not an expert by any means. I'm reading and learning like a good Noob and hope to add value when I can.

Cheers
Old 07-20-2012, 8:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA10RoundLimited View Post
Ya got me! I'm the only real employee of JRA and I'm holding back your shipment just to frustrate you.

Or maybe I'm simply new to Calguns.net and wanted to let you know my experience with JRA so far. And everybody has a first post, right...?

I'll try to post more, but I don't have much to add as I'm not an expert by any means. I'm reading and learning like a good Noob and hope to add value when I can.

Cheers
Lol i gotcha, i had already done some google fu and came to the conclusion your legit, which is why i edited the last section from my post. Welcome to calguns

Old 07-20-2012, 8:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoddridge View Post
Lol i gotcha, i had already done some google fu and came to the conclusion your legit, which is why i edited the last section from my post. Welcome to calguns
No worries, I can see where it's suspicious. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 07-20-2012, 8:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Wow, just wow! Way to go Paul0660 and markdoddrige or is that Allison and Izzy?? Before you go off accusing people of who they aren't maybe you should check that internet armchair commando attitude. As I'm sure everyone in the thread knows you're irritated about your order but I'm not even sure how you made the lack of logic jump to think that a newbie who posts about his order details / status to let people know they are shipping is the company owner.

I know CA10 and he's no Jack Ross... and I don't even know Jack Ross... I hope you don't greet all those who are new to CGN this way as I'm sure the ranks would grow a whole lot slower...
Old 07-20-2012, 8:59 AM
In Memoriam

Pure logic. I hope to hear happy stories from more members.
Old 07-20-2012, 9:16 AM
Veteran Member

Im not sure i get the Allison and Izzy comment...

Old 07-22-2012, 5:38 PM

my number is 802, and I haven't see anything.
Old 07-25-2012, 8:12 AM

Order #10xx from end of March for 2K 9mm reman. Still waiting. Problem is I used a VISA checkcard to pay and that account is now closed because I moved banks. Oh well, guess I'll hang in there and with any luck I'll see my order in a few more weeks.
Old 07-26-2012, 4:17 PM
Made in the USA

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
I LOL'd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
-----------------------------
Old 07-26-2012, 9:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'd be a bit concerned about about the quality of their reloads.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:13 PM

I have been a member here for a while but have not posted in a while or at all cant remember until I post and see my post count...
I had ordered 1k rounds of 9 from jack ross and was up in reno to visit some family so I had called a few weeks before and told Tia I was coming.
I was up the week after the 4th and went in on the wed when I got there.
they had no 9mm processed but all the machines were running. when I went in it was around lunch and there was 1 lady there running everything in back.
I told her what was up and that Tia said she would pull my order.
she looked and there was nothing pulled....they had laid off Tia so no luck checking with her.
Gave her my number and said I would come back the next day to pick up.

the owner Chris called me the next am around 10 and said my order was ready.
When I spoke to Tia I told her I wanted a extra 800 rounds because I had a AMEX Gift card I had to spend.
gave her the number and she said she would charge when order was done.

So when Chris called he said it was ready and I went down.
all 1800 rounds new and shiny were on a bench waiting for my ammo can.
Tia had not run the gift card yet and he was going to let me walk out the door because he didnt know better.
I told him to run the card and he apologized to me a few times.....

With all this said I think he is not a good business man and just needs to get himself and the company's bugs worked out.. Once that is done and he does not pre-charge orders it will be all good.

I will order from him in the future when its caught up.

Just my .02
Old 07-26-2012, 10:14 PM

I had originally placed an order in February and I received that order in may. So I decided to give them another shot and order in may. I'ts almost august now and I haven't received ****. I will be calling my CC company soon to file a dispute and BBB as well.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb58 View Post
Well? Anyone go through with it at Del Mar?
Yes we did. Four of us showed up at Del Mar but Jack Ross Ammo was a no show. We spoke with the folks at the Gun Show and they told us that Jack Ross Ammo had reserved a booth but cancelled at the last minute. Perhaps they monitor this site and knew we were coming to publicly call them out.

We plan to go to the Ontario Gun Show this weekend just in case these skunks show up. If they do, we will post the video of our "discussion" with them on CalGuns!
Old 07-27-2012, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat View Post
Yes we did. Four of us showed up at Del Mar but Jack Ross Ammo was a no show. We spoke with the folks at the Gun Show and they told us that Jack Ross Ammo had reserved a booth but cancelled at the last minute. Perhaps they monitor this site and knew we were coming to publicly call them out.

We plan to go to the Ontario Gun Show this weekend just in case these skunks show up. If they do, we will post the video of our "discussion" with them on CalGuns!
I dont think they are computer geekish enough to look at reviews online.
Chris is just a regular ex military guy.
simple man in my mind
Old 07-27-2012, 10:19 PM

I'll share my experience with JRA.

So, I ordered back in late January (order #386), they took out payment (from debit card) maybe a day or two after I placed the order. I got an email maybe a few weeks later stating they were behind on orders, they needed more time to catch up, if you want to cancel just email them your order number, etc. I was so caught up in the "deal" I got ($280 for 1k 45acp), decided to just wait it out. Well, June rolls around and I still didn't have ammo... and at that time I didn't really need it. So I asked for a refund via email, Tia calls me confirms refund saying she can send me check for refund (it would be faster). I said, that's fine. That was early June by the way... and then July comes and I didn't see a check yet. I emailed, called and left messages, no response... nothing. Tia was laid off I believe. I can't get my money back going through my credit union because they can only dispute up to 60 days. So, I can only wait at this point... and frankly I've lost hope. My order # is so low, and yet have nothing to show for it. This taught me an important lesson... just because the prices seem really good, be cautious... buy from reputable ammo stores that can fulfill orders on a timely manner and doesn't charge UNTIL it ships! I don't believe JRA are trying to scam us, they just bit off way more than they could chew.

Last edited by cangler; 07-27-2012 at 10:21 PM..
Old 07-27-2012, 10:33 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtest22 View Post
I have been a member here for a while but have not posted in a while or at all cant remember until I post and see my post count...
I had ordered 1k rounds of 9 from jack ross and was up in reno to visit some family so I had called a few weeks before and told Tia I was coming.
I was up the week after the 4th and went in on the wed when I got there.
they had no 9mm processed but all the machines were running. when I went in it was around lunch and there was 1 lady there running everything in back.
I told her what was up and that Tia said she would pull my order.
she looked and there was nothing pulled....they had laid off Tia so no luck checking with her.
Gave her my number and said I would come back the next day to pick up.

the owner Chris called me the next am around 10 and said my order was ready.
When I spoke to Tia I told her I wanted a extra 800 rounds because I had a AMEX Gift card I had to spend.
gave her the number and she said she would charge when order was done.

So when Chris called he said it was ready and I went down.
all 1800 rounds new and shiny were on a bench waiting for my ammo can.
Tia had not run the gift card yet and he was going to let me walk out the door because he didnt know better.
I told him to run the card and he apologized to me a few times.....

With all this said I think he is not a good business man and just needs to get himself and the company's bugs worked out.. Once that is done and he does not pre-charge orders it will be all good.

I will order from him in the future when its caught up.

Just my .02
Great info crashtest. It sounds like a race to bankruptcy to me. If there are 500 orders outstanding @ $200 per, that is a lot of money in the bank that is already spent.

Best to be optimistic if you can't get a chargeback, however.
Old 07-28-2012, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtest22 View Post
I dont think they are computer geekish enough to look at reviews online.
Chris is just a regular ex military guy.
simple man in my mind
There is some evidence that JRA monitors Calguns. Chris mentioned on their Facebook page that "contrary to rumors floating around the internet, they had not gone out of business". This suggests that he may be tuned in, or someone he knows is advising him of the chatter.

My order for 2000 rounds of 9mm placed on March 21st shipped half the order and I got it on June 25th or so. But only after begging Tia on the phone. They shipped that half and promised the remainder in a week. But the last 1000 rounds never arrived. And then the Facebook page went down.

My good news is that I finally got a refund from my credit card company after spending a few hours writing up a dispute. I also sent a letter to JRA canceling the last half of my order.

I also filed a complaint with the FTC. I recommend others do that too. This isn't benign incompetence or ignorance, it is fraud! And it is criminal.

I got my dispute processed and now I'm relieved. I hope other Calgunners prevail too. I will continue to follow this drama because I'm invested in the desire for justice.

I just placed my first order with freedom munitions and they confirmed shipment the next day. That's the way it should be.

Last edited by TechPro; 07-28-2012 at 9:40 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 7:02 AM

Yeah I've ordered from FM before, they are quick and good ammo too.
Old 07-29-2012, 9:03 AM

9mm 115gr RN Reloaded $159/1000+Free Shipping to California, Nevada and Utah

When I saw this I was thinking it cost me $90 to load 1000 9mm W/O paying for brass, this is too good to be true. I was gonna refer JR to a friend thank goodness I didn't.

I don't think the guy intended to rip people off I think he is just a terrible business man.

Good luck to all you guys that are owed money or ammo. I hope JR can keep things afloat until you all get your ammo or money.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Ditto. My order was for 4k rounds.
Old 07-30-2012, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
Ditto. My order was for 4k rounds.
Yeah I had order 2K to "try out" and if these worked out well, I was going to personally order 6K more (I shoot a lot of IDPA/IPSC/etc.) and had several buddies lined up to order anywhere from 1K to 2K each. JR lost a decent chunk of business just on my order alone.
Old 07-30-2012, 6:34 PM

Order # 1167 here, placed my order April 3rd for 1k of 9mm. Never got any straight answers when they were answering the phone. Just hoping they make good eventually now.
Old 07-31-2012, 6:50 AM

Quote:
“The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.” - Aldo Gucci
Love the sig! No movement on the final case of my order although the FedEx status still shows that it's anticipated to ship July 11th, 2012...so I have that going for me. Ahem. Tom Petty was right, the waiting is the hardest part.
Old 07-31-2012, 9:47 AM

I did a search query on "jack ross ammo" and found complaints on 1911forum, Nevada shooters, xdtalk and rugerforum. First 3 pages.