Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 11-22-2017, 9:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS94901 View Post
Resolved in post 35. Went with the Bigfoot gun belt 14oz and I'm happy with it. I wouldn't. All it slim or low profile but they do reduce the tivkness of the leather where it folds over the buckle so it's not a massive stack.

The best is definitely an issue with the glock 43. You wouldn't think so just trying it on but wearing it all day, you really need a good gun belt. It's still a decent amount of weight. I carry the gun with 9 rounds in a crossbreed mini tuck and without the Bigfoot, it would not work for me. Even with the belt it really has to be cinched pretty tight.
Beware of cinching tight, there are serious issues that can occur with digestion, as well as injury to the back and knees caused by irritating the nerve stack in the hip area. Some good studies on the subject from UCLA medical center and a couple of others. I published some information with citation a couple of years ago that you could search the forum for.

Well the focus is on Police duty belts, my contacts at various belt manufactures I carry say the same issues plague the CCW.

As long as you have no pain, heartburn or bowel issues you should be OK.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3976020/

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/229710.pdf

http://americancityandcounty.com/law...ing-their-load
Old 11-23-2017, 10:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Beware of cinching tight, there are serious issues that can occur with digestion, as well as injury to the back and knees caused by irritating the nerve stack in the hip area. Some good studies on the subject from UCLA medical center and a couple of others. I published some information with citation a couple of years ago that you could search the forum for.

Well the focus is on Police duty belts, my contacts at various belt manufactures I carry say the same issues plague the CCW.

As long as you have no pain, heartburn or bowel issues you should be OK.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3976020/

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/229710.pdf

http://americancityandcounty.com/law...ing-their-load
This is quite interesting because I already have back/spine problems and noticed the stomach issues when wearing a belt with a big buckle. This was one of the reasons I went with the Comp-Tac belt with the taper down to 1.25".

Q: It would seem that all other things being equal, IWB would be easier on the back/stomach since the load isn't all being carried outside and dependent on the belt doing all of the work of suspending the holster. With IWB, the body becomes a friction point in keeping the holster in place. Is this a fair conclusion?

At this point, I am only using OWB hard kydex holsters. An IWB may be just the thing to help keeping my back/stomach in better health.

Thank you for all of your input on CG!!!
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 11-23-2017, 6:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
This is quite interesting because I already have back/spine problems and noticed the stomach issues when wearing a belt with a big buckle. This was one of the reasons I went with the Comp-Tac belt with the taper down to 1.25".

Q: It would seem that all other things being equal, IWB would be easier on the back/stomach since the load isn't all being carried outside and dependent on the belt doing all of the work of suspending the holster. With IWB, the body becomes a friction point in keeping the holster in place. Is this a fair conclusion?

At this point, I am only using OWB hard kydex holsters. An IWB may be just the thing to help keeping my back/stomach in better health.

Thank you for all of your input on CG!!!
Not all IWB are the same in this respect, it will depend somewhat on body type and the position you want to carry the weapon. Yes placing the weapon IWB relieves the cantilever stress an OWB can place on the individual, however what happens to many carriers, especially new carriers they feel some types of holsters "move". It's not that it's really moving, as it is more keenly felt being against the skin which of course is a feeling organ. This is a problem some have with sticky holsters. The type of underwear can have an impact on feel as well. This isn't talked about much because most stores aren't fitters, they are specifically selling a product or products. For many gun stores the holster is just an add on sale, so there isn't much though into the kinesiological impacts of carrying.

Hip size, gun location, type of IWB holster, weapon carried, clothing style all have an impact.

Were going to be setting up for the OC gun show Friday and of course were at the show Saturday and Sunday so it would be hard for me to answer a call, but next week if you want to call and discuss I can at least make a recommendation.

You may notice if you look at our banner we discuss concealed carry systems. It's not just about the holster. You have to consider comfort, crisis effectiveness, and quality, of the systems. That will vary for people depending on age, injury history, sensitivities, training level, etc.

Ask a holster question and many people will tell you want works for them, or what they are currently trying to make work. You seldom see the reply carry information on weight, height, fitness, stomach issues, back, leg or knee issues, other physical limitations. Appendix, 1:30, 3:00, etc.

There is really so much that goes into a proper fitting. Ultimately you have to have the mindset, your not going to choose the time or place of a confrontation or you would have avoided, more than likely it will be a surprise, the location, weather, lighting will be sub-optimal for you, you are likely to be injured, physically engaged, and have to have come through denial, and have about 1-2 seconds to make everything work, there are no second chances. Your life depends on always carrying when you can, and making the right choice on the systems. If your choice of holster or belt make you change your clothing style, the choice is generally wrong.

Anyway good luck, if you need us call we are here to help.
Old 11-23-2017, 6:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Not all IWB are the same in this respect, it will depend somewhat on body type and the position you want to carry the weapon. Yes placing the weapon IWB relieves the cantilever stress an OWB can place on the individual, however what happens to many carriers, especially new carriers they feel some types of holsters "move". It's not that it's really moving, as it is more keenly felt being against the skin which of course is a feeling organ. This is a problem some have with sticky holsters. The type of underwear can have an impact on feel as well. This isn't talked about much because most stores aren't fitters, they are specifically selling a product or products. For many gun stores the holster is just an add on sale, so there isn't much though into the kinesiological impacts of carrying.

Hip size, gun location, type of IWB holster, weapon carried, clothing style all have an impact.

Were going to be setting up for the OC gun show Friday and of course were at the show Saturday and Sunday so it would be hard for me to answer a call, but next week if you want to call and discuss I can at least make a recommendation.

You may notice if you look at our banner we discuss concealed carry systems. It's not just about the holster. You have to consider comfort, crisis effectiveness, and quality, of the systems. That will vary for people depending on age, injury history, sensitivities, training level, etc.

Ask a holster question and many people will tell you want works for them, or what they are currently trying to make work. You seldom see the reply carry information on weight, height, fitness, stomach issues, back, leg or knee issues, other physical limitations. Appendix, 1:30, 3:00, etc.

There is really so much that goes into a proper fitting. Ultimately you have to have the mindset, your not going to choose the time or place of a confrontation or you would have avoided, more than likely it will be a surprise, the location, weather, lighting will be sub-optimal for you, you are likely to be injured, physically engaged, and have to have come through denial, and have about 1-2 seconds to make everything work, there are no second chances. Your life depends on always carrying when you can, and making the right choice on the systems. If your choice of holster or belt make you change your clothing style, the choice is generally wrong.

Anyway good luck, if you need us call we are here to help.
I really appreciate all of your input! Not just on this thread, but here on the CG forum in general and serving the shooting and concealing community!
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 11-23-2017, 6:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I really appreciate all of your input! Not just on this thread, but here on the CG forum in general and serving the shooting and concealing community!
It's my job, it's my passion, stay safe, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Old 11-26-2017, 9:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Guys if you have never tried a Nextbelt or some other ratcheting belt, you have to do so. The thing is bullet proof, and its so minutely adjustable you will find its very very comfortable. Also, its easy to adjust quickly. I bought one three years ago from Grant. I also bought a few other imitations on amazon just to try to save a few bucks. Not worth it trust me.

This is the one I bought from grant but with a different fancier buckle

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Coyote-...p_89%3ANexbelt

I was worried about fraying as I shoot lots of prone, but nada, not one stich has frayed. The belt is stiff enough to carry a STI 2011 with three mags loaded to 22 rounds each of 9mm and doesn't roll or sag. It holds a sticky nicely if need be. Even if you buy Brand X or Z do yourself a favor and get rid of the belt holes and try the ratchet, you will definitely love it more than the old fashioned belts.

I'd buy from Grant again if I ever need one as he is a great resource locally.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbapug1 View Post
Guys if you have never tried a Nextbelt or some other ratcheting belt, you have to do so. The thing is bullet proof, and its so minutely adjustable you will find its very very comfortable. Also, its easy to adjust quickly. I bought one three years ago from Grant. I also bought a few other imitations on amazon just to try to save a few bucks. Not worth it trust me.

This is the one I bought from grant but with a different fancier buckle

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Coyote-...p_89%3ANexbelt

I was worried about fraying as I shoot lots of prone, but nada, not one stich has frayed. The belt is stiff enough to carry a STI 2011 with three mags loaded to 22 rounds each of 9mm and doesn't roll or sag. It holds a sticky nicely if need be. Even if you buy Brand X or Z do yourself a favor and get rid of the belt holes and try the ratchet, you will definitely love it more than the old fashioned belts.

I'd buy from Grant again if I ever need one as he is a great resource locally.

Thanks for the input. I hate to toss my $85 leather Comp Tac belt. I just started having back and hip issues again. Will wait until that goes away and start wearing it again and see what happens. Getting old sucks.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 11-26-2017, 9:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I hate to toss my $85 leather Comp Tac belt. I just started having back and hip issues again. Will wait until that goes away and start wearing it again and see what happens. Getting old sucks.
Where are you positioning your holster? (Exact position).
Old 11-27-2017, 1:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Where are you positioning your holster? (Exact position).
Right hand side at 3:00-3:30.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 11-27-2017, 1:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Right hand side at 3:00-3:30.
Make sure to keep the gun off the hip bone. 3:30 - 4 is going to be your best choice so you stay off the stack of nerves the run up the leg. Can't the grip of the weapon towards 3:00 and do not over tighten. The fact that gun moves with your body is not a bad thing. Pants falling down could be, but you get the point. Unless the gun is really sliding down your body, and your pants are falling off resist the desire to crank the belt down.

Give the a try and see if the pain subsides.

Remind me, what kind of gun are you carrying?
Old 11-27-2017, 2:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Make sure to keep the gun off the hip bone. 3:30 - 4 is going to be your best choice so you stay off the stack of nerves the run up the leg. Can't the grip of the weapon towards 3:00 and do not over tighten. The fact that gun moves with your body is not a bad thing. Pants falling down could be, but you get the point. Unless the gun is really sliding down your body, and your pants are falling off resist the desire to crank the belt down.

Give the a try and see if the pain subsides.

Remind me, what kind of gun are you carrying?

Thanks! I’ll give it a go!!

I’m carrying an XD-m 4.5” in 45 ACP mostly. It’s a bit lighter than my 5” 1911. Sometimes I’ll switch it up and carry my Les Baer also in a KT Mech kydex holster.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 11-27-2017, 5:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks! I’ll give it a go!!

I’m carrying an XD-m 4.5” in 45 ACP mostly. It’s a bit lighter than my 5” 1911. Sometimes I’ll switch it up and carry my Les Baer also in a KT Mech kydex holster.
Let me make sure, are you carrying OWB or IWB. Much of KT's work is OWB?

Try my first suggestion.

I am not sure of your body type, but if the first suggestion doesn't quite work, adjust the holster so the gun rides higher on the hip, so we shift the weight balance. .45's are heavy and we need to apply connection with the body to minimize the impact of that weight.
Old 11-27-2017, 5:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Let me make sure, are you carrying OWB or IWB. Much of KT's work is OWB?

Try my first suggestion.

I am not sure of your body type, but if the first suggestion doesn't quite work, adjust the holster so the gun rides higher on the hip, so we shift the weight balance. .45's are heavy and we need to apply connection with the body to minimize the impact of that weight.

Yes, OWB. I’m 190 lbs and 5’10”. Average build with expansion in front.

I’ll put the gun further back and also move the belt loops lower so the gun rides higher.

(Mom is in the hospital right now, so haven’t had a chance yet to call you).

Thanks for all of the ‘virtual’ help!!!
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 11-27-2017, 9:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yes, OWB. I’m 190 lbs and 5’10”. Average build with expansion in front.

I’ll put the gun further back and also move the belt loops lower so the gun rides higher.

(Mom is in the hospital right now, so haven’t had a chance yet to call you).

Thanks for all of the ‘virtual’ help!!!
Your mom is in my prayers. No problem on the help, I enjoy problem solving.

Are you using clips or wings attached to the holster to run the belt through?
Old 11-28-2017, 3:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Your mom is in my prayers. No problem on the help, I enjoy problem solving.

Are you using clips or wings attached to the holster to run the belt through?
Thank you sir.

I'm using the regular P shaped belt loop thingies that come standard.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 12-07-2017, 2:47 PM
Veteran Member

Just a note, we now have the new Gen 6 Nexbelt in stock. We will be premiering the belt at Del Mar. The most significant improvements are the uses of stainless steel screws at each attach point in the buckle. The latch has been upgraded to double locks well maintaining the buckle to belt screws.

The purpose of the upgrade was to assure fighting strength during a hand to hand engagement. Rigidity is improved without harming the dynamic comfort which has been a highlight of the belt making it comfortable to wear all day +

I invite you to stop by and see them. Feel free to ask questions.

I am still wearing my Gen 2 belt and consider it the most comfortable belt I have ever worn, but after more inventory becomes available I will be upgrading to the Gen 6.
Old 12-08-2017, 2:15 PM

So the old style toothed clasp is gone? The one that chews up the belt end so much it opens on it's own and requires repeated trimming to fix?
Old 12-08-2017, 3:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazoE View Post
So the old style toothed clasp is gone? The one that chews up the belt end so much it opens on it's own and requires repeated trimming to fix?
No, the tooth clasp is still there but it's now a double tooth clasp that locks in tighter. With the added set screws that go into the belt there should not be any movement of flex at that point to allow a disengagement. More easily shown than explained.

The Gen 1 belt depended on the toothed clasp to attach to the belt.

The Gen 2 belt added reenforcements to the lateral stability of the belt and stronger stitching at the tongue of the belt.

The Gen 3 belt added set screws that more firmly attached the buckle to the belt to better survive a grappling fight

The Gen 4 belt enlarged the screws to prevent cross threading.

The Gen 5 belt added length to the tang of the buckle (great unless you AIWB) and larger screws.

The Gen 6 belt replaces pins with stainless steel screws, upgrades the Clasp to double jawed, adds some stiffness to the belt. (I personally don't think it was needed). Basically if you get into a fight your going to break before the belt.

The team at Nexbelt has been great, and continue to work with me and some others to improve the product and have some new items coming out that I can't wait to talk about, but am currently embargoed on.

Last edited by grantar2; 12-08-2017 at 3:52 PM..
Old 12-09-2017, 6:40 AM

Thanks for the details. Appears my belt is Gen 1. It's always been my favorite other than it's now becoming too short from repeated trimming. Nice to see they've addressed the issue. Time for a Gen 6.
Old 12-10-2017, 9:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazoE View Post
Thanks for the details. Appears my belt is Gen 1. It's always been my favorite other than it's now becoming too short from repeated trimming. Nice to see they've addressed the issue. Time for a Gen 6.
It's at least time for a look, I am still wearing a Gen 3 every day, and have no reason to replace it, although the 6 is enough that I probably will.

There is a new design in the leather that is really nice if your wearing a suit.
Old 12-11-2017, 8:21 AM

Made right up the hill in Placerville, these are fantastic. Adjustable throughout the day as well.

Precision Holsters Tactical Conceal Nylon Belt
Old 12-11-2017, 8:30 PM

Quote:
It's at least time for a look, I am still wearing a Gen 3 every day, and have no reason to replace it, although the 6 is enough that I probably will.

There is a new design in the leather that is really nice if your wearing a suit.
I have the Gen 6, at least sounds like I do. I got it as a BF special. I’ve been running it for about 2 weeks now. I have mixed feelings about it. I love it and hate it at the same time. 1) it is a nice belt and definitely can run it with a suit (I have), 2) it’s endlessly adjustable, 3) it’s a stiff SOB, like too stiff, 4) wish the had more plain buckles (I don’t want to wear the Gadsden flag when at the office), and 5) the bad it kills my back. I haven’t figured out it If it needs to be broken in or I’m wearing it too tight or it’s flat out hurts. I’ve been playing with the tension but need to balance holding the weight of the gun vs comfort. Bottom line I want to love the belt, but my Hanks is a lot more comfortable. I’m only carrying a G19 or a Shield and never had any issues with the Hanks.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickmanfab View Post
I have the Gen 6, at least sounds like I do. I got it as a BF special. I’ve been running it for about 2 weeks now. I have mixed feelings about it. I love it and hate it at the same time. 1) it is a nice belt and definitely can run it with a suit (I have), 2) it’s endlessly adjustable, 3) it’s a stiff SOB, like too stiff, 4) wish the had more plain buckles (I don’t want to wear the Gadsden flag when at the office), and 5) the bad it kills my back. I haven’t figured out it If it needs to be broken in or I’m wearing it too tight or it’s flat out hurts. I’ve been playing with the tension but need to balance holding the weight of the gun vs comfort. Bottom line I want to love the belt, but my Hanks is a lot more comfortable. I’m only carrying a G19 or a Shield and never had any issues with the Hanks.
Can't love a belt that hurts. Should only be stiff in the horizontal, and not motion. Can you send me a picture of the belt & buckle. The belts themselves don't come with symbolic buckles those are additional cost separate purchases unless you had a club buy or business buy. I don't generally carry the alternate buckles but they are available. What / who is BF? Have you contacted Nexbelt?

Do you have any discomfort when wearing the belt without the gun? Where on the body are you wearing the gun? What model holster are you using with each?

Last edited by grantar2; 12-12-2017 at 11:28 AM..
Old 12-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member

Please note well I am calling the new Nexbelt version 6. they are calling it version 3.0 in their marketing. The difference is that they have made changes they count as continuous product improvement not significant changes. I considered them significant changes in that each improved the durability or functionality of the product and were beyond cosmetic.
When I have been out at the office and seen a change I consider significant, I have stopped stocking until the new version is available, as I want to be able to tell my client they have the best available.
Old 12-12-2017, 1:07 PM

Quote:
Can't love a belt that hurts. Should only be stiff in the horizontal, and not motion. Can you send me a picture of the belt & buckle. The belts themselves don't come with symbolic buckles those are additional cost separate purchases unless you had a club buy or business buy. I don't generally carry the alternate buckles but they are available. What / who is BF? Have you contacted Nexbelt?

Do you have any discomfort when wearing the belt without the gun? Where on the body are you wearing the gun? What model holster are you using with each?
Quote:
Please note well I am calling the new Nexbelt version 6. they are calling it version 3.0 in their marketing. The difference is that they have made changes they count as continuous product improvement not significant changes. I considered them significant changes in that each improved the durability or functionality of the product and were beyond cosmetic.
When I have been out at the office and seen a change I consider significant, I have stopped stocking until the new version is available, as I want to be able to tell my client they have the best available.
This is what I have —> https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/...-tactical-belt and I bought it on Black Friday (aka BF) direct from Nexbelt.

I carry AWIB, with a t-Rex raptor for the 19 and black arch for the shield. The last two days I’ve gone without a gun to make sure it’s not the gun/holster, and haven’t noticed it as much but it’s still there. At the same time, I never had the problem with my Hanks. I have been running it “looser” without the gun and it has helped. I think the issue is more the fact that I’m running it too tight? I’m still playing with it. For reference I’m 5’10 165lbs, so I’m a skinny twerp with no gut (or chest or arms or....).
Old 12-12-2017, 4:01 PM
Veteran Member

hickmanfab,
Since you carrying AIWB I suspect your right about wearing it too tight. Try to get yourself to ease off on the belt, especially when sitting. With AIWB carry there should be no rubbing to cause the kind of low back pain, most associated with 3 O'clock carry. Typically if there is a problem associated with AIWB it's heartburn, indigestion or diarrhea.
Do you wear your gun high or low?
Old 12-12-2017, 6:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
heartburn, indigestion or diarrhea.

Pepto Bismol

Maybe now you will get the joke

Last edited by 97F1504RAD; 12-13-2017 at 7:13 AM..
Old 12-12-2017, 6:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post
Pepto Bismol
Not helpful.

Actually never ignore discomfort from carrying AWIB. The risk of sever damage to the large intestine shouldn't be downplayed.

A good fitting holster, belt should not cause pain for CCW.
Old 12-12-2017, 9:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Not helpful.

Actually never ignore discomfort from carrying AWIB. The risk of sever damage to the large intestine shouldn't be downplayed.

Lighten up Francis It was a joke, haven’t you ever seen the commercials.
Old 12-12-2017, 9:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Not helpful.

Appreciate all of your input here Grantar!
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 12-12-2017, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post
Lighten up Francis It was a joke, haven’t you ever seen the commercials.
The name is Art, and I can be light heart-ed but I am pretty serious when it comes to someones health, and the products I represent, or recommend.
Old 12-13-2017, 6:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Art it was a joke relax, I edited the above post so maybe that will help u understand the joke I was making.

I get health issues are not a joke and was not making light of what u said other than those three key words.

Last edited by 97F1504RAD; 12-13-2017 at 7:12 AM..
Old 12-16-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
hickmanfab,
Since you carrying AIWB I suspect your right about wearing it too tight. Try to get yourself to ease off on the belt, especially when sitting. With AIWB carry there should be no rubbing to cause the kind of low back pain, most associated with 3 O'clock carry. Typically if there is a problem associated with AIWB it's heartburn, indigestion or diarrhea.
Do you wear your gun high or low?
So I played with this week. Loosening the belt helped significantly. I also realized with my shield I had no pain (aka back to normal) after loosening it, but with the 19 I was still having some pain (albeit bearable). I thought it was more a weight issue, but when I compared it to the shield they were close in weight. Then I looked at the holsters and how each ride on me. My shield rides fairly low, while the g19 is about an inch higher. So using that logic I lowered the g19 and walla no pain.

For the record no heartburn, diarrhea, indigestion, or upset stomach . Just lower back pain. I think it’s mainly because the Nexbelt is so much more adjustable i could get it “comfortably” tight. The Hanks has 1” adjustments so it either comfortable or “yep can’t feel my toes”. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thank you for the help in narrowing down the problem. I do wish you where closer. It would save me a lot of wasted time and money.
Old 12-16-2017, 6:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickmanfab View Post
So I played with this week. Loosening the belt helped significantly. I also realized with my shield I had no pain (aka back to normal) after loosening it, but with the 19 I was still having some pain (albeit bearable). I thought it was more a weight issue, but when I compared it to the shield they were close in weight. Then I looked at the holsters and how each ride on me. My shield rides fairly low, while the g19 is about an inch higher. So using that logic I lowered the g19 and walla no pain.

For the record no heartburn, diarrhea, indigestion, or upset stomach . Just lower back pain. I think it’s mainly because the Nexbelt is so much more adjustable i could get it “comfortably” tight. The Hanks has 1” adjustments so it either comfortable or “yep can’t feel my toes”. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thank you for the help in narrowing down the problem. I do wish you where closer. It would save me a lot of wasted time and money.
Your very welcome. This kind of situation is why even though we have an online store, and an eBay store I ask people to come see me at the few gun shows we do, or schedule a consultation at our location inside Artemis Defense Institute. It's also why (and some of the guys I have helped can confirm) I ask people to bring their existing equipment. Often I can adjust it, yeah I lose a sale, but it's the right thing to do.

I consider myself a concealed carry tailor. Having said that I have worked on Crew Stations and pilots flight suits to small arms units for special forces in my career. I believe that something your life will depend on should not be left to luck to get right.

Very glad to hear this works. What I would like to ask you to do, is in the new position, dress as you most often do, and practice drawing one handed to a close retention position, well seated, seat belted in your car, kneeling hiding behind a corner (can do this in your house and garage). prone, on your chest, on your back. Learn where your system has trouble. You should be able to slowly draw as to not draw attention, and Conan the the gun out of your holster as though you had a second to live.
Old 01-03-2018, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry4130 View Post
Max perdition makes a nice belt. It's a synthetic, but has held up insanely well for me. I don't ccw , but I wear this belt daily, and use it anytime I'm shooting (fun/camping, USPSA, or classes). It's about 5 years old now and looks practically new. This thing has been through rivers, surf, rocks, and mud.

I be ordering a new one here soon, as this one seems to have "shrank" over the last few years . I guess the wife will be getting a pass me down.

https://www.maxpedition.com/products...nt=31909408593

Edit: just realized that's the 1.25" belt. They also have a 1.5" option.
I came in to post this very belt. I wear it with everything. I've carried everything from G42 up to a fullsize 1911. My belt is 7 or 8 years old. It's held up extremely well.
Old 01-03-2018, 8:58 PM

Quote:
You don't need a gun belt to carry a G43. In fact you depending on holster you don't need a belt at all. It is quite likely what you have will work fine for a G43. The only issue you have to resolve is if your holster uses a clip that secures under the belt, then your belt has to be thick enough to assure the clip wont slip off the belt when you yank hard on your gun.

Much of this belt stuff is from the days of OWB carry and or carrying full size service weapons with hi caps in a heavy caliber such as 45.

If you want to wear a thin belt what you need to concentrate in on the holsters clip, and the fact is there are clips available that don't require you to wear a belt at all.

Feel free to call if you want to discuss.
I agree. I CCW with a $12 Levi Strauss belt I bought at Ross. Its 1.5 inches and 2 mm thick of pretty stiff leather. Works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2018, 5:26 PM

For thin belts both thickness and width use an Ulticlip. It snaps on tight and has a pretty low profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk