Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Young Calgunners
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Young Calgunners This forum is for our younger members, the sons and daughters of Calgunners, younger guests and their parents.

Old 01-11-2015, 3:12 PM

Default Peep sights for CZ 452 youth

will try here and may cross post in the rimfire section. I picked up a CZ 452 youth for my kids since it has a single shot sled and also takes 5 and 10 round magazines. I took them to the youth riffle training class this weekend and they had a blast. my 11 year did really well and will be trying prone next time out. I'd like to setup the 452 for him so he'd be able to use our own gun so he'll know it and won't have to adjust to whatever gun he ends up with when we go. however the 452 has leaf sights and would need to pick up some peep sights. I'm trying to find out which would be the best sights to add. I have only found 2 choices.

first would be the tech sights:
http://www.tech-sights.com/cz452-3.htm

or sights from William gun sight co
http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail...W-Target-Knobs

I was wondering if there are any other options or if anyone has feed back on either or both.

thanks
Old 01-11-2015, 5:30 PM

Both sights work well as a peep sight, the differences are:

The Williams peep sight would give you easier adjustability for windage/elevation from the knobs. Works great as a target sight.

The Tech-Sights are more durable - closer to military sights but require tools for windage and elevation, the M16 sight tool works well.

Hope that helps
Old 01-11-2015, 6:30 PM

seems for on the fly adjustments the williams seem like the choice. they seem like you can use the stock front sight. looks like they just mount onto the dovetail rail.
Old 01-12-2015, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_cue View Post
will try here and may cross post in the rimfire section. I picked up a CZ 452 youth for my kids since it has a single shot sled and also takes 5 and 10 round magazines. I took them to the youth riffle training class this weekend and they had a blast. my 11 year did really well and will be trying prone next time out. I'd like to setup the 452 for him so he'd be able to use our own gun so he'll know it and won't have to adjust to whatever gun he ends up with when we go. however the 452 has leaf sights and would need to pick up some peep sights. I'm trying to find out which would be the best sights to add. I have only found 2 choices.

first would be the tech sights:
http://www.tech-sights.com/cz452-3.htm

or sights from William gun sight co
http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail...W-Target-Knobs

I was wondering if there are any other options or if anyone has feed back on either or both.

thanks

Hey Jay -
I've been kicking around the idea of peep sights for my 452 as well. I keep hearing good things about BRNO sights and I may go this route with a globe front. Check out this thread on rimfirecentral. I'll be contacting Denny soon.
Old 01-12-2015, 9:44 PM
Calguns Addict

After putting Williams sights on all my handi rifle barrels, I'll not buy them again unless there is a compelling reason to do so. Maybe they are great, but they feel like airsoft equipment.

I put NECG sights on my CZ and could not be happier. They cost much more than the Williams stuff, but made from steel not aluminum, and are much nicer to mount and sight.

If NECG makes a peep that will clamp to the bridge of the action, I would strongly consider it.
Old 01-13-2015, 6:56 AM

thanks for the input. I'll check those other sights out. started to lean towards tech sights.