Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-03-2013, 3:38 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Exclamation CGSSA News: Glendale Gun Show Banned!

[/QUOTE]

3 Pages - Read Down

Councilmember Najarian motioned that the matter be tabled until after the March, 2013 show, and that all Councilmembers should attend to evaluate the show firsthand. He did not receive a second.
  • 1. Motion Directing the Director of Community Services and Parks to Exercise the City’s Option in the Civic Auditorium Rental Agreements (“Facility Permits”) of Terminating for Convenience (under Paragraph No. 46) the Facility Permits with Mr. Steve Friesen for the Gun Shows Scheduled this Year and Following Years.
  • Action not Taken
  • 2. Urgency Ordinance for Introduction Enacting a Moratorium on the Possession or Sale of Firearms and Ammunition on City-Owned Property
  • Action not Taken
  • 3. Motion Directing the City Attorney to Conduct Further Research on Options for an Ordinance Prohibiting Possession and/or Sales of Firearms on City-Owned Property, and to Prepare a Draft Ordinance for Council Consideration
  • Action Taken

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

Last edited by pennys dad; 03-12-2013 at 8:40 PM..
Old 02-03-2013, 3:39 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

Last edited by pennys dad; 02-20-2013 at 7:59 AM..
Old 02-03-2013, 3:39 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

UPDATE 2/20/13

The Glendale City Council directed the City Attorney to draft an ordinance that would ban the gun show while "having the ability to withstand legal challenges." The Glendale City Attorney has until March 5th to present the ordinance to the city council, when they expect to vote on it.

April 2nd is Important because it is Glendale's Election day for the offices of Treasurer, City Council and others.

Now wouldn't it be AWESOME if Firearms Owners and Supporters living and Voting in Glendale "Voted OUT of Office"
Council Member Laura Friedman - VOTE HER OUT
and
Council Member Rafi Manoukian - VOTE HIM OUT

Quote:
Tuesday, April 2, Glendale will hold its biennial municipal election where voters can cast ballots for the offices of Treasurer, City Clerk, City Council, Community College Board of Trustees, and Glendale Unified School Board. Also up for the consideration of voters are three measures for Charter amendments. City of Glendale Press Release
JAN 22nd Meeting Notes

Quote:
Specific quote: . City Attorney, re: Discussion of Gun Shows on City Property
1. Motion Directing the Director of Community Services and Parks to Exercise the City’s Option
in the Civic Auditorium Rental Agreements (“Facility Permits”) of Terminating for
Convenience (under Paragraph No. 46) the Facility Permits with Mr. Steve Friesen for the
Gun Shows Scheduled this Year and Following Years
2. Urgency Ordinance for Introduction Enacting a Moratorium on the Possession or Sale of
Firearms and Ammunition on City-Owned Property
3. Motion Directing the City Attorney to Conduct Further Research on Options for an Ordinance
Prohibiting Possession and/or Sales of Firearms on City-Owned Property
Meeting notes attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CC_8b_021913.pdf (981.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by pennys dad; 02-20-2013 at 10:17 AM..
Old 02-03-2013, 9:23 PM
C3 Leader

I will be there.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 PM
CGN Contributor

Too far from me. I'm in NoCal.

Cap
In the final analysis, rights in a Republic are protected by the people themselves. If civic virtu does not reside in the people - no constitution, no bill of rights, no legislative body and no court will be able to preserve our liberties.... Keep educating your neighbors and friends about the legacy of freedom that founded this nation and remind them what it takes to keep it free. --Don Kilmer
Old 02-07-2013, 5:09 PM

What happened with this?
"Tyranny derives from the oligarchy's mistrust of the people; hence they deprive them of arms, ill-treat the lower class, and keep them from residing in the capital. These are common to oligarchy and tyranny."

Aristotle in Politics (J. Sinclair translation, pg. 218, 1962)
Old 02-08-2013, 7:05 PM

So what is the deal with this? Any updates? Do we get one more fighting chance?

Side note-
I was told one of Glendales council members had a son who shot and killed a woman. Was sentenced to 25 years and only served 8 because Daddy pulled some strings. Is this true? And who is it?
Old 02-19-2013, 7:54 PM

Default Glendale Gunshow

Those who have read the beginning of thread and wonder what happened. You can surmise from the link the proposed met with reason. The show is scheduled for 2013.
http://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/g...e-ca-gun-show/

The best gun to use is the one you have right now.
Old 02-20-2013, 7:06 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

No updates, that I have seen. The March show is still scheduled, but it always was, beyond that, we do not know.

Glendale Gun Show Link
Glendale Gun Show
Glendale Civic Auditorium, CA
1401 North Verdugo Rd. Glendale CA 91208
March 2-3, 2013
Show Hours
Saturday 9-5
Sunday 9-4
Please do not park on residential streets,
Please park in the Glendale Civic Parking lots or other city metered lots.
Thank you for your understanding
YES the March Show is still on as scheduled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyes USA View Post
So what is the deal with this? Any updates? Do we get one more fighting chance?

Side note-
I was told one of Glendales council members had a son who shot and killed a woman. Was sentenced to 25 years and only served 8 because Daddy pulled some strings. Is this true? And who is it?

Old 02-20-2013, 8:07 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Go to post 3 for an update 2/20

Quote:
Here is my question: How do we Participate in the Glendale Election?
How do we reach out and work on getting someone "Voted Out"?

Last edited by pennys dad; 02-20-2013 at 8:34 AM..
Old 02-20-2013, 9:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post

Glendale has a large Armenian population. Mostly immigrants. Armenians opposed to guns..... yeah....

mala tempora currunt
Old 03-11-2013, 7:48 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Quote:
March 12, 2013 the Glendale City Counsel will bring up an ordinance to ban the Glendale Gun Show from using public property.

If you can be there please come.
If you can not be there, please call or email or fax your disapproval of this ordnance.

Contact information:

Glendale City Council

NRA One CLick

Old 03-12-2013, 9:14 AM
Agent 86
CGN Contributor

A much expanded ban on possesion of firearms at all city owned properties is now proposed:

http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/governm..._8a_031213.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
I don't really care, I just like to argue.
Old 03-12-2013, 8:37 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Old 03-12-2013, 8:45 PM
Veteran Member

How very lame... I guess Glendale wants to go the way of Alameda? Hoping this doesn't take years like Alameda did.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 03-12-2013, 8:50 PM

Did they ban the show?

mala tempora currunt
Old 03-12-2013, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVino View Post
Did they ban the show?
can't you read the thread? look 2 posts up, its banned, last show was earlier this month.
Old 03-12-2013, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
can't you read the thread? look 2 posts up, its banned, last show was earlier this month.
Can't you perceive incredulousness?

mala tempora currunt
Old 03-12-2013, 10:05 PM

I love California, but I don't think I'll stay if we as a state continue to allow our rights to be taken.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 PM

Why not get involved in one of the growing number of CA gun rights groups?

mala tempora currunt
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 PM

Doesn't Nordyke make it not possible for them to ban it?
Quote:
"Those who would ban extended magazines, will say that although hundreds of thousands are in circulation and thousands more will surely be sold before a ban is enacted, it will be worth it if it saves just one life. But the other half of that question must be asked, too: Is it worth it if it costs just one life?" Stephen Hunter
Old 03-13-2013, 6:51 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmGuy View Post
I love California, but I don't think I'll stay if we as a state continue to allow our rights to be taken.
I agree with DrVino on this, stay and fight. What we need right now are fighters.
California is the poster child for the Anti Second Amendment movement and we need to fight against this, we Californians should not roll over to the deconstruction of our rights by the followers of Cocteau's Plan (Demolition Man).
Fight Back and if you need a hand figuring out how, send me an email and I will help Jacob@CGSSA.ORG

Old 03-13-2013, 7:04 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77bawls View Post
Doesn't Nordyke make it not possible for them to ban it?
The city Attorney states that because it is an Ordinance providing direction on how to "use" city property, that if challenge (and they do not believe it will be) it will stand on it's own.
It is like saying (actually stated by Manoukian) "I can tell you not have a gun in my house, this is the same thing".

Link to Glendale Gun Show Ban Ordinance

Additionally the ban may fail if challenged but in the mean time our right as Americans to the legal, responsible and regulated Self Expression of our Second Amendment Right has been put out with the trash!

According to this "Ordinance" you and I as gun owners are now enemies of the public safety.

1) Introduction of Ordinance Banning the Possession or Sale of Firearms and Ammunition on City Owned Property.
2) Motion Directing the Director of Community Services and Parks, on or after April 19, 2013, to Terminate for Convenience the Civic Auditorium Rental Agreements for the Upcoming August and November Gun Shows, and 3 shows in 2014.

The Ordinance adds Chapter 9.25 to the Glendale Municipal Code ("GMC") to prohibit the possession and/or sale of firearms and ammunition on City of Glendale property.
1. Purpose and Findings
Its articulated purpose is to "protect public safety by protecting vulnerable populations- a high number of children and adults who congregate at sensitive places such as city buildings, city playgrounds, city community centers, and other city public facilities; enable the public to visit city
property, buildings, and facilities ("city properties") without fear of endangerment from gun violence or accidental injuries; and prevent city properties from being used to subsidize activities that can endanger public safety and health." (GMC §9.25.01 O(A).) A related section explains
the many ways in which the Ordinance is related to these important and significant governmental interests. (§9.25.01 0(8).)
2. Scope
The Ordinance applies to "all property and any buildings thereon, owned, leased, or subleased by the City of Glendale ("City") and in the City's possession- or in the possession of a public or private entity, corporation, or person under contract with the City to perform a public purposeincluding, but not limited to, the following property: parks, playgrounds, open space, plazas, community centers, facilities (including the Glendale Civic Auditorium, the City's Civic Center Complex, and City libraries), parking lots, and parking structures." (§9.25.030(A).)

Last edited by pennys dad; 03-13-2013 at 7:47 AM..
Old 03-13-2013, 5:04 PM

Super lame!
Old 03-13-2013, 6:33 PM

No surprise here.
Old 03-14-2013, 5:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Seems like a good argument for not letting the city own this venue. They ough to sell it if they have 'fears' about this or that group using it and there by associating things with the city they don't want associated.
Old 03-19-2013, 8:13 PM
Veteran Member

How can a city, state, or any other public entity by ordinance BAN or outright deny a citizen's rights in the US Constitution?

Can they BAN your freedom of speech because you're on city property?

If you are at a city park paid for by your taxpayer dollars, do you thereby waive your 4th amendment rights?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 PM

As mentioned above, Glendale is populated by a high amount of immigrants. I am pretty sure while there are thousands of firearm owners in Glendale, the majority of them are young and too busy driving their m3 100mph down glenoaks, or older owners who are no longer "active". Anyone running for any government position in Glendale who's name ends with "ian" or "yan", will be hard to keep/remove from office. I'm "white", and have been told by a liquor store owner "your kind is not welcome here".

While this is a blow to us Americans who would love to see this show continue, with the ignorance of this community... Not looking good. To those of you who are not familiar with the corruption in Glendale, please look here:http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...ewfoIPdkYN4jGw
Notice the last names as I mentioned a above. No, I'm not racist, don't take this wrong. But I've dealt with this community for the past 8 years. While some of the residents are great people, a lot are very corrupt.

Thank you Glendale....

TURBOELKY
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM

I'd just like to state that not all Armenian immigrants are anti-2A. My aunt's husband is Armenian, and he's pro-2A. Makes sense, since he owns a service station in San Jose, and has been robbed more than once.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-20-2013, 10:57 AM

Yeah, didn't mean to generalize. By no means am I biased towards any one race, religion or sex. But in GLENDALE, there is very very small amount of residents who will fight for this. I prey I'm proved different, and I would gladly put my foot in my mouth, take a picture, and post it.

TURBOELKY
Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareback View Post
As mentioned above, Glendale is populated by a high amount of immigrants. I am pretty sure while there are thousands of firearm owners in Glendale, the majority of them are young and too busy driving their m3 100mph down glenoaks, or older owners who are no longer "active". Anyone running for any government position in Glendale who's name ends with "ian" or "yan", will be hard to keep/remove from office. I'm "white", and have been told by a liquor store owner "your kind is not welcome here".

While this is a blow to us Americans who would love to see this show continue, with the ignorance of this community... Not looking good. To those of you who are not familiar with the corruption in Glendale, please look here:http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...ewfoIPdkYN4jGw
Notice the last names as I mentioned a above. No, I'm not racist, don't take this wrong. But I've dealt with this community for the past 8 years. While some of the residents are great people, a lot are very corrupt.

Thank you Glendale....
1) Not sure how this is 2A-related.

2) Rather than prancing about, just say what you want to say: Armenians!

3) The site you linked to is a well-known anti-Armenian page run by Turks and Azerbaijanis to defame and disparage Armenians. Congratulations on doing your research and reducing a 5000 year-old culture to some stories about fraud and gangsters. I'll guess you ignored everything else when you typed "Armenians" in Google - if that's what you searched for in the first place.

4) Manoukian (Armenian) spearheaded the issue but Najarian (Armenian) was the one most strongly opposed to it. I guess that argument about Armenians and 2A kind of goes out the door.

5) Yes, you're racist.
Old 03-20-2013, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshowhr View Post

5) Yes, you're racist.
Just as a note, having been to Glendale many times and gone to school there... What he said about people making comments about "white people aren't welcome" was clearly indicated to me several times when I was in school there by the locals.

I don't think it is racist to point out the Armenian demographic or "general" attitude of the people living in the city, regardless of the age of their culture.
Old 03-20-2013, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshowhr View Post
1) Not sure how this is 2A-related.

2) Rather than prancing about, just say what you want to say: Armenians!

3) The site you linked to is a well-known anti-Armenian page run by Turks and Azerbaijanis to defame and disparage Armenians. Congratulations on doing your research and reducing a 5000 year-old culture to some stories about fraud and gangsters. I'll guess you ignored everything else when you typed "Armenians" in Google - if that's what you searched for in the first place.

4) Manoukian (Armenian) spearheaded the issue but Najarian (Armenian) was the one most strongly opposed to it. I guess that argument about Armenians and 2A kind of goes out the door.

5) Yes, you're racist.
Maybe I am. Although my buddy Vartan, andranik, melik, Vachek, and Serg don't think so. Idk. I enjoy Armenian coffee!? Hey, how would you like it if some punks (who's nationality I won't mention *cough*) ran up to your mom in the alley (who you take care of after her battle with cancer) on a certain "pride" day and yell in her face running around her in circles "Armenian power, Armenian power!!"? You need to hear more, pm me. We'll see how long this stays up before a mod comes along.
Turboelky

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdier View Post
Just as a note, having been to Glendale many times and gone to school there... What he said about people making comments about "white people aren't welcome" was clearly indicated to me several times when I was in school there by the locals.

I don't think it is racist to point out the Armenian demographic or "general" attitude of the people living in the city, regardless of the age of their culture.
I've been discriminated so many times is ridiculous. So has my mother at several stores, and the SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE.!! Thank you for making me aware of the schools too.

TURBOELKY
Old 03-21-2013, 1:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I understand the vote was 3 vs 2 .
Seems one of the antis should be replaced with a pro ,not only would this bring back GS it would send a message that being against the bill of rights is a good way to get retired from office.

If many of us contribute to a credible challenger against one targeted incumbent ,we can win this battle.

Any in Glendale want to start the ball rolling?
Old 03-21-2013, 9:09 PM

Does the City of Glendale own any Subsidized Housing?
If so there may be direct 2A violations.
with a Free Floating Piston...
Old 03-22-2013, 2:48 PM

Laura Friedman running for re-election. Some of her contributers.

http://youtu.be/3mT6ALySQpA
Old 03-22-2013, 3:27 PM

Chahe KerEgulian is also running and he is anti 2a, specifically against gun shows in Glendale.
Old 03-22-2013, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-V View Post
Does the City of Glendale own any Subsidized Housing?
If so there may be direct 2A violations.
Please elaborate.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:13 PM

Quote:

Thank you Glendale....

Quote:

Thank you Glendale....
I apologize in advance to all my fellow cal gunners, but I gotta post this. I promise this is my first and last comment on this subject there will be no other deviations from the subject.

Hey genius,
The United States in its entirety consists of immigrants (with exception of most African-Americans who were brought here by force.) So your discovery that Glendale is populated with immigrants is what exactly? Oh I get it, since you're "white" you see all other non-whites as immigrants, and then you allege that you are not racist.

Listen man, I lived in Glendale for 16 years and I have yet to see or witness an owner of any Armenian run store to be rude to their customers. So if you were told, "your kind is not welcome here" which I highly doubt, but maybe YOU HAD IT COMING MY FRIEND.

It is true that one cannot deny the existence of corruption at any government level. But in no way this gives right to form an opinion about an entire ethnic group. The language of your post although not explicitly, suggests and implies that all Armenians are corrupt as evidenced by this statement, "anyone running with last name ending ian yan will be hard to remove." Most of City of Bell officials that were involved in corruption and currently on trial were Hispanic. So based on your analogy, anyone with Hispanic last name that runs for office is corrupt. The list can go on an on, the Watergate Heard of it? Corruption at the highest level of our government and who were the participants? Yeah you guessed it............so do apply the same analogy.

Yeah and stop hating on kids who drive BMs and other luxury cars that you can't even dream of. They do it because they can!
The question is can you?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:48 PM

Rafi Manoujian is running unopposed as Treasurer on my ballot. Not sure what leaving it blank will accomplish, but I will leave it blank.