Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

Default Free NRA membership Active LE, Fire and Military

https://signup.nralifeofduty.tv/Signup.aspx
Old 01-19-2014, 2:43 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

This will probably bring out the trolls in OT.
Old 01-19-2014, 5:38 PM

And I just renewed my membership last week. What the heck I'll try this also. Thanks RP
Old 01-19-2014, 5:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
It's out of control over there. Not worth getting involved in any thread involving LEO's.
Old 01-19-2014, 7:46 PM

Thanks just got mine
Old 01-19-2014, 8:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Upgraded to life last year.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 01-19-2014, 8:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CavScout View Post
It's out of control over there. Not worth getting involved in any thread involving LEO's.
They are the reason that I will never work any Calguns booth or event.
Nor will I sell any firearms to or buy from unless I already know the person or they are a LEO.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 01-19-2014, 9:17 PM

what the heck, i signed up...even though i sign up every year anyways.
Old 01-20-2014, 6:28 AM

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-20-2014, 2:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Nor will I sell any firearms to or buy from unless I already know the person or they are a LEO.
Sadly. If I saw a calgunner in the street I wouldn't introduce myself. If I saw the
CalGuns booth, I'd just keep walking. I'll never publically associate with this website. Many here in this forum are just as ignorant, hateful and blind as the gun haters, and are identical in almost every way.

Which is sad because this site is a goldmine of knowledge and has significant potential.
Old 01-20-2014, 5:43 PM

Well said Irish Joe.
Old 01-20-2014, 5:56 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
Please report it if that occurs.

Quote:
Quote:
If I saw the
CalGuns booth, I'd just keep walking. I'll never publically associate with this website.
That is unfortunate TRICKSTER and IrishJoe3 that you feel that way. I began working the Costa Mesa gun show in OC within the first year I joined. I know not everyone working it initially knew I was retired leo. I never heard any disparaging remarks about leos from any of the members working.

I've worked many gun show booths since then and have organized special events like the shoots at Lytle Creek (prior to 2011), two different Rod Runs and Raahauge's Sports Fair in Corona. I have also attended various Calguns shoots and had a great time. Not only have I not heard one disparaging remark about leos from any of those members I worked with or met, I have made some close friends from working these booths over the years.

Yes, we all know there are some here who dislike leos and are very vocal about it. The staff requests that when something is posted that you believe violates the rules that you simply report it and don't get into an argument with the member. Let us look into it and handle appropriately.

I honestly believe you are missing out on meeting some good people at the different Calgun events. I understand that is your choice and I also understand why you have these feelings, but I believe the old saying, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" is appropriate.

If you do contact members at a Calguns event like a gun show and you run into some AHs, then simply leave. I think tho, you would be pleasantly surprised as to how nice most members are.

Please don't consider this a lecture, because I certainly don't mean it that way. I am just imparting my experiences since I joined in late 2007.
Old 01-20-2014, 6:44 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CavScout View Post
You are a real piece of work aren't you. Why even make that stupid comment. Try using the brain God gave you before posting.

I'm not LE, but I sure do appreciate the fact that their there for us, day in and day out, putting their life on the line to keep us safe. Yea, I'm a civilian and damm proud of our Law Enforcement Officers

USS Bristol County LST 1198
Attack Squadron Seven...Mission-Assault
Gator Navy
VFW
American Legion
NRA

Cat herding by appt. only.- The crazy cat man.
Old 01-20-2014, 6:54 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by katranch View Post
You are a real piece of work aren't you. Why even make that stupid comment. Try using the brain God gave you before posting.

I'm not LE, but I sure do appreciate the fact that their there for us, day in and day out, putting their life on the line to keep us safe. Yea, I'm a civilian and damm proud of our Law Enforcement Officers
I believe you misunderstood his comment. I believe he is saying it isn't worth it for a leo to get involved in OT because of the anti leo comments made by some. I don't know if he is a leo or not, but I do know that per the rules for this site you are not supposed to make comments that are a personal attack against another member (the bolded part).
Old 01-20-2014, 6:59 PM
Veteran Member

^^^ That is exactly what I meant, thanks for the clarification. I recently retired from a large SoCal agency BTW.
Old 01-20-2014, 7:00 PM

Thank you
Old 01-20-2014, 7:21 PM

I dont know what to say except I'm very sorry 1CavScout. Im so tired of the negative comments about LE . I feel horrible.

USS Bristol County LST 1198
Attack Squadron Seven...Mission-Assault
Gator Navy
VFW
American Legion
NRA

Cat herding by appt. only.- The crazy cat man.
Old 01-20-2014, 7:34 PM

Quote:
I dont know what to say except I'm very sorry 1CavScout. Im so tired of the negative comments about LE . I feel horrible.
Very rare. A man acting like a man. Trust me, youre not the 1st to put his keyboard in his mouth...LOL.

I have to agree with TRICKSTER and IrishJoe.....I learned very early that this place is full of Cop Haters......IrishJoe said it best. It's a true shame that the potential of this site will never be realized.

What the haters don't realize is that 99.9% of us are staunch 2nd Amendment Right Defenders. Are we sometimes perceived as the evil tool of crappy politics? Absoulutely we are. A harsh reality of the profession......But all in all we are NOT the enemy.

Last edited by WyattandDoc; 01-20-2014 at 7:36 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 7:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
No problem. Don't sweat it. Just a misunderstanding.
Old 01-20-2014, 8:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
Please don't consider this a lecture, because I certainly don't mean it that way. I am just imparting my experiences since I joined in late 2007.
Not taken that way at all. I do respect your perspectives and opinions. 

Quote:
I honestly believe you are missing out on meeting some good people at the different Calgun events. I understand that is your choice and I also understand why you have these feelings, but I believe the old saying, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" is appropriate.
You’re probably right. But I feel I have ventured quite a bit. I came here with an open mind, and the intention getting a better more accurate understanding of the existing gun laws. This was around when OLLs took off. I did (and still do) feel strongly that it is completely unacceptable for someone else to pay the price for my lack of understanding of the law.

And I have learned a LOT. I think it has paid off greatly, as I am a firearm instructor, FTO etc. I teach what I have learned to my troops, and when they encounter a firearm situation they are unsure of (*coughcough a calgunner coughcough*) they call me instead of doing what they think is correct. I would LOVE to send my guys here so they can learn and grow on their own. But as long as the environment here remains what it is, that’s never ever gonna happen.

Which is extremely unfortunate for two reaons. One, because I think LEOs in general are naive to what its really like dealing with the crap laws we have, and would have much to gain from seeing those laws through the eyes of the community. And two, MOST gun owners cops deal with are thugs that just offed someone. So, it would do WORLDS of improvement to the public relations between LEOs and civilians if law enforcement officers could see that gun owners are normal people just like us who enjoy their hobbies, just like us.

So, coming here with an open mind, I presumed others were the same. I’ve engaged in discussions and debates and spent considerable time crafting articulate, thoughtful responses that were designed to clarify one point or another. In return, I’ve been insulted, abused, dismissed, and my ethics and morality questioned. I expect that at work. Except I’m not at work. I’m at home, on days off. I’ve learned there are many here who have no interest in self-development, no desire to learn or share, and who never grew up beyond the 8 year old kid who sticks his fingers in his ears and closes his eyes while sticking out their tongue.

Frankly, f----‘m. I have no interest in discussing it any more. I’ll browse the C&Rs, look for steals in the Parts and Accessories, and cruise OT for kicks and giggles. I’ll continue to do my job with pride, honor and professionalism, but I have no interest in discussing it or attempting to explain anything. That Us Vs. Them? Yeah, it exists. I tried to bridge it, but ended up getting gang raped.

Quote:
If you do contact members at a Calguns event like a gun show and you run into some AHs, then simply leave. I think tho, you would be pleasantly surprised as to how nice most members are.
Firearms, shooting and collecting, are my passions. I do it to relax and because I enjoy it. I have no interest in associating with a group that would require me to walk on eggshells. I have to watch my back at work. I shouldn’t have to in my hobbies. Thanks for the invite but honestly, I’m not interested.

Peace.

-IJ
Old 02-10-2014, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 003 View Post
Thank you for posting this

ratled