Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 07-27-2009, 7:55 PM

Cool.
Old 07-27-2009, 8:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Looks good so far. Maybe you might want to add something about questions like

what is the best handgun for me
what is the best caliber
what is better glock or xyz
what is the best shotgun

things like this can be found using a search because these things have been beaten to death and it irks me when they come up because there is no point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Old 07-28-2009, 8:53 AM

Just wanted to mention that this is a great thread, answered some questions I had.

Jim
Old 07-31-2009, 5:22 PM

Default Threaded 16" DPMS barrel

I recently purchased a 16" DPMS barrel for my AR build. When it arrived I noticed it had a threaded tip. I was told that it was illegal to have a threaded barrel in CA. The online business I bought it from never said that to me and shipped it to CA anyway. I purchased a Vortex G6 flash hider for it. Is this legal or illegal if I just attach it tight? If not what do I need to do to make it legal. The vortex instructions say its self tightening. Not sure if this is good enough. My Ar is over 30" in Length, Has a bullet button and only will have 10 rd mags. Can anyone please let me know the straight scoop. Id appreciate it.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by guntercopeland View Post
I recently purchased a 16" DPMS barrel for my AR build. When it arrived I noticed it had a threaded tip. I was told that it was illegal to have a threaded barrel in CA. The online business I bought it from never said that to me and shipped it to CA anyway. I purchased a Vortex G6 flash hider for it. Is this legal or illegal if I just attach it tight? If not what do I need to do to make it legal. The vortex instructions say its self tightening. Not sure if this is good enough. My Ar is over 30" in Length, Has a bullet button and only will have 10 rd mags. Can anyone please let me know the straight scoop. Id appreciate it.
This thread is not for questions. Please post in the centerfire or gunsmith section

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Old 10-22-2009, 6:21 PM

Default Purchasing Primers on line

Hi, I'm new to this forum but a long time member of Chabot Gun Club though I haven't shot there in a few years I've kept up my membership dues.
I've dusted off the Dillion 550B and set it up to get ready to load some SWC 45 ACP and noticed I'm running short on primers.
It's been awhile since I've ordered any ammo or components on line (CMP,Dillon,Midway) I was wondering what if anything has changed these last 5 years? I live in San Francisco and have received ammo from CMP with no problems but that was awhile ago. Is there any problems with ordering large pistol primers on line nowadays?
One thing I have noticed the price sure has gone up.
Thanks,
Bob
Old 12-15-2009, 5:35 PM

new memeber here..and new to southern california..
iam in the market to buy a complete ar-15 or simply build one..can anyone recommend a good and informative dealer in los angeles area..a dealer that knows the laws of owning and building an ar-15..
any help would be very much appreciated
thansk mike
Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 PM

Hi everybody,

I am ignatiusmael.I am new to this site.I am here for discussing some new topics.I hope this site will help me to understand quickly.
I would like to say "hi" to all members,Welcome to the forum.

thank you!!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:57 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

There are soo many single posters that come and go, does CG send them emails asking for input???
Old 12-30-2009, 6:33 PM

i have a question. If i was to buy an ar-15 223 would it be legal to have in ca
Old 12-30-2009, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asser101 View Post
i have a question. If i was to buy an ar-15 223 would it be legal to have in ca
Great post, look up "CA AW ID Flowchart" http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf
Old 01-26-2010, 4:45 PM

htpeters,
I was the regional LE manager for S&W for several years. They always stood behind their stuff 100%. It's been a while since I worked for them, but I'll tell you now, if that .500 let go, there was an over pressure situation. What may have cause it, only you can answer. Moderate loads don't blow up guns unless there was a barrel obstruction. The X frame guns are tuff. I've seen them take proof loads way beyond common sense. I've seen S&W replace blown guns at no charge. Call them first. They'll pay for shipping both ways.
Tell them up front, you don't know why it happened, but don't BS them. That's all you can do.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:43 PM

Default OLL Question

Is a Norinco Mak 90 "Sporter" banned or is it different than the Mak 90 without the "sporter" marking in the end. The same question goes to a Bushmaster "Carbon 15" Pistol, as opposed to a Bushmaster Pistol without the "Carbon 15" marking. Both Mak 90 and Bushmaster Pistol are on the list, but I have my doubts about the similar named ones.
Old 05-03-2010, 5:56 PM

Default new to the fire are world.

I am new to the firearm world and have many question and can really use some direction.

I have a m1 carbine. want to install a pistol grip non-folding stock. is this a legal gun under cal law.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

AD

Last edited by adsurf1; 05-03-2010 at 9:42 PM..
Old 05-03-2010, 7:18 PM

I'm still something of a newb, so make sure to confirm with someone more experienced but my understanding is that if you want to have a pistol grip (or other "evil" feature") you need to fix the magazine in some way. Either through use of a device that stops the gun from dropping mags without a simple tool or by making the mag permanently affixed or welded. And then you can only use 10 round mags.

There are some flowcharts on the top menu bar that are very helpful. Check them out. Here is one to get you started.

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

If you don't want to modify the gun or lose the ability to use your preban-purchased hi-cap mags you will need to not install the pistol grips.
I am a member of the human race. All relevant information is to be found in my passport. And except when there is good reason for suspecting me of some crime, I will refuse to submit to police interrogation, on the grounds that any such interrogation is an intolerable nuisance. And life being as short as it is, a waste of time. Any infringement on my privacy, or interference with my liberty, any assault, however petty, against my dignity as a human being, will be rigorously prosecuted-Orson W.

Last edited by Dangerpin; 05-03-2010 at 7:20 PM..
Old 05-03-2010, 9:49 PM

wow, guess i could have figured. origional stock is on. thanks for the info. ill check out the link and figure this out. again thanks!
Old 05-28-2010, 3:24 PM

This was exactly the post I was looking for...great info thx
Old 06-22-2010, 12:48 PM

Great ifo, Jicko!
Thanks for putting this up to reference.
Cheers-

Last edited by Schützenweber; 06-22-2010 at 1:25 PM..
Old 11-23-2010, 1:11 AM

Why is every thing in this forum AR related? What about answers in how to deal with dishonest ppl that lie, flake and break their word on making deals?

My son got ripped off from a member, he sent him money and did not receive his gun...tune is $650.00. Other person claims he can't afford to pay him back...Who does he fall back on to get help here?? Where are the owners and mods to do something?

Where are answers to those questions??

Is there a question and answer section on these items? IE dealing with ppl that break their word on a deal, steal etc etc.

How to deal with dishonest ppl? This forum is not exempt from lairs thief's and cons. They are every where...more so here as it's take the money and look the other way...are they banned from here or just get a bad remark posted against them?

How many bad complaints b4 they are banned? Or are they banned?? Who's to say if they create another profile and continue business as usual?

Would be interesting to know.

Just wondering...but I've not been here that long and have experienced lots of flakes and wasting time, if a person gives their word then they should keep it.

What good are rules and mods if everyone does what they want?? It seems that's what's going on in here...

Whats a person to do???
Old 11-23-2010, 8:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMalteseFalcon View Post
Why is every thing in this forum AR related? What about answers in how to deal with dishonest ppl that lie, flake and break their word on making deals?

My son got ripped off from a member, he sent him money and did not receive his gun...tune is $650.00. Other person claims he can't afford to pay him back...Who does he fall back on to get help here?? Where are the owners and mods to do something?

Is there a question and answer section on these items? IE dealing with ppl that break their word on a deal, steal etc etc.

How to deal with dishonest ppl? This forum is not exempt from lairs thief's and cons. They are every where...more so here as it's take the money and look the other way...are they banned from here or just get a bad remark posted against them?

How many bad complaints b4 they are banned? Or are they banned?? Who's to say if they create another profile and continue business as usual?

Just wondering...but I've not been here that long and have experienced lots of flakes and wasting time, if a person gives their word then they should keep it.

What good are rules and mods if everyone does what they want?? It seems that's what's going on in here...

Whats a person to do???
Have you read the marketplace rules? Here is a link. Rule #2 is the answer to a few of your questions. Sorry that you/your son got ripped off, but there really isn't much moderators or Kes can do about it. Bans aren't very effective because it is very easy to just re-register a different account.

A few suggestions on how to minimize the risk of getting ripped off:
- Look to do deals with established members, members with at least some post count and/or an iTrader rating.
- I personally only do deals with people who have an iTrader with a 100% rating. It just isn't worth the hassle for me to deal with people I can't trust.

What can you do? If the person who ripped you/your son off has a somewhat significant post count and/or an iTrader rating already, leave a negative feedback rating to warn others.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMalteseFalcon View Post

Whats a person to do???
And please give the name!!!! So nobody else gets ripped off
Old 11-25-2010, 12:43 AM

I'll post the name soon as I get it...Thanks for the suggestion.

I also forgot to mention all the flakes that do not reply to you after they give their word that the item you asked for is yours!

No one likes to waste time, so why do these flakes post WTS and do not follow up with it? Some ads get re-posted by the same ppl for the same item(s)!

There's one cop that loves to do this...screens ppl and never sells...not cool.

If a deal is made on a gentleman's agreement and it's broken then that person is not worth dealing with. Nor are they respectful to others. And they certainly are not much of a man to do that.

Also, I do not have any AR parts, not interested in AR's. An AR will do the same thing that an AK-47 can do, or anything else that's semi auto. AR7's are just a fad, next year it will be something else as it was last year etc. By next year you'll be able to get tons of parts as ppl will be tired of them, happens in a disposable society like ours.

Good luck in your search...

Happy Holidays!
Old 01-11-2011, 9:36 AM

Default Am I in Trouble for purchasing a shot gun

Hi I recently moved to south carolina I went in to Dicks sporting goods to purchase a 12 gauge shotgun and my address was different from my license so from there I went to Dicks Pawn shop and just put my address thats on my license my back ground was good and off I went well the next morning I went back and returned it because I'm married to a convicted felon and heard that I'm not a loud to own a gun being married to him. Well I also told the pawn shop that I accidently put the wrong address and they said that it was okay since I already returned it with in less the 24 hours. Well now my husband is freaking out thinking he's going away for this and thinks because he helped me pick it out. Am I in any trouble HELP SO CONFUSED
Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 PM

how do i put a post up if I'm looking to buy something??
Old 01-31-2011, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

Default How to post positive transaction

I just completed my first sale last week. Would like to post a positive transaction with the buyer. Can someone help with this or direct me where to go to find out how to do this?

Thank you much!

Bull Elk
Old 02-13-2011, 5:31 PM

I was shooting moderate reloads. I've been shooting and reloading a long time and never ran into anything like this before. Where to look, what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ....
Old 03-07-2011, 12:39 PM

Default 450 bushmaster mag

does any one have any idea about .450/500/.458 mags considering that these pretty much are compatable, with mags wink!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:41 PM

legality?
Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 PM

I'm new to this and trying to get my ccw has any body got one from jerry
Old 06-05-2012, 1:30 PM
Banned

The ammo-oracle.com reference is no good anymore. They have replaced it with this one: http://ammo.ar15.com/
Old 07-22-2012, 4:28 PM

This is my first post. Legal question. My brother, out of state, has my grandfather's Colt Model 1917 WWI Colt 45 ACP Revolver that he wants to give me since he is having health problema and is over 70 years old. It is a damaged heirloom and cannot be fired. Ruined, bulged barrel. Is it considered a firearm? or a antique family heirloom?
Seems like a lot of nonsence to pay a firearm license for a chunk of steel that looks like a gun. It probably needs a welded barrel to make it truly unuseable, but only a fool would load this thing. (And you need 1/2 moon clips). Any ideas?
Old 09-27-2012, 8:35 AM

Default How do you Bump your post?

How does one bump their post? Do you go into your listing and add something at the end? Thanks
Old 11-02-2012, 8:42 PM

On January 1, 2012, the PC numbers for all the firearms related offenses were changed. The exact wordage is the same. No change was made to how the law is written.

Since I teach about the legality of firearms and I use the CA Assault Weapon Flowchart found on this site, I decided to update the PC numbers on the chart.

Attached is my updated flowchart with the current and correct PC numbers. Hopefully people will peer review it and help me spot any areas where I may have made mistakes. I used a version 1.2 and only changed the PC numbers.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CA Assault Weapon Flowchart v1.3.pdf (2.06 MB, 108 views)
Old 09-08-2017, 7:57 AM

Default Update?

Will this thread need to be updated now that we have Gunmageddon?