Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 04-22-2016, 10:28 AM

Default Foresthill/Sugar Pine Shooting areas Sickening!

Yesterday I took a trip up to Finning Mill Rd to do some shooting with my son. I was totally discussed at what I saw. The area was a mess. T.V.s, metal junk, shot gun shells/boxes. etc. everywhere. But what was worse than that was there were several trees that had been shot gun downed! Seems there's a bunch of jerks who like shooting down trees with shot guns. I saw at least a dozen trees blasted away. Some fallen, some near falling. Made me sick! We also drove down Chicken Hawk rd and saw the same thing, trees blasted away and shot gun shells and boxes everywhere. It's no wonder our shooting area keep getting closed down. Please if you see anyone shooting at trees to destroy them get their plate # and turn it into the ranger in Foresthill on your way out. Also if you take crap in, haul it out! Littering is littering!
There were a couple of guys out there and one said he was going to see if his dad could get a couple dump boxes. I'd help load them up if this happens even though I'm disabled I always take a trash bag and bring out more than I take in. Please help keep these places clean!
Old 04-22-2016, 10:33 AM

PS, part of this area has already been closed because of junk!
Old 04-22-2016, 9:10 PM

I know what you mean. There is a group of us from work, that go out to three sisters and shoot. The area we are in is maintain fairly clean. The rest is a big mess. That is something that I was going to ask, what does it take to set up a cleaning crew to go out and clean a site?? There is old sony TV, frig, all kinds of tires and the like. It is a LA County land. The other side of the mountain is a total mess. That would be one of the area that I would like to get cleaned also.

How does one get a group going on this, and the details would be nice. I can not do anything until early June off for business. When I get home, I would like to get a weekend scheduled and do a large clean up.

Thank you for any advise that can be given..
Old 04-23-2016, 9:40 PM
Veteran Member

I know this is the range clean up forum area but this topic will get more attention form locals if you post it in the Sacramento section of the forum. Their are already a number of folks that frequent that section that already do range clean ups up near sly park. Many of them also shoot in Foresthill and you could probably get some to join.

Just a suggestion.

Last edited by Sapperforward; 04-23-2016 at 9:46 PM..