Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2017, 3:55 PM

Default Which shops offer the best used & consignment inventory?

This may have been brought-up before but I'm wondering which shops in the greater Sacramento Area (and even outlying areas -- Vacaville, Fairfield, Auburn, Grass Valley, Stockton, Modesto) offer a good selection of used and consignment firearms.

Although this benefits me directly as my relatively new gig allows me to write my own schedule from the four corners of NorCal in a 150mi radius. But figured it would be good information for all of us in the long run and worth mentioning as a new thread.

As a long time Elk Grove resident, I'm pretty partial to shootin shack elk grove which has a very limited inventory (understandably), but do a great number of deals with River City, which has 25% fresh guns every month or so. In fact, just recently picked-up a cherry '78 Model 57.

So let's try and consolidate a list.

Last edited by sierra11b; 11-01-2017 at 5:55 AM..
Old 10-31-2017, 4:00 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Rocklin Armory is worth a visit anytime you are near there, they rotate a lot of consignment guns through and some from LEO. I have bought a S&W MP 2.0 and Ruger MkIV recently from their consignment shelf. Both were basically new, very few rounds through each.

Saw a G43 sitting there the other day on consignment. They also get other unusual but cool stuff, saw a Browning .380 there (probably still there) the other day too - the one that looks like a Beretta 84/85 but with a fully closed slide. Several pocket 25/32s on consignment. Saw a brand new / old stock Dan Wesson 22LR revolver there a few months and kicking myself for not buying it. It was a steal too.

They don't have a huge consignment selection, maybe 10 - 20 guns at a time but it refreshes pretty regularly.

JG Gunsmith in Granite Bay also worth a look whenever you are nearby. They have a lot of C&R stuff and others on consignment.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 10-31-2017 at 4:04 PM..
Old 10-31-2017, 5:07 PM

Solid info, Skyhawk. Much appreciated.

I make it out to Rocklin at least twice a month, and will be venturing out to John Culina for a set of custom fitted cokes for this latest '57.

Others?

Last edited by sierra11b; 10-31-2017 at 5:16 PM..
Old 10-31-2017, 6:38 PM
Veteran Member

That picture size is ridiculous. I have to scroll back and forth to read your text OP. You should resize it and repost it.
Old 10-31-2017, 7:02 PM

not local to you but fantastic inventory and may be worth the trip..

and they warranty every gun they sell for a year! yep, every gun..

and if you have c&r I believe you can take home same day but don't quote me on that stuff..

http://retting.com/

Quote:
Martin B. Retting, Inc. is one of the largest stores of its kind in California. Established in 1928, we have been in our present location since 1958. We maintain an extensive variety of both new and used firearms, and our inventory encompasses nearly every aspect of the shooting sports including collectible firearms from most eras. In addition, we carry a wide assortment of knives, holsters and other shooting accessories.
I'm 2/2 last trips up there..

Retting hang tags.. both good prices, all correct and good shooters too..

Old 10-31-2017, 7:41 PM

I've never been there, but Tracy Rifle and Pistol had posted on Facebook that they had taken a 100+ gun collection in on consignment.
Old 11-02-2017, 3:10 AM

River City Gun Exchange on Fruitridge in Sacramento is my go-to for pretty much everything. They always have used handguns and are advertising used rifles and shotguns this month. However, they are always mobbed on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. I go on Thursdays, around 2pm and always get the attention my American Express Card and I deserve.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 11-02-2017, 8:24 AM

Armory Outpost in Rancho Cordova recently started selling consignment guns. I think he has 20 or so right now.