Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2017, 11:02 AM

Default Any TNP folks here?

Any TNP backers in the area? I’m talking serious fans who rock the patches, support on Patreon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2017, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member

When you absolutely positively need a 35 minute review on a product that could be covered in 5 minutes by anyone else.

TNP!
Old 11-28-2017, 12:59 PM

Well there is one “no”.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

I like TNP some of the time. Unlike most gun reviewers he’ll tell you if a gun is a failure. Hitchcock 45 is fun. He like every gun he pick ups and spends most of the time shooting his range up. Scooch is pretty good. The Yankee Marshall drives me nuts. Colloin Noir is pretty funny. I miss FPS Russian.
Old 11-30-2017, 2:10 PM

Yes, those are fun reviewers too; definitely more promotional.

I️ always assumed I️ was in a small minority of true TNP fans but couldn’t help throwing out the ask to find out.

(Sometimes I️ rock a TNP hat around town to see if I️ get a nod from a knowing ally but it’s yet to happen.) Got curious whether there are any true fans out there. So far it looks like no die hards in Sac.

Old 11-30-2017, 5:09 PM

Present, Don't agree with everything he says, but for the most part he is on point.

I have the 1st gen t-shirts (dangerous things are good), all the others, I never liked
Old 12-02-2017, 9:42 AM

Nice. I️ have the new hat and some owl patches. I️ like the reviews but overall my favorite thing has always been the life philosophy videos and the positive message.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:17 AM

Location: My gun has killed less people than Uber’s self driving car.

Nope. TNP is a gasbag that loves to hear his own voice. He could be good if he’d stick to repeating himself only say... 3 times on any given point, rather than 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagman View Post
Don't sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

When I need to pass time I'll watch TNP or Hickok or Vickers.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:22 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I'll stick to old Carnik Con vids. Dugan is the man.
SCIENCE!

“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 12-02-2017, 4:36 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Clip View Post
I'll stick to old Carnik Con vids. Dugan is the man.
SCIENCE!

Why watch old videos? Watch the new ones over on Primary and Secondary...

-- Michael
Old 12-02-2017, 10:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Yeah, seen those. Don't compare. Yet.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 12-03-2017, 8:19 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

I find some of his videos entertaining. The old joke is that TNP is where you go when you want a two hour review about a knife. Like most, I skip through parts of them. Compared to some of the poseurs on YT, he has a solid legitimate military background which gives a lot of credibility as far as I am concerned. It is nice to see an operator that has no combat beard or full sleeved tats.
Old 12-04-2017, 2:23 AM

TNP huh...

I hope you are EDC-ing your WTR with a regualr GOW. dont forget to keep your NBC with your KLJ handy. just the other day i forgot my HIX at home and i payed for it. Luckily i had my PDF in my Suzuki. You know the one that the nut says is GTG for ECB and FGH.
Old 01-03-2018, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
It is nice to see an operator...
I am pretty certain he was an AF Pilot. I know as a pilot you have to do special trainings like SERE, but that doesn't make him an operator. That being said, he does have a good military mindset.
Old 01-03-2018, 8:00 AM
Veteran Member

He is pretty honest and more so on how things work rather than the name attached to them. With that said I have to skip through 99.9% of the vids to get to on topic points.
Old 02-05-2018, 8:18 PM

Paul Harrell: serious content, testing, no BS, surprisingly funny and likable, most of his videos are brief. The anti-James Yeager. The first one to check out is Miami Dade shootout. Then watch all the others...

https://youtu.be/iv8cByaVyNQ

Nutn' is ok if you want absurdly in depth info on a gun you are seriously considering.
Old 02-22-2018, 9:32 AM

Yup TNPr here.
Old 02-22-2018, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaux Getty View Post
Paul Harrell: serious content, testing, no BS, surprisingly funny and likable, most of his videos are brief. The anti-James Yeager. The first one to check out is Miami Dade shootout. Then watch all the others...

https://youtu.be/iv8cByaVyNQ

Nutn' is ok if you want absurdly in depth info on a gun you are seriously considering.
Someone posted a link to some Harrell videos on another thread recently. Maybe have been you for all I know. I had never heard of him before, watched a few videos and I really like his format, attitude, and concise material. Seems to be a real world guy and he's completely unconcerned with celebrity/attention.

I have watched quite a few NTP videos and even considered getting a patch, but I just can't do the hour long videos of disjointed discussion, abbreviations that no one but hardcore TNPers know, and the pseudo celebrity attitude he has sometimes.

But, I will say, few channels have remotely the same amount of gear reviewed. I also like that, as far as I know, he provides his honest reviews and has no financial/legal obligation to play up certain brands.
Old 03-27-2018, 9:44 AM

The review's are way too long.... He seems to think alot of himself. I still don't know what his project is? I like mixup 98 and "The gun guy" best. Gun guy is good for a California perspective.

Last edited by 40marknascar; 03-27-2018 at 9:47 AM..
Old 03-27-2018, 9:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

i like vids that get to the point. tnp is ok for when i just need some background noise.
Old 03-28-2018, 2:33 PM

Dynamic Pie Concepts, a now defunct youtube channel that basically made fun of all other tackleberry super high speed 5000 whiz bang kids while having some fun doing it. One of their more well known videos was tricking out a hipoint and making it look...well awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQk244oW9c