Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Interesting thought...turning into a bash session :)

Im fairly new to calguns and Im sure this has been brought up before at some point in time. However, I have noticed many that have been members for quite some time with virtually no posts what so ever. One actually in the marketplace selling a completed 80% lower. Illegal isnt it? Others almost sounding harsh or in some sort of defense about many of our views and concerns.
Any chance that we have some spies amongst us? Just kinda makes one wonder how and where they are getting alot of their info. I mean really, they do keep saying high capacity ****ing clips. And the new evil assault bullets.Theyre obviously not too savy...

Just a thought!

Last edited by Jason25; 02-11-2013 at 10:34 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 7:38 AM

I've been a member for quite a while but only recently started posting. I'm sure there are probably some on here that are against the consensus here but you will always have that. People probably seem harsh or defensive because they feel that their rights are being violated and when something affects someone personally they get more passionate about it. As for the clips and assault bullets, probably can blame the media for that one.
Old 02-09-2013, 8:10 AM
Banned

I read a thread in the market place where the buyer who had 21 posts and became a member in 2007.

Ive also seen people rack up over 20,000 post within a 6 month period.

Some just on here to shop or read info. Some like myself chit chat out of boredom.

I'm sure there are other forums being spied upon for anti reasons, including this one.
Old 02-09-2013, 2:55 PM

Hmm... I wonder if the OP is a spy... He's just trying to confuse us and throw us off his scent

Old 02-09-2013, 3:03 PM

Thats kinda funny, Im reading this post and realizing Ive never posted here on CG ever. Yay first post!

Im here to read/learn and look at for sale stuff. I try not to get caught up in most things, okay a 'loner' if you must.
Theres more like me out there, we dont say much, but we're there.
Ive built 2 ARs and converted a Saiga12 since learning of CalGuns. From CalGuns I learned I can own the evil(looking) guns that we're all told are too dangerous for mere peasants like us to own.
Old 02-09-2013, 5:55 PM

yay first post +1

OP: No, selling an 80% lower is not illegal in of itself. There's plenty of info around here in the stickied threads (stuck threads?) and what not.

This sort of internet snobbery always befuddles me. Bill Gates could sign up on an MS forum and have plenty of teenagers with 5,000 posts in two months screaming "STFU NOOB!" at him. I for one do not equate logorrhea with intelligence.

The sign-up date thing: I've seen, on Calguns, people deride others who signed up a few months later than they did, even though both had signed up years ago. Fascinating.

I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds
Old 02-10-2013, 8:02 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOrange View Post
yay first post +1

OP: No, selling an 80% lower is not illegal in of itself. There's plenty of info around here in the stickied threads (stuck threads?) and what not.

This sort of internet snobbery always befuddles me. Bill Gates could sign up on an MS forum and have plenty of teenagers with 5,000 posts in two months screaming "STFU NOOB!" at him. I for one do not equate logorrhea with intelligence.

The sign-up date thing: I've seen, on Calguns, people deride others who signed up a few months later than they did, even though both had signed up years ago. Fascinating.
I realize selling an 80% in itself is fine. But it was posted that it had been machined and completed. Nothing was mentioned that it had been given a serial number or anything. I was just thinking maybe it was some kind of bait to lure an illegal purchase. And no the OP is not a spy Im very passionate about my rights and my favorite hobby. I didnt post this thread to call anyone out or to offend anyone. Like the thread title says... It was just a thought.

Last edited by Jason25; 02-10-2013 at 8:06 AM..
Old 02-10-2013, 8:12 AM
Banned

Welcome to world of everyone knows more than everyone else and then some, most of those are only internet savvy and have absolutely no real clue as to what the hell they are doing.
Old 02-10-2013, 8:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason25 View Post
Im fairly new to calguns and Im sure this has been brought up before at some point in time. However, I have noticed many that have been members for quite some time with virtually no posts what so ever. One actually in the marketplace selling a completed 80% lower. Illegal isnt it? Others almost sounding harsh or in some sort of defense about many of our views and concerns.
Any chance that we have some spies amongst us? Just kinda makes one wonder how and where they are getting alot of their info. I mean really, they do keep saying high capacity ****ing clips. And the new evil assault bullets.Theyre obviously not too savy...

Just a thought!
No one is selling illegal items in the market place. You are the questionable one since you are the one spreading lies in the form of a question. That's how distrust in an organization is started....oh you are just asking a question... sowing the seeds that take hold in the people who don't know.

This is how it starts.
Yeah I read a post on Calguns where a guy was saying they sell illegal firearms while questioning if the sale was a trap.

The only people who really care about clips vs magazines are the anal ones. I could care less what you call them.

I don't know what you are saying about "sounding harsh" or defensive about your concerns. People are people, everyone has an opinion and its healthy to debate. Most people are mirrors and treat you as you treat them.

Everyone is allowed to join here. Yes there are several Liberals here who rejoice in rubbing our noses in the new laws....big deal. Many of us are on their forums as well...
Old 02-10-2013, 8:29 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
No one is selling illegal items in the market place. You are the questionable one since you are the one spreading lies in the form of a question. That's how distrust in an organization is started....oh you are just asking a question... sowing the seeds that take hold in the people who don't know.

This is how it starts.
Yeah I read a post on Calguns where a guy was saying they sell illegal firearms while questioning if the sale was a trap.

The only people who really care about clips vs magazines are the anal ones. I could care less what you call them.

I don't know what you are saying about "sounding harsh" or defensive about your concerns. People are people, everyone has an opinion and its healthy to debate. Most people are mirrors and treat you as you treat them.

Everyone is allowed to join here. Yes there are several Liberals here who rejoice in rubbing our noses in the new laws....big deal. Many of us are on their forums as well...
Wowsers! Did I offend you somehow? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion I guess

Last edited by Jason25; 02-10-2013 at 8:32 AM..
Old 02-10-2013, 9:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Wowsers! Did I offend you somehow? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion I guess
No you didnt offend me. I am simply pointing out you are doing exactly what you claim "spies" are doing.

....and you just joined the website....
Old 02-10-2013, 3:52 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
No you didnt offend me. I am simply pointing out you are doing exactly what you claim "spies" are doing.

....and you just joined the website....
I don't see how but that's cool. Simply suggesting a possibility. However, maybe there's some things I shouldn't bring up until I have a certain number of posts under my belt.
Old 02-10-2013, 4:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't see how but that's cool. Simply suggesting a possibility. However, maybe there's some things I shouldn't bring up until I have a certain number of posts under my belt.
or knowledge
Old 02-10-2013, 4:34 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
or knowledge
cool, maybe one can share his knowledge. As you are an addict I see.
Old 02-10-2013, 4:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Why don't you read his posts then? He's shared enough of it.

You however...
Old 02-10-2013, 7:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I realize selling an 80% in itself is fine. But it was posted that it had been machined and completed. Nothing was mentioned that it had been given a serial number or anything. I was just thinking maybe it was some kind of bait to lure an illegal purchase. And no the OP is not a spy Im very passionate about my rights and my favorite hobby. I didnt post this thread to call anyone out or to offend anyone. Like the thread title says... It was just a thought.
Search and study and you'll find out why your thought is unfounded in fact. It might be best for you to do a lot more listening than talking for a while based on your apparent level of knowledge. No one is going to spoon feed it to you, you'll have to seek out knowledge on your own.
Old 02-10-2013, 8:34 PM

Where is Travis ?
Old 02-10-2013, 9:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
I will if you care to listen.

Don't assume the worst in people until they show you it. You didnt know if it was illegal, but you thought it could be. You had no faith that the admin here would stop such an act, or the membership would flag an illegal sales thread.

Its like the new member who comes here and "teaches" Calguns about CA laws...as if no one here knows the laws or has experience in the laws. That new member assumes they have knowledge others don't without first investigating that assumption.

I'll also say this, I am one of the guys here who will hold that mirror up to your face. I get crap for it, but when a person sticks their foot in their mouth, I give it a solid push in.

welcome to the website
Old 02-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Talking

Quote:
I will if you care to listen.

Don't assume the worst in people until they show you it. You didnt know if it was illegal, but you thought it could be. You had no faith that the admin here would stop such an act, or the membership would flag an illegal sales thread.

Its like the new member who comes here and "teaches" Calguns about CA laws...as if no one here knows the laws or has experience in the laws. That new member assumes they have knowledge others don't without first investigating that assumption.

I'll also say this, I am one of the guys here who will hold that mirror up to your face. I get crap for it, but when a person sticks their foot in their mouth, I give it a solid push in.

welcome to the website
That wasnt the point of my thread. I can care less if someone is trying to sell something they shouldnt be or not. Im just an observant person and was simply expressing a thought and/or concern of the possibility of what my thread was intended for. Then you jump my **** because you think I'm calling someone out or because you think I'm questioning someone's ignorance of the laws? Not so, I'm pretty savy on the laws as I figure many here are as well. Perhaps I should have worded the original post a little differently. I may be somewhat new here, but I don't post to start conflict. I'm the same way with push. Probably why it keeps going back and forth
Old 02-10-2013, 11:23 PM

Jason, i feel that you are over analyzing people a little bit. yes, there is DFG people on here, yes, there is cops on here. they are part of the firearms community as well. whether there personal and political feelings on gun rights/legalities are the same or not.

Diesel: way to be a welcoming member of this forum and treat people the same as you want to be treated. if you were newer to the forum and made posts for whatever reason and someone treated you in the jack *** way you are talking to jason i'm sure you would have more of a social life and would have found something else to do with your spare time a LOOONGG time ago.

bottom line: jason is not the only one on here who posts about conspiracy theories, go search the hunting/fishing section, or how about the second amendment sub forum for people to berate there as well??
Old 02-11-2013, 3:22 AM

Quote:
That wasnt the point of my thread. I can care less if someone is trying to sell something they shouldnt be or not. Im just an observant person and was simply expressing a thought and/or concern of the possibility of what my thread was intended for. Then you jump my **** because you think I'm calling someone out or because you think I'm questioning someone's ignorance of the laws? Not so, I'm pretty savy on the laws as I figure many here are as well. Perhaps I should have worded the original post a little differently. I may be somewhat new here, but I don't post to start conflict. I'm the same way with push. Probably why it keeps going back and forth
Not to pry, but...

You might not be too observant if you thought selling a lower, as an 80% configuration, is illegal. You may not be that "savy" on the CA penal code, either.

Never assume your first guess is the right one when you have unlimited access to the source document. Its not shameful to look it up again and again.

The crusade here on Calguns involves proper understanding of CA law regarding firearms (also, proper understanding of mozzarella sticks being served with marinara). Too often, online warriors push their own understanding without simply checking for themselves.

"Never go through a door without a full magazine in your weapon." --Capt. Eric A. Sykes--

"(experts), of course, have long recognized the .45 as possessing killing power completely out of proportion to the scientific reality of its cross-sectional area, sectional density and available kinetic energy." --G&S online--
Old 02-11-2013, 6:52 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scidx View Post
Not to pry, but...

You might not be too observant if you thought selling a lower, as an 80% configuration, is illegal. You may not be that "savy" on the CA penal code, either.

Never assume your first guess is the right one when you have unlimited access to the source document. Its not shameful to look it up again and again.

The crusade here on Calguns involves proper understanding of CA law regarding firearms (also, proper understanding of mozzarella sticks being served with marinara). Too often, online warriors push their own understanding without simply checking for themselves.
Ok, I am aware that you can buy or sell an 80% lower the way it is because it is not considered a firearm in it's state. I am aware that you can complete the milling of an 80% and build for YOURSELF without any further legality procedures. I am aware that this is legal as long as you dont intend to sell without taking the proper steps.

However I am NOT aware that one could mill, finish, and COMPLETE an 80% lower and sell it without being stamped.(sell as a complete stripped lower) If I'm wrong about that, than I have learned something new. That's why there was a question mark behind it in the OP. That's what I have said. But it's still not the point of my thread.

But like I said, I really don't give a damn. This is just in defense for myself.

Last edited by Jason25; 02-11-2013 at 7:16 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 7:21 AM

Old 02-11-2013, 7:28 AM
Vendor/Retailer

^^^+1^^^ That's great rider! lol
Old 02-11-2013, 7:33 AM
Veteran Member

Maybe he's a smoker spy.

"We are number one, all others are number two or lower." - The Sphinx

"Why does every discussion of culture always degrade into a discussion of burritos?" - GoZoner
Old 02-11-2013, 8:00 AM

I wouldn't trust a long time member with a low post count. WeThey are all spies.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Banned

LOL... people hate seeing themselves in a mirror.

you think I am treating you badly... re-read your first post and tell me how you would react to someone coming at you with that.

There are two things you need to remember about the truth.
1) It sometimes hurts
2) It doesnt care if it hurts

re-read your OP and place the shoe on the other foot. I am sorry you feel threatened by me, but you walked into a room and made that announcement about everyone else in the room and now you are butt hurt over the reaction.

As I said, welcome to Calguns, a diverse COMMUNITY of novice, professional and hobbyist, who will all treat you as you treat them.

Last edited by dieselpower; 02-11-2013 at 10:11 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Wink

Quote:
LOL... people hate seeing themselves in a mirror.

you think I am treating you badly... re-read your first post and tell me how you would react to someone coming at you with that.

There are two things you need to remember about the truth.
1) It sometimes hurts
2) It doesnt care if it hurts

re-read your OP and place the shoe on the other foot. I am sorry you feel threatened by me, but you walked into a room and made that announcement about everyone else in the room and now you are butt hurt over the reaction.

As I said, welcome to Calguns, a diverse COMMUNITY of novice, professional and hobbyist, who will all treat you as you treat them.
negative kind sir, perhaps you need to read the post for what its meant to be and not get so defensive. Was it directed at you?
Who's threatened?

Last edited by Jason25; 02-11-2013 at 10:40 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
I mean really, they do keep saying high capacity ****ing clips. And the new evil assault bullets.Theyre obviously not too savy...

Just a thought!
You're right. You are fairly new here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

Jason25 = 10101100?

Last edited by LightsOut!; 02-11-2013 at 12:10 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Ok, I am aware that you can buy or sell an 80% lower the way it is because it is not considered a firearm in it's state. I am aware that you can complete the milling of an 80% and build for YOURSELF without any further legality procedures. I am aware that this is legal as long as you dont intend to sell without taking the proper steps.

However I am NOT aware that one could mill, finish, and COMPLETE an 80% lower and sell it without being stamped.(sell as a complete stripped lower) If I'm wrong about that, than I have learned something new. That's why there was a question mark behind it in the OP. That's what I have said. But it's still not the point of my thread.

But like I said, I really don't give a damn. This is just in defense for myself.
So, I'll spoon feed you this bit of information: It is not legal under Federal or California law for a non-FFL licensee to manufacture a firearm for the purpose of sale. It is not illegal for a private person to manufacture a firearm for their own use. It is not illegal for that private person to decide later to sell their self-manufactured firearm provided that they mark it in the same manner required of a licensed manufacturer. If you want the code sections to prove that, do some research, I'm not going to do that for you.

Frankly, you come across like a legislative aide looking for ways to tighten up anti-gun law. I repeat my advice that you might be better off with your mouth closed and your ears open for a while. Stop digging this mudhole any deeper than it is already.

Last edited by Grumpyoldretiredcop; 02-11-2013 at 12:02 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 PM

Well said Grumpy.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpyoldretiredcop View Post
So, I'll spoon feed you this bit of information: It is not legal under Federal or California law for a non-FFL licensee to manufacture a firearm for the purpose of sale. It is not illegal for a private person to manufacture a firearm for their own use. It is not illegal for that private person to decide later to sell their self-manufactured firearm provided that they mark it in the same manner required of a licensed manufacturer. If you want the code sections to prove that, do some research, I'm not going to do that for you.

Frankly, you come across like a legislative aide looking for ways to tighten up anti-gun law. I repeat my advice that you might be better off with your mouth closed and your ears open for a while. Stop digging this mudhole any deeper than it is already.
Am I missing something? Checked my spelling and punctuation and that's pretty much what I said. But thanks for the input. You also seem to be missing the topic of the thread..
Seems the only part that people see or paid any attention to was the 80% portion....

Sheesh!

Last edited by Jason25; 02-11-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 PM

I would assume more than one user has a second account.
Old 02-11-2013, 2:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
negative kind sir, perhaps you need to read the post for what its meant to be and not get so defensive. Was it directed at you?
Who's threatened?
and you need to think about what YOU did.

you walked into a room, filled with people you never seen or talked to before and said...

"I have noticed many that have been members for quite some time with virtually no posts what so ever."

what business is it of your how much a person posts, a little presumptuous of you don't you think...doesnt mean anything.

and

One actually in the marketplace selling a completed 80% lower. Illegal isnt it?
No and if you take a step back, what are you saying here... that the Admin allow criminal sales? That the people here are criminals... How about you default to the position of the positive, not the negative for the first year here..OK? Then when you get experience with the way things work here, then you can comment on how bad the website is run and how illegal the actions here are...OR ARE NOT ILLEGAL AS YOU WILL FIND. Illegal posts get deleted very quick here and thats after several people tell the OP why it is.

and you followed those statements up with...

"Others almost sounding harsh or in some sort of defense about many of our views and concerns. "
Without any reference cited, you toss a blanket statement like that into the room... Justify that for us. Please don't tell me to look here for it. You slapped us, so of course we would slap back.

You then ended the outburst with...
"any chance that we have some spies amongst us? Just kinda makes one wonder how and where they are getting alot of their info. I mean really, they do keep saying high capacity ****ing clips. And the new evil assault bullets.Theyre obviously not too savy...
Wow... you have been here a whole month and this is where your mind goes?

This website has been here for a few days prior to your arrival...how about you chill-out, read and gain some experience here before you start tossing comments at the group.

How about you make a post in OT about you...what you are bringing here, your skills and how you intend to use Calguns.

You are one little bee in a very large hive.
Old 02-11-2013, 2:35 PM

Jason.

First thing you need to learn is that looking in the mirror can be a lot of fun. In fact it is my 3rd favorite thing to do. I love seeing myself in the mirror.

The 2nd thing you need to learn is that douchebags are often seen hanging around where you don't want them to be. There are a lot of them sometimes. I hate when I see a douchebag around. It is disrespectful to all of us. The best thing you can do when you encounter a douchebag is to ignore it. Eventually the douchebag will disappear. If the douchebag does not happen to disappear then you should just move on. Nobody gained anything from poking a douchebag.

Welcome!
Old 02-11-2013, 2:58 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
and you need to think about what YOU did.

you walked into a room, filled with people you never seen or talked to before and said...

"I have noticed many that have been members for quite some time with virtually no posts what so ever."

what business is it of your how much a person posts, a little presumptuous of you don't you think...doesnt mean anything.

and

One actually in the marketplace selling a completed 80% lower. Illegal isnt it?
No and if you take a step back, what are you saying here... that the Admin allow criminal sales? That the people here are criminals... How about you default to the position of the positive, not the negative for the first year here..OK? Then when you get experience with the way things work here, then you can comment on how bad the website is run and how illegal the actions here are...OR ARE NOT ILLEGAL AS YOU WILL FIND. Illegal posts get deleted very quick here and thats after several people tell the OP why it is.

and you followed those statements up with...

"Others almost sounding harsh or in some sort of defense about many of our views and concerns. "
Without any reference cited, you toss a blanket statement like that into the room... Justify that for us. Please don't tell me to look here for it. You slapped us, so of course we would slap back.

You then ended the outburst with...
"any chance that we have some spies amongst us? Just kinda makes one wonder how and where they are getting alot of their info. I mean really, they do keep saying high capacity ****ing clips. And the new evil assault bullets.Theyre obviously not too savy...
Wow... you have been here a whole month and this is where your mind goes?

This website has been here for a few days prior to your arrival...how about you chill-out, read and gain some experience here before you start tossing comments at the group.

How about you make a post in OT about you...what you are bringing here, your skills and how you intend to use Calguns.

You are one little bee in a very large hive.
You Sir, seem to be an educated man. However, you failed to see past the posted context of the thread and to allow yourself to grasp the intent. However, your reaction was second to none. Your exposed demeanor really is a class act, irrelevant of your intent. I see disagreeance equals kaos and I never posted this to make a statement or grandstand by any means. True, I am one bee in a very large hive, as you are. Hence, stop grunting inaccurate mouth flatulents and false accusations about the intent of my thread.

I'm here to learn and share experiences as many are. Great way to show the guys or gals lower on the post count where they stand. I am one of few licensed operators in the state that brings you and the rest of the public fresh drinking water everyday. I shoot for sport/hunt with friends and my sons. Yes it's also irrelevant, but since you must know... Well there you go!

Last edited by Jason25; 02-11-2013 at 3:42 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 3:07 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common View Post
Jason.

First thing you need to learn is that looking in the mirror can be a lot of fun. In fact it is my 3rd favorite thing to do. I love seeing myself in the mirror.

The 2nd thing you need to learn is that douchebags are often seen hanging around where you don't want them to be. There are a lot of them sometimes. I hate when I see a douchebag around. It is disrespectful to all of us. The best thing you can do when you encounter a douchebag is to ignore it. Eventually the douchebag will disappear. If the douchebag does not happen to disappear then you should just move on. Nobody gained anything from poking a douchebag.

Welcome!
Thank you. I know there are a few...
Old 02-11-2013, 6:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
However I am NOT aware that one could mill, finish, and COMPLETE an 80% lower and sell it without being stamped.(sell as a complete stripped lower) If I'm wrong about that, than I have learned something new.
You either don't express yourself very well or simply have a very short memory.

I retract my prior description. You come across as a butthurt as not even a legislative aide is quite this thin-skinned. Congratulations, you get the booby prize... a spot on my "Ignore" list.

Last edited by Grumpyoldretiredcop; 02-11-2013 at 6:15 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 6:29 PM
Banned

Jason25 -

A good life lesson to learn is when to accept your wrong, and just walk away - obviously a life lesson you haven't learned yet.