Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2018, 5:55 PM
Veteran Member

Default Cheap internet transfers? Locally?

So I found a couple C&R pistols I want at Classicfireamrs.com. Because California I cant have it shipped to my door even with a COE and 03FFL. I called the Gun Range on Watt and was quoted $50 for the transfer plus $25 for the additional pistol plus standard DROS fees. The lady on the phone sounded a bit iffy on the 10 day wait exemption.

Is anyone doing them cheaper around here? I know the gun range price still beats a lot of other places but I was sure I heard of an FFL around here doing $25 internet transfers. I don't know. Maybe i'm wrong.

Thank in advance guys.
Old 09-25-2018, 7:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post
So I found a couple C&R pistols I want at Classicfireamrs.com. Because California I cant have it shipped to my door even with a COE and 03FFL. I called the Gun Range on Watt and was quoted $50 for the transfer plus $25 for the additional pistol plus standard DROS fees. The lady on the phone sounded a bit iffy on the 10 day wait exemption.

Is anyone doing them cheaper around here? I know the gun range price still beats a lot of other places but I was sure I heard of an FFL around here doing $25 internet transfers. I don't know. Maybe i'm wrong.

Thank in advance guys.
Calaboose II
4944 Date Ave
Sacramento, CA
916 332-2207

Same price, the COE and 03FFL is accepted
Old 09-25-2018, 7:11 PM
Veteran Member

this place:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1455394

But I don't know if they're familiar with the intricacies of C&R03/COE
Old 09-25-2018, 7:41 PM

At The Gun Range, it depends on who you get to help you. Usually, they know that there is no 10 day wait for a C&R gun if you have your 03FFL + COE, but one time I got a new guy and he made me wait the 10 days (it was was very busy and I didn't want to stand around and wait for the Manager to become available). Except for that one time, every transfer went smooth and quick.

Golden State Tactical used to do $35 transfers, but he moved to Utah.

Whatever you do, don't have them sent to Sac. Gun Club. I did 3 transfers there and all three were a pain in the butt.
Old 09-25-2018, 7:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienHobo View Post
At The Gun Range, it depends on who you get to help you. Usually, they know that there is no 10 day wait for a C&R gun if you have your 03FFL + COE, but one time I got a new guy and he made me wait the 10 days (it was was very busy and I didn't want to stand around and wait for the Manager to become available). Except for that one time, every transfer went smooth and quick.

Golden State Tactical used to do $35 transfers, but he moved to Utah.

Whatever you do, don't have them sent to Sac. Gun Club. I did 3 transfers there and all three were a pain in the butt.
I agree with you about SGC. I've done a half dozen ppt's there. The staff are nice and all but the process........

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2018, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post
I agree with you about SGC. I've done a half dozen ppt's there. The staff are nice and all but the process........

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I don't know about the PPT's, but the out of state transfers were a nightmare. Whoever manages "checking-in" the guns is unpleasant. For the last one I had to wait almost two weeks before I could even go in and see the gun and do the paperwork.

At The Gun Range, they called me the day it came in, I went in an hour later and walked out 30 minutes after that with gun in hand (well, actually locked in a mini safe).
Old 09-25-2018, 8:19 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

The Gun Range used to be $25 per gun - did they raise their price?

I would reach out to Rick at Placer Tactical in Lincoln. He knows how to handle C&Rs and COE releases. He charges $40 first gun and $20 additional guns. That is the price for long guns. He may also be willing to do the same deal for C&R handguns since they can be bought more than one at a time by 03 FFLs, and also since you don't have to see him a second time for pickup.

He is a great guy, works by appointment only but you can see his calendar and make appointments on his website. He has his FFL on file with most of these major sellers already.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 09-25-2018 at 8:26 PM..
Old 09-26-2018, 10:13 AM

I believe Armory Outpost in Rancho Cordova charges $30.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:39 AM

Yes, The Gun Range raised their price to $50 per gun plus the $25 DROS and +$25 each additional gun. So $75 and change for one gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post

I would reach out to Rick at Placer Tactical in Lincoln. He knows how to handle C&Rs and COE releases. He charges $40 first gun and $20 additional guns. That is the price for long guns. He may also be willing to do the same deal for C&R handguns since they can be bought more than one at a time by 03 FFLs, and also since you don't have to see him a second time for pickup.

He is a great guy, works by appointment only but you can see his calendar and make appointments on his website. He has his FFL on file with most of these major sellers already.
Old 09-26-2018, 1:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Second Rick at Placer Tactical. He knows his shiz.
Old 09-29-2018, 7:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH View Post
Calaboose II
4944 Date Ave
Sacramento, CA
916 332-2207

Same price, the COE and 03FFL is accepted
Because there is no DROS involed, transfer between 01 and 03 FFL, the fee is $25.00
Old 09-29-2018, 2:12 PM
Clean Cut American Kid 🇺🇸
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
Second Rick at Placer Tactical. He knows his shiz.
I’ll throw my hat in for Rick as well. Started buying through him during SSE, and have done more than a few online transfers also. Actually, I have three long guns at his shop waiting to do paperwork on right now, two are online purchases.

Professional, knowledgeable and an all around good guy. Deal with confidence.

Last edited by toiletfighter; 09-29-2018 at 3:50 PM..
Old 09-29-2018, 3:07 PM

Message loyalarms on calguns. He's in folsom