Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-17-2018, 9:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka1911 View Post
Well, the city voted to pass this along for a final vote. The good news is they at least understood the stupidity of saying that it was ok to carry, but you could not have a gun in your nightstand. They voted to parrot the state language that says the gun can be on your person or within your immediate control. So basically what they are requiring is that you must lock up your guns when you are not home.
Soooooo, the council thinks law-abiding citizens should abide by the law?

Excellent. Good talk.
Old 10-17-2018, 9:24 PM
Veteran Member

It’s a college town of 15k what did you expect. Just move to Mckinleyville and there won’t be an issue. Arcata is always trying to be progressive.
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
Old 10-18-2018, 4:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well, the city voted to pass this along for a final vote. The good news is they at least understood the stupidity of saying that it was ok to carry, but you could not have a gun in your nightstand. They voted to parrot the state language that says the gun can be on your person or within your immediate control. So basically what they are requiring is that you must lock up your guns when you are not home.
If my front door is locked why shouldn't that be enough? That is what irritates me the most. Someone breaks into my home and steals my items and because my house wasn't "secure enough" then I'm the bad guy.

"You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 10-18-2018, 8:03 AM
Veteran Member

You own a legal gun in Ca. We are already the bad guys. Criminals get off easy, legal owners get the book thrown at us.
Old 10-18-2018, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Soooooo, the council thinks law-abiding citizens should abide by the law?

Excellent. Good talk.
And exercise the common sense almost every one of us already does by requiring you to lock your guns up when you are not home.
Old 10-18-2018, 9:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AregularGuy View Post
If my front door is locked why shouldn't that be enough? That is what irritates me the most. Someone breaks into my home and steals my items and because my house wasn't "secure enough" then I'm the bad guy.
That is the other twist to this that nobody brought up. That this law will potentially result in a victim of a crime being charged with a crime.
Old 10-18-2018, 9:59 AM

Quote:
That is the other twist to this that nobody brought up. That this law will potentially result in a victim of a crime being charged with a crime.
Of course it will and the whole point of the law is to make it so inconvenient to own a gun that some people won't. The law has nothing to do with making society safer because if safety was the concern they would put much stronger penalties on anyone convicted of burglary.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:20 AM

I lived in Arcata from 1983 to 2001. We used to keep guns in our dorm rooms, no issues. Lived across from the 4th street liquor store on Samoa Blvd for a few years also.

There was a gun store right on the town square, long gone now. Was not so liberal/crazy back then.

I get up that way a few times a year, great excuse for a nice motorcycle ride but the town looks more and more like the waterfront in Eureka looked like in the 80's. Derelicts every ware.

Hopefully they will figure out how stupid there ideas are and don't let them remove the statue in the town square.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt Doctur View Post
And this does nothing for the scumbag criminal rats who carry anyway?
Guess I am one of those scumbag criminal rats that carry anyway. After my wife was raped while I was deployed and we were both denied CCW, we carried anyway. We refuse to be defenseless victims when we our outside of our home.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:50 PM

It's good to live in a free State.