Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 06-29-2018, 5:30 PM

Default CZ 2075 RAMI holster

Hey all,

I just DROS'd a CZ 2075 RAMI and I'm shopping for holsters. It's a tiny gun so obviously deep concealment shouldn't be too ambitious, however I'm considering appendix carry.

Does anyone have any opinions they'd like to share regarding appendix carry with this particular weapon or regarding holsters for this gun in general?
Old 06-29-2018, 11:25 PM

I have a OWB leather holster for my Rami called the 5JR Express by Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gunleather. It cost me $75 plus shipping. It's my first "real" holster, actually molded to fit the Rami. It was very tight and required breaking in, but it's tough and looks good. I think it was worth the price. Mitch Rosen makes a variety of custom and "semi-custom" leather holsters, if you are interested in leather.
Old 06-30-2018, 3:00 AM
retired Goon

Osborn Holsters. They make holsters for the CZ Rami.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 07-01-2018, 4:40 PM
Veteran Member

OP pretty much everyone makes a holster for the RAMI, the question is do you have anything special your looking for? Do you have any physical limitations? What kind of clothing do you were most often, do you need the holster to be tuckable? Do you always were a belt?

We are here to help.
Old 07-11-2018, 9:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
OP pretty much everyone makes a holster for the RAMI, the question is do you have anything special your looking for? Do you have any physical limitations? What kind of clothing do you were most often, do you need the holster to be tuckable? Do you always were a belt?

We are here to help.

I am tall and thin, about 6’4”. I am wanting to try AIWB, I do wear a belt every day. I wound up ordering a kydex designed for AIWB (and other positions as well). But still open to suggestions. I was considering the Freedom Carry from Crossbreed.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanidguy View Post
I am tall and thin, about 6’4”. I am wanting to try AIWB, I do wear a belt every day. I wound up ordering a kydex designed for AIWB (and other positions as well). But still open to suggestions. I was considering the Freedom Carry from Crossbreed.
I would recommend working with the holster you ordered. If it's adjustable work all the adjustments. For AWIB think higher up, not lower down when fitting.

Recognize the two weak points of AWIB. 1st your more likely to be in a car accident than a gun fight, thus the AWIB position increases your risk of soft tissue damage under compression as the hip seat belt locks in any crash that imparts longitudinal load. I highly recommend wearing the gun on body at all times possible however the AWIB is harder to draw with the seat belt on, and the seat belt is hard to get off in a panic (fear of life) as the startle response can and likely will lock the belt. Sort of what you have experienced when you drop something well driving and the belt locks up as you try to grab it. Also in a face on face confrontation, especially if the person has grabbed you separation to draw can be problematic.

None of the above is a show stopper, just make sure you work your dry fire practice. Well kneeling, prone, behind cover, in your car seat belt on, in a sitting office/dinning situation. Know that the system is going to work, that it's comfortable enough that your not tempted to leave the gun behind on a short trip. If you knew something bad was going to happen you wouldn't be there. Thus plan, and practice.

After you have done all of the above you will know what you like and don't like about the holster. Then we can consider other options/suggestions. Don't take your holster / carry system lightly it has to work in what could likely be the last 1.5 seconds of life, in a fight you didn't see coming, against an opponent who's skill, mental state, physical state, you likely don't know, and at a time and place not of your choosing. Sorry but too many people treat this like shirt color, until you watch them fail under stress.

Really stress test the holster you have purchased. Give it a chance better to spend money on ammunition or training than holsters. But get the holster right.
Old 07-13-2018, 6:12 AM

Quote:
OP pretty much everyone makes a holster for the RAMI.
This is true. Even my gramma makes one.

Anyways, Alien Gear glock 26 IWB holster works very well with CZ RAMI.

https://www.amazon.com/Alien-Gear-Ho...ter&th=1&psc=1

You wont be disappointed
Old 09-17-2018, 8:19 PM

Just got a vedder holster iwb I carry appendix for my Rami and the pinky extension. Works good and has many adjustments. I'm 6'1 220. 70 bucks and got a free shirt.
Old 09-17-2018, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremefightguy View Post
Just got a vedder holster iwb I carry appendix for my Rami and the pinky extension. Works good and has many adjustments. I'm 6'1 220. 70 bucks and got a free shirt.

I’ll check those out too! I’m 6’4” and 190, sometimes it’s hard to conceal something being all skinny.
Old 09-25-2018, 8:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I’ll check those out too! I’m 6’4” and 190, sometimes it’s hard to conceal something being all skinny.
Shouldn't be hard to conceal the gun on you at all. Mostly a matter of holster choice, cant and technique.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

I usually have a Rami in stock if your at the OC gun show, or want to stop by the store, just bring your gun and try it on. We don't give tee shirts but were less expensive than most of the holsters mentioned above, and yes I think ours are better.

Most importantly we can offer the chance to try before you buy and provide consulting services as well as many who have visited us before can attest.
Old 09-26-2018, 7:31 PM

Quote:
I usually have a Rami in stock if your at the OC gun show, or want to stop by the store, just bring your gun and try it on. We don't give tee shirts but were less expensive than most of the holsters mentioned above, and yes I think ours are better.

Most importantly we can offer the chance to try before you buy and provide consulting services as well as many who have visited us before can attest.

Awesome! I will definitely keep that in mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2018, 2:21 PM

In case anyone is in the same boat, I tried an appendix carry kydex holster. Didn’t like it much as it was uncomfortable, especially while sitting, and printed too much for my liking.

So I picked up a Clinger no print holster and love it. It rides just behind the hip at about 3:15-3:30, it’s comfortable, sitting and moving isn’t hindered, and it prints way, way less.

Old 12-17-2018, 1:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hey all,

I just DROS'd a CZ 2075 RAMI and I'm shopping for holsters. It's a tiny gun so obviously deep concealment shouldn't be too ambitious, however I'm considering appendix carry.

Does anyone have any opinions they'd like to share regarding appendix carry with this particular weapon or regarding holsters for this gun in general?
Message deleted

Last edited by grantar2; 12-17-2018 at 1:26 PM.. Reason: Realized this was an old post
Old 12-17-2018, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Message deleted

Sorry man, didn’t mean to be misleading. Just wanted to post an update to the holster discussion.