Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 06-24-2020, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
In the first section he does not elaborate on acceptable Good Cause, other than saying not Shall Issue (by which I assume means "self defense"/"personal protection" is insufficient Good Cause).

In the 34:10 section he say's they've "devoted a few more people to go through the applications and we're trying facilitate it to speed it up, so that you have an answer quicker than before." Assuming he's speaking precisely, that's more than 1 and more than two (that would be "a couple"). It sounds like he's doing the minimum to improve issuance. As I've posted before, people with Light Red GC should apply and let us know how it goes once they've got card in hand, exhausted appeals or give up.
Thank you very much. Also, I sent you a PM earlier. I can't find it in my sent folder. The message box seems to be acting up. I answered the questions. Did you receive it?
Old 06-24-2020, 1:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffygunguy View Post
Thank you very much. Also, I sent you a PM earlier. I can't find it in my sent folder. The message box seems to be acting up. I answered the questions. Did you receive it?
No. My mailbox may have been full. I've deleted some PMs since then.
Old 06-24-2020, 4:42 PM

Does anyone know how long you need to wait after being denied? I was denied in August 2019 for lack of good cause but want to reapply.
Old 06-24-2020, 5:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
The sheriff is live on Facebook right now and ...
How'd you find out about this event?
Old 06-24-2020, 5:07 PM

Is there a step by step guide on what to fill out and best way to turn in the application? I filled out the application with all information. I did not sign the Public Disclosure Admonition yet cause it has a place for the witness to sign. (Should I sign it?)

I am leaving sections 6, 7, and 8 blank as directed by the red print on the Application PDF. "Sections 6, 7 and 8 must be completed in the presence of an official of the licensing agency."

Is it better to mail it in or to go to a station and hand it in?

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell on a BBC broadcast, April 4, 1942

"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." ---Wyatt Earp
Old 06-24-2020, 5:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Paladin, he did not. He did say it will not be shall issue. He said he expects approvals to increase 400%.
2019 July 01 LA Co had 424 CCWs acc to:
https://www.mercedsunstar.com/site-s...232198382.html

It's a small step, but at least it's in the right direction.
Old 06-24-2020, 5:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E View Post
Does anyone know how long you need to wait after being denied? I was denied in August 2019 for lack of good cause but want to reapply.
Why do you think you have to wait a certain amount of time before reapplying?

Why do you think your GC would be approved now? LASD probably requires a GC that will pass Dark Red or Light Red. Does yours meet either of those standards? (See post #31 at: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924)
Old 06-24-2020, 5:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksands View Post
Is there a step by step guide on what to fill out and best way to turn in the application? I filled out the application with all information. I did not sign the Public Disclosure Admonition yet cause it has a place for the witness to sign. (Should I sign it?)

I am leaving sections 6, 7, and 8 blank as directed by the red print on the Application PDF. "Sections 6, 7 and 8 must be completed in the presence of an official of the licensing agency."

Is it better to mail it in or to go to a station and hand it in?
I hope you've got at least Light Red Good Cause. If you haven't already you should read over my posts in this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924

It's for CoCoCo but good advice for applying in any non-green county.
Old 06-24-2020, 5:32 PM

Because it’s only 10 bucks to reapply, and it might be enlightening to see how much, If any their standards have changed
Old 06-24-2020, 6:01 PM

Quote:
I hope you've got at least Light Red Good Cause. If you haven't already you should read over my posts in this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924

It's for CoCoCo but good advice for applying in any non-green county.
I think I am at least light red. My fiance is a restaurant owner and I help her out with managing and we carry cash home every night and my work requires me to transport high priced IT equipment. My boss is willing to write a letter saying so as well. I have a COE and 03FFL so shouldn't have any issue with moral character requirement. I guess Ill turn in what I got and see what happens.

I guess my question is like, do I just mail in with a check? Is it better to turn it in to a station? Should I staple it?

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell on a BBC broadcast, April 4, 1942

"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." ---Wyatt Earp

Last edited by darksands; 06-24-2020 at 6:03 PM..
Old 06-24-2020, 6:24 PM

Sheriff Villanueva just announced on live stream that he will increase permits by 400%
Old 06-24-2020, 6:45 PM
Veteran Member

So should I apply with Torrance, where I live, or with LASD?

A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.
Old 06-24-2020, 7:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
Sheriff Villanueva just announced on live stream that he will increase permits by 400%
Um, you're about 8 hours behind us.

See post #1090 above.
Old 06-24-2020, 7:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwaiz View Post
So should I apply with Torrance, where I live, or with LASD?
Torrance has flipped back and forth over the past 10 years re. issuing. Last I heard was that they were issuing, but I don't know the "color"/GC standard. If I were you, I'd review my CoCoCo CCW App advice sticked at the top of this forum, work up my best GC statement and try to talk to someone in the Torrance PD's CCW unit to see what they think. If TPD denies you, you can apply directly w/LASD.

Remember: AV has not said what his GC standard is. My *GUESS* is Light Red. Do you have GC that meets or exceeds that (i.e., is Light Red or Dark Red)?
Old 06-24-2020, 7:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E View Post
Because it’s only 10 bucks to reapply, and it might be enlightening to see how much, If any their standards have changed
If you do apply, be sure to let us (or at least PM me) know how it goes. I want to encourage everyone who can get issued to apply, but I don't want to have people waste their (or my) time, money or effort if they have no chance.
Old 06-24-2020, 7:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I think I am at least light red. ... shouldn't have any issue with moral character requirement. I guess Ill turn in what I got and see what happens.
Yeah, you sound like you've got a solid chance if AV's taken it to Light Red. Will your boss say they'd approve of you carrying on the job?

Let me know how it goes.

Quote:
I guess my question is like, do I just mail in with a check? Is it better to turn it in to a station? Should I staple it?
I don't focus on, thus know, details like that.

Last edited by Paladin; 06-25-2020 at 9:21 PM..
Old 06-24-2020, 7:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Torrance has flipped back and forth over the past 10 years re. issuing. Last I heard was that they were issuing, but I don't know the "color"/GC standard. If I were you, I'd review my CoCoCo CCW App advice sticked at the top of this forum, work up my best GC statement and try to talk to someone in the Torrance PD's CCW unit to see what they think. If TPD denies you, you can apply directly w/LASD.

Remember: AV has not said what his GC standard is. My *GUESS* is Light Red. Do you have GC that meets or exceeds that (i.e., is Light Red or Dark Red)?
Thanks. When I moved to Torrance, they were discretely issuing then we got a new chief and she is not. I feel I do have GC that meets light red and may even skirt dark red. I was mainly wondering if I can bypass Torrance and apply with LASD instead.

A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.
Old 06-24-2020, 7:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwaiz View Post
Thanks. When I moved to Torrance, they were discretely issuing then we got a new chief and she is not. I feel I do have GC that meets light red and may even skirt dark red. I was mainly wondering if I can bypass Torrance and apply with LASD instead.
Last I heard, yes. But that was from before AV. Nowadays it's legal for a sheriff to say they'll not issue to a city's residents, only their PD will.

But why would you not try TPD first? That gives you "two bites at the apple," two chances to be approved.

But then if it's as you say, your chief is not issuing, this is moot. You can only apply with LASD.
Old 06-24-2020, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you sound like you've got a solid chance if AV's taken it to Light Red. Will your boss say they'd approve of you carrying on the job?

Let me know how it goes.

I don't focus on, thus know, details like that.

Yea, my boss is pro 2a and since he lives in OC he has his CCW.

Old 06-25-2020, 8:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Looks like the Sheriffs Dept is getting a $160mil budget cut.
In Los Angeles County’s first proposed budget reflecting the pandemic-related economic slowdown, officials announced Thursday that public safety will bear the brunt of an overall 8% cut in spending, with the Sheriff’s Department eyed for more than 400 layoffs and $162 million trimmed from its $3.3-billion budget.
Can they really keep saying, "you don't need a gun, just dial 911", at a time when police budgets are being slashed? You call 911 and say "someone is following me and getting closer" and they will refer you to a social services number which will come out the next day and offer support to the marginalized community.

Of course CCW issuance in LA is about power, not logic or rights, so... this might not matter.

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.
Old 06-25-2020, 9:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
Looks like the Sheriffs Dept is getting a $160mil budget cut.
In Los Angeles County’s first proposed budget reflecting the pandemic-related economic slowdown, officials announced Thursday that public safety will bear the brunt of an overall 8% cut in spending, with the Sheriff’s Department eyed for more than 400 layoffs and $162 million trimmed from its $3.3-billion budget.
Can they really keep saying, "you don't need a gun, just dial 911", at a time when police budgets are being slashed? You call 911 and say "someone is following me and getting closer" and they will refer you to a social services number which will come out the next day and offer support to the marginalized community.

Of course CCW issuance in LA is about power, not logic or rights, so... this might not matter.
Will the sheriff really devote more staff to processing CCW apps when his budget is getting whacked and he's got layoffs?

Last edited by Paladin; 06-25-2020 at 9:27 PM..
Old 06-25-2020, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Will the sheriff really devote more staff to processing CCW apps when his budget is getting whacked and he's got layoffs?

He didn’t do it when he had the budget, why would he do it when he doesn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2020, 4:56 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
No, he will not.That is why this entire discussion of CCW issuance by the LASD is ridiculous. YOU WILL NOT GET A CCW ISSUED TO YOU IN L.A. COUNTY. PERIOD!!!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 06-26-2020, 6:07 AM

Quote:
If you had a failing retail store and the opportunity to sell a $10 product for $300 would it help your bottom line?
The Sheriff COULD view LTC’s as a cash cow to help make up for the county budget cuts. (but I’d bet I’ll be living in another state before LA residents get ccw’s)
Old 06-26-2020, 10:00 AM

Anyone remember OC Sheriff Carona? Needed cash for campaign and other "expenses".

Sheriff Villanueva closed guns stores as non-essential (he made statements that he didn't believe non-LE/security needed anything during a crisis--because it would lead to more calls for service due to domestic incidents)and been in a deep beef with the supervisors who are chipping away at whether or not the sheriff has authority over this or that (state level proposed changes to make the office subjugated to county supervisors instead of elected office). They recently changed County charter to take away command from him when the county declares a state of emergency. DA not backing him on the closures.

This is an embroiled political mess and if anything, looks like he needs $ war chest to keep going. Its not always about what's officially on the books.

This is just solely my opinion based on observation and past experience.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member

So, do I leave sections 6, 7 snd 8 blank completely? Fill it in later under the supervision of LEO?

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA
Old 06-26-2020, 1:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewcmr2 View Post
If you had a failing retail store and the opportunity to sell a $10 product for $300 would it help your bottom line?
The Sheriff COULD view LTC’s as a cash cow to help make up for the county budget cuts. (but I’d bet I’ll be living in another state before LA residents get ccw’s)
They would if they (legally) could. But they can't, so they ain't. Hit this link for details:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
FIFY:
Old 06-26-2020, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
No, he will not.That is why this entire discussion of CCW issuance by the LASD is ridiculous. YOU WILL NOT GET A CCW ISSUED TO YOU IN L.A. COUNTY. PERIOD!!!
The EXISTENCE of this thread is a parody. There is no thinking involved in wishing and hoping for a CCW in the City of Los Angeles.

Either one must be naive or live in fantasy and dreamy fiction.

You might as well expect that the City is going to disregard the National Firearms Act and issue you a suppressor alongside your CCW.
Old 06-27-2020, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecklerNKoch View Post

You might as well expect that the City is going to disregard the National Firearms Act and issue you a suppressor alongside your CCW.
Well, that would be awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2020, 5:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecklerNKoch View Post
The EXISTENCE of this thread is a parody. There is no thinking involved in wishing and hoping for a CCW in the City of Los Angeles.

Either one must be naive or live in fantasy and dreamy fiction.

Thank you!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

Old 06-27-2020, 11:22 AM

Just a FYI. The deputy at the Santa Clarita station desk did not seem to know where to send the application to.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

My question is a simple one, but I still have no answer for it. What is Alex The Weasel trying to gain with peddling this obvious crap? It's certainly not that he gives a damn about our 2A. What is his angle? County supervisors vs The Weasel power struggle?

"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win."

"Don't shoot fast, shoot good."

-- Clint Smith
Old 06-27-2020, 12:46 PM

Sheriff Villanueva claims to plan issuing 400% more ccw permits and that staff has been hired to process those permits. Yeah right! The blogger said it perfect....400% of ZERO is still ZERO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Z_7FGLgLY
Old 06-29-2020, 3:18 PM
Calguns Addict

I like the idea, and have it half filled out again. Bought a G36 and holster way back when I thought this might happen before...
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14
Old 06-29-2020, 6:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
I like the idea, and have it half filled out again. Bought a G36 and holster way back when I thought this might happen before...
What matters most is your Good Cause. Read through at least the first 3 posts at: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1482924 and post #31. If you have Light Red level of GC and can prove it, go for it. No guarantees, of course. IIRC, it only costs $10 to get a GC decision.
Old 06-29-2020, 6:45 PM

Quote:
What matters most is your Good Cause. Read through at least the first 3 posts at: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1482924 and post #31. If you have Light Red level of GC and can prove it, go for it. No guarantees, of course. IIRC, it only costs $10 to get a GC decision.

I believe my GC is most definitely light red. I started filling out the forms but noticed a lot of the forms require you to fill them out in the presence of an officer/official. Including the GC section.

Is that how it’s done or should the whole form be filled out so that they can assess the GC before moving forward (or not)

Thank you Mr Paladin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2020, 5:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
What actually matters most is the fact that LASD will not issue to regular people. I am waiting to eat that crow as it simply won't happen!

Old 06-30-2020, 6:28 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo818 View Post
I believe my GC is most definitely light red. I started filling out the forms but noticed a lot of the forms require you to fill them out in the presence of an officer/official. Including the GC section.

Is that how it’s done or should the whole form be filled out so that they can assess the GC before moving forward (or not)

Thank you Mr Paladin.
Since I've never applied with LASD (I'm in the SFBA), I've asked a CGNer who has to answer your Q.

Last edited by Paladin; 06-30-2020 at 6:56 AM..
Old 06-30-2020, 6:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
What actually matters most is the fact that LASD will not issue to regular people. I am waiting to eat that crow as it simply won't happen!

It's pretty sad you're using the Duke's image while doing nothing but naysaying and acting like a little yapping dog on the side of the road. I'd think, at the very least, you'd have something, anything, better to do than spend your time & effort doing that. But I guess not....
Old 06-30-2020, 10:27 AM
Head Janitor

So assuming Sheriff AV actually does come through with more permits and assuming I decide to apply does L.A. County have limitations on the firearms you put on your permit?

Specifically does it have to be stock or can you have a modded frame or conversion barrel in a gun listed on a CCW?
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.