Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 2:56 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
The stack on cabinets are not considered a safe so you can only fill out the affidavit within 30 days of purchase with receipt I believe.
You said it, I didn't. The stack ons approved (long list here):

http://safetydevice.doj.ca.gov/dsear...p?select=model
are as acceptable for use as the biggest one ton combo behemoth you can find.

Find the 30 day idea printed out..............or stop........wasting......our TIME.
Old 03-06-2013, 3:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
You said it, I didn't. The stack ons approved (long list here):

http://safetydevice.doj.ca.gov/dsear...p?select=model
are as acceptable for use as the biggest one ton combo behemoth you can find.

Find the 30 day idea printed out..............or stop........wasting......our TIME.
Stack on has both safes and cabinets. As I already showed the cabinets do not meet the standards for a safe, only a lock box. You can see right on their website which safes are UL-RSC certified, and the cabinets are not. I already showed that lock boxes are only good for 30 days from receipt on the affidavit from the CADOJ website. I'm not making this up for my health. I already had to buy two locks because of this when i picked up my last two lower receivers.
Old 03-06-2013, 3:28 PM
Banned

Cant count the number of locks I have.Just found one still brand new in the package..stupid Ca laws..glad Im moving out of state soon...but with all this panic mess I wouldnt be surprised if I have to re-live this horror again where Im going
Old 03-23-2013, 12:01 AM

Do the math...add $5.99 on every non-safe sale but its good for the children!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 3:55 AM
Banned

What I can't figure out is why you guys have so many locks? Aren't you allowed to bring one of your locks into the store. It seems like you should only need one that you take to the store every time you pick up a new gun.

I don't buy my guns from retail stores (I use a private FFL) so I don't have to deal with this BS. He knows I have a safe,etc.
Old 03-23-2013, 8:10 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTim View Post
What I can't figure out is why you guys have so many locks? Aren't you allowed to bring one of your locks into the store. It seems like you should only need one that you take to the store every time you pick up a new gun.
only if that lock that you brought in was purchased in the last 30-days and you have a receipt for it. They don't want you recycling locks. The point is that you should have a lock for each firearm so that it can be stored locked (or you use the safe affidavit).

Quote:
I don't buy my guns from retail stores (I use a private FFL) so I don't have to deal with this BS. He knows I have a safe,etc.
the same rules apply to him. he has to document that he provided you with a lock for any handgun transfers, and a lock (or safe affidavit) for any longgun transfers.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmandan View Post
I called the store mgr for clarification. His name is Mike. He said it's gotta be thick wall steel safe with a combo.

Turner's uses their own form that is very simple, it just asks for model number and brand.

What the H do you guys do with all these locks? I have a bunch still in the packaging. What else are they good for? Only one I'd keep is the Ruger, since it's a padlock type.
I use them to secure the third row seat of my SUV. Helps prevent them from being stolen.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:01 PM

A bit off topic but my Mossberg 590 came with a mossberg branded lock inside the box. It was specifically for California I think.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:49 PM

most US made guns & few foreign companies (HK, Sig Sauer, Glock) long & handguns come with locks.

new guns that don't come with locks, that i can remember: (other than used or consigment)

Rossi
Taurus
Rock Island Armory
Colt (AR rifles)
Howa
Barrett
"The gun has played a critical role in history...an invention that has been both praised and denounced...served hero and villain alike...and carries with it moral responsibility. To better understand the gun is to better understand history."
Old 03-24-2013, 7:57 AM

anyone know if this is just really to take possession of a firearm? i mean once you have it home, you can store it any way you want, loaded out of the safe. (if no children). although i know yee is trying to pass something..
Old 03-25-2013, 9:17 PM

Locks from your local PD are free and should work
Old 03-30-2013, 2:03 PM

[QUOTE=TheHammerOfTruth;10504686]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
You can have a cabneit. You just have to bring the receipt.

Winner winner! This is the bottom half of the CA DOJ form (already been down this road)

Affidavit Stating Ownership of a DOJ-Certified Lock Box
(This affidavit applies only to lock boxes listed on the Roster of Firearms Safety Devices Certified for Sale and is not valid for any other type of firearms safety device. Firearms Dealer: This affidavit is only valid when accompanied by a receipt.)I own and possess a _________________________ ________________________ lock box that is listed on the
(Make) (Model)
Roster of Firearms Safety Devices Certified for Sale that will accommodate the firearm(s) I am taking delivery of on ________________. The DOJ-certified lock box was not presented at the time the firearm was acquired
(Date)
because the lock box was permanently affixed at some other location or too large and/or heavy to present at the time of acquisition. I declare under penalty of perjury that all statements made in this affidavit are true and complete.
(Signature) (Date)
and the winner is ^^^^^
Old 04-22-2013, 9:33 AM
Banned

I always buy a lock at Walmart on my way down to Turner's and then return it on the way home or 10 days later.
Old 04-22-2013, 4:22 PM

So wait, the lock that the manufacturer provides is not enough now?
Old 04-22-2013, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Mule View Post
So wait, the lock that the manufacturer provides is not enough now?
it's still good enough.

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Lord Acton

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Thomas Jefferson

There's only one real party in America. It's called the Capitalist Party, and you ain't invited.
Old 04-22-2013, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1681 View Post
it's still good enough.
I'm just making sure that I understand that if the manufacturer provides the lock, then you have nothing to worry about. But if there is none, then Turner's makes you buy a key lock and that's that?

Or will they ask if you own a safe on top of that, and if you don't, then you have to buy...another lock?
Old 04-22-2013, 9:58 PM
Veteran Member

Turner's charged me for a lock and never gave it to me...